Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, of course. I don't go for looks first either. It's always what's on the inside that really counts.

I don't even get 5 star characters, and half the time I've gotten duplicates. Two times I got the same character twice in one pull (two Matthews in one pull, two Subakis in one pull). When I DO pull a character that's supposed to be a focus and really good, he's a fricken 3 star with the worst bane/boon (Robin with -spd and +res). My luck is the worst here. I expect to throw away a lot of money just to get Ike or Elincia or both.

I'm sad...

I have terrible luck with banes, my Roy is -Spd, my Camilla is -Atk, my Takumi is -Spd, my Robin is -Atk, my Julia is -Spd, my Tiki is -Atk.  I don't think I have a single bane/boon that would be considered good.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if they put Ike and Elincia in different banners, just to spite Ike x Elincia fans lmao.

I don't know if Elincia will be in the initial Tellius set.  I'd imagine it would be Ike and Micaiah, if they just do two, but we'll see.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I doubt Ike will be worse than Marth, other than lack of dragon slaying I guess.

Marth is awesome. He may not seem that spectacular at first (no Special, Pivot that doesn't seem impressive and all), but he's one of my favourite units. He's rather fast so he almost never gets doubled, even by most Takumis, he's bulky, has a ton of Movement thanks to Pivot (that gives him up to 4 Mov) and Escape route, hits very hard (so he slaughters Camilla, Hector, Julia), and has Spur Spd (I prefer Spur to Hone). He auto-heals and is effective against dragons.

'Cause I'm 200% sure Ike will have Aether that sucks IMO.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Marth is awesome. He may not seem that spectacular at first (no Special, Pivot that doesn't seem impressive and all), but he's one of my favourite units. He's rather fast so he almost never gets doubled, even by most Takumis, he's bulky, has a ton of Movement thanks to Pivot (that gives him up to 4 Mov) and Escape route, hits very hard (so he slaughters Camilla, Hector, Julia), and has Spur Spd (I prefer Spur to Hone). He auto-heals and is effective against dragons.

I didn't say Marth was bad, he's alright I guess. Definitely not the best in the business, though, and the fact that Ike is almost guaranteed Aether is likely to put him above Marth's level.

Somehow, the idea of Ike & Soren/Micaiah & Sothe/Alm & Celica being in the next banner and that it might be about friendship just struck me (that said, I just started PoR recently so I haven't gone that far, and I have yet to play RD and Echoes inGaiden's stead, so I might be wrong about that friendship thing, haha). After all, if they chose family bonds first, I expect friends to come next... Though I might be dead wrong x)

Or maybe go full PoR/RD with Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe/Soren, which I doubt since we didn't get all the Jugdral Main characters in one focus... but who knows?

In all seriousness, I think anyone will do as long as it is not all about characters that are currently in the summoning pool.

I believe there's still the "Choose your Legends" event so it's another possibility... Maybe they'll run both at the same time.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I didn't say Marth was bad, he's alright I guess. Definitely not the best in the business, though, and the fact that Ike is almost guaranteed Aether is likely to put him above Marth's level.

Yes, but he's higher than alright. He's great. And Aether sucks, it takes a while to trigger.

2 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Yes, but he's higher than alright. He's great. And Aether sucks, it takes a while to trigger.

Well, no, he's not.

Aether does kinda take a while to trigger, but I think Ike will also get Luna to go with it, hopefully. If not, Sol is still good.

10 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I want Marcia or Nephenee! Or Shinon with his Silencer, I don't have a very good archer. 4* Jeorge was good, but he's falling behind and is apparently not that great at 5*, despite his Parthia.

I already have too much Swordsmen (especially slow and/or bulky), so even if I like Ike (:D:), I'd have no utility for him, and Marth is great so I won't probably replace him. Elincia may be useful though, if they keep Amiti's effect since I have no brave weapon user.

There's tons of Tellius units I'd like to get, but I'm not sure if they're popular enough to be in a Focus, unless it's a weird one, like the Maria Focus, which had seemingly random characters.

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That will depend on whether Ike will have good enough Speed to double.  That's why I see PoR Ike being better, until we see otherwise.  A 5 counter is doable on a unit that has decent Speed.  After two battles, the timer will be down.  If he doesn't double, it will pretty much never come up in a match.  That was the case with Lilina.  She has a great AoE bomb, but since she's so slow, she never doubles, and if she gets hit at all, she's pretty much dead, so she has to snipe 5 times to actually get her Special to activate, which has never happened for me when I used her in Arena.  Depending on team compostion, I could see fast Ike getting a couple favorable hits where he can get his Aether to go off.

Ike vs Melee

(5) Ike hit (4) Enemy counter (3) Ike double (2)

(2) Enemy hits (1) Ike counters (0) Ike doubles with Aether.

