Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

54 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've completed cavalry, fliers and infantry on one account, and infantry and fliers on a second. My hint: Narcian and Subaki, plus choosing the right maps (and Palla helped a bit) really do the job for fliers :D My second account doesn't have many cavalry members so training them up but likely won't be done in time. My first account has four armours - three Draug and one Gwendy... I'm training them for a laugh but doubt I'll get the job done ^.^''

Ahh, I'm so jealous. I only have 3 armors including the free draug. Honestly unless I get very lucky the only one of the cav/flyer/armor quests I have a chance of completing is cav. I have a bunch of subaki's and both narcian so I might try to train them up, but I'm so behind on the other quests I'll probably just ignore it :/

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Ana I would definitely recommend at least doing the easier version of the Grand Hero Battles because even though usually GHB units aren't super great in the arena or anything, they are a guarantee bonus unit (= more feathers when you get more points) and sometimes they can serve a particular niche well. I know you don't want to use anyone you don't like, and that's understandable--but think of it this way: using them may help you get the ones you do want to use down the line. It's possible that a Tellius character you like appear in a Grand Hero Battle instead of the pulls, and using them can actually let you amass the feathers to make the units you like stronger, help get you more orbs so you can have more saved up for when Ike shows up, etc

The harder versions can be tricky, and requires having the right team setup--not necessarily super buff 5*s, but if you haven't trained up those units it can be a pain. I did Ursula Lunatic for one of my friends (she was having a headache but time was running low), and I couldn't find a configuration for her main team to work, either, and had to train up 3* Robin and Tsubaki from low levels. That was a pain.

Also with your Leo issue, do you have spare Selenas or Roys lying around? I remember you saying you have a MRobin, and putting Triangle Adept on him can really help him wreck Leos. Barring having his special up Leo wouldn't be able to damage Robin much with TAdept.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Also with your Leo issue, do you have spare Selenas or Roys lying around? I remember you saying you have a MRobin, and putting Triangle Adept on him can really help him wreck Leos. Barring having his special up Leo wouldn't be able to damage Robin much with TAdept.

Huh, I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu :)

Did I miss something in this thread

Also, beat Lunatic quest. Not too bad except I had to redo 9-5 because I meant to dance Reinhardt but instead accidentally just placed Olivia down without doing anything and died and had to start over. Was pretty proud I finally got to do lunatic 9-5 full clear without using  a light's blessing, though.

Picked Gunther for my axe unit. He existed to buff Reinhardt and Reinhardt utterly shredded Xander. Love that guy.

Edited by Thor Odinson

11 minutes ago, immatx said:

Ahh, I'm so jealous. I only have 3 armors including the free draug. Honestly unless I get very lucky the only one of the cav/flyer/armor quests I have a chance of completing is cav. I have a bunch of subaki's and both narcian so I might try to train them up, but I'm so behind on the other quests I'll probably just ignore it :/

Jealous of the Draugs or the completed quests? I'm really curious as to whether Draugs can beat the tenth stratum, but I'm completing the guaranteed orb lunatic quests first, too ^.^

I do highly recommend training up Subaki and Narcian even if not for the quests. They've come in handy a lot for me, at least - Subaki was a godsend for the Ursula Lunatic, and I think Narcian may be key to the upcoming Michalis Lunatic (managed to complete the hard one easy enough). My Subaki is still only three star 'cos I don't want to reset him back down to one until I know I won't need him for the time it'll take to get him back up xD

I think a team of Narcian, Subaki and Palla (if you have one) works best, since all have TA weapons. If not, just pick the maps very carefully and it should be okay. I did use the occasional light's blessing, but I'm trying to spare those for greater needs...

10 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I mean, it's Arena. You can't possibly prepare for every unit. Leo is so unique and rare, not to mention just not a great unit, that preparing specifically for him would feel like a waste to me (not that M!Robin is bad though, not at all).

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I mean, it's Arena. You can't possibly prepare for every unit. Leo is so unique and rare, not to mention just not a great unit, that preparing specifically for him would feel like a waste to me (not that M!Robin is bad though, not at all).

TAdept Robin doesn't just cover Leo, though. He also can facetank basically any red (which are ever omnipresent in the arena) and annoying clears like Takumi and Klein. Haven't ran the numbers yet but he can probably even tank Kagero. He just needs to stay the fuck away from greens---which he should've done with or without TA.

