Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

About the TT+ story going on with Peony and the fairies, the next New Heroes Banner, etc.:

I'm gonna predict that Mirabilis is getting skipped in the alt category. We're gonna get either Blazing Blade or Awakening to accompany this new Feh OC and her Arcane Dagger.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Final map of Nihility & Dream 5 and the next new FEH OC [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/17oyfn2/begins_november_7_2023_utc_nihility_dream_5_tt/

We will have the first Arcane Dagger on this month’s New Heroes banner.

At this point, there is no sign of a Mirabilis alt but there is still one part of this story to go.

About that...

Spoiler

Unless they surprise us with a Mirabilis alt alongside Ginnungagap in the New Heroes banner this month (which is possible), I don't think she will be getting anything in the last TT chapter.

The part 6 of the story goes alongside the Christmas heroes, and the new heroes banner of that month is a new Book banner, with the new Book protagonist. So there is no space for Mirabilis in December. It's pretty much now or never.

Looks like the new status effect inflicted by Ruse 4 has a bug.

According to how [Schism] works, if you nullifies this status effect with a skill like Restore+, Recovery C skill or others sources of skills that nullifies any penalties from allies, the Triangle Attack, Dual Strike and Pathfinder will also be neutralized. Even if you end your turn those effects disappear alongside the Schism.

But looks like it is not how it work is Odd Recovery and Even Recovery. Recovery C skills are able to nullify Schism, allowing units to use the Triangle Attack, Dual Strike and Pathfinder effects. It's not the case with others skills like Restore+ or Valentine Alm's Duo Skill. Only Recovery skills.

Well, we're getting the announcement of the third-to-last Resplendent Hero of 2023 at the next reset. Since we're running out of chances to get a Valentian Resplendent this year, here's the list of Valentian characters (in chronological order, up to Kliff) without a Resplendent:

Spoiler

Clair: 196th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: Legendary F!Alear (Aug 2023)

Mae: 151st in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Mae (May 2017)

Boey: 320th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Boey (May 2017)

Genny: 215th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: Picnic Genny (Apr 2019)

Tobin: 305th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Tobin (Jul 2017)

Gray: 319th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Gray (Jul 2017)

Mathilda: 330th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Mathilda (Jul 2017)

Leon: 316th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Leon (Jul 2017)

Berkut: 47th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: Day of Devotion Alfonse (Feb 2021)

Clive: 366th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: ....base Clive (Aug 2017)

Fallen Celica: 1st Place Female in CYL2
   JP VA last voiced: Ascended Celica (Jul 2021)

CYL Celica: 1st Place Female in CYL2
   JP VA last voiced: Ascended Celica (Jul 2021)

Kliff: 197th in CYL7
   JP VA last voiced: Hatari Nailah (Jan 2022)

Gee, notice a trend with the JP voice actors for most of these characters?

Anyways since we're definitely not getting a Valentian Resplendent on Nov 25th, I'll instead hope for Marisa since she has the same JP voice actress as Sanaki. Also, it's incredibly ridiculous that Marisa still only has one alt (a seasonal, Prf-less lance flier from 2019) to her name.

29 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

In terms of who needs an art upgrade most from Valentia ...give me Resplendent Ascended Celica. 😛

The eyes in the neutral art is the only egregious thing wrong with that art.

Meanwhile, Clair looks genuinely hideous and Mae looks like a 10 year old.

Resplendent Mae, Clair, and Boey would all be nice.

I also have absolutely no idea who I think the next person to actually get a Resplendent would be. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say they finally fix Lloyd 😛

Welp, Resplendent Azama.

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/00002007000091/

That’s now five Fates Resplendents this year, and yet Camilla still doesn’t have one. I don’t know if that fact is more or less ridiculous than Valentia’s Resplendent drought.

The Nidavellir drought, however, is finally over at least. 

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Welp, Resplendent Azama.

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/00002007000091/

That’s now five Fates Resplendents this year, and yet Camilla still doesn’t have one. I don’t know if that fact is more or less ridiculous than Valentia’s Resplendent drought.

The Nidavellir drought, however, is finally over at least. 

Nidavellir Azama is such a random choice.