Ike could also get a freebie hit on a mage, thief, or non-Takumi archer to drop the counter down a couple points.  Being able to double makes a huge difference for the 5 tick Special Skills.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's tons of Tellius units I'd like to get, but I'm not sure if they're popular enough to be in a Focus, unless it's a weird one, like the Maria Focus, which had seemingly random characters.

That will depend on whether Ike will have good enough Speed to double.  That's why I see PoR Ike being better, until we see otherwise.  A 5 counter is doable on a unit that has decent Speed.  After two battles, the timer will be down.  If he doesn't double, it will pretty much never come up in a match.  That was the case with Lilina.  She has a great AoE bomb, but since she's so slow, she never doubles, and if she gets hit at all, she's pretty much dead, so she has to snipe 5 times to actually get her Special to activate, which has never happened for me when I used her in Arena.  Depending on team compostion, I could see fast Ike getting a couple favorable hits where he can get his Aether to go off.

Ike vs Melee

(5) Ike hit (4) Enemy counter (3) Ike double (2)

(2) Enemy hits (1) Ike counters (0) Ike doubles with Aether.

Ike could also get a freebie hit on a mage, thief, or non-Takumi archer to drop the counter down a couple points.  Being able to double makes a huge difference for the 5 tick Special Skills.

I rather expect Ike to get doubled than doubling, that's the problem. I think he'll be pretty similar to Chrom in terms of stats, maybe more bulky and slower. 

The problem with Aether is that it can trigger anytime, unlike AoE that I already find rather bad, so you may be forced to use it against a deadly wounded enemy to recover very few HP during EP.

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I rather expect Ike to get doubled than doubling, that's the problem. I think he'll be pretty similar to Chrom in terms of stats, maybe more bulky and slower. 

The problem with Aether is that it can trigger anytime, unlike AoE that I already find rather bad, so you may be forced to use it against a deadly wounded enemy to recover very few HP during EP.

It depends on which version of Ike we get.  If it's PoR Ike, he maxed his Speed at 28 on average in that game, so he was a pretty speedy unit.

It's only the RD Ike that was slow.  Even then he wasn't really that slow, but the caps in that game were so wonky, it's hard to compare it to others.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That is a problem, but it's also something you have to plan around when using Special Skills. It's why I switched Kagerou's skill from the 2-count one back to the 3-count one, because anti-Takumi often lead to the skill being wasted.

Yeah, even if Ike gets Aether, he'll probably have Luna or Sol as a prerequisite.

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Maybe. Zephiel didn't get his ranged counterattack. 

I see, I won't have to worry too much about fighting against a sword faster and more mobile version of Hector. (Please, don't do that IS) 

Talking about ranged weapons, it's funny no one has a javelin/hand axe to begin with. Those weapons could just have worked like colored bows, it's a shame we don't have any. Same for dual weapons or magic weapons like the Levin Sword. Just a random thought.

And, I think Ike could be fast enough to double enemies as he was in PoR (or maybe I was just lucky in my level ups). Him being another Chrom won't do him any good, I suppose for the sake of uniqueness.

And well, at least, it does trigger in battle and can actually kill the enemy. I remember that I had to send my Merric (my last standing unit) to death because his AoE dealt damage, but his actual attack none. I couldn't finish my opponent at all and lost a Duel Crest. :'( 

Of course, my problem with Aether is his counter that is too high, so it may not trigger or trigger too late (and won't trigger twice), when you're already done so it doesn't matter or is wasted. The only option I see would be Ike having counterattack, if teams changes in the Arena. He won't have a lot of Res, so Mages will kill him, and Takumis will slaughter him if he doesn't OHKO them. We don't met a lot of ranged units aside from them. Kagero would hit him hard with her Dagger. Sometimes I meet some Jakob, but that's rare.

@Rezzy Ike is slow in Fates and Smash though. Maybe IS will focus more on what people usually think of him than his actual growths. 'Cause Ike is usually in people's mind the beefy, bulky swordsman that hits very hard in one blow rather than a Swordmaster like Navarre.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

3 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Of course, my problem with Aether is his counter that is too high, so it may not trigger or trigger too late (and won't trigger twice), when you're already done so it doesn't matter or is wasted. The only option I see would be Ike having counterattack, if teams changes in the Arena. He won't have a lot of Res, so Mages will kill him, and Takumis will slaughter him if he doesn't OHKO them. We don't met a lot of ranged units aside from them. Kagero would hit him hard with her Dagger. Sometimes I meet some Jakob, but that's rare.

I hope they don't add any more 1-2 Counters, especially on a unit that will likely be as powerful as Ike.

If it is added to more, I'd rather they do it for otherwise weaker units, maybe the Dagger users other than Kagero, giving them a niche other than debuffing.

9 minutes ago, Luxian said:

I see, I won't have to worry too much about fighting against a sword faster and more mobile version of Hector. (Please, don't do that IS) 

Talking about ranged weapons, it's funny no one has a javelin/hand axe to begin with. Those weapons could just have worked like colored bows, it's a shame we don't have any. Same for dual weapons or magic weapons like the Levin Sword. Just a random thought.