I find getting a bit more on WTD is a reasonable price to pay for 2 really souped up WTAs.

Edited by Thor Odinson

@Thor Odinson Yesterday we talked about Ana putting Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker on M Robin

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Jealous of the Draugs or the completed quests? I'm really curious as to whether Draugs can beat the tenth stratum, but I'm completing the guaranteed orb lunatic quests first, too ^.^

I do highly recommend training up Subaki and Narcian even if not for the quests. They've come in handy a lot for me, at least - Subaki was a godsend for the Ursula Lunatic, and I think Narcian may be key to the upcoming Michalis Lunatic (managed to complete the hard one easy enough). My Subaki is still only three star 'cos I don't want to reset him back down to one until I know I won't need him for the time it'll take to get him back up xD

I think a team of Narcian, Subaki and Palla (if you have one) works best, since all have TA weapons. If not, just pick the maps very carefully and it should be okay. I did use the occasional light's blessing, but I'm trying to spare those for greater needs...

I guess both. Draug has a skill I want to use, but mostly the quests. I think I have palla, I have a Shanna I used to use already at lv40 so that'll help if I decide to go for it.

How hard was the michalis map? I missed it but it seemed like using a flyer to lure the right peg knight while blockading into the right hand corner would be a good funnel, but it didn't sound like that was a strategy anyone used. It would also bring Narcian down quickly for my Roy to clean up. :)

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

How did that go

I probably missed or something

work happens

Hmm, fairly well? Her Roy managed to pass through unscathed but iirc she fed a sully for swordbreaker 2.

26 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

@Ana I would definitely recommend at least doing the easier version of the Grand Hero Battles because even though usually GHB units aren't super great in the arena or anything, they are a guarantee bonus unit (= more feathers when you get more points) and sometimes they can serve a particular niche well. I know you don't want to use anyone you don't like, and that's understandable--but think of it this way: using them may help you get the ones you do want to use down the line. It's possible that a Tellius character you like appear in a Grand Hero Battle instead of the pulls, and using them can actually let you amass the feathers to make the units you like stronger, help get you more orbs so you can have more saved up for when Ike shows up, etc

The harder versions can be tricky, and requires having the right team setup--not necessarily super buff 5*s, but if you haven't trained up those units it can be a pain. I did Ursula Lunatic for one of my friends (she was having a headache but time was running low), and I couldn't find a configuration for her main team to work, either, and had to train up 3* Robin and Tsubaki from low levels. That was a pain.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I really really want Ike, of course. And I want Michalis anyway, so...

My male Robin already has Triangle Adept (2) as well as Swordbreaker (1). I'm still working on getting him the SP to change the latter to Swordbreaker 2.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I guess you're right. I really really want Ike, of course. And I want Michalis anyway, so...

My male Robin already has Triangle Adept (2) as well as Swordbreaker (1). I'm still working on getting him the SP to change the latter to Swordbreaker 2.

Nice. He'll definitely wreck hard now.  And yeah, the SP grind is pretty annoying--I've been basically just doing Stratum 8-10 to feed Reinhardt repeatedly so I can get him Death Blow 3 when I get a spare Klein. Still doesn't have enough, though, and 9 stamina a pop for 9-15 SP per run means 75 SP per 4 hour period, tops. So slow.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Nice. He'll definitely wreck hard now.  And yeah, the SP grind is pretty annoying--I've been basically just doing Stratum 8-10 to feed Reinhardt repeatedly so I can get him Death Blow 3 when I get a spare Klein. Still doesn't have enough, though, and 9 stamina a pop for 9-15 SP per run means 75 SP per 4 hour period, tops. So slow.

He didn't wreck that Leo at all though. I just got him to lv. 40 and now I'm trying to get Sharena there too (she's lv. 38), so maybe that'll help a bit. Freddy and Palla are lv. 40 as well.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He didn't wreck that Leo at all though. I just got him to lv. 40 and now I'm trying to get Sharena there too (she's lv. 38), so maybe that'll help a bit. Freddy and Palla are lv. 40 as well.

I forget if you've mentioned it before, but is your Robin 5*? Because if not, that's likely why he isn't wrecking Leo as hard as he would be. If/when you upgrade him, he'll be quite a bit better (obviously if you did already upgrade him, just disregard this). 

