Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Yeah, it's also why I don't run QR on Ryoma--I run him at 42 buffed, so that doubles most things that matter. I guess swordbreakers are a thing, but if someone runs swordbreaker they aren't running green tome breaker. Or they're Sanaki in which case I'm p sure Ryo can just oneshot. 

Xander, though. I have a nice spare 4* Tsubaki wrapped up for him. I already have a 4* 40 Tsubaki with +Atk/-Res so I don't really need more, anyway.

Oh for sure, QR isn't good with high speed units like Ryoma.

Ryoma with Desperation is absolutely disgusting though (and I'm considering a Life and Death + Desperation offensive Ryoma over the Fury + Vantage defensive set I currently run. It's better on +Spd or +Atk, of course, but as long as Ryoma's bane isn't either of those stats he'll be just fine). 

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh for sure, QR isn't good with high speed units like Ryoma.

Ryoma with Desperation is absolutely disgusting though (and I'm considering a Life and Death + Desperation offensive Ryoma over the Fury + Vantage defensive set I currently run. It's better on +Spd or +Atk, of course, but as long as Ryoma's bane isn't either of those stats he'll be just fine). 

I use mine mostly as a tank, so I feel Vantage is still more suitable for my uses. However, I think I do actually have enough SP on him to cover both sets on mine--- he's +spd, too. He's sitting on a good 1k+ right now. 

46 speed, which is what I'm looking at with LoD and Hone Spd 3 (well, 47 with LoD3 but i ain't got the resources) on Ryoma would be absolutely disgusting. At that point I might not even need to have Nino run HS3 anymore--though with LoD/Fury Lucinas running around that might still be a good idea.

Edited by Thor Odinson

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I use mine mostly as a tank, so I feel Vantage is still more suitable for my uses. However, I think I do actually have enough SP on him to cover both sets on mine--- he's +spd, too. He's sitting on a good 1k+ right now. 

46 speed, which is what I'm looking at with LoD and Hone Spd 3 (well, 47 with LoD3 but i ain't got the resources) on Ryoma would be absolutely disgusting. At that point I might not even need to have Nino run HS3 anymore--though with LoD/Fury Lucinas running around that might still be a good idea.

If he had just one more point in speed (47), he would have exactly enough to double even a +Spd Lucina with Fury (who has exactly 42 spd). That's crazy.

Have you already used your Spd +1 seal on him to get him to 46? Because if not, you should give it to him to get him to 47. If you already have, it may actually be worth it to go for LD 3 because that one point is pretty key. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

A Fury+Vantage Ryoma would better suit my style (and is probably better on defense). He can at least not die by Linde in one hit.

But no Hinata fodders sucks.

He doesn't though. 

Neutral Ryoma survives neutral Linde with 4 HP. 

Linde has 39 spd, which is just short the one point needed to double Ryoma's 35. With Aura, she has 49 effective attack.

49 x 1.2 (WTA) = 58 -> 58 - 21 (Ryoma's res) is 37. Ryoma has 41 HP, so he lives with 4.

(Blárblade Linde is a different story though, but even Fury Ryoma isn't surviving that monster)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If he had just one more point in speed (47), he would have exactly enough to double even a +Spd Lucina with Fury (who has exactly 42 spd). That's crazy.

Have you already used your Spd +1 seal on him to get him to 46? Because if not, it may actually be worth it to go for LD 3 because that one point is pretty key. 

Well, right now he just runs around with 42 speed (default 38+HoneSpd3) since he's being a tank, which matches Lucina. On the other hand, Nino can ORKO Lucina with 1 buff and she does hit 47 with LoD2+HS3. 

46 is with LoD2 but no speed seal. LoD2 buffs him from 38 to 42, then HS3 to 46. So a speed +1 would push him over to 47 with a +spd nature.

Blarblade Linde is someone i'm just not risking taking a hit from. Nah man I'm gonna buff the shit out of Nino and ORKO that monstrosity.

...buff the shit out of Nino seems to be my standard solution to problems

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

He doesn't though. 

