Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

29 defense and 25 resistance at 5 stars? That ain't half bad. It actually helps fight against Nowi/Tiki as well just in case things go bad. -Hp gives him less longevity but now getting to defiance is a cake walk.

Yeah, Robin is really good. Which probably is why I can't have him, right, game?

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her Speed combined with the Mani Katti's high accuracy and critical stats make her actually viable for fighting Armor Knights at weapon triangle disadvantage, which is not something Eirika can particularly boast about.

Basic damage from Mani Katti is higher, but the FE7's calculations makes it weaker than the FE8!Rapier against Armor Knights (Eirika has 21 Effective Power against Lyn's 16 effective power)

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, well, I can't think of a better bane for him to have. -attack or -def obviously will hurt him a good bit, I've already talked about -spd, and -res probably is a worse idea too.

And he does help with Nowi and Tiki, yeah. Sharena doesn't have good res at all, so she takes a nice hit even from them and she's physical, so she might not do as much damage as male Robin would anyway.

Another thing, male Robin + Freddy eats Takumi for breakfast now. Robin can type trump him, and Freddy is the only unit I have that can reliably tank his hits no matter what. Takumi just scratches him. lol The only problem I ever have with him now is if there's more than one of him on the field.

Honestly, once you get Triangle Adept on Robin, you'll be HOPING for multiple Takumis. They all do 0 damage or single-digit damage at most to TA Robin while he 1-2 shots them. It's pretty great. 

EDIT: Also yeah Frederick has the 4th highest Def in the game. The only non-armor with higher defense is Beruka, by one point. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Basic damage from Mani Katti is higher, but the FE7's calculations makes it weaker than the FE8!Rapier against Armor Knights (Eirika has 21 Effective Power against Lyn's 16 effective power)

But doesn't the Mani Katti have a much higher crit rate?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Another thing about Freddy: he's one of the few high def units in the game that isn't weak to hammers! Most high def units are armors, I bet. XD

He is extremely weak to -wolf times but after the new bonus shuffled I haven't seen a single F Robin in Arena. Lol she kinda stinks.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly, once you get Triangle Adept on Robin, you'll be HOPING for multiple Takumis. They all do 0 damage or single-digit damage at most to TA Robin while he 1-2 shots them. It's pretty great. 

The only reason why I'm hesitating on giving mine t-adept is because I'll miss having 40 speed (defiant+Spur speed) on my robin. What do!?!?!

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

But doesn't the Mani Katti have a much higher crit rate?

Has +10 Critical Chance.

Higher, but not enough to say is actually more damage (and you need to do actual damage to make your criticals work).

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

He is extremely weak to -wolf times but after the new bonus shuffled I haven't seen a single F Robin in Arena. Lol she kinda stinks.

The only reason why I'm hesitating on giving mine t-adept is because I'll miss having 40 speed (defiant+Spur speed) on my robin. What do!?!?!

Raigh one-shots Freddy, but I don't anticipate seeing one in Arena any time soon...or ever. Same with F!Robin now that she isn't focus. Plus Frederick dies pretty readily to most mages anyways, wolf tomes or not. 

It's a trade-off, really. With TA, my Robin basically never even goes down to Defiant Range, and the main thing I'd want to double and kill with him is swords anyways, which SB does regardless of speed. 

EDIT: Also this is completely irrelevant to the current conversation, but...that new Shadows of Valentia trailer holy shit. IS be like "you thought Close Counter Takumi with 1-2 range was OP? Here, have archers with 1-5 range."

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Tis a must for you need to let Takumi know where he stands.

Also tipping reds like nobody's business.

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: Also yeah Frederick has the 4th highest Def in the game. The only non-armor with higher defense is Beruka, by one point. 

At this point, my only counter to vantage takumis is Linda/Linde's 41 speed with Lazward/Laslow's speed dance skill.

(Not sure what it's called in English. Skills that auto buff allies at the beginning of the turn has 舞 (dance) kanji for each variation. Like how Ninian's Fortify dragons is 竜盾の鼓舞)

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

EDIT: Also this is completely irrelevant to the current conversation, but...that new Shadows of Valentia trailer holy shit. IS be like "you thought Close Counter Takumi with 1-2 range was OP? Here, have archers with 1-5 range."

