Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

With the fort tiles coming to the arena, wouldn't that make glass cannons even more viable? With the increased defences it's going to be harder to ORKO fast units you want to get rid of before they touch your team. I'm looking at you Nino...

Not if you get to the fortification tiles first.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Narcian returning? Nice. I was so bad at the game I couldn't beat even the easy version of that quest, so I'm missing him entirely from my pokedex.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're talking about the tier rewards on the chart, I believe the preview mentioned that they were one-time rewards for reaching that rank. I'm not 100% certain, though.

Hmm, and placements are possibly based on this past arena rankings..? So if somebody got placed in, say tier 12, they may get all the rewards immediately for previous tiers. Talk about a pay day. I'm really excited to see what this all means in a few hours!

So with these new tier Rewards coming for the arena.  The initial impression I got from it was if we get to a certain level.  Each week were active in the arena we would get that bonus for our level.  But it seems these are general awards.  So were sacrificing feather outputs for orb instead. Not sure how to feel on that and if its how their doing it.  Maybe figure out how many feather = orb in cost

Just now, Gustavos said:

Hmm, and placements are possibly based on this past arena rankings..? So if somebody got placed in, say tier 12, they may get all the rewards immediately for previous tiers. Talk about a pay day. I'm really excited to see what this all means in a few hours!

Yeah, they said you'll start wherever you were before the update. Chances are you'll get all the lower rewards immediately because it would suck to have to purposely drop your rank to get those extra orbs.

8 minutes ago, Skids said:

So with these new tier Rewards coming for the arena.  The initial impression I got from it was if we get to a certain level.  Each week were active in the arena we would get that bonus for our level.  But it seems these are general awards.  So were sacrificing feather outputs for orb instead. Not sure how to feel on that and if its how their doing it.  Maybe figure out how many feather = orb in cost

Worst case scenario is 5 Orbs equals 150 Feathers, assuming you pulled a 3*.  20 Orbs would get 750 Feathers, assuming all 3*s.

9 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Narcian returning? Nice. I was so bad at the game I couldn't beat even the easy version of that quest, so I'm missing him entirely from my pokedex.

Are we sure the rewards are cumulative and not just rewarded based on which tier you end up on?  If you're on say tier 15, that would mean 23 Orbs for the week, which seems generous, but within the realm of possibility.  For Feathers, though, that would mean 11,000 Feathers which is exponentially more than we have been getting.

I would love to be proved wrong here, but it seems like the numbers point against them being cumulative.

Edited by Rezzy

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are we sure the rewards are cumulative and not just rewarded based on which tier you end up on?  If you're on say tier 15, that would mean 23 Orbs for the week, which seems generous, but within the realm of possibility.  For Feathers, though, that would mean 11,000 Feathers which is exponentially more than we have been getting.

I would love to be proved wrong here, but it seems like the numbers point against them being cumulative.

It's a bit more than the equivelant of a Twitter Retweet event that you hadn't heard of but got goodies for despite no effort.

But yeah, the big question is whether these rewards are the replacements for our current weekly Arena Rewards, or a one time bonus on top of weekly feathers - like clearing a mission that has no stated time limit.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Worst case scenario is 5 Orbs equals 150 Feathers, assuming you pulled a 3*.  20 Orbs would get 750 Feathers, assuming all 3*s.

Now you've got me wishing we could trade feathers for orbs. Even if the price was ten times that, 7500 feathers for 20 orbs. F2P players would totally consider it. If another Gold Week banner showed up.

Edited by Gustavos

38 minutes ago, Kiran said:

With the fort tiles coming to the arena, wouldn't that make glass cannons even more viable? With the increased defences it's going to be harder to ORKO fast units you want to get rid of before they touch your team. I'm looking at you Nino...

That'll depend---a big reason that defensive units aren't used in arena is because they pay too much hp to do their job. Like, Selena can kill a sword-lord with a Wo Dao+ and a Moonbow or something, but she takes a pretty big counter even through 32 base defense, meaning she can do that only once a match if the opponents are at all threatening.

Edit: Offensive units are good because, quite often, they don't even pay HP to kill people. Brave Weapons, 1HKOs with T-Adept, desperation doubles, etc.