(Blárblade Linde is a different story though, but even Fury Ryoma isn't surviving that monster)

Mine is -Res +HP and he received 44 damage exactly. I guess my first meeting with Linde (on the desert map) is probably a +Atk Linde.

Yes, the traumatic memory stays with me until now.

Edited by pianime94

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Well, right now he just runs around with 42 speed (default 38+HoneSpd3) since he's being a tank, which matches Lucina. On the other hand, Nino can ORKO Lucina with 1 buff and she does hit 47 with LoD2+HS3. 

46 is with LoD2 but no speed seal. LoD2 buffs him from 38 to 42, then HS3 to 46. So a speed +1 would push him over to 47 with a +spd nature.

Blarblade Linde is someone i'm just not risking taking a hit from. Nah man I'm gonna buff the shit out of Nino and ORKO that monstrosity.

...buff the shit out of Nino seems to be my standard solution to problems

"Buff the shit out of Nino" is a pretty viable strategy, so more power to you. 

I personally run Julia as my Linde counter. My Michalis has Hone Atk, so with that buff, Julia can OHKO Linde from full :D (unless she's +HP or +Res but who tf runs a +HP/Res Linde)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

I actually haven't met any Linde in the Arena for quite awhile.

Still seeing Robin occasionally, tho.

You are blessed, my child. 

Linde is an absolutely terrifying monster, and I wouldn't wish a meeting against one with Blárblade on anyone. (Blárblade Spring Lucina is pretty terrifying too)

I don't actually remember the last time I saw even a single Robin. Maybe 2-3 weeks ago?

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

"Buff the shit out of Nino" is a pretty viable strategy, so more power to you. 

I personally run Julia as my Linde counter. My Michalis has Hone Atk, so with that buff, Julia can OHKO Linde from full :D (unless she's +HP or +Res but who tf runs a +HP/Res Linde)

Hey, my Michalis has Hone Atk too! I put it on him because I had to replace Olivia for a season due to low BST (until I got her to 5*).

I decided to run Nino due to having a Linde-and-Nowi problem on my team, and Ryoma's HS3 + Olivia's HA3 works really well in buffing Nino. Ryoma, being my fav, is the person I build my team around, but seems like Nino does more of the unit removal these days. Unless it's Takumi.

Then when I rolled Jaffar that one season, I put Fortify Res and Rally Def on him. It was pretty broken.

I occasionally see Robins, and those are the only units I let Nino take on enemy phase. They just do so little to her, even without TAdept.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Hey, my Michalis has Hone Atk too! I put it on him because I had to replace Olivia for a season due to low BST (until I got her to 5*), but I decided to run Nino due to having a Linde-and-Nowi problem on my team, and Ryoma's HS3 + Olivia's HA3 works really well in buffing Nino.

Then when I rolled Jaffar that one season, I put Fortify Res and Rally Def on him. It was pretty broken.

I occasionally see Robins, and those are the only units I let Nino take on enemy phase. They just do so little to her, even without TAdept.

I only really used Michalis as a bonus unit these past two weeks, but I'm actually going to be a little sad to let him go. 

Reposition on a flier is a godsend on the lava and bridge maps. He also has a pretty solid QR + Bonfire set going, so he can OKRO Effie (QR goes through Wary Fighter if he's fast enough, which he is with Ryoma's Hone Spd). And also dat Hone Atk for Ryoma and Julia.

...you know the more I think about it, the more I think I'd rather keep Michalis and instead switch Effie out for Sharena (assuming she's a bonus unit next rotation). 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I only really used Michalis as a bonus unit these past two weeks, but I'm actually going to be a little sad to let him go. 

Reposition is a godsend on the lava and bridge maps. He also has a pretty solid QR + Bonfire set going, so he can OKRO Effie (QR goes through Wary Fighter if he's fast enough, which he is with Ryoma's Hone Spd). And also dat Hone Atk for Ryoma and Julia.

...you know the more I think about it, the more I think I'd rather keep Michalis and instead switch Effie out for Sharena (assuming she's a bonus unit next rotation). 

I mostly just use him for Reposition, but flying Repos is really nice. I hardly even got deaths without Olivia on the bridge map with him Reposing everyone, which is saying something. I don't have as much inheritance with him as you do, though. Mainly because I'm a little low on feathers to make 4*s with Olivia's new promotion. 

