Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Yeah, I was doing it. Here it is : (Sorry, it's french)

Does it really work that way or did the translators mess up (again, see Physic)?
Too bad you can't test it against a mage right now because of its 5⋆ requirement.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Really strange.

Yeah, I was doing it. Here it is : (Sorry, it's french)

Reveal hidden contents

778102Capturedcrans20170224171611.png

Yeah that definitely has to be a glitch unless heroes are different in other countries and we just haven't known about it lol. Maybe Vaximillian is right and it's a translation error

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Does it really work that way or did the translators mess up (again, see Physic)?
Too bad you can't test it against a mage right now because of its 5⋆ requirement.

There's a problem with Physic ?

And yeh, too bad I can't test it... I didn't have the feathers to do it, so...

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

And yeh, too bad I can't test it... I didn't have the feathers to do it, so...

Physic says it heals all units within two tiles of the user, which is wrong. IT lets you heal a unit 2 tiles away. It doesn't grant AOE Healing :(

3 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

In the English version, it says: “Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target.” Obviously, it doesn't do that, it's just a single-target 8 HP heal with 2 range. The description is correct in the Japanese version. So the conclusion is, the translators messed up.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Physic says it heals all units within two tiles of the user, which is wrong. IT lets you heal a unit 2 tiles away. It doesn't grant AOE Healing :(

Ah okay. That's something I'll need to remember, in case of using it...

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

In the English version, it says: “Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target.” Obviously, it doesn't do that, it's just a single-target 8 HP heal with 2 range. The description is correct in the Japanese version. So the conclusion is, the translators messed up.

The french version is similary to the english, in this case.

They really need to fix these errors...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, there's Wrys and his special:

qU01GPE.jpg

Huh

Now I just feel like a moron. Never knew wrys had that. Kind of makes me think about the 2 3 stars of him I sent home (whoopsie).

43 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Huh

Now I just feel like a moron. Never knew wrys had that. Kind of makes me think about the 2 3 stars of him I sent home (whoopsie).

I know how you feel, mate. I did that with Wrys too.

And Jagen, who I now wish I'd kept my first of since he's becoming an important part of my Nino team (he has Fortify RES 2, and with that and Sakura's Fortify DEF 3 and Olivia's Hone ATK 1 or 2 (I don't recall which, sorry), Nino gets quite a few buffs for Gronnblade) and he'll probably be good on an all-cavalry team down the road (if I ever train up Stahl and Frederick). Not sure if I wanna give him Fury tho, dunno if the stat boosts are worth the self-damage.

Could I get some help with an arena offense and defense team? In the past I used Roy, Azura, Shanna, and Cecilia for both, but now I've had a few more pulls and as none of them are in the current bonus list I figured it's time for a change. My team usually took losses against any Takumi or Lucina team, and when they had both or had Olivia I couldn't win. However, M Robin was never an issue.

For some reason I can't upload pictures so I typed it all out, hope that still works.

Leveled Units

Spoiler

Roy 5* Lv 40 +Res -Def

Azura 5* Lv 40 +Def -Spd

Julia 5* Lv 35 +Atk - Res

Seliph 5* Lv 33 +Atk -Spd

Shanna 4* Lv 40 +Def -HP

Cecilia 4* Lv 40 +Atk/Def(?) -HP

Stahl 4* Lv 40 +Def -Res

Effie 4* Lv 29 +Atk -Spd

Raven 4* Lv 26 +Def -Atk

Marth 4* Lv 25 +Res -Def

M Robin 4* Lv 20 +Spd -HP

Some others that I have.

Spoiler

2 4* Hinatas, 4* Caeda, 4* Ogma, 2 4* Odins, 4* Peri, 3* Nino, 4 3* and lower Cecilias (one has better ivs than my leveled one but I can't remember what they were), and all of the hero dungeons so far except for 3* Narcian.

P.S. Is there a limit to how many photos you can upload to this site? It says the most size my pictures can take up is .25MB and it used to be over 1.4.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, Hawkeye. This dude has saved my ass yet again. He took those hits like a boss, and after that, it was just a matter of figuring out who should attack who. Freddy dealt with the lance guy, Palla took care of Robin, etc. PRAISE HAWKEYE.