And, I think Ike could be fast enough to double enemies as he was in PoR (or maybe I was just lucky in my level ups). Him being another Chrom won't do him any good, I suppose for the sake of uniqueness.

And well, at least, it does trigger in battle and can actually kill the enemy. I remember that I had to send my Merric (my last standing unit) to death because his AoE dealt damage, but his actual attack none. I couldn't finish my opponent at all and lost a Duel Crest. :'( 

Then again, F!Robin's real kit is completely different from her kit as an enemy, so Zephiel could get Ranged Counter...

Honestly I am kinda mad that I only just got a 5 star character for the first time last night (Hawkeye) and in general the 20k hero feather to rank up to 5star is kinda ridiculous considering how rare the drop is and the only way to get a decent amount of them is to just play arena battles constantly. Also I found out you can get points and trade for items and there's a free 10 orbs you can get that is hidden away there. Which was nice but what the hell???

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope they don't add any more 1-2 Counters, especially on a unit that will likely be as powerful as Ike.

If it is added to more, I'd rather they do it for otherwise weaker units, maybe the Dagger users other than Kagero, giving them a niche other than debuffing.

Ranged counter is already "confirmed" on Xander and Camus. Someone posted them at level 40 on Reddit (through hacking), it's a bit scary, especially Xander.

At last did F!Robin map. Well... The Normal one. Thanks to Felicia and Caeda. A real pain, seriously...

Ah, and I discover the Expert (Lunatic for you ?) quest. 5 orbs for destroying cuirassed units... I'm doing it since yesterday. I want them badly !

15 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Ranged counter is already "confirmed" on Xander and Camus. Someone posted them at level 40 on Reddit (through hacking), it's a bit scary, especially Xander.

Maybe I'm biased, but it seems like the Awakening and Fates characters are on average stronger than the older characters. Granted, there's more of them in the game, but it still doesn't feel balanced. Unless Ike and Sigurd are absolute gods when they enter I'll feel a little cheated, although looking at Seliph neither will likely be that great. 

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Maybe I'm biased, but it seems like the Awakening and Fates characters are on average stronger than the older characters. Granted, there's more of them in the game, but it still doesn't feel balanced. Unless Ike and Sigurd are absolute gods when they enter I'll feel a little cheated, although looking at Seliph neither will likely be that great. 

I think part of it is just that they're over-represented.  Of the 32 Red units available right now, 15 are from the 3DS games.  7 are from Marthland, 7 are from Elibe, and 1 each from Magvel, Jugral, and the original Heroes guy, Alfonse.  With about half of the cast coming from just the two 3DS games, they're more likely to have OP characters.

Regarding "counter" weapons, yeah, there are already characters like Xander and Camus who will be able to retaliate at range. I personally wonder how powerful Camus will be since he is a Blue and the current meta has a decent amount of Reds and Blues. (Cavalry teams are looking good once Camus, Xander, and Ursula are available...)

Now for Ike, I can see his Radiant Dawn counterpart having stats similar to Chrom and his Path of Radiance self having stats similar to Lucina (since they all have Aether, but PoR Ike will probably bit a little slower but more bulkier than Lucina - think Ryoma). The biggest difference will be Ragnell and its special ability versus the Falchion. Ragnell may keep it's 1-2 range as its weapon special, but a part of me would love to see the Ragnell act as an "upgraded Killing Edge" so Ike can spam Aether more often.

As for skills, I personally would love to see Defiant Attack and Vantage for his passives as a callback to the Wrath+Vantage combo. I would also like to see Ike have a "Great Aether" of sorts since he is so commonly associated with it, and because he has a "Great Aether" in Smash.

Alternatively, they may go full crazy on us and give PoR Ike Ragnell and RD Ike Urvan because why not. An Aether Axe User would be interesting to see, and I wonder what they will do to make Urvan special (please don't just be a RES buff. I'll take simply higher damage with no specials than a RES buff).

Edited by Sire

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone else think they should have given Arthur a Brave Axe?  It would certainly fit his personality.

Well, I do, and I always think he does have one in battle. Maybe because I sometimes switch Raven for him... But Brave Axe + Lance Breaker seems painful.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know if Elincia will be in the initial Tellius set.  I'd imagine it would be Ike and Micaiah, if they just do two, but we'll see.

Yeah, I don't either, it's just what I would prefer and think is proper. Ike and Elincia are main characters in both games. Micaiah can only represent RD. So with Ike + Elincia, you get double representation of Tellius right away. This wouldn't be the case if it's Ike + Micaiah. For better representation of both to start off, Ike and Elincia together would be best. Micaiah can be a third member of that focus though, who knows? The fourth might be Sothe or Soren in that case.

Also, there's the possibility of them starting with just PoR and not both games, in which case Micaiah would make zero sense because of what I said above.

Edited by Anacybele