I'm damn well hoping Sharena would be a bonus--I can slap a Rally Res on her and I can go back to having full set Nino buff, although I don't even need that much--Another Repos would be lovely, but I'm unfortunately out of Selenas and Barsts. But she can definitely take off the red-walling load from Ryoma, which he appreciates.

I mostly just use him for Reposition, but flying Repos is really nice. I hardly even got deaths without Olivia on the bridge map with him Reposing everyone, which is saying something. I don't have as much inheritance with him as you do, though. Mainly because I'm a little low on feathers to make 4*s with Olivia's new promotion. 

I'm damn well hoping Sharena would be a bonus--I can slap a Rally Res on her and I can go back to having full set Nino buff, although I don't even need that much--Another Repos would be lovely, but I'm unfortunately out of Selenas and Barsts. But she can definitely take off the red-walling load from Ryoma, which he appreciates.

I'm actually looking to make Ephraim my main sword wall over Effie. He's at +1 while Effie is unmerged, and from what people have said about the new Arena system, that merge bonus counts for more points than Effie's slightly higher BST (though I haven't tested this myself yet). It also helps that Ephraim is a solid neutral nature (not the most optimal, sure, but not bad by any means) while Effie is a +Spd/-Atk Effie. 

Also, Ephraim's one of my favorite FE characters while Effie...isn't. So there's that too.

The only issue though is that I intend to give Ephraim certain skills, but I lack the fodder at the moment. And I'm not about to send him into the cutthroat post-inheritance Arena with his vanilla skillset. 

Hinata where are you ;___;

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

He doesn't though. 

Linde has 39 spd, which is just short the one point needed to double Ryoma's 35. With Aura, she has 49 effective attack.

49 x 1.2 (WTA) = 58 -> 58 - 21 (Ryoma's res) is 37. Ryoma has 41 HP, so he lives with 4.

Linde is 36. She just has +3 speed as a skill, but her base is 36.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Linde is 36. She just has +3 speed as a skill, but her base is 36.

I was comparing vanilla sets, so I intentionally included the Spd +3. 

But yes, you're certainly correct that her base is 36 and not 39 (which is even better for Ryoma). 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm actually looking to make Ephraim my main sword wall over Effie. He's at +1 while Effie is unmerged, and from what people have said about the new Arena system, that merge bonus counts for more points than Effie's slightly higher BST (though I haven't tested this myself yet). It also helps that Ephraim is a solid neutral nature (not the most optimal, sure, but not bad by any means) while Effie is a +Spd/-Atk Effie. 

Also, Ephraim's one of my favorite FE characters while Effie...isn't. So there's that too.

The only issue though is that I intend to give Ephraim certain skills, but I lack the fodder at the moment. And I'm not about to send him into the cutthroat post-inheritance Arena with his vanilla skillset. 

Hinata where are you ;___;

-Atk Effie, ouch. Ephraim moves more spaces by himself too, so that's nice.

Hinata hasn't even come once on my main file. At least I got him for my alt.

Once. 

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

Once. 

Hinata came once and allowed me to get Fury 3 on my Ryoma, so I am quite thankful for that.

Now I just need another one. Or two. 

I'll be pulling for Alm on this coming banner though (I need a Falchion user), so since I'll be pulling reds, there's a decent chance I'll get a Hinata or two for my troubles. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Once. 

My 'blessed' account (Hector\Ryoma\Linde etc.) has like 5 Hinatas. Oddly enough, I'm still not using it all that much.

My main does have half a dozen Hanas, though, so I've mostly been just building glass cannon brave-users. Cordelia is like Klein, except faster, stronger, and related to Selena.

Edited by DehNutCase

21 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I actually haven't met any Linde in the Arena for quite awhile.

Still seeing Robin occasionally, tho.

I'm often meeting Linde in the arena and I'm close to starting hating her.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My 'blessed' account (Hector\Ryoma\Linde etc.) has like 5 Hinatas. Oddly enough, I'm still not using it all that much.

