• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Ah yes, IS’s favorite game: the floor is lava Camilla….and Leo….and Sakura….and Felicia….and Xander….and Hinoka….and Soleil….and….

Oh well, at least that’s some pretty good art (as is usually the case for the Jotunheimr Resplendents).

Hana's art style looks very similar to her base art.

But it's also kind of ridiculous that she gets to have two alts and a resplendent before other retainers like Tsubaki and Setsuna who are stuck with literally nothing ever.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

But it's also kind of ridiculous that she gets to have two alts and a resplendent before other retainers like Tsubaki and Setsuna who are stuck with literally nothing ever.

With Subaki, it's at least kinda understandable why he hasn't gotten anything. The highest he has ever ranked in CYL was 155th in CYL1. In all of the CYLs since, Subaki has never made it back into the top 200.

With Setsuna, Beruka and Peri, it's actually ridiculous that those three have all gotten nothing. In CYL8, we had:

• Setsuna (174th) placing one spot higher with one more vote than Ilyana
  • Peri (164th) placing directly behind Kagero with just four less votes
  • Beruka (143rd) placing slightly above Elise (145th) and slightly below Hinoka (140th)
Edited by Tybrosion

They won't do Subaki because QR3 is clearly too premium to hand out at 4-star. They won't do Setsuna because the Brave Bow+ Quadsuna meta is clearly OP.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

With Subaki, it's at least kinda understandable why he hasn't gotten anything. The highest he has ever ranked in CYL was 155th in CYL1. In all of the CYLs since, Subaki has never made it back into the top 200.

With Setsuna, Beruka and Peri, it's actually ridiculous that those three have all gotten nothing. In CYL8, we had:

• Setsuna (174th) placing one spot higher with one more vote than Ilyana
  • Peri (164th) placing directly behind Kagero with just four less votes
  • Beruka (143rd) placing slightly above Elise (145th) and slightly below Hinoka (140th)

Yeah, it's bizarre how none of Setsuna, Beruka, and Peri have ever gotten anything when we have Kagero and Hana sucking up all the resplendent and seasonal alts.

Tsubaki may not be ranked high anymore, but I think he could've totally gotten a throwaway TT+ alt, especially considering that they gave Bartre and Zelot alts. I mean, he wouldn't be the worst scoring dude to get an alt. Also wouldn't mind Fates Arthur getting something so he isn't stuck with only crappy base version.

As a Subaki fan, I would actually like to see him get something. Anything. A Resplendent, a TT+ alt, something. It feels like he'll join Arthur as the most forgotten Fates retainer. I'm sure Setsuna will get something at some point simply because she has certain assets the men don't have.

Okay, like ... did anybody on the Heroes team fucking playtest Ike? At all? Because this is fucking ridiculous. Both his def and res are high, he has damage reduction, HP regeneration, and fucking null counterattack so you can't even snipe him safely. And I don't know if you can tank him either, everyone fucking died if they got into battle with Ike at all. I know the trailer showed him taking out Rearmed Reinhardt (which is dumb in itself because Reinhardt was only released two and a half months ago), but Ivy was dying to him too even with Ike on Haze terrain, and even after switching seals around Ratatoskr would just fall short of taking him out by like 1-8 HP.

The only reason I actually managed to beat him was because Ivy equipped miracle and savage blow seal to chip down Ike's health through attacking the enemies around him, and I managed to position everyone and have the right seals for Ratatoskr to do just enough damage. And sure, my team does not have merges, but imagine how someone who got less lucky with certain unit pulls/merges or just wasn't able to strategize their way out of this would do.

Ike's battle just feels unreasonable.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, like ... did anybody on the Heroes team fucking playtest Ike? At all? Because this is fucking ridiculous. Both his def and res are high, he has damage reduction, HP regeneration, and fucking null counterattack so you can't even snipe him safely. And I don't know if you can tank him either, everyone fucking died if they got into battle with Ike at all. I know the trailer showed him taking out Rearmed Reinhardt (which is dumb in itself because Reinhardt was only released two and a half months ago), but Ivy was dying to him too even with Ike on Haze terrain, and even after switching seals around Ratatoskr would just fall short of taking him out by like 1-8 HP.

The only reason I actually managed to beat him was because Ivy equipped miracle and savage blow seal to chip down Ike's health through attacking the enemies around him, and I managed to position everyone and have the right seals for Ratatoskr to do just enough damage. And sure, my team does not have merges, but imagine how someone who got less lucky with certain unit pulls/merges or just wasn't able to strategize their way out of this would do.

Ike's battle just feels unreasonable.

Fortunately my mutually boosted flying team (Young Caeda, Duo Catria, Duo Peony and Seteth) could take him out with the right formation. Just have to bust some kind of absurd team offensive against him.

Edited by Jotari

To me, the way to counter Ike in his map was by using Scowl.

If he doesn't trigger his special, he cant deal massive damage or heal back.

Seiros and Lumera tanked him so well. Or an ally with Veyle support.

