Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The next Hall of Forms has been officially announced with Summer Fjorm, Legendary Gunnthra, Legendary Hrid, and Summer Ylgr.

We're finally getting a new Grail unit in Hall of Forms for me to use a Forma Soul on. Yay. This also means I get another chance to spark Summer Fjorm.

This set of units is particularly weird. Summer Fjorm is recent enough that her base kit is already optimal with only side-grades available due to her exclusive skills being very good, but very picky with what synergizes with them. Gunnthra's stat spread is pretty awful, and she's in a class that has a pretty limited pool of skills to choose from. Hrid is an Atk/Def cavalry unit where all of the good skill series are still stuck without tier-4 versions. Summer Ylgr has a stat spread that is just barely usable, but she can lean heavily into her class giving her access to Arcane Thrima and Axe of Devotion along with all of the human melee infantry B skills.

For reference, this month added skills through Emblem Ike to the Hall of Forms skill pool. The list of notable skills is somewhere above.

Summer Fjorm:

Spoiler

Fjorm is really weird for Hall of Forms because she already has all of the skills she wants.

The only skills I'd even consider giving her would probably just be these:

Summer Fjorm [+Spd]
[Weapon]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes
Distant Bonus Doubler
Laguz Friend 4
Atk/Spd Pledge / Def/Res Pledge

You're probably not going to swap out Frostbite Mirror for Godlike Reflexes, but the other skills are all actually viable side-grades for her base kit.

Gunnthra:

Spoiler

I have no idea what to do about Gunnthra's stat spread. She's a unit old enough that she's behind modern units of her class by 8 stat points when all units are compared with maximum Dragonflowers, which is to say that she deserves a Resplendent outfit to make up for it. But even then, the Resplendent stat boost wouldn't fix her stat spread.

Gunnthra [+Spd / +Atk]
Teacake Tower+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Flared Sparrow / Remote Sparrow
S/R Far Trace 4 / Occultist's Strike / Seal Spd/Res 3
Incite Atk/Spd

She clearly needs Blizzard's refine effects to make up for her relatively flat stat distribution, but her Res is too low to run Sabotage/Ploy, which means she either needs to keep her default Chilling Seal or rely on an ally for debuffs.

Hrid:

Spoiler

Hrid at least has a stat spread that has some sense of direction. While he wants opponents to be debuffed to activate Gjoll's effects, there are much easier ways to do that now than running his Freezing Seal, so there's much less compelling you to keep it. On the other hand, there really aren't many good tier-4 skills to replace it with yet.

Hrid [+Atk / +Def]
Farmer's Tool+ [Def]
[Assist]
No Quarter / Ruptured Sky
Atk/Def Prime 4 / Atk/Def Clash 4 / Distant D/R Solo
Atk/Def Snag 4 / Assassin's Strike
Alarm Atk/Def / Incite Atk/Res

Unfortunately, we're still missing the Atk/Def versions of Flared, Near Trace 4, Ruse 4, and Incite, which is rather troublesome.

It's also worth noting that because Gjoll doesn't have the Slaying effect, he can't reliably activate No Quarter. However, No Quarter is significantly harder to get than Ruptured Sky, so I'd still recommend getting it even if you're planning to run Ruptured Sky on him.

It feels really weird actually recommending Atk/Def Snag 4 and a future Atk/Def Ruse 4.

Summer Ylgr:

Spoiler

Ylgr's stat spread is not great, but it's still better than Gunnthra's, at least at base. Both Arcane Downfall and Arcane Thrima are also really good weapon options for her, and there is also a bunch of good seasonal axes for her to choose from in the skill pool.

Summer Ylgr [+Spd / +Atk / +Def]
Axe of Devotion+ [Spd / Def] / Wind Tribe Club+ [Spd / Def]
[Assist]
No Quarter / Ruptured Sky / Godlike Reflexes
Finish 4 / Prime 4 / Boost 4 / Distant Bonus Doubler
Potent 4 / Laguz Friend 4 / Spurn 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Tempo 4 / Atk/Spd Bulwark 4 / Buffer 4
Pledge / Oath 4 / Incite

I've dropped stat indicators for her passive stats for clarity, but she can viably run either Atk/Spd (Spd/Def for debuffs) or Atk/Def versions where they exist.

