Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, because Three Houses / Hopes needs that extra bit of yearly content. 

Oh and speaking of that, Tina happens to have F!Shez's Japanese voice actress (Miyu Tomita). So, M!Shez might not even get the Fallen alt over F!Shez.

Don't know anything about Hopes' lore, but I imagine that if they make fallen f!Shez, they'll also have fallen m!Shez as well. That's the pattern they've followed for Robin and Corrin, and I'd be shocked if m!Byleth doesn't get a fallen alt this year.

Because the male avatars are still popular enough to make them money.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't know anything about Hopes' lore, but I imagine that if they make fallen f!Shez, they'll also have fallen m!Shez as well. That's the pattern they've followed for Robin and Corrin, and I'd be shocked if m!Byleth doesn't get a fallen alt this year.

Because the male avatars are still popular enough to make them money.

If you care to know what the basis of Fallen Shez would be, from what I understand [Three Hopes SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Shez also gets possessed by the voice in their head, though it technically isn't Arval that does it. It's some Agarthan scientist who created Arval and stored their soul within Arval.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

So with Thracia making its return, it looks like Engage/SD/Fates will probably be the Feb-Apr banners, usual Fallen in May, maybe Tellius/Sacred in Jun-Jul, CYL8 in August, and then probably Engage/3H/Binding for Sep-Nov to finish Book 8. With the main rotation stretching out to about a year and a half at this point, Genealogy/Echoes/Blazing will probably skip Book 8 and next show up in Book 9.

Do we even still need a yearly Fallen banner at this point?

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking for banners this year. And I don't think we need all these Fallen banners, but IS seems to disagree. Personally, it's never been a favorite banner for me, not even when it first started.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you care to know what the basis of Fallen Shez would be, from what I understand [Three Hopes SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

Shez also gets possessed by the voice in their head, though it technically isn't Arval that does it. It's some Agarthan scientist who created Arval and stored their soul within Arval.

Spoiler

Epimenides could be a candidate him(it?)self. Though knowing Heroes the character would still be called Arval.

The next Resplendent Hero is Askr Brave Veronica:

chara_img_00001005000282_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001005000282_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001005000282_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001005000282_04.png

The art is very pretty, but I already had a hard time identifying Brave Veronica as Veronica due to her different hairstyle (this is the only version of her where the hair on the sides of her face are pulled back instead of falling in front), and this art makes it even harder for me to recognize her.

Her non-damaged arts are drawn at an angle that makes it seem like she's totally looking down on you.

That said, it makes her facial expressions look a little ... squished ... in the attacking and special art.

Just summoned both Ingo and Laslow in the same session and I've just noticed... Inigo is left handed and Laslow is right handed XD Need a bit more continuity checking there guys. Maybe Nohr has strict left handed discrimination laws.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Just summoned both Ingo and Laslow in the same session and I've just noticed... Inigo is left handed and Laslow is right handed XD Need a bit more continuity checking there guys. Maybe Nohr has strict left handed discrimination laws.

I think it’s more that they need to keep their sprites and art consistent with each other because Inigo is definitely holding his sword right handed in the art.

A long time ago, I thought Veronica might be the first 5-star exclusive unit I end up getting to +10. She turned up the very first week after the weekly Arena freebie pull was introduced. But she hasn't shown up since despite my prioritising grey orbs. Just as well that the Resplendent art isn't as good as the original then.

We got the silhouettes for this month's Special Heroes banner. It's going to be another desert banner, and the silhouette on the right is very clearly Hawkeye. On the left, it's hard to tell because it's in motion like the Attack or Damaged art, but there's a bundle of hair swooping in an upwards U (from the motion, clearly not in a perpetual U) that's tied twice, and Altina (from Tellius) is the only character I can think of who has that hairstyle.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We got the silhouettes for this month's Special Heroes banner. It's going to be another desert banner, and the silhouette on the right is very clearly Hawkeye. On the left, it's hard to tell because it's in motion like the Attack or Damaged art, but there's a bundle of hair swooping in an upwards U (from the motion, clearly not in a perpetual U) that's tied twice, and Altina (from Tellius) is the only character I can think of who has that hairstyle.

Hmm.

On the one hand, if we get freaking Altina again I will be super unhappy.

On the other hand, I'm not planning on pulling on this banner, so it works out in my favor anyway.

Altina happens to have the same English voice actress as Igrene (Krizia Bajos), by the way. 

Igrene, meanwhile, is almost certainly leading the Harmonized Hero. We already know that this next Harmonized Hero should be led by a Binding Blade character so if Igrene isn't the lead, then the lead is likely one of Sophia, Fae or Idunn instead.

