Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

They also added more paths than we've ever had. But will they increase the number of codes we get to go along with it?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

They also added more paths than we've ever had. But will they increase the number of codes we get to go along with it?

Eh? It's still six lots of five heroes, which is the same as ever.

Haven't looked too closely at what's available but I do see a cheap Rein Snap.

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Eh? It's still six lots of five heroes, which is the same as ever.

Haven't looked too closely at what's available but I do see a cheap Rein Snap.

The first round of manuals had 5 paths and 2-4 have 4 paths.

Or I'm going insane.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Wild.

Amusingly, I think the only major disappointment I have with the lineup is that New Year Nerthuz isn't on it for Atk/Spd Wild.

Notable skills for inheritance:

• Fodlan/Engage
    • Halloween Seadall
      • Atk/Res Finish 3
      • Inf. Null Follow 3
    • Celine
      • Canto Control 3
    • Summer Ivy
      • Still Water 4
      • Sabotage A/R 3
      • Soaring Guidance
    • Winter Dimitri
      • No Quarter
      • Atk/Spd Prime 4
    • Rearmed Ingrid
      • Arcane Luin
      • Guard Bearing 4
      • Spd/Def Hold
  • Awakening/Fates
    • Valentine Hana
      • Special Fighter 3
    • Bride Say'ri
      • Life and Death 4
      • S/D Rein Snap
    • Severa
      • Godlike Reflexes
      • Atk/Spd Finish 4
      • Buffer 4
    • Brave Corrin
      • Armored Floe
      • Counter Roar 4
      • A/S Far Save 3
    • Rearmed Lucina
      • Arcane Thrima
      • Atk/Spd Clash 4
      • Spd/Def Snag 4
      • Alarm Def/Res
  • Heroes/Tellius
    • Thief Sothe
      • Atk/Def Rein 3
    • Ninja Heather
      • Remote Sparrow
    • Winter Black Knight
      • Distant Dart
      • Special Fighter 4
      • D/R Far Save 3
    • Brave Soren
      • Flare
      • Mag. Null Follow
      • Time's Pulse 4
    • Ginnungagap
      • Arcane Void
      • Lethality
      • Fireflood Boost 3
      • Fatal Smoke 4
  • GBA
    • Young Rebecca
      • Atk/Spd Finish 3
      • Null Follow-Up 3
    • Desert Juno
      • Guard Bearing 4
      • Atk/Def Oath 4
    • Ascended Fir
      • Atk/Spd Finish 4
      • Phys. Null Follow
      • Atk/Spd Oath 4
    • Young Hector
      • Armored Beacon
      • Vengeful Fighter 4
      • D/R Far Save 3
    • Rearmed Tana
      • Arcane Nastrond
      • Deadeye
      • Atk/Spd Unity
      • Guidance 4
  • Jugdral
    • Arthur
      • Atk/Spd Ideal 4
      • Spd/Res Menace
    • Teatime Sigurd
      • Remote Sturdy
    • Ascended Sety
      • Atk/Spd Ideal 4
      • Special Spiral 4
      • Infantry Pulse 4
    • Tina
      • Nudge+
      • Holy Pressure
      • Atk/Spd Ideal 4
      • Wrathful Tempo
      • Infantry Pulse 4
    • Rearmed Reinhardt
      • Arcane Thunder
      • S/R Far Trace 4
      • Def/Res Smoke 3
  • Heroes/Akaneia/Echoes
    • Wind Catria
      • Whitewind Bow+
      • Atk/Spd Catch 3
      • S/D Far Trace 3
    • Spring Triandra
      • Firestorm Dance 3
      • Def/Res Hold
    • New Year Kvasir
      • Flash Sparrow
      • Lull Spd/Res 4
      • Inf. Null Follow 4
    • Fallen Maria
      • Nudge+
      • Holy Panic
      • Atk/Spd Unity
      • Poetic Justice
      • Even Recovery 3
    • Rearmed Sonya
      • Arcane Caliburnus
      • Escape Route 4
      • Atk/Res Ploy 4

ti6fzu0pbnlc1.png

Not going to kid myself by thinking I'll actually get anyone due to a combination of decision paralysis and the fact I probably won't be around for much of the coming year. But in theory, it's probably SNES makes most sense to me, despite the somewhat one-dimensional nature of grabbing three lots of Atk/Spd Ideal. It is interesting that Arthur is the only first-tier unit that comes with fourth-tier skills though.

The stinger here I suppose is that unlike previous years, the presence of Rearmed heroes means it's almost obligatory to grab full lines instead of just sampling a bit from each one. A full time player probably can grab four full lines with sufficiently dedicated play?

(Some important context to my valuations below is that of the Rearmed heroes here, I only have one Ingrid and two Sonyas)

Set 1: Feels like a nothing start, then Ivy and Dimitri as the big selling points. Ingrid is Arcane Luin but needs to be given some worthwhile skills to pass on, which means getting another Ingrid first. Fortunately I do have one, it'd be very awkward otherwise.

Set 2: Doesn't do much for me at all besides Soren. Bleh.

Set 3: As discussed. Sigurd is a bit awkward to do anything meaningful with but otherwise pretty clear utility for each unit.