Congratulations!

13 minutes ago, immatx said:

Could I get some help with an arena offense and defense team? In the past I used Roy, Azura, Shanna, and Cecilia for both, but now I've had a few more pulls and as none of them are in the current bonus list I figured it's time for a change. My team usually took losses against any Takumi or Lucina team, and when they had both or had Olivia I couldn't win. However, M Robin was never an issue.

For some reason I can't upload pictures so I typed it all out, hope that still works.

Leveled Units

Reveal hidden contents

Some others that I have.

Reveal hidden contents

P.S. Is there a limit to how many photos you can upload to this site? It says the most size my pictures can take up is .25MB and it used to be over 1.4.

Try swapping Cecilia for Julia, and Shanna for Effie.  Effie can be used to bait and murder physical non-green units, Roy can take care of green units, and Julia can make dragons cry.

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Leveled Units

Hide contents

Roy 5* Lv 40 +Res -Def

Azura 5* Lv 40 +Def -Spd

Julia 5* Lv 35 +Atk - Res

Seliph 5* Lv 33 +Atk -Spd

Shanna 4* Lv 40 +Def -HP

Cecilia 4* Lv 40 +Atk/Def(?) -HP

Stahl 4* Lv 40 +Def -Res

Effie 4* Lv 29 +Atk -Spd

Raven 4* Lv 26 +Def -Atk

Marth 4* Lv 25 +Res -Def

M Robin 4* Lv 20 +Spd -HP

Some others that I have.

Hide contents

2 4* Hinatas, 4* Caeda, 4* Ogma, 2 4* Odins, 4* Peri, 3* Nino, 4 3* and lower Cecilias (one has better ivs than my leveled one but I can't remember what they were), and all of the hero dungeons so far except for 3* Narcian.

Units 1 & 2: Your +Atk Julia should be a fantastic staple, with Azura support. Azura should enable Julia to OHKO basically any blue and most greens that the Meta runs right now, and significantly dent most reds. I think it'll OHKO Takumis that aren't +Res too. Azura has great offense to slaughter Reds that Julia can't take care of on her own.

Unit 3: With your Green and Blue spots covered, you could use some Red to deal with Camillas, Hawkeyes, other Julias and Ninos. Roy's got you covered with Triangle Adept (though he's your second one) and his sword giving him even more durability. Roy should take like 10 damage from Julias if that, and they're gigantic nukes. His Shove will prove helpful too. He'll be more useful than Seliph...I'd probably not run him as your fourth, even with him being 5*.

Unit 4: This can vary, based on your composition thus far. You have a melee Red and Blue with triangle adept and a Green mage, giving you nuke-levels of coverage. You'll either want to consider your fourth slot being Shanna (for her Threaten Speed, letting your Burst damage units double a bit more often), Raven (for his Threaten Def, letting your Roy/Azura hit even harder & give you coverage for dealing with Flying Lancers) pumping up your Caeda (for a focused Rally Speed & Res aura buffer, not really meant that much for fighting) or Effie (with Wary Fighter, can work as a decent Baiting unit since she has high Defense, can't be doubled for a while, hits melee units back super hard and has Smite to let your team cover more space on early turns). I'd probably prioritize Effie first since she'll hit just about anyone hard and since there's no Brave tomes, she's not likely to get doubled unless you move her poorly. Roy can shove her around too, fwiw.

Because of the map that splits up your team, I'd stick Julia with Azura so they cover each other. Set your team layout with Julia and Azura in slots 1 & 2 or 3 & 4.

[Effie] [Roy] [Julia] [Azura]

Also, for your pics: Upload them to IMGUR. Your files being 1.4MB is huge...those are like 8" tall photos that bog down websites in general. Imagine how poor cellular data users feel!