EDIT: Also you mentioned an Azura in that match. Azura gives a +Res buff to allies around her, so that also probably contributed to Robin not doing as much to Leo as he should be. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I think I'll put my next stockpile of feathers towards upgrading Anna to 5*. I don't have any use planned for her, especially since I don't expect to get enough feathers until after she stops being a bonus character, but I want to collect as many ultimate weapons as possible and she's one I can't get a 5* of otherwise.

I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of dumping a bunch more feathers into Alfonse because I don't really care about him, but once I have the other two at 5*, I'm sure completing the group will be incentive enough.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hm, that's strange. Have you considered running a dancer in the arena? I don't think Robin4 has the speed to double Leo (Leo won't do much damage to him however), but with an application of Olivia he can just go again. You do need to keep her out of the way if she's low-levelled, though, but generally isn't too hard esp given Fred is 3 mov and fairly easy to position. 

I personally find that I do best when I run dancer as opposed to 4 combat units--and I have a lot of really strong combat units. I also gave my team positioning skills to further synergise with dance--Nino already has Draw Back, and I gave Ryoma Swap (to switch places with Nino to tank the thing behind the thing Nino just killed and Olivia can get Nino out of the way) and Reinhardt Reposition so he can fling my units to whereever. Sully also came with Draw Back when I ran her last season, so that was where I got the idea to put positioning skills on everyone, actually.

I find the flexibility very valuable to have.

Edited by Thor Odinson

24 minutes ago, immatx said:

@Thor Odinson Yesterday we talked about Ana putting Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker on M Robin

I guess both. Draug has a skill I want to use, but mostly the quests. I think I have palla, I have a Shanna I used to use already at lv40 so that'll help if I decide to go for it.

How hard was the michalis map? I missed it but it seemed like using a flyer to lure the right peg knight while blockading into the right hand corner would be a good funnel, but it didn't sound like that was a strategy anyone used. It would also bring Narcian down quickly for my Roy to clean up. :)

There's a thread here all about it. I only had a very quick toilet break in which to complete hard mode (which was easy with lvl 40 units) but the lunatic mode has some extra buffs. It's mentioned that an archer able to oneshot one peg would be good, but Narcian luring another away can be a good alternative. It has the map and enemy stats in that thread, though :)

One of the pegs has drag back so if it's not killed straight away, it takes your unit straight to Michalis...

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I think I'll put my next stockpile of feathers towards upgrading Anna to 5*. I don't have any use planned for her, especially since I don't expect to get enough feathers until after she stops being a bonus character, but I want to collect as many ultimate weapons as possible and she's one I can't get a 5* of otherwise.

I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of dumping a bunch more feathers into Alfonse because I don't really care about him, but once I have the other two at 5*, I'm sure completing the group will be incentive enough.

Same :D I don't anticipate using Anna or Alfonse (Sharena is a staple though) even after 5*ing them, but I just really want to get the main trio up to 5* eventually. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I forget if you've mentioned it before, but is your Robin 5*? Because if not, that's likely why he isn't wrecking Leo as hard as he would be. If/when you upgrade him, he'll be quite a bit better (obviously if you did already upgrade him, just disregard this). 

EDIT: Also you mentioned an Azura in that match. Azura gives a +Res buff to allies around her, so that also probably contributed to Robin not doing as much to Leo as he should be. 

No, he isn't. Remember, I said I was considering making him my next 5 star upgrade instead of Sharena. But Azura buffing res does explain a lot.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

Hm, that's strange. Have you considered running a dancer in the arena? I don't think Robin4 has the speed to double Leo (Leo won't do much damage to him however), but with an application of Olivia he can just go again. You do need to keep her out of the way if she's low-levelled, though, but generally isn't too hard esp given Fred is 3 mov and fairly easy to position. 

I personally find that I do best when I run dancer as opposed to 4 combat units--and I have a lot of really strong combat units. I also gave my team positioning skills to further synergise with dance--Nino already has Draw Back, and I gave Ryoma Swap (to switch places with Nino to tank the thing behind the thing Nino just killed and Olivia can get Nino out of the way) and Reinhardt Reposition so he can fling my units to whereever. I find the flexibility very valuable to have.

I don't have a reliable dancer though. I've tried using Olivia and she just gets killed by mages if I keep her behind my other units.

