If Ike wins the poll for males or gets in the top 10...which design gets used?

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Well, I mean, you do choose the game first, unless you just vote randomly.

He isn't insulting you. You're just being very stubborn in the face of what should be more than satisfactory evidence and the experience of people who have played these kinds of games and it is relatively frustrating.

If I had a way, I would literally bet money that we are correct.

You do choose the game first, but you won't recognize that each version of the character is being counted separately (as they almost definitely are) if you are not familiar with gachas. Which is insane and why I'm upset. As stated before, it should be noted under the event details, or even in the Direct itself.

Edit: I also would like to agree to disagree. This argument is not getting anywhere, and both parties are right in some way (Anacybele in that nothing is confirmed, everyone else in that sadly it is likely the case.)

Edited by Gima

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gima said:

You do choose the game first, but you won't recognize that each version of the character is being counted separately (as they almost definitely are) if you are not familiar with gachas. Which is insane and why I'm upset. As stated before, it should be noted under the event details, or even in the Direct itself.

Yes, you do choose the game first, but the poll doesn't acknowledge that when it registers your vote and you share the vote on Facebook or whatever, which is why I'm not completely inclined to agree. And I'm upset because people won't just accept that I don't agree for this reason.

I do agree that it should've been made clearer from the start though.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yes, you do choose the game first, but the poll doesn't acknowledge that when it registers your vote and you share the vote on Facebook or whatever, which is why I'm not completely inclined to agree. And I'm upset because people won't just accept that I don't agree for this reason.

Again, I understand where you're coming from. it's not confirmed, not explicitly stated, and the way in which it works doesn't even really make any sense. But it seems to be the case.

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

Again, I understand where you're coming from. it's not confirmed, not explicitly stated, and the way in which it works doesn't even really make any sense. But it seems to be the case.

Yeah, and that's why I do think the way this poll works should've been made clearer than it is. I think it should've been set up NOT by game, but simply by alphabetical order or something like that. Each character would have one slot, no multiple images/designs showing up.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and that's why I do think the way this poll works should've been made clearer than it is. I think it should've been done NOT by game, but simply by alphabetical order or something like that. Each character would have one slot, no multiple images/designs showing up.

Then I agree with you.

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

By WHAT logic? If PoR Ike wins the poll, why would they do a design based on RD Ike, then? Explain to me what 'logic' I'm missing here :\

They did really gave an option for both PoR Ike and RD Ike? Because that seems pointless in my book.

I don't know really but I would issume most people would prefer Hero Ike or Vanguard Ike over Ranger Ike. I mean, I far as I can tell, most people prefer the RD Ike over PoR and they just knew Ike with his RD design.

Also, for what I've seen, if a character has different designs in multiple games, the most recent one is the one picked. Like why Vanguard Ike is in Smash 4 and not Hero or Ranger Ike.

But maybe I'm just talking nonsense, I'm just assuming things here.

Also would said this is guarenteed to be Ike's old designs. It could sure as hell be something entirely new or one of his smash costumes for that matters.

Edited by Nym

Actually, Hero Ike is what's in Smash. Vanguard Ike is what Hero Ike promoted to in RD... He's just called Vanguard in Fates because there's already a separate Hero class.

Based on the evidence given, namely that both young Tiki and adult Tiki are separate characters in the game, I'd hazard a guess and say that separate versions of characters, such as hailing from a different game (like PoR Ike vs. RD Ike) or if they change over the game (like Gen 1 Finn vs. Gen 2 Finn), are going to be counted as separate characters. Of course, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's guaranteed, seeing as how unclear the voting system for the poll has been.

That said, I feel it would probably be a bit fairer if the different versions were counted as one for the sake of the poll, and then if the character won, whichever version got more votes was the version they used. Say, if Ike got the most votes in total between the two versions, but PoR Ike got 30 votes and RD Ike got 70 votes (gigantic underestimate for the sake of the example), then they'd base the special Choose Your Heroes unit on RD Ike. That seems like the fairest approach to me, but I have a feeling they're going to go with the method already suggested by many others in the thread.

I dunno, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, unless IS themselves decides to clarify for us.

23 minutes ago, Nym said:

Also, for what I've seen, if a character has different designs in multiple games, the most recent one is the one picked. Like why Vanguard Ike is in Smash 4 and not Hero or Ranger Ike.

I hope you don't mind me quoting myself:

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Actually, this type of games tend to have multiple versions of a single character so both Ikes could easily be playable (possibly alongside Summer Ike, Christmas Ike and/or some other kind of seasonal or special edition Ike if Heroes decides to go that route). (the two different Tikis already suggests this is a thing in Heroes)

This even would make a certain kind of sense since the premise of the game is you, the summoner, summoning FE cast from the various worlds so summoning two versions of one person from different points in time wouldn't be that weird. Honestly it would make more sense to me story-wise than the Avatar logbook and other similar stuff in Fates and Awakening.

Basically, the "two Ikes count as different characters" argument makes sense when you have the knowledge of how this type of games generally work (at least, it could make sense to others for different reasons).
Anyways, I do agree with Gima and Ana that it's not explained well enough and that there isn't "100% guarantee" one way or the other. There is, however, an immense amount of similar cases which do imply that all different versions of a single character would count separately.

To actually answer Ana's thread topic, if the votes indeed do all count for a single "Ike", I would expect the Ike that gets more votes to be featured for the calendar art. After all, They could almost certainly trace how the votes were divided between the different versions. Alternatively, the art could also feature both. (This goes to all characters with different versions, of course)

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I hope you don't mind me quoting myself:

Basically, the "two Ikes count as different characters" argument makes sense when you have the knowledge of how this type of games generally work (at least, it could make sense to others for different reasons).
Anyways, I do agree with Gima and Ana that it's not explained well enough and that there isn't "100% guarantee" one way or the other. There is, however, an immense amount of similar cases which do imply that all different versions of a single character would count separately.

To actually answer Ana's thread topic, if the votes indeed do all count for a single "Ike", I would expect the Ike that gets more votes to be featured for the calendar art. After all, They could almost certainly trace how the votes were divided between the different versions. Alternatively, the art could also feature both. (This goes to all characters with different versions, of course)

That reminds me of melee when you get both Link and Young Link, when both have differences but unfortunately one turns out to be better than the other.

I just hope for the sake of the game that they gave good options for both characters. Nobody wants to call a character a ''noobtrap''.