Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I finally managed to finish a perfect arena run(7 wins, no losses on any win) with my current team of 5* Lucina(40), 4* Nino(40), F!Corrin(39) and Kagero(37). Aside from getting those last few levels for a few stat points, and upgrading one of those 4* up to 5* after I get my feathers and levelling them back up(still torn on which one, though...), my final score of 4252 is about as good as it's going to get for me for the minute. 

If anything, this is good news for people without the luck to draw full 5* teams! I've managed to get through everything in the game at the moment with only red sword 5*s(both Cain and Lyn are currently on side teams, since running them alongside Lucina is worse than running a 4* with better synergy)

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Ether said:

I finally managed to finish a perfect arena run(7 wins, no losses on any win) with my current team of 5* Lucina(40), 4* Nino(40), F!Corrin(39) and Kagero(37). Aside from getting those last few levels for a few stat points, and upgrading one of those 4* up to 5* after I get my feathers and levelling them back up(still torn on which one, though...), my final score of 4252 is about as good as it's going to get for me for the minute. 

If anything, this is good news for people without the luck to draw full 5* teams! I've managed to get through everything in the game at the moment with only red sword 5*s(both Cain and Lyn are currently on side teams, since running them alongside Lucina is worse than running a 4* with better synergy)

That's something I think this game did quite well. Balance isn't 100% perfect, of course, but I'm pleased with how viable lower star characters are in this game. There are plenty of games out there where really only the highest rarity summons are viable at all in competitive play. So I'm glad Heroes isn't like that :D

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's something I think this game did quite well. Balance isn't 100% perfect, of course, but I'm pleased with how viable lower star characters are in this game. There are plenty of games out there where really only the highest rarity summons are viable at all in competitive play. So I'm glad Heroes isn't like that :D

I actually think the competitive play is pretty bad, especially because F2P players have pretty much no chance to get in the top 1000. Since the points you can earn are largely influenced by the amount of stat totals your units have, people who have 5* lvl40+10 have a huge lead in this game that can't be overcome by skill. I spent ~€100 on this game myself, and got rank 65 in week 1 and rank 987 in week 2, mainly because I didn't buy anymore orbs in week 2. I won my 7 advanced games with zero casualties both times, so I can't really climb higher unless I spend more. I can only guess how bad the frustration is for players that can't spend any money on this game.

Somehow I think it would have been nice if points were also earned/deducted by the amount of time and/or turns that you need to kill the enemy team. 

The next focus (Fir, Hawkeye, Adult!Tiki, & Maria) is all right. I do really want a Fir and wouldn't mind a Hawkeye, but I already have Adult Tiki (although not a 5*) and don't care much for Maria. However,, my hero wishlist is growing and now I really need want Elise, Takumi, and Azura to make my ultimate main team (paired with Ryoma). Then I wanted a Hector (and Takumi) for my Defensive team. Of course, the chances of getting all of them any time soon is slim to none, but a man can try to dream, right?

I also just did some more calculations with my Boons and Banes using the Fire Emblem Heroes Calculator, but it is clear that it is still incomplete and has errors in places. I need to double check my Nowi, Clarine, Gunter, and Sheena because the stats are not lining up right (mostly ATT, even with some modifications with and without weapons). Also, some data I thought I had right was apparently wrong, as my "Chosen Chrom" is actually +SPD, -HP instead of +ATT, -HP. While the ATT was nice, buff Chrom's speed is definitely better considering he is naturally slow. Also, my Caeda who I thought was +RES, -HP is actually +SPD, - HP. This is not as exciting as Caeda is already fast (with poor damage) and I planned to use her as my "mage tank" for a planned Flier team, but I guess +SPD is okay for her.

Slowly but surely I am filling out my roster. I have plenty of dream teams, but I am in desperate need of a good mage. When I did my Arena runs today, I was getting overrun by Young Tikis (which were not a problem before, so I swapped out my Cain for Marth) and the mass usage of Dancing Azura (screwing up my placements and calculations, and it doesn't help I rely heavily on Ryoma who is countered by Azura).

45 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

So glad that family bonds quests have no difficulty variations. I doubt I'll collect even one of these 4 new heroes let alone all 4 to complete their specific challenges.

But they do!  Nine orbs total.  Unless you're talking about something else?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

But they do!  Nine orbs total.  Unless you're talking about something else?

There are quests attached to the update focusing on the paralogue.

Some of them are "Use Eirika/Ephraim/Seliph/Julia" to kill things.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

The next focus (Fir, Hawkeye, Adult!Tiki, & Maria) is all right. I do really want a Fir and wouldn't mind a Hawkeye, but I already have Adult Tiki (although not a 5*) and don't care much for Maria. However,, my hero wishlist is growing and now I really need want Elise, Takumi, and Azura to make my ultimate main team (paired with Ryoma). Then I wanted a Hector (and Takumi) for my Defensive team. Of course, the chances of getting all of them any time soon is slim to none, but a man can try to dream, right?