Damn, lucky. I have so many people I want Fury3 on. Or at least just Ryoma. Maybe Minerva too. Actually totally Minerva.

Although I haven't pulled selectively reds for a long time, though, thanks to Ryoma and Olivia covering all my red needs and if I /really/ needed a magical red I got a Sanaki. I hope Ayra doesn't take too long to come out, because I'll be pulling reds like crazy. 

Also hoping Finn's not on that same banner I do not want to be diverted

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Damn, lucky. I have so many people I want Fury3 on. Or at least just Ryoma. Maybe Minerva too. Actually totally Minerva.

Although I haven't pulled selectively reds for a long time, though, thanks to Ryoma and Olivia covering all my red needs and if I /really/ needed a magical red I got a Sanaki. I hope Ayra doesn't take too long to come out, because I'll be pulling reds like crazy. 

Also hoping Finn's not on that same banner I do not want to be diverted

I'd say I have a decently solid set of 5*s at this point, so I focus pull on banners for units I want just because I like the characters (pulled a hell of a lot of blues for Ninian) rather than units I "need". 

Alm is an exception because Falchion is gamechanging, but I don't dislike him (I simply don't know anything about him, having not played Gaiden). 

It helps that I'm hyped af for Shadows of Valentia. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'd say I have a decently solid set of 5*s at this point, so I focus pull on banners for units I want just because I like the characters (pulled a hell of a lot of blues for Ninian) rather than units I "need". 

Alm is an exception because Falchion is gamechanging, but I don't dislike him (I simply don't know anything about him, having not played Gaiden). 

It helps that I'm hyped af for Shadows of Valentia. 

I'm pretty hyped for SoV as well--if Matilda was on this banner, I probably would've gone for her anyway despite wanting to save for Ayra. I like Claire, just not enough to break out the orbs and I definitely pulled way too many blues in the past couple of banners. Wanted Olwen because she's my Thracia fav after Travant and Finn. Got Reinhardt, which I can't complain about (first thracia co-rep! and also kills things really dead). Wanted Ninian because a blue dancer would help balance out my core of Ryoma and Nino colorwise. Recently wanted BunXander and BunCina so I'll have to skip out on Claire for now. Hopefully she'll be available as at least a 4*.

At least I can basically get ardent sacrifice and swordbreaker2 whenever I want now? I had like 3 spare Sullys outside of my trained one and I just gave a swordbreaker to Olivia. Clearly the real Lucina counter.

I'll pull from the new banner, eventually.  I'm in dire need of Bonfire/Luna (Moonbow will NOT work for my purposes).  And maybe a spare Laslow/Matthew, so I can give Hone Speed to someone.

Swimming in Iceberg/Glacies, and no one to give it to. :(:

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm pretty hyped for SoV as well--if Matilda was on this banner, I probably would've gone for her anyway despite wanting to save for Ayra. I like Claire, just not enough to break out the orbs and I definitely pulled way too many blues in the past couple of banners. Wanted Olwen because she's my Thracia fav after Travant and Finn. Got Reinhardt, which I can't complain about (first thracia co-rep! and also kills things really dead). Wanted Ninian because a blue dancer would help balance out my core of Ryoma and Nino colorwise. Recently wanted BunXander and BunCina so I'll have to skip out on Claire for now. Hopefully she'll be available as at least a 4*.

At least I can basically get ardent sacrifice and swordbreaker2 whenever I want now? I had like 3 spare Sullys outside of my trained one and I just gave a swordbreaker to Olivia. Clearly the real Lucina counter.

I have both Ryoma and Ninian as well as a +Spd/-Def Nino (who I intend to make my next 5*), so I could very well have that core you speak of.

The only problem is that I don't feel comfortable taking off Julia because I have no answer for dragons otherwise, nor do I want to run two squishy, green mages. I mean I COULD just "buff the shit out of Nino", but I'm a lot more used to playing with more independent units than having a designated carry. I suppose I would have to change up my playstyle if I wanted to use Nino...

EDIT: I'm actually mostly pumped for Celica's banner, so I'm hoping Alm doesn't use up too many of my orbs ;___;

Edited by MaskedAmpharos