Set 4: As per my first impression, that Rein Snap at 800 is nice. Selena requires bridge fodder that doesn't exist yet so it's hard to value until it does. Then armour, which I don't care about.

Set 5: Interesting as Rebecca exists as if purely to set up the inheritance chain for Fir. Then armour, as above. But Tana is easier to use than Lucina I guess?

Set 6: Quintuple inheritance is so cruel in terms of using Catria to begin with, Triandra is filler. Next two are good, then Sonya which while questionable as a standalone source, has good potential for me as I have two existing copies.

So bearing in mind this is purely theoretical, my four sets would be 1, 3, 6, and one of 4 or 5 depending on how bridge availability develops.

The paths are all great. It's kinda hard to decide which one begin first. I may go with the Heroes/Radiance path first up to the 2nd manual, since I would like Ruse 4 for my Heidr. Then after I will see what I want to do.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It is interesting that Arthur is the only first-tier unit that comes with fourth-tier skills though.

As it turns out, that would be a product of IS's refusal to use Jugdral with any sort of consistency on Special Heroes banners.

The most recent seasonal 4 star focus unit from Jugdral was Scion Lewyn in 2021......who was already used in the third set of Divine Code paths. They also had to use a 5 star (Scion Julia) to start the Jugdral path in the fourth set of Divine Codes.

For me I think I will go, FEH/Tellius, Jugdral, Awakening/Fates and FEH/Mystery/SOV since I don't have any of those arcane weapons.  I am going to spark for Alcryst on his rerun so I won't need Tana.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

As it turns out, that would be a product of IS's refusal to use Jugdral with any sort of consistency on Special Heroes banners.

The most recent seasonal 4 star focus unit from Jugdral was Scion Lewyn in 2021......who was already used in the third set of Divine Code paths. They also had to use a 5 star (Scion Julia) to start the Jugdral path in the fourth set of Divine Codes.

Huh, so as a result the Jugdral path has had the only 5* first-tier for two years in a row.

The third set also had just one, but that was Berkut for Archanea+Valentia. Oddly, they did have at least one qualifying unit in the form of Halloween Xane - but I guess that would have left them without a Valentia character?

I hope the next "new unit type" is combining one or more existing special unit types like Rearmed and Attuned with Ascended Heroes. We already have more than we need, it's so silly that the number keeps increasing.

Edited by Othin

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I hope the next "new unit type" is combining one or more existing special unit types like Rearmed and Attuned with Ascended Heroes. We already have more than we need, it's so silly that the number keeps increasing.

Considering they dropped Emblem Marth like three (???) months after they introduced Attuned units, I'm really hoping we don't see another new unit type for at least 15 months.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering they dropped Emblem Marth like three (???) months after they introduced Attuned units, I'm really hoping we don't see another new unit type for at least 15 months.

Yeah, that was quite a surprise. I don't know whether to expect that to count for this book or not.

Dancer see food, dancer eat food.

40mpu4H.png

Not the first time I've run Speedigan, but I imagine current technology makes it slightly less of a meme than before.

Edited by Some Jerk

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know when the AHR Banner is supposed to drop? I've been sitting around waiting but I'm scrolling through the news and I don't exactly know where to look if that information is available.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know when the AHR Banner is supposed to drop? I've been sitting around waiting but I'm scrolling through the news and I don't exactly know where to look if that information is available.

The Voting Gauntlet announcement says it'll be the second half of March. (I'm reading the Japanese announcement, so I don't know how it's worded in the English one.)

I don't think we've gotten any other announcements with a more precise date.

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know when the AHR Banner is supposed to drop?

Last year's started on the 22nd, if that's any indication.

New update, new skills added to Hall of Forms.

This month, we get skills through Mythic Lumera and Emblem Marth.

The most notable skills being added this month include:

• Nabata Lance+
  • Nabata Beacon+
  • S/R Far Trace 4
  • Atk/Def Bulwark 4
  • Potent 4
  • Pulse Up: Blades
  • Atk/Def Oath 4

Which means if you want to try to run Potent 4 on Dancer Eldigan, now you can. Not sure I'd recommend it over, say, Aerial Maneuvers, but it's certainly an option.

After getting denied victory twice by vote botting, the lineup of S!Lorenz, S!Ingrid, S!Sylvain and S!Dorothea will finally get its Hall of Forms rerun this May.

If nothing else, at least we’ll get this underwhelming lineup over with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just about time for another round of "Guess the Resplendent". Now that we're done speed-running the CYL 2 winners, there isn't much of a pattern. To me it feels like Maria, Catria, Cherche, and Camilla are all decent guesses for 3/4☆ units, since they've all gotten alts within the last year or so, or Laslow since we got Inigo last year. Linus and Michalis got an alt last year, they could be candidates if they go the GH route, or for 5☆ units we could see--dare I hope--Ayra.

Just to continue the joke from Kagetsu’s Forging Bonds, I’ll guess we’re getting either Navarre or Lewyn as the next Resplendent.

I suppose Seteth could also be option, but I really can’t see him being the first Three Houses Resplendent.