I also just did some more calculations with my Boons and Banes using the Fire Emblem Heroes Calculator, but it is clear that it is still incomplete and has errors in places. I need to double check my Nowi, Clarine, Gunter, and Sheena because the stats are not lining up right (mostly ATT, even with some modifications with and without weapons). Also, some data I thought I had right was apparently wrong, as my "Chosen Chrom" is actually +SPD, -HP instead of +ATT, -HP. While the ATT was nice, buff Chrom's speed is definitely better considering he is naturally slow. Also, my Caeda who I thought was +RES, -HP is actually +SPD, - HP. This is not as exciting as Caeda is already fast (with poor damage) and I planned to use her as my "mage tank" for a planned Flier team, but I guess +SPD is okay for her.

Slowly but surely I am filling out my roster. I have plenty of dream teams, but I am in desperate need of a good mage. When I did my Arena runs today, I was getting overrun by Young Tikis (which were not a problem before, so I swapped out my Cain for Marth) and the mass usage of Dancing Azura (screwing up my placements and calculations, and it doesn't help I rely heavily on Ryoma who is countered by Azura).

Hector is actually far better on offensive teams I feel. On defensive teams where your units rush to the enemy, tanks with 1-move like Hector and Effie arrive way too late to do anything, because most people let the enemy come to them.

While the calculator certainly isn't 100% correct, can I ask what's wrong with Nowi? I checked before and now again just to make sure and it seems to be right for me.

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

Hector is actually far better on offensive teams I feel. On defensive teams where your units rush to the enemy, tanks with 1-move like Hector and Effie arrive way too late to do anything, because most people let the enemy come to them.

While the calculator certainly isn't 100% correct, can I ask what's wrong with Nowi? I checked before and now again just to make sure and it seems to be right for me.

My reasoning for Hector (and Ryoma and Takumi, Felicia is just there as a personal preference) is for against teams that do not have a healer. Opposing teams will have to take damage from these units in order to progress, and my hope is that my units can deal enough damage and have Hector outlast whoever is left. Actually, the more I think on this, I probably should use Lucina instead of Felicia to counter dragons, but then that's another character I don't have that I need to obtain...

As for Nowi (some math checking later...), I originally concluded she had +DEF and wondered what would be her Bane. However, checking the math again, I did not factor in her +DEF skill, so my Nowi is actually balanced with no Boon or Bane. Alternatively, the Calculator did a stealth update and is now showing proper values.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow... Julia's kinda ridiculous, huh? Or is that just against Dragons?
Makes me wish I'd pulled her today... Just got another Stahl, another Olivia, an Ogma, another Wrys, and another Adult!Tiki, and merged everyone I got dupes of. Was kinda looking forward to getting someone new... Well, I guess Ogma's new...

Also, what's with that other banner? I can't make sense of the selected characters... Adult!Tiki, Fir, Maria and Hawkeye? I'm not seeing any common pattern here.
Alsoalso, Female!Robin's gonna be a Great Hero Battle? Awesome. Wonder who I should start training up for this one...

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow... Julia's kinda ridiculous, huh? Or is that just against Dragons?
Makes me wish I'd pulled her today... Just got another Stahl, another Olivia, an Ogma, another Wrys, and another Adult!Tiki, and merged everyone I got dupes of. Was kinda looking forward to getting someone new... Well, I guess Ogma's new...

Also, what's with that other banner? I can't make sense of the selected characters... Adult!Tiki, Fir, Maria and Hawkeye? I'm not seeing any common pattern here.
Alsoalso, Female!Robin's gonna be a Great Hero Battle? Awesome. Wonder who I should start training up for this one...

The damage against Nowi was expected, but the dumb thing is Dragon Fang's +50% to Attack power, which makes Julia's already ridiculous 52 Attack go through the roof. I didn't get a screenshot, but I was up against a 36 HP Palla that Julia only did 10 damage to in the Training Tower. I managed to get Dragon Fang ready, and that made her just one shot Palla.

Julia is actually not super strong, but she is a direct counter to the two strongest Mages prior to her release, M!Robin and Linde. They are both Blue, and Julia's ridiculous Res just makes them completely irrelevant in front of her. This, combined with Dragon effectiveness and Breath of Life, are enough to actually make her relevant in the current meta. Not as glass cannon as Linde, but still pretty darn good.

I'm not sure if I wanna run Lucina/Julia/Kagerou/Young Tiki or Lucina/Julia/Kagerou/Olivia. I feel like the second team can go very very wrong depending on matchup, while I'm a bit more secure with the first team.

5 hours ago, Blade_of_Light said:

I really wonder what the reasoning was behind the seccond banner though. Amusingly, I already have all of them except Maria.

And I have three freaking Marias. I'm going to collect them.

Got Julia to level 40, and...