I have +Atk Julia as well, but beware that Effie will not die in one round to her unless Dragon Fang is active. Also, she unfortunately doesn't hurt Reds that much; even Young Tiki will survive. Other than that, great unit, and the healing is very welcome.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Clipped

I'll try Effie. She works really well with Julia too because Julia heals her getting her back above 80%. The only thing is I'm not a fan of the 1 movement, it takes away a lot of her usability.  

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Clipped

That's a really good point about the Azura Julia combo. However it would require me attacking first, as neither are particularly good when defending. But it has the potential for a deadly combo, especially the unpredictability on defense. On the split map they would reck tho. Julia nukes one unit, dance, and nuke the other unit and it's already 4v2. 

Thanks for the tip, Ill try to use imgur from now on. I'm still not really sure why it doesn't work all of a sudden but a workaround makes it irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Clipped

Ah ok thanks for mentioning that, as that would have been a bad first impression of her. 

I appreciate all the help y'all gave. I'll try to experiment more on my own, see what works best, but I think I've got a good place to start. 

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

That's a really good point about the Azura Julia combo. However it would require me attacking first, as neither are particularly good when defending. But it has the potential for a deadly combo, especially the unpredictability on defense. On the split map they would reck tho. Julia nukes one unit, dance, and nuke the other unit and it's already 4v2. 

• It's not nearly as bad when you can:
  • Let the enemy approach you while you turtle outside of the Danger Area
  • Place Julia one tile in and let her obliterate [Blue enemy] / Significantly harm/obliterate [Green enemy] or obliterate [Colorless non-healer enemy]. 
  • Dance her
  • Borp Julia back to where she originally was and/or outside of Danger zone

For times that it's a Red approaching, well, Julia still nukes basically every manakete to death. Alternatively, you can have Azura camp on the very edge of DangerZone when a Red's charging in. With her Sapphire Lance, she'll take almost no damage and with her stupidly high Atk and wpn, she'll slice and dice their organs like a chef slices onions. Azura doesn't initiate the attacks, but Julia normally would if you math out that she won't die.

I've been doing this with Olivia/Julia for about 4 days now and it's borderline trivialized the game for me...(mostly the bulletted strat). Just a few minutes ago, I took lv20 Olivia into Lunatic 8-5 with Julia and this basically won me half of the map with clever placement. My olivia can't even fight! Your Azura being able to fight makes your potential strats way better than mine by default!

Edited by Elieson

1 hour ago, Elieson said:
  • It's not nearly as bad when you can:
  • Let the enemy approach you while you turtle outside of the Danger Area
  • Place Julia one tile in and let her obliterate [Blue enemy] / Significantly harm/obliterate [Green enemy] or obliterate [Colorless non-healer enemy]. 
  • Dance her
  • Borp Julia back to where she originally was and/or outside of Danger zone

For times that it's a Red approaching, well, Julia still nukes basically every manakete to death. Alternatively, you can have Azura camp on the very edge of DangerZone when a Red's charging in. With her Sapphire Lance, she'll take almost no damage and with her stupidly high Atk and wpn, she'll slice and dice their organs like a chef slices onions. Azura doesn't initiate the attacks, but Julia normally would if you math out that she won't die.

I've been doing this with Olivia/Julia for about 4 days now and it's borderline trivialized the game for me...(mostly the bulletted strat). Just a few minutes ago, I took lv20 Olivia into Lunatic 8-5 with Julia and this basically won me half of the map with clever placement. My olivia can't even fight! Your Azura being able to fight makes your potential strats way better than mine by default!

It does sound pretty impressive. Now I'm excited to try it. A couple more hours leveling Effie and trying to max Julia and then I'll try the arena. It'll be entertaining at the very least.

When you used the Julia/Olivia strat are you able to take on Takumi or Kagero, or do you just leave them to your other units?

Okay, female Robin is turning out a lot better than male Robin did. She has one less speed at half as many levels. Both are 3 star now, as I decided to upgrade the 2 star Robin you get from one of her Grand Hero battles.

My male Robin is 3 star and lv. 22 and has 13 speed. Female Robin has 12 speed at 3 star and lv. 11. Her attack and defense aren't bad either. 17 attack and 12 defense. To compare, male Robin has 23 attack and 16 def.

