An Explanation of "Choose Your Heroes"

C. Turtle

So, I've seen a handful of people rather confused about what the poll is for, and why we can vote for characters that are already confirmed to be in the game. Which I don't blame them for, the way it was worded in the Direct was rather misleading. Visiting the Choose Your Legends website and selecting "Event Details" explains it much better.

As I understand it, the results of the poll are used in two ways, the first being what was mentioned in the Direct. The top voted male character and top voted female character will have special versions of them in the game, wearing special Choose Your Legends outfits, and will not be available upon release. This is why you are able to vote for characters that have already been confirmed; you aren't voting for the characters to appear in the base game, you're voting for a special version of the character game as a special event after release.

The second use for the poll is special Fire Emblem wallpapers. Throughout the year, a new wallpaper will be distributed each month, starting with the top male and top female in March, then the second male and second female in April, all the way to the tenth male and female in December. As far as I can tell, the site does not make it clear whether the male and female characters will get separate wallpapers, or whether the two will be combine into one wallpaper for the month.

Hopefully that helps clear things up for people. I know I was kinda confused before I read that too. If I've got any of this blatantly wrong, feel free to correct me, and I'll go ahead and update the post with correct information.

Edited by CancerTurtle

I nearly closed this topic on title alone.  I suggest fixing it so that it communicates that you're explaining what Choose Your Heroes is for (for example, "An Explanation of Choose Your Heroes", or something to that effect).

Is there any word or indication of whether repetition votes will count for anything? Like, do thirteen votes for the same character by one person count thirteen times, or are you better off voting for thirteen separate characters?

This has been exceptionally unclear to me and I've yet to encounter any information to clear it up one way or the other. 

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Is there any word or indication of whether repetition votes will count for anything? Like, do thirteen votes for the same character by one person count thirteen times, or are you better off voting for thirteen separate characters?

This has been exceptionally unclear to me and I've yet to encounter any information to clear it up one way or the other. 

As far as I can tell, the site makes no mention of this. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow when we're allowed to vote again whether it lets us vote for the same character multiple times.

i really want to see Who Amy pairs up with if she happens to be the number 1 female XD. and if not appearing in the game, which male she shows up with.

There's also the incentive for voters with My Nintendo accounts: linking their My Nintendo accounts with the Choose Your Legends event before voting allows those voters to get 200 Platinum Points for their My Nintendo accounts after the event ends. Given that 2017 is looking to be a huge year for Fire Emblem, it would be no surprise that there would be exclusive Fire Emblem themed rewards from My Nintendo so those 200 Platinum Points can be huge.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, CancerTurtle said:

As far as I can tell, the site makes no mention of this. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow when we're allowed to vote again whether it lets us vote for the same character multiple times.

So we don't know if we can vote multiple times or for multiple characters, yet?