If Ike wins the poll for males or gets in the top 10...which design gets used?

Anacybele

So guys, the poll for FE: Heroes is to determine which male and female character gets to wear special outfits in the game. And the top ten of each gender will also get phone wallpapers.

However, Ike is pretty popular, and may even be a shoe-in for top ten at least. But he's got two iconic designs, Ranger Ike in his debut in PoR, and Hero Ike in RD three years later (both literally and game-wise lol, since RD takes place three years after PoR, and RD actually released three years after PoR!). Ranger Ike became recognizable thanks to Smash Bros. Brawl and PoR being his debut game, and then when Smash Wii U/3DS came, he used his RD Hero design instead, and now the Ike Amiibo does as well, which resulted in RD Ike being used in FE Fates and Codename Steam.

Which do you think would be used for the special outfit and wallpaper if he wins? It's easy to lean towards PoR Ike because he's shown in one of the group artworks for the game, but you can't deny that RD Ike has become just as recognizable lately. I'm honestly inclined to believe BOTH might get the treatment. The wallpaper will have both drawn together like that one Senri Kita art that had them standing back-to-back for an art book, and in Heroes, both can wear the special outfit, it just might depend on which one is summoned to your game first, or you can be allowed to choose between the two before bringing one in.

I mean, there's also the fact that not everyone prefers one design over the other. Some people like myself prefer RD Ike, others prefer PoR Ike. The easiest way to cater to all those who voted Ike would be to just use both designs in some way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

I mean, I'd have thought it'd matter on which version won. If the one in PoR wins that they'll use Ranger Ike

If RD wins they'll use Vanguard Ike

But we don't know if they're actually counted separately or not. And there's a chance they actually aren't being counted separately, because when I voted for Ike, even though I technically picked RD Ike, it simply said "you chose Ike!" not "you chose RD Ike!" or "you chose Hero Ike!" it's also a matter if both designs are separate characters in the game, which would just be awkward.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

I'd like his vanguard design but if he won I'm sure they'd use his hero design since that's what is in smash and fates.

Yeah, Vanguard Ike is actually my top favorite Ike design of all, but I'm definitely cool with Hero Ike too, because it's still RD Ike. :3

Just now, Anacybele said:

But we don't know if they're actually counted separately or not.

At this point Im assuming so, If they use the same design, Maybe not (So voting for Camus in New Mystery or shadow Dragon is the same) But then if they're diffrent such as the 3 Finns they'll use the one based of which won such as his Thracia over his Genealogy part 1 maybe. Or if one of the 6 Anna's win, only RD, Awakening and Fates will affect it as Shadow dragon and New mystery are the same.

That's the operating on the Same character crisis.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Vanguard Ike is actually my top favorite Ike design of all, but I'm definitely cool with Hero Ike too, because it's still RD Ike. :3

I wonder if the made fourth tiers what class would Ike have? I'd call it Guardian or Savior.

Just now, Dinar87 said:

I wonder if the made fourth tiers what class would Ike have? I'd call it Guardian or Savior.

I dunno, really, but I'd probably be a bit more boring and go Commander or something like that. :P I don't think a fourth tier is necessary anyway though. Third tiers seem super powerful enough!

I dunno, really, but I'd probably be a bit more boring and go Commander or something like that. :P I don't think a fourth tier is necessary anyway though. Third tiers seem super powerful enough!

Let's hope third tiers make a return in gaiden! It'd be awesome if they went full radiant dawn and had every class type (y'know, mage, cavalier, fighter, thief, etc...) have two promotions.

Just now, Ema Skye said:

Considering Ike appears multiple times in the poll, I guarantee they'll pick the version that gets more votes.

But you can't guarantee it. :/ You don't run the poll or anything. And like I said my vote registered as simply "you chose Ike!" not "you chose RD Ike/Hero Ike!"

But you can't guarantee it. :/ You don't run the poll or anything. And like I said my vote registered as simply "you chose Ike!" not "you chose RD Ike/Hero Ike!"

There's the picture of the character. That's all you need to prove it.

11 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

I mean, I'd have thought it'd matter on which version won. If the one in PoR wins that they'll use Ranger Ike

If RD wins they'll use Vanguard Ike

^ this

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But we don't know if they're actually counted separately or not. And there's a chance they actually aren't being counted separately, because when I voted for Ike, even though I technically picked RD Ike, it simply said "you chose Ike!" not "you chose RD Ike!" or "you chose Hero Ike!" it's also a matter if both designs are separate characters in the game, which would just be awkward.