Maybe my male Robin is -spd?

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, female Robin is turning out a lot better than male Robin did. She has one less speed at half as many levels. Both are 3 star now, as I decided to upgrade the 2 star Robin you get from one of her Grand Hero battles.

My male Robin is 3 star and lv. 22 and has 13 speed. Female Robin has 12 speed at 3 star and lv. 11. Her attack and defense aren't bad either. 17 attack and 12 defense. To compare, male Robin has 23 attack and 16 def.

Maybe my male Robin is -spd?

It's hard to say because the gains in the intermediate levels are unpredictable; for all you know, your Robin will gain a bunch of speed later. There is a way to check though. If your male Robin is over level 20 (which he is), go to Unlock Potential (doesnt matter if you dont have the feathers to actually do it or not), and it should show you his level 1 stats as a 4*. You can then go to the Fire Emblem Heroes wiki to compare those with his base stats to figure out his boon/bane.

3 hours ago, immatx said:

It does sound pretty impressive. Now I'm excited to try it. A couple more hours leveling Effie and trying to max Julia and then I'll try the arena. It'll be entertaining at the very least.

When you used the Julia/Olivia strat are you able to take on Takumi or Kagero, or do you just leave them to your other units?

If you park Olivia next to Julia for Hone Atk2 to proc, i think you will OHKO a takumi that doesnt run +Res. Avg res Takumi is 18 so your 53 innate Atk will be bumped to 55, dealing 38 dmg...i might be a bit off. Azura grants resboosts...i usually need to soften up Takumi first, taking a hit in the process. Kagero can safely be chipped head-on

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's hard to say because the gains in the intermediate levels are unpredictable; for all you know, your Robin will gain a bunch of speed later. There is a way to check though. If your male Robin is over level 20 (which he is), go to Unlock Potential (doesnt matter if you dont have the feathers to actually do it or not), and it should show you his level 1 stats as a 4*. You can then go to the Fire Emblem Heroes wiki to compare those with his base stats to figure out his boon/bane.

Right...

Yep. He's -spd. And +res. He has to be. His res is near equal to his def when it seems like it's usually lower, and then you have the speed comparison I made with female Robin. Not to mention she has a lot less res.

No wonder male Robin's been so damn useless and getting doubled by near everything. Maybe I'll pull a better one in the future.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Right...

Yep. He's -spd. And +res. He has to be. His res is near equal to his def when it seems like it's usually lower, and then you have the speed comparison I made with female Robin. Not to mention she has a lot less res.

No wonder male Robin's been so damn useless and getting doubled by near everything. Maybe I'll pull a better one in the future.

Well that's a shame :/ hope you pull better units in the future

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

If you park Olivia next to Julia for Hone Atk2 to proc, i think you will OHKO a takumi that doesnt run +Res. Avg res Takumi is 18 so your 53 innate Atk will be bumped to 55, dealing 38 dmg...i might be a bit off. Azura grants resboosts...i usually need to soften up Takumi first, taking a hit in the process. Kagero can safely be chipped head-on

Julia is always just short of killing him, which I suppose Olivia or sharina would fix like you said. But she gets ORKO by Takumi. I'm not sure how I can soften him up first, as it almost always would mean losing a unit right off the bat. I did all 3 attacks with that team. Lost twice, and both teams had Takumi. Effie gets 1 shot by Takumi and all magic users, and she can never get close enough to get a hit. She's lv 32 now but is basically dead weight. On the split map the Azura/Julia thing doesn't work so well as Julia will get one shot by everyone and retreating leaves the two of them trapped in a corner. If anything I'm even worse off against Takumi than before, and that sucks as he's in every other battle I seem to do. I could have still one the last match. I realized it right after I moved, but by sacrificing Effie, Julia could have killed Takumi without taking damage and could have mopped up the rest. So really 2-1 for the team with a human error. Any suggestions on what to improve? I know I was kind of broad, but it seems like you've gotten farther into arena than I have. I'll try again tomorrow and see if maybe I just got unlucky. 

Edited by immatx