However, if forts gave, say, an effective WTD of 20% to all attacking units, suddenly Selena becomes absurd because everyone just lost a big chunk of their ATK stat, turning 3HKOs into 6HKOs or something like that. (13 damage, or 45 Atk 3HKOs Selena, but if all damage goes through a 20% debuff, then people need 56 Atk just to 3HKO, and original 3HKOs now do 45 - 9 - 32 = 4 damage a hit. Selena has 37 hp, so good luck with that.)

Odin, for example, can just sit on a fort and charge Ignis, and there's nothing you can really do to him. (Dude is basically unkillable at base, despite WTD buffing damage for greens.)

It'll all depend on how forts work, really. (As in, the numbers. Is it 20% reduced Atk stat, 20% reduced damage, 20% increased def? Etc.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Can we talk about the names for these tiers? Like how tier 18 is Hoshidan Nobles, but Nohr Nobles aren't one of the tiers? And Hoshidan Nobles are better than the 12 Deadlords and Four Riders? Come on. I expected better from you IS. Not this blatant racism toward Nohr, or throwing shade on the Tellius and Judgral minor antagonists.

Tier 19 better be Batta's Beasts.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I just hope that the Arena ranking isn't too cruel in determining if you get demoted, as i'm not that competitive, meaning i don't really carw about my unit's IVs. I just go into the Arena for the feathers. 

Me too, I'm so bad at playing and I only use characters that I like whitout caring about their IVs, that winning advance battles in the arena are really hard haha... Ahhh... Let's see how this new system will work for me, I just want to keep winning my 1500-2000 feathers per week at least

And oh!!! Narcian is bad!!! I never finished his Hard map, I can finally win another Narcian!! Mmmm, I wonder if we can win more copies of him like with Navarre and FRobin

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If maintenance ends exactly on time... I'm going to have 30 minutes to get the level 35 kills with Catria and Est for 2 orbs.... shit. I'm such a moron.

LOL procrastination. Do you have crystals saved up?

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Can we talk about the names for these tiers? Like how tier 18 is Hoshidan Nobles, but Nohr Nobles aren't one of the tiers? And Hoshidan Nobles are better than the 12 Deadlords and Four Riders? Come on. I expected better from you IS. Not this blatant racism toward Nohr, or throwing shade on the Tellius and Judgral minor antagonists.

Number 19 was Nohr Nobles or something Nohr themed if I remember the early data mined names properly. Unless they changed it with this update, which I kinda doubt. 

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

In the original datamine weeks back Nohr Noble was right above Hoshido Noble.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

LOL procrastination. Do you have crystals saved up?

Interestingly enough, I have crystals, but no shards.

That said, both Catria and Est were around level 25, so I can probably just shove them into 8th Stratum with a Hone Fliers buff and try to pick off a straggler.

EDIT: HOLY SHITES GAME'S BACK UP.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Maintenance is done! 

Also 30% damage reduction on units on forts. Units that can tank both distances get more OP as they can now tank more, and thus bait and kill more units. 

Reading through the update notes, the defense tiles reduce damage taken by 30% of your unit's def or res depending on the type of attack which means that glass cannons will not benefit from these tiles as much as bulky units will. Interesting.

get wrecked Lucina

Edited by Korath88

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Maintenance is done! 

Also 30% damage reduction on units on forts. Units that can tank both distances get more OP as they can now tank more, and thus bait and kill more units. 

My +Def Ike and my Xander will certainly appreciate this addition.

Just now, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So do we know if the old arena score and rank feather rewards will still be given in addition to the new tier rewards?

Sadly no. The new tier rewards will completely take over the old system. No more ranking rewards :/

3 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So do we know if the old arena score and rank feather rewards will still be given in addition to the new tier rewards?

Reading the notification that showed up, it sounds like this is a replacement for the old ranking rewards. And new Rankings will happen within tiers to decide if you promote, demote, or stay. Perhaps these rankings will have a feathers bonus as well? If so, it's not mentioned. We'll find out on the 9th.

Edited by Gustavos

Just now, Kiran said:

Sadly no. The new tier rewards will completely take over the old system. No more ranking rewards :/

So we get significantly less feathers, even if we get at the top tier?

But... we can get up to 4 orbs a week instead...........

Bleh, I would much rather have the feathers than that paltry amount of orbs.

Forts, interestingly enough, isn't a 30% damage reduction, it's a 30% defense increase. Selena's 32, for example, goes to 41. So things that 3HKOd her (13 damage), now do... 4. (3HKO to 10HKO, haha. And her speed tier is so good that no one doubles her.)