I just awoke to these Lunatic quest... I was actually saving Lunatic until Anna, Sharena and Alfonse have the lv for them... But since Alfonse is more hard to train... Well, is up to Sharena, Anna and Jeorge then.

I see a lot of Leo talk here, but mine get easy beated by a Robin, like Leo hardly do a scratch to one... Probably mine doesn't have a good "IV"?? I wanted to give him some skills, but I don't know which ones.

Edited by SniperGYS

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, he isn't. Remember, I said I was considering making him my next 5 star upgrade instead of Sharena. But Azura buffing res does explain a lot.

I don't have a reliable dancer though. I've tried using Olivia and she just gets killed by mages if I keep her behind my other units.

I would probably recommend making Robin your 5* as well. Sharena is good and solid, but Robin covers your team's needs better than her. 

Is your olivia 3 and not lv 40? lv 40 olivia should have more durability even at 3*--Mine's 4* but occasionally I'd have her eat a hit if that's gonna get the team out alive--though I do think she's a bit of a pain in the ass to train up. That's why I also mentioned the positioning skills, though.

For example, hypothetically, I have Ephraim coming up to my team, with Lucina right behind him. I move Nino up to delete Ephraim, but Lucina might eat her now. There might be a Takumi pretty close behind and I don't just want to move Ryoma up in front of Nino because then he'd have to eat a hit from both Lucina and Takumi and that might be bad. Instead, because I got swap on Ryoma, I simply swap Ryoma's place with Nino where he'll only be able to be hit by Lucina. Let's say that Nino is still in range of something and so is Olivia if she dances Nino to get out of the way (idk what this configuration would be off the top of my head, but) , but then Nino can move behind Olivia and drag her out of the way as well. It's very useful.

17 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I would probably recommend making Robin your 5* as well. Sharena is good and solid, but Robin covers your team's needs better than her. 

Is your olivia 3 and not lv 40? lv 40 olivia should have more durability even at 3*--Mine's 4* but occasionally I'd have her eat a hit if that's gonna get the team out alive--though I do think she's a bit of a pain in the ass to train up. That's why I also mentioned the positioning skills, though.

For example, hypothetically, I have Ephraim coming up to my team, with Lucina right behind him. I move Nino up to delete Ephraim, but Lucina might eat her now. There might be a Takumi pretty close behind and I don't just want to move Ryoma up in front of Nino because then he'd have to eat a hit from both Lucina and Takumi and that might be bad. Instead, because I got swap on Ryoma, I simply swap Ryoma's place with Nino where he'll only be able to be hit by Lucina. Let's say that Nino is still in range of something and so is Olivia if she dances Nino to get out of the way (idk what this configuration would be off the top of my head, but) , but then Nino can move behind Olivia and drag her out of the way as well. It's very useful.

No, my Olivia is 4 star and lv. 22. I don't really know much about positioning, honestly... I wish I had Ephraim and Ryoma... Instead my first 5 star pull had to be an Eirika with the worst boon and bane. I ditched her for her skills of course.

At least I'm making decent progress on the lunatic March quests. I can beat the tenth stratum!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm conflicted. My Caeda has built up a ton of SP beyond her base skills and I want to give her some offensive special to boost her damage for the last few flier missions, and my main option is Chilling Wind from my second Felicia which would be perfect for her but my only dagger users are my two Felicias and two Matthews and I want to stay ready in case some sort of "use four dagger units" quest pops up before I get another one.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm conflicted. My Caeda has built up a ton of SP beyond her base skills and I want to give her some offensive special to boost her damage for the last few flier missions, and my main option is Chilling Wind from my second Felicia which would be perfect for her but my only dagger users are my two Felicias and two Matthews and I want to stay ready in case some sort of "use four dagger units" quest pops up before I get another one.

Felicia is not the only one with the skill. Fir and Klein have Chilling Wind → Glacies while Niles and shanna have Chilling Wind → Iceberg.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Has anyone finished the new Lunatic quests already? I have. Still working on the 10th Stratum Fliers quest though...

Good luck. The Armor was a sadist's work of art (with 2X Draug, Gwen, and Sheena).

OTOH, I actually beat 9-5 without Light's Blessing nor suffered any death with my vanilla Cavalry team. I guess we're really Horse Emblem.