Hahaha I saw that. Apparently they take speed debuffs to help even it out but still, it seems like archers will be the new pegasus knight.

Didn't get a reply in the other thread, so I guess I'll try here instead.

What good teams could I make here? I'm mostly trying to come up with a defense team, but if you have suggestions for offense etc. feel free.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170321-124627_zps3usrgqv8.p

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What good teams could I make here? I'm mostly trying to come up with a defense team, but if you have suggestions for offense etc. feel free.

Hide contents

Honestly I think it mostly looks fine as is. For offense, since you need a bonus character, I'd probably replace Reinhardt with Ninian. 

For defense, I'd definitely put in a dancer, like Azura, as I've found from personal experience those tend to screw me up the most when I'm on offense. Also, since BST doesn't matter, I'd stick Kagero in as well (since she's a fantastic unit that simply doesn't see much use in higher Arena bc of her low BST). Probably something like Julia, Azura, Kagero, Lucina? Alternatively, you could try to trip people up by taking Lucina out and putting in more blues, like Reinhardt or Sharena. It'll be a free win for teams with Hector, but otherwise? Literally every Arena offense has something to deal with Lucina (or other swords), who's more valuable on offense. On defense, I prefer to stack up more of the same color because there's a much higher chance of tripping someone up (you're way more likely to find someone unable to deal with 2-3 blues than someone unable to deal with Lucina), and you really only need one defense win. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hide contents

Jaffar, Jaffar, azura, Lucina

Reinhardt, Azura, Camilla, Lucina 

For keks: Jaffar Kagero Jaffar Azura

Ninian Tiki Kagero Camilla

For keks: Smelliwood Smelliwood Cain and Reinhardt 

If you want an in-depth explanation on any of these teams I will be happy to provide so. One team at a time though

Edited by Arcanite

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reveal hidden contents

For defense I think Kagero/Lucina/Azura/Reinhardt would work pretty well. For offense Julia/Azura make a great pair, I use them together all the time, and you could add Lucina/Sharena as your second, which could make Lucina into a buffed up monster.

21 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

(Not sure what it's called in English. Skills that auto buff allies at the beginning of the turn has 舞 (dance) kanji for each variation. Like how Ninian's Fortify dragons is 竜盾の鼓舞)

Hone Atk/Spd for offensive stats and Fortify Def/Res for defensive stats.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Smh at all these offense team suggestions for Satsuma without a bonus character :P

TFW you remember that that's a thing

Edit: @SatsumaFSoysoy Then instead of Julia/Azura/Lucina/Sharena go Julia/Azura/Lucina/random bonus character that will hide in the corner

Edited by immatx

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Smh at all these offense team suggestions for Satsuma without a bonus character :P

Not according to my incredibly potent and cancerous double Jaffar set(s) ;)

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Bonus if you give them Poison Strike and Savage Blow :P

That's what I did on my Jaffar lol

@SatsumaFSoysoy is probably blown back at all these teams. Boy came in expecting nothing and got Bloom Doom'd ?

Thanks guys. I got bloom doom'd.

I'm a little hesitant to put Lucina away, solely because after putting Darting Blow and Desperation on her, I feel like she's top troll material. But Kagerou is pretty scary, so I can't really decide. I'll have to deck Kagerou out with some skills first. Wings of Mercy maybe. Hue...

So definitely a Dancer then. Unfortunately, I don't think I can fit both a Dancer and Sharena on a team, so I guess I'll have to bench her on the defense. How dumb would two Dancers + Kagerou and Reinhardt be?

14 minutes ago, immatx said:

For defense I think Kagero/Lucina/Azura/Reinhardt would work pretty well. For offense Julia/Azura make a great pair, I use them together all the time, and you could add Lucina/Sharena as your second, which could make Lucina into a buffed up monster.

Oddly, this is the defence team I run and I never seem to get any hits. I've not changed any skills yet, though, but no one loses against me :( I really need to start looking into some surprise skills to be mean. Poison touch on all! Muahahahahaha

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reveal hidden contents

You know what. Let Aqua drink that Red Bull to gain wings so she can go whoosh whoosh in your defense team.

That should serve for a lot of intended frustrations toward anybody who's unfortunate enough to face you.