Thoughts as to how they are going to handle the Jagen Archetype in Fire Emblem: Heroes

Gima

The Jagen Archetype in Fire Emblem: Heroes  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think that they are going to handle the Jagen archetype here?

• Theory 1
    • Theory 2
    • Theory 3
    • Something else (post down below)

Obviously, if they stay true to the original character's stats, then characters of the Jagen archetype will be something of an odd duck, since you could very well be getting them hundreds of hours into the game.

I have three theories as to how they are going to handle this. (Not differentiating between Jagens and Oifeys here since apparently IS doesn't.)

One, Jagens will be higher star units by default who have average stats for their star level. Most gatcha games (at least the ones I've played) start you off with one rarer unit: the Jagen will be that unit.

Two, Jagens will be lower star units with higher than average stats for their star level, who level out as they reach higher star rankings, or, true to the games, begin to have lower than average stats for their star level. In my mind the latter would be an incessantly cheap move, and the former would be annoying if PVP is a thing.

Three, Jagens will be treated just like any other unit. This is boring and potentially overlaps with number one, but it's a possibility and worth noting.

Thoughts?

Edited by Gima
I haven't been on this website for years, does it not have any spoiler boxes? Wow.

TBH I don't think there's gonna be enough depth of gameplay for Jeigans to be used in the traditional sense. But really there's no way to know until it comes out and we find out for ourselves...

Echoing @BANRYU but I think there won't be archetypes in the game. If anything, mayyybe Anna being sort of a Jagen. But I think these units will be treated in the same way. For instance, I saw Lyn and Takumi being 5*, there's a chance they're only 5* and don't have inferior versions. That said, some of them might be the same way, for instance, Jakob was seen being summomed as 4*. So basically we just have to wait.

Yeah, theory three is sort of meant to account for that, too. I don't think that is game is going to be so simple as to disallow for this kind of thing, but others might disagree, yeah.