Resplended Azama was apparently so disappointing, Chrome crashed and pretended to recover some three or four times before crashing for real when I tried to post. The outfit is Nidavellir, but I wouldn't have been able to guess without reading the description.

chara_img_00002007000091_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002007000091_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002007000091_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00002007000091_04.png

So not only is Azama literally the most disappointing unit in the game, but they still haven't released a single female Nidavellir outfit (or a male Alfar outfit for that matter).

Okay, maybe Merlinus is more disappointing since Azama can at least use Pain and Incurable.

Sigh... Nothing to say here that can explain my disappointed and disgust about it.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, maybe Merlinus is more disappointing since Azama can at least use Pain and Incurable.

Hey! I disagree!

At least the 5* Merlinus we would get would give us Wings of Mercy 3 and Distant Guard 3 fodder.

Even with extra stats, I would prefer to use any other of the many healers stuck in the 3-4* poll than Azama.

It's worth noting that there's some acting overlap between Azama and some other characters. Namely Gregor, Yen'fay, Rhys, and Hanneman. Given that Manuela was on one of the recent Christmas banners, we could see Hanneman make an appearance. Or, he could soon be getting a regular New Heroes version. Or Gregor or Yen'fay may be getting an alt.

I hadn't noticed that Nidavellir outfits were all male. Perhaps this is their justification in keeping the fairies female-only.

Who were the previous Nidavellir resplendent units anyway? Merric, Sothe, and Jaffar? Am I missing someone?

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's worth noting that there's some acting overlap between Azama and some other characters. Namely Gregor, Yen'fay, Rhys, and Hanneman. Given that Manuela was on one of the recent Christmas banners, we could see Hanneman make an appearance. Or, he could soon be getting a regular New Heroes version. Or Gregor or Yen'fay may be getting an alt.

If Kenji Hamada shows up again, then Hanneman is definitely the most likely option.

Fodlan has been on every Winter banner since 2019 and aside from 2019 (which just had Sothis), Fodlan has always gotten multiple characters (either 2 or 3).

Oh, and since Fodlan got left off the Ninja banner, we might actually go one whole month without Fodlan content. IS wouldn’t dare let such a “drought” extend to two months.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Who were the previous Nidavellir resplendent units anyway? Merric, Sothe, and Jaffar? Am I missing someone?

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's it. Without counting Azama, we only had 3 Nidavellir Resplendents so far. Azama wil be the 4th one.

Brave Ike.

I forgot that Brave Ike got a resplendent ... and existed.

Which is probably not great, considering that I foddered my only Ganglot to him.

Other than Bride Tharja, the units on the Hall of Forms rerun aren't particularly notable, but they've now added all of the skills through Legendary Elincia, which is everything from the Wind Festival banner, Plumeria and Sety banner, and Legendary Elincia.

Notably, this means we now have access to:

• Wind Tribe Club
  • Whitewind Bow
  • Atk/Spd Prime 4
  • Disarm Trap 4
  • Aerial Maneuvers
  • Def/Res Ploy 4
  • Infantry Pulse 4

Unfortunately, we have almost no one that can actually use most of those, though. Summer Cordelia is the only unit in this line-up that has access to Atk/Spd Prime, but we haven't gotten any good inheritable lances that grant piles of status effects (excluding Saizo, whose weapon isn't available yet, Spring Michalis's Hare's Lance is the only inheritable seasonal lance we've gotten in a year and a half), and none of the units in this line-up have the Res to reliably run Def/Res Ploy. And obviously, we don't have any units of the corresponding weapon/movement types for the two new weapons, Disarm Trap 4, and Aerial Maneuvers.

Hopefully, we get units more suited for some of these skills in the next Hall of Forms.

Tharja is the most worth getting of the units in this Hall of Forms, having decent base stats (41/41 offenses with max Dragonflowers) and an insane weapon (+13/12 offenses with 2 allies within 3 spaces, +15/14 with 3 allies), even if it's all stats and no skill effects.

Cordelia is outclassed, but her stats aren't too far behind, and if you don't normally have access to premium skills, she's probably quite usable if you can get a good build on her. Inigo is pretty outclassed, but at least has access to Arcane Caliburnus if you can spare a Sonya and can get Firestorm Dance 4, though he's one month too early to get Rockslide Dance 4. Nowi is also pretty outclassed, but she's probably still at least somewhat salvageable with a good build since her exclusive weapon is not awful (even if it's a bit outdated).