Winter Byleth can also tank him, but Ike has to at least move one space to trigger the Scowl.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

If you hit him with a strong enough AoE Special, he can't activate the giant pile of "HP is 25% or higher at start of combat" effects on his weapon that keep him alive.

YWuNgnT.png

My regular beat everything team of S!Edelgard, Arval, Harmonic!Dorothea and W!Edelgard had no trouble with Emblem Ike just took a few tries to get the placements right.

I was just looking at the updates to the LME rerun schedule and does anyone have any idea what's going on with the May LME banner?

They scheduled Emblem Ike to rerun in May, which is also the month that Emblem Marth is scheduled to have his first rerun. However, the color is full because Kvasir is already scheduled as the third unit, so neither Marth nor Ike will share a color with the new unit for their first rerun unless someone's on a different banner.

Similarly, they moved Lumera's first rerun from June to May, which also means blue is full that month. And colorless was already scheduled to be full prior to this month's updates to the schedule. If no one is on a different banner running that month, then this banner is uncharacteristically full with only 1 spot left over for a unit from the New Heroes rerun backlog.

I know they've been having units' first reruns not share a color with the new unit more and more often (most recently with Elincia (Camilla's banner), Kvasir (Male Alear's banner), and Camilla (Emblem Ike's banner)), but this is kind of ridiculous.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I was just looking at the updates to the LME rerun schedule and does anyone have any idea what's going on with the May LME banner?

They scheduled Emblem Ike to rerun in May, which is also the month that Emblem Marth is scheduled to have his first rerun. However, the color is full because Kvasir is already scheduled as the third unit, so neither Marth nor Ike will share a color with the new unit for their first rerun unless someone's on a different banner.

Similarly, they moved Lumera's first rerun from June to May, which also means blue is full that month. And colorless was already scheduled to be full prior to this month's updates to the schedule. If no one is on a different banner running that month, then this banner is uncharacteristically full with only 1 spot left over for a unit from the New Heroes rerun backlog.

I know they've been having units' first reruns not share a color with the new unit more and more often (most recently with Elincia (Camilla's banner), Kvasir (Male Alear's banner), and Camilla (Emblem Ike's banner)), but this is kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Unless they reschedule someone and announce that in April's banner notification, looks like the new Hero will be green, sharing color with Legendary Female Alear and Rearmed Lucina. Can't even say Fae is on the remix schedule since she is not, and blue remixes already have 4 heroes.

Another weird case is June. It has 4 greens now: Camilla, Xander, Seidr and Heidr. But on that, my guess is that we will have older New Hero Banners as daily banners for a Mid-Book Celebration, and that would count Seidr & More and Heidr & More on those reruns.

Last year we got older New Heroes banners in the Half Anniversary celebration, banners from CYL 5 to Ascended Celica & Ymir (so just before CYL 6), so the reruns this year could be from CYL 6 to Rearmed Alcrys & Eitr (just before CYL 7).

Golden Week shenanigans, maybe?

That is on May, right?

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Golden Week shenanigans, maybe?

That is on May, right?

Golden Week is indeed the first week of May, but previously we've only just gotten Hero Fest versions of the CYL banners, yes?

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Golden Week is indeed the first week of May, but previously we've only just gotten Hero Fest versions of the CYL banners, yes?

Don't they also usually release another 5% Golden Week banner with one unit from each color? Or maybe I'm getting my events mixed up?

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't they also usually release another 5% Golden Week banner with one unit from each color? Or maybe I'm getting my events mixed up?

You are getting the events mixed up.

We usually only get new Hero Fests for the Anniversary (Febtruary) and Half-Anniversary/Summer Celebration (August). Golden Week gets the CYL Hero Fests of all years.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You are getting the events mixed up.

We usually only get new Hero Fests for the Anniversary (Febtruary) and Half-Anniversary/Summer Celebration (August). Golden Week gets the CYL Hero Fests of all years.

Ah, okay.

In that case, I guess I have no idea. Unless they really do decide to put in a new banner with 8% heroes for this year's Golden Week.

Maybe they're planning on adding a 4th unit to these 8% banners or something? I dunno, it feels like these legendaries/mythic/emblem units slowly get more and more bloated as time goes on with no good solution to run the ones further back in a timely manner.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:22 PM, Some Jerk said:

Thank you, Mirabnuuy, for turning off 90% of the new units' bullshit.

stAeQ1m.png

What a beautiful Mirabilis!

The Bonus Doubler + Dodge combo is quite nice, especially with the bonuses granted on Atk/Spd/Def.

Time for the next Resplendent. After Hana last time, I don't really know what to expect here. Will we go back to a 5-star, or another 3/4-star? Will it be an odd choice like Azama, or a popular one like Brave Hector?

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Time for the next Resplendent. After Hana last time, I don't really know what to expect here. Will we go back to a 5-star, or another 3/4-star? Will it be an odd choice like Azama, or a popular one like Brave Hector?

Have they even finished half of all the launch day Heroes yet? I am pretty sure they do not even have half the first year Heroes. Out of the popular waifus off the top of my head, Camilla and Tharja still have not gotten theirs yet.