3 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

Considering Ike appears multiple times in the poll, I guarantee they'll pick the version that gets more votes.

^ and this

/thread

Ana, it's literally self-evident in the fact that both options are available. Why would they give both options if they were going to turn around and choose the other option as opposed to the option that won? That sounds like a good way to piss off or disappoint the majority who voted for it, which last I checked is generally a bad thing with a prospective consumer base. We already know that multiple versions of the same character are not out of the question, since we saw both babby and adult versions of Tiki in the Direct, so I don't see how it's even remotely dubious that the Ike that gets represented if he wins would be THE ONE THAT PEOPLE VOTE FOR. 

I know you feel like you have to justify the existence of your thread beyond the simple answer given that answers your simple question, but the question is a lot more cut-and-dry than you think it is, and it's been answered already. There's not really any mystery to it beyond what's been said already, anything else is just beating off the dead horse. If you're THAT intent on wondering about it even though the answer to your question is obvious, go right on ahead, but be aware that there's not much discussion to be had on the subject beyond what's already been said. 

Edited by BANRYU

By logic, if a characters has aged, well they gonna sure take the older version than the young version. 

Except if you are Tiki, of course.

12 minutes ago, Nym said:

By logic, if a characters has aged, well they gonna sure take the older version than the young version. 

Except if you are Tiki, of course.

By WHAT logic? If PoR Ike wins the poll, why would they do a design based on RD Ike, then? Explain to me what 'logic' I'm missing here :\

Actually, this type of games tend to have multiple versions of a single character so both Ikes could easily be playable (possibly alongside Summer Ike, Christmas Ike and/or some other kind of seasonal or special edition Ike if Heroes decides to go that route). (the two different Tikis already suggests this is a thing in Heroes)

This even would make a certain kind of sense since the premise of the game is you, the summoner, summoning FE cast from the various worlds so summoning two versions of one person from different points in time wouldn't be that weird. Honestly it would make more sense to me story-wise than the Avatar logbook and other similar stuff in Fates and Awakening.

With that in mind, I'm inclined to agree the two Ikes count as separate characters and the design that wins gets used, unless we get confirmation on the contrary.

53 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Ana, it's literally self-evident in the fact that both options are available. Why would they give both options if they were going to turn around and choose the other option as opposed to the option that won? That sounds like a good way to piss off or disappoint the majority who voted for it, which last I checked is generally a bad thing with a prospective consumer base. We already know that multiple versions of the same character are not out of the question, since we saw both babby and adult versions of Tiki in the Direct, so I don't see how it's even remotely dubious that the Ike that gets represented if he wins would be THE ONE THAT PEOPLE VOTE FOR. 

I know you feel like you have to justify the existence of your thread beyond the simple answer given that answers your simple question, but the question is a lot more cut-and-dry than you think it is, and it's been answered already. There's not really any mystery to it beyond what's been said already, anything else is just beating off the dead horse. If you're THAT intent on wondering about it even though the answer to your question is obvious, go right on ahead, but be aware that there's not much discussion to be had on the subject beyond what's already been said. 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You don't run the poll or anything. And like I said my vote registered as simply "you chose Ike!" not "you chose RD Ike/Hero Ike!"

Again, you seem to be ignoring this.^

I shouldn't need to justify the existence of my thread when there's plenty of discussion and no proof of anything.

I'd like it if they used his artwork for the Awakening DLC. Whilst not necessarily the most common appearance for him, I think it'd offer a unique angle to his design. It would also allow him to contrast from other bulky swordsmen too!

...The sad part is that it's completely possible given how this poll has been handled in general that votes for the same character in different games are counted separately, leading to a landslide victory by Tharja in spite of the fact that Ike won more votes. (Just to give an example. ;):)

That's something that they really should have made clear at the outset, but not that I would put past them.

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'd like it if they used his artwork for the Awakening DLC. Whilst not necessarily the most common appearance for him, I think it'd offer a unique angle to his design. It would also allow him to contrast from other bulky swordsmen too!

Oh god, NO. Not only is this design hated by a lot of people, including myself, it's not even bulky! xP That Ike is scrawnier than his PoR self.

Gima: Man, I hope something like that doesn't happen. That would just be plain unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh god, NO. Not only is this design hated by a lot of people, including myself, it's not even bulky! xP That Ike is scrawnier than his PoR self.

I personally quite like it! Its originality is something that I'd definitely like to see again! I guess differing opinions will differ!

Edited by Shin