Hawkeye was one of my very first 5-stars, back when I didn't understand the concept of banners. Even in 2017 he did pretty much nothing for me compared to the better 4-stars, so it's time for redemption.

33 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, if we really are getting Altina, I think it's pretty absurd that she's coming again while characters like Nephenee and Jill have gotten bupkis. Is Altina really that popular and in-demand?

To quote Clanne ''Its hard to cheer on someone who hasn't...you know...earned it''

That Altina got into the game was really cool but there's nothing about her that justify one alt, let alone two. Sure she's a pretty ''middle aged'' woman with a decent bust but she's hardly the only pretty woman with a decent bust. The only reason that can explain her presence is that one of the devs really likes her and shoves her in over all the other character and that's just....kinda sad. 

The likes of Camilla, Lyn or Lucina being on seasonal after Seasonal might be a bit annoying but at least there are reasons why they would be on so many banners. Altina lacks those reasons. Even the obvious whale baiting reason doesn't suffice because there are tons of other options for that. 

There's also hardly a thematic reason for her to be on an Arcadia banner. Her friendship with Dheginsea just decreases the reasons to be there since to her a dragon village should be really normal. I guess if it was Stefan's village she might have had a reason for being there. 

For what it's worth, Mythic Altina did win AHR. While there might be some measure of dev bias involved, Altina likely sells very well, which would contribute to her repeated appearances. We know mythic was a highly-desired hero in her day, Winter Altina was a pretty strong harmonic hero, and summer Edelgard was a very strong unit paired with a house leader. The third case was less about Altina, but if a hero consistently sells well above their weight class, they will be repeated. 

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, if we really are getting Altina, I think it's pretty absurd that she's coming again while characters like Nephenee and Jill have gotten bupkis. Is Altina really that popular and in-demand?

Altina placed at 85th in CYL7, which puts her ahead of Jill (187th) but not Nephenee (43rd).

As a fan of Nephenee, I’m just used to IS ignoring her. Though, I suppose is it kinda wild that Nephenee has gotten so little when she shares her JP voice actress with Lyn.

I just kind of assume at this point that Micaiah bias and Sanaki bias also apparently extends to their barely-a-character-in-her-own-games ancestor. But not to their other is-actually-the-reason-this-game-exists-and-is-alive ancestor, because male.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just kind of assume at this point that Micaiah bias and Sanaki bias also apparently extends to their barely-a-character-in-her-own-games ancestor. But not to their other is-actually-the-reason-this-game-exists-and-is-alive ancestor, because male.

Blame people for not voting for Sephiran or Lehran in CYL, then.

The highest Sephiran has ever gotten was 114th in CYL4. Then he got that Winter alt in December 2020, and he hasn't come anywhere close to that place since. Sephiran only got 296th in CYL7, while Lehran (who is a separate option) got 224th.

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

OR, and stop me if I sound crazy, a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes players have never played any of the other Fire Emblem games (or at least just the ones that came out after they got addicted to Heroes, so like Three Houses and Engage).

If you were in that situation, and knew nothing about ANY of the characters but still loved playing this mobile game for other reasons (maybe you really like the gameplay idk) and so had to base your yearly votes around the designs of characters + what little personality you can deduce from the quotes, which character would you have most likely considered cooler and more striking?

Perhaps the lady with abs that dual-wields freaking greatswords, and was also gifted to every player so you are 100% guaranteed to have her?

Just throwing some possible explanations out.

So, the Three Houses HoF lineup (underwhelming as it is) was once again denied victory due to vote botting. It's actually incredible that IS is apparently fine with letting this bullshit continue

Anyways, "popular demand" has determined that the Genealogy lineup (Fallen Julia, Ballroom Eldigan, Ballroom Lachesis, Ballroom Ethlyn) will be the HoF re-run in March. I'm pretty sure the Thracia lineup (to shock of basically no one) will not be returning in the next HoF re-run "poll".

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, the Three Houses HoF lineup (underwhelming as it is) was once again denied victory due to vote botting. It's actually incredible that IS is apparently fine with letting this bullshit continue

People aren't complaining hard enough about the botting, maybe.

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Anyways, "popular demand" has determined that the Genealogy lineup (Fallen Julia, Ballroom Eldigan, Ballroom Lachesis, Ballroom Ethlyn) will be the HoF re-run in March. I'm pretty sure the Thracia lineup (to shock of basically no one) will not be returning in the next HoF re-run "poll".

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

People aren't complaining hard enough about the botting, maybe.

Where are these polls even held? I never vote on them.