Assuming Echoes implies a series of re-releases, what do you want next?

Elieson

Select a Game for what you want to be the •Next• in the potential Echoes line  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Select a Game for what you want to be the •Next• in the potential Echoes line

• Dark Dragon and Sword of Light [1]
    • Mystery of the Emblem [3]
    • Genealogy of the Holy War [4]
    • Thracia 776 [5]
    • Binding Blade [6]
    • Blazing Sword [7]
    • Sacred Stones [8]
    • Path of Radiance [9]
    • Radiant Dawn [10]

Which game would you like to see released next in the theoretical Echoes'verse?

I've definitely considered heavily between wanting to see the Judgral world recognized, but I think that Nintendo/IS can do a lot with Fire Emblem Binding Blade. I'd like to see Roy get the love he totally deserves, and since he already exists as an amiibo, I could see him being featured in a release that ties in with the first FE game released internationally being a big hit before the niche audience gets their Judgral fix (plus the VC re-releases of Judgral imply that they might postpone them until later?)

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also of the opinion that if SoV does decently well and Echoes ends up as a subseries, Binding Blade is next. Roy's semi-relevant already, and there are plenty of people who want to see the continuation of FE7 that was foreshadowed in the ending.

Also, may I suggest a topic poll?

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Also, may I suggest a topic poll?

Good idea. Poll added.

Added FEs 1 and 3-10, since 2 already has a dedicated 3DS remake obviously. 1 and 3 getting 11 and 12 for the DS arguably count as "remakes" but since they're not direct tie ins to the potential Echoes series, it's still possible that they may have their own releases, using the 3DS style engine of introducing skills and such. I find it unlikely, but I'm not one to tell people they can't want things~

I reckon if Echoes is a series of remakes then they're going to milk it for what its worth and remake everything. Naturally this will mean starting with the oldest games and working upwards. Hence Holy War will probably be next. If they do go with that I'd love to see it on the switch because damn you could probably make those large maps look freaking beautiful on a proper console.

While I want Genealogy of holy war, I see it as slightly better move to remake Roy's game for the reasons people above have stated above. Nevertheless, any game it may be, I hope it's for the switch and not for the 3DS.

FE4 and 5, they seem really good and Sigurd seems awesome. I just wish he didn't die the way he does. :( That's just horrible. I mean, there should be some deaths in every war story, but this one just seems like it'd make you cry due to how cruel it appears to be.

3 minutes ago, Balanced Ace said:

Would FE 4 and 5 be in one bundle or would both be separate remakes?

By my choice one bundle but considering they split FE3 into two games when that was originally a single one, I'm guessing they'd split em. More boxes on the shelf means more money after all.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, ReaperOW said:

I strongly agree with rebooting Roy's game, He's Fire Emblem's underdog and doesn't get enough love. They could also tied in the FE6 manga characters and plot into his new game.

I don't think the GBA games need this treatment before the SNES ones get it, or even soon. Plus the Manga isn't exactly the most popular thing among the more dedicated FE base, most people I've asked said its "dumb". 

FE6 is mechanically a perfectly serviceable challenge and probably the best balanced of the GBA FEs imo (weapons are generally lighter, swordmaster/berserker crit rates are higher, enemies are actually intimidating), its just held back by a pretty lame story that absolutely underwhelms when compared to its prequel FE7. If it got a remaster I would hope they'd focus more on tightening the story up to make it less Roy and Merlinus Do Elibe and bring it up to modern standards, but even in that light FE4 and 5 need it more due to lack of supports and how important inter-character interactions are with those games' stories (helloooo Lachesis/Finn/Beowulf love triangle).

FE5 and NOT FE4. I stand by that a FE4 remake would be terrible. FE8 would also be nice.

wheres the option for remake fates but make the story good

2 minutes ago, Darros said:

FE5 and NOT FE4. I stand by that a FE4 remake would be terrible. FE8 would also be nice.

Why so?

FE4 would be pretty good as a remake if they fix the garbage weapon balance, remove all the cryptic content and make the enemies a tad more smarter than just having groups bumrushing you.

1 minute ago, Darros said:

Why do you think an FE4 remake would be terrible, Darros? I know modernizing and streamlining a lot of its over the top balance jank would honestly rob the game of its charm, but updating the story at least and providing stuff like support convos can only be a good thing for it imo.

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why so?

I'll start by elaborating that this is a very personal opinion as FE4 is my favorite video game of all time. I don't think many (if any) people agree with me. A lot of the "clunkier" parts of FE4 are what made it so great. I feel like if they were to remake it they'd botch a lot of that by cutting up maps/giving everyone pursuit/adding an avatar character would really reduce the quality of the game. It could be good if they were going to be super faithful to the original but staying super faithful has already proven not to work for FE.

1 minute ago, CappnRob said:

Why do you think an FE4 remake would be terrible, Darros? I know modernizing and streamlining a lot of its over the top balance jank would honestly rob the game of its charm, but updating the story at least and providing stuff like support convos can only be a good thing for it imo.

Updating the story I think would do it a major disservice. Support convos I can actually see as being a positive change actually but I think too much overhauling would just take away from the integrity of the game.

Edited by Darros

But FE4 is a frustrating example of a lot of the story being like, locked away in editor's notes, artbooks, and stuff like that. Things feel really half baked in a lot of areas and you can tell where there was supposed to be more but wasn't.

I wouldn't want FE4's story CHANGED, mind. Just all the missing bits that've been scrambled around the four corners of the earth put back into place and maybe some expansion on less developed ideas (like how Lex and Azel are buddies with Tiltyu, or Azel and Alvis's uncomfortable backstory. Or Alvis reacting in any capacity at all to killing his brother at Barhara :Y).

Totally agreed on modernizing and streamlining FE4 would ruin it though. FE4 isn't FE4 without ridiculous growth rates and huge maps and janky weapon balance. Maybe if they remade it with an "Original" and "Arrange" mode where Original is the untouched classic and Arrange is an attempt to reel in the crazy for less patient players.

by the by, Darros, Genealogy is in my top 3 favorite FEs, I know how you feel :) (my tag says FE7 is my favorite and it is, but so is 4, as well as 3).

Edited by CappnRob

1 minute ago, Darros said:

I'll start by elaborating that this is a very personal opinion as FE4 is my favorite video game of all time. I don't think many (if any) people agree with me. A lot of the "clunkier" parts of FE4 are what made it so great. I feel like if they were to remake it they'd botch a lot of that by cutting up maps/giving everyone pursuit/adding an avatar character would really reduce the quality of the game. It could be good if they were going to be super faithful to the original but staying super faithful has already proven not to work for FE.

Well I'm of the opinion that more Jugdral is better than no Jugdral so I wouldn't care all that much if they butchered the mechanics, the original will still always be there. With that said I wouldn't be against an entirely faithful update and I don't reckon it's as far fetched as you think. The reason (some) people didn't enjoy the faithfulness of Shadow Dragon's gameplay was because it had absolutely nothing that stood out compared to the more modern games (aside from reclassing which a lot of people just ignored). It was basically the newer games but with less stuff. Holy War has enough distinguishing features in its gameplay that it would get around that problem. If Echoes does well I could easily see them making a version of Holy War that just rebalances the weapon triangle and gives a sleeker UI (you're probably right about giving everyone Pursuit too but judging by this thread I made, the majority would consider that a good thing).

FE6 is still perfectly playable (assuming you wink wink nod nod, say no more know how to get it), so I'd like to see FE4 and 5 made first.

They could straight port FE7 onwards, where the issue isn't them being outdated, since I think GBA onwards has aged extremely well, the issue is just finding a legit copy.