"My brother Julius and I are inheritors of a special bloodline. I inherited the Holy Book of Naga... Julius was turned into a terrible demon by the sacred black book... All because of this bloodline... If I, against my own will, became your enemy... When I think about that, I get terrified... But, since you've been with me all this time... If you were to call out to me... I can keep being myself... That's how I feel... So, please keep staying by my side..."

Well... That's kinda heavy, compared to all the other level 40 convos.  Almost feels like some kind of S Support.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Well I already have a leveled up 4 star Hawkeye...I don't really feel the need for the second banner, at least on my end.  You're right, though, it does seem like a strange combination.

As for female Robin...I'm not sure how I feel about these hero battles.  They're so hard that there's no way I can get them on Lunatic and get them 3 star, but even then, it'll be a while to level them up to a 3 star, then level them up again to a usable 4 star.  2* Narcian is already giving me all kinds of problems *sigh* I'm determined to subdue him, however.  It'll be a painful process lol.

43 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Well I already have a leveled up 4 star Hawkeye...I don't really feel the need for the second banner, at least on my end.  You're right, though, it does seem like a strange combination.

As for female Robin...I'm not sure how I feel about these hero battles.  They're so hard that there's no way I can get them on Lunatic and get them 3 star, but even then, it'll be a while to level them up to a 3 star, then level them up again to a usable 4 star.  2* Narcian is already giving me all kinds of problems *sigh* I'm determined to subdue him, however.  It'll be a painful process lol.

You're in the same boat as I am - if you can't overpower them, out-maneuver them.  There should be a thread up for the next boss battle.  Feel free to ask for help there (the earlier, the better).

Used my Arena matches to test stuff out, and Olivia is working wonders. Any problem that could have been solved by having a certain unit, I solved it by just hitting them again. She doesn't even need the 5* to be 100% functional.

I felt like with my old team (Lucina/Camilla/Kagerou/Young Tiki), there was always at least one unit twiddling their thumbs because they couldn't go out anyway, so I think this is for the best. I might still consider using Sharena, however.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

52 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Used my Arena matches to test stuff out, and Olivia is working wonders. Any problem that could have been solved by having a certain unit, I solved it by just hitting them again. She doesn't even need the 5* to be 100% functional.

I felt like with my old team (Lucina/Camilla/Kagerou/Young Tiki), there was always at least one unit twiddling their thumbs because they couldn't go out anyway, so I think this is for the best. I might still consider using Sharena, however.

I've been using 4* Olivia for the past week, and she's probably the most important member on the team, be it allowing me to reposition my units after combat or pulling off the Lyn galeforce combo. She doesn't get any kills, but her support has given me more flawless wins than Elise could ever hope to.

Edit: my godsquad is 5* Lyn and Ephraim and 4* Lilina and Olivia. Takumi and Hector are nothing more than speed bumps (unless it's double takumi)

Edited by Korath88

Ok long post guys but my A team of Camilla and Co gets smoked more often than not, and I don't think I am THAT bad at this game. Two greens and a reliance on Physical is I guess my issue, but I used 60 orbs summon in and got garbage. Screenshots below of the A, B, and C teams I am playing around with/levelling, plus another one showing my roster. Any suggestions? Thanks 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-16-09-52-39.thumb.png.01ef3e0872861b46031e6c8c3031e4c9.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-16-09-52-35.thumb.png.6093dce00b621257163209155084da53.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-16-09-52-44.thumb.png.bf08f888fff87dddb19560b51fa1bbdd.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-16-09-55-24.png

Edited by Herman Bloom

For those who pulled Ephraim or Eirika, how are heir voice clips? Is Eirika's voice fitting ? 'Cause her "If this is war, so be it!" was well-executed (whoah!) but this authoritative tone feels weird with her personality. 

Oh, and by the way, could you post pictures of their arts? I couldn't find them on the internet.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

15 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

Ok long post guys but my A team of Camilla and Co gets smoked more often than not, and I don't think I am THAT bad at this game. Two greens and a reliance on Physical is I guess my issue, but I used 60 orbs summon in and got garbage. Screenshots below of the A, B, and C teams I am playing around with/levelling, plus another one showing my roster. Any suggestions? Thanks

First of all, please put all of those images in spoilers so they don't lag people's phones and stuff.

A reliance on Green is definitely your issue here. Despite the rest of your units being 4* or below, I think you'll have to take a pick between Raven and Camilla and drop the other one. I would personally go with Camilla, just because of the terrain freedom.

As for a replacement, I would suggest Sully. Lucina/Camilla/Sully/Kagerou is a team I used to run, and it's actually quite well-equipped to deal with most threats in the current meta. It's not super reliable in terms of survivability, but at least you won't lose very easily, if that's your problem.

If you have the feathers, I recommend you get Nino to 5* ASAP, then consider replacing Sully with her. Nino is already quite beastly at 4*, but she becomes one of the strongest Mages in the game at 5*, with high Attack and Speed. She's still Green, of course, but the triangle matters less when you're a ranged attacker, so it's fine.