Axe of Devotion is probably her best non-Arcane weapon option, but Wind Tribe Club makes it significantly easier for her to activate Prime if you're going with that build. Between the two Arcane options, Thrima is certainly the better weapon, as it comes with Tempo, Null Follow-Up, and Sabotage, but Downfall does let you move Pledge and passive healing to the weapon slot in case you want to run different skills in the A or C slots or want to stack passive healing for whatever reason.

If built for Spd with maximum (or close to maximum) Dragonflowers, Ylgr has a Spd stat that makes her very well suited for running Potent 4. She's fast enough to still activate the skill against almost everything, but not fast enough to get natural follow-ups with the standard threshold against actually fast units.

I don't think she's fast enough to run Godlike Reflexes in more competitive game modes, but it's an option for PvE. You'll want to run a Dodge 4 skill with it, though, for the Phantom Spd effect just to help out with the comparison against some of the newer units that show up in PvE.

Phys. Null Follow and Tempo 4 are listed in case you aren't getting their effects from other slots (namely from Arcane Thrima) and still want them.

As usual, feel free to let me know if I forgot a skill.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Summer Fjorm:

Hide contents

Fjorm is really weird for Hall of Forms because she already has all of the skills she wants.

The only skills I'd even consider giving her would probably just be these:

Summer Fjorm [+Spd]
[Weapon]
[Assist]
Godlike Reflexes
Distant Bonus Doubler
Laguz Friend 4
Atk/Spd Pledge / Def/Res Pledge

You're probably not going to swap out Frostbite Mirror for Godlike Reflexes, but the other skills are all actually viable side-grades for her base kit.

Hmm. I'm planning on going for her just to have her in my barracks, but I'm a bit confused by some of the choices. I get Godlike Reflexes and Laguz Friend, but if you're not using Godlike Reflexes, how likely are you to want Bonus Doubler and Pledge? Both of them seem a bit redundant with Frostbite Mirror.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. I'm planning on going for her just to have her in my barracks, but I'm a bit confused by some of the choices. I get Godlike Reflexes and Laguz Friend, but if you're not using Godlike Reflexes, how likely are you to want Bonus Doubler and Pledge? Both of them seem a bit redundant with Frostbite Mirror.

Pledge is an alternative to Time's Pulse 4 because Fjorm has Null C-Disrupt on her weapon if the opponent is ranged and can therefore almost always counterattack to recharge Frostbite Mirror. The only things that stop her from recharging Frostbite Mirror on enemy phase would be Guard, Sweep from a melee unit, and being doubled. Pledge lets you get around Guard as long as the opponent doesn't also have Tempo.

Distant Bonus Doubler is basically only there for the cases where you want to switch to Godlike Reflexes instead of Frostbite Mirror, as it's currently the most efficient source of Distant Counter. I suppose you could also run Atk/Spd Prime 4 there to get more Atk/Spd in exchange for less Def/Res.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pledge is an alternative to Time's Pulse 4 because Fjorm has Null C-Disrupt on her weapon if the opponent is ranged and can therefore almost always counterattack to recharge Frostbite Mirror. The only things that stop her from recharging Frostbite Mirror on enemy phase would be Guard, Sweep from a melee unit, and being doubled. Pledge lets you get around Guard as long as the opponent doesn't also have Tempo.

Distant Bonus Doubler is basically only there for the cases where you want to switch to Godlike Reflexes instead of Frostbite Mirror, as it's currently the most efficient source of Distant Counter. I suppose you could also run Atk/Spd Prime 4 there to get more Atk/Spd in exchange for less Def/Res.

Hmm. Could there be benefit in Spd Smoke 4 in the C slot, for extra damage reduction when active?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Could there be benefit in Spd Smoke 4 in the C slot, for extra damage reduction when active?

You can, but it's not as efficient of a skill to get from Hall of Forms since it's available from 3 units in the standard summoning pool.

With the Hall of Forms's summoning event, we now know when Gunnthra and Hrid are returning.

Hrid will be back in August. That means Seliph is pretty much confirmed for August's HoF, unless he gets Fjormed (get rescheduled close to the event's date).

Gunnthra will be back in September, with Thrasir so far. Eitri should be moved to remixes and be on the banners as well, maybe even get her remix in September.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't normally say this about game modes, but...yeah, I think it's time to retire Tap Battle.

They've stopped making new ones since 2021.....and that one just had one stage. It was the one that tied in with the Book V April Fool's video.

Yet for some reason, IS still insists on occasionally re-running the old Tap Battles. They either need to start making new Tap Battles (tracks from Three Hopes and Engage obviously haven't been used in a Tap Battle) or just bury it for good already.