Build thoughts for everyone:

Bride Tharja:

Spoiler

Bride Tharja [+Spd]
Muspell Fireposy [unique] / Ring of Affiance+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Flare
Remote Sparrow / Flash Sparrow / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Mag. Null Follow / Brash Assault 4 / Spd/Res Tempo 3
Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Infantry Pulse 4 / Time's Pulse 4

Muspell Fireposy is by far her best weapon for general use due to its huge stat boosts. If you already have it refined, you can go for Ring of Affiance, which grants even larger stat boosts, but only if the opponent has stat bonuses.

Tharja doesn't have Special acceleration of any kind on her weapons, so she needs at least one passive skill that grants her either +1 Special charge rate or a Pulse effect in order to land Flare in every round of combat. I recommend Pledge, but Flash Sparrow is also an option. Additionally, she'll want either Remote Sparrow or Brash Assault 4 (or both) for damage reduction.

You can also run her with a standard Arcane Eclipse + Special Spiral build, but if you're doing that, you're getting Special Spiral off of Ophelia anyways, so there's no point in getting it from Hall of Forms.

Summer Cordelia:

Spoiler

Summer Cordelia [+Spd / +Atk]
Piercing Tribute+ [Spd] / Ninja Naginata+
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Prime 4 / Distant A/S Solo / Flared Sparrow
Gambit 4 / Flow Desperation / Wings of Mercy 4
Alarm Atk/Spd

There aren't many good inheritable lances to pick from, so Piercing Tribute and Ninja Naginata are basically the best things we have. If you're planning on using her seriously, you'll want to swap it out for Arcane Qiang or Arcane Luin. I lean towards Arcane Qiang due to its +1 Special charge rate working well with both Gambit 4 and Galeforce (but obviously not both at the same time).

Ruptured Sky is just there because it's hard to get. You'll want to swap it out for Aether once you actually get her to get the most out of Gambit 4.

Atk/Spd Prime 4 isn't particularly useful right now, but it could potentially be good if a new seasonal lance is released that grants 2 or more status effects like the Wind Festival weapons, as you get a third status effect from Alarm and can arrange your team to pick up a third from a teammate. Distant A/S Solo and Flared Sparrow are more immediately useful.

Gambit 4 is easily the best skill for the B slot, but you can alternatively grab Flow Desperation or Wings of Mercy 4 if you want to go for a Galeforce build since Galeforce doesn't work with Gambit 4.

Dancer Inigo:

Spoiler

Dancer Inigo [+Spd]
Teatime Set+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Flare
Remote Sparrow / Flash Sparrow / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Firestorm Dance 4 / Mag. Null Follow / Brash Assault 4 / Spd/Res Tempo 3
Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Infantry Pulse 4 / Time's Pulse 4

Obviously, you don't need Flash Sparrow or Atk/Spd Pledge if you're planning on switching his weapon for Arcane Caliburnus. Otherwise, he has the same considerations for skills as Tharja does.

Halloween Nowi:

Spoiler

Halloween Nowi [+Spd / +Atk]
Grimoire [unique] / Ring of Affiance+ [Spd]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Remote Sparrow / Flared Sparrow
Brash Assault 4 / Desperation 4 / Escape Route 4
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Spd/Res Hold / Guidance 4 / Soaring Guidance

Desperation 4 is only really viable if you're switching to Arcane Eclipse.

Even though Grimoire already has teleportation, Oath 4 is an option because it grants field bonuses and an in-combat bonus that is only 1 point less than Hold. If you already have a reliable source of field bonuses from a teammate (or are running Oath Echo), Spd/Res Hold will always be better.

Let me know if I've overlooked a skill. It's getting harder and harder to remember what's available (but it's a good thing that there are actually options instead of every unit being built the exact same).

Reminder that this HoF Revival had bot assistance to win the previous poll.

If the Harvest Nowi obsessed botter didn't interfere, we would've gotten Three Houses (Summer Lorenz, Summer Ingrid, Summer Sylvain, Summer Dorothea) here instead.