If Ike wins the poll for males or gets in the top 10...which design gets used?

Anacybele

Just now, Shin said:

I personally quite like it! Its originality is something that I'd definitely like to see again! I guess differing opinions will differ!

Originality, okay, that's fine. The artwork isn't hated for that, really. It's hated because it looks like Ike has a literal sword-hand, and because he seems short and scrawny when he's more often depicted as bulkier and strong. But yeah, differing opinions will differ, and it IS a different take on him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, you seem to be ignoring this.^

I shouldn't need to justify the existence of my thread when there's plenty of discussion and no proof of anything.

Except @BANRYU, and the others who have said it, are correct. You very clearly are casting votes for PoR Ike or RD Ike. The company who is developing this game are fine with multiple versions of the same character, as evidenced by our two Tikis. Masked Marth is a separate character from Lucina, you have the RD versions of all of the PoR characters. Every game's characters are a separate options. I may not run the game, but I'll guarantee it as well.

Just to entertain you, this also means two of the top spots could both go to Ike and you'd get both of them for the calendars.

7 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Except @BANRYU, and the others who have said it, are correct. You very clearly are casting votes for PoR Ike or RD Ike. The company who is developing this game are fine with multiple versions of the same character, as evidenced by our two Tikis. Masked Marth is a separate character from Lucina, you have the RD versions of all of the PoR characters. Every game's characters are a separate options. I may not run the game, but I'll guarantee it as well.

Just to entertain you, this also means two of the top spots could both go to Ike and you'd get both of them for the calendars.

Why is everyone acting like they know everything and are running the poll? There's NO confirmation, we can only speculate, and LIKE I SAID, my vote registered as a vote simply for Ike, not RD Ike or PoR Ike. Why do you all keep ignoring this?

Masked Marth and Lucina are different names, even though they're actually the same character. It'll say "you chose Masked Marth" or "you chose Lucina" But regardless of which Ike you voted for, it'll say "you chose Ike" This is the difference here and why I think the most likely case is that both designs would be used if Ike wins.

Two spots going to one character wouldn't be fair to characters who only have one design, like Chrom. And this is coming from someone who dislikes him.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is everyone acting like they know everything and are running the poll? There's NO confirmation, we can only speculate, and LIKE I SAID, my vote registered as a vote simply for Ike, not RD Ike or PoR Ike. Why do you all keep ignoring this?

Masked Marth and Lucina are different names, even though they're actually the same character. It'll say "you chose Masked Marth" or "you chose Lucina" But regardless of which Ike you voted for, it'll say "you chose Ike" This is the difference here and why I think the most likely case is that both designs would be used if Ike wins.

Two spots going to one character wouldn't be fair to characters who only have one design, like Chrom. And this is coming from someone who dislikes him.

We're not acting like we know everything and are running the poll. This is nothing but common sense and familiarity with these kinds of games. Here are a few links for you:

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series/109/heroes

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series/110/heroes

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series/109/heroes/109001

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/series/110/heroes/110006

The first two links are, respectively, the links to the character select screen of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. The second two are the Ikes of their respective games. You are voting for two separate versions of the same character. I am a million percent confident in that. Here is a fun one, for you. Go look at FE4, there are literally two different Finns right next to each other, and a third Finn in the FE5 selection. Again, I am a million percent confident that all three of these will have their votes counted separately. There is zero reason to split them up, otherwise.

As for how fair two spots going to one character would be? It is entirely fair in that both versions of that character have to compete with everything else.

Edited by Suichimo

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's basic logic. Why do you think they placed the two versions of Ike in the poll other than to decide which version is more popular?

If this isn't the reason, the it would that Ike has two slots in poll for no reason. It would also be unfair to characters like Chrom, who only have one slot in the poll.

Edited by Water Mage

Why would they say you voted for just Ike and not specifically RD Ike or PoR Ike after registering said vote then? I feel like they only included both because he appears in both games and each cast is separated by game, nothing more. There's no reason to separate the votes for the two when it's the same character, just different looks. If Ike wins, both designs can be used in the way I suggested. This is what's common sense and pure logic.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would they say you voted for just Ike and not specifically RD Ike or PoR Ike after registering said vote then? I feel like they only included both because he appears in both games, nothing more. There's no reason to separate the votes for the two when it's the same character, just different looks. If Ike wins, both designs can be used in the way I suggested. This is what's common sense and pure logic.

They say you voted for Ike and then show either PoR Ike or RD Ike's picture indicating which one you voted for. It is extremely common, as has been said, for these types of games to let you use multiple versions of the same character.

Just now, Suichimo said:

They say you voted for Ike and then show either PoR Ike or RD Ike's picture indicating which one you voted for. It is extremely common, as has been said, for these types of games to let you use multiple versions of the same character.

They still don't say that I voted specifically for that Ike, and that's why I'm not completely agreeing.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

They still don't say that I voted specifically for that Ike, and that's why I'm not completely agreeing.

The picture is what is specifying it...

Again, if I had something to put at stake I would. I guarantee you that we're correct on this.

Edit: Actually just realized the perfect example. Go look at the gacha title Dokkan Battle. It is a Dragon Ball Z gacha and has several different versions of each character.

Edited by Suichimo

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's no reason to separate the votes for the two when it's the same character, just different looks. 

This is what everyone here is saying. There's no reason for Ike to have two slots in the poll if it is for same character, it gives Ike an unfair advantage, so the next logical assumption is that Ike has two slots in order to decide which version is more popular. They are treating both versions of Ike as two different characters. As for why they don't say "You voted for PoR Ike" or "You voted for RD Ike" is probably because they either forgot or though it wasn't important.

Edited by Water Mage

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

This is what everyone here is saying. There's no reason for Ike to have two slots in the poll if it is for same character, it gives Ike an unfair advantage, so the next logical assumption is that Ike has two slots in order to decide which version is more popular. They are treating both versions of Ike as two different characters. As for why they don't say "You voted for PoR Ike" or "You voted for RD Ike" is probably because they either forgot or though it wasn't important.

Yes, I'm saying Ike having two slots in the poll is unfair, but you're saying Ike has two slots to see who is more popular. Yet you claim to agree that Ike having two slots is unfair. You're making no sense and just contradicting yourself. The most logical thing is that the votes for both will count as one, because as stated before, PoR and RD Ike having more votes combined than, say Marth, but Marth wins the poll anyway because he has more votes than either Ike separately would not be fair. Ike would've still been the true winner because he had more votes overall.

7 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

I guarantee you that we're correct on this.

You still can't guarantee anything because you don't run the poll.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I'm saying Ike having two slots in the poll is unfair, but you're saying Ike has two slots to see who is more popular. Yet you claim to agree that Ike having two slots is unfair. You're making no sense and just contradicting yourself.

Listen, I am not contradicting myself. I said that it would be unfair for Ike to have different slots in the poll, so it's only logical to assume that the actual reason that he has two slots in the poll is to decide which version is more popular, so it would not be unfair. These two assumptions do not contradict each other.

Edited by Water Mage

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Listen, I am not contradicting myself. I said that it would be unfair for Ike to have different slots in the poll, so it's only logical to assume that the actual reason that he has two slots in the poll is to decide which version is more popular, so it would not be unfair. These two assumptions do not contradict each other.

It would still be unfair, because like I said, what if Ike's combined votes actually total to more than the chosen winner, regardless of who voted for which Ike? I bet you a lot of Ike fans would complain about that.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I'm saying Ike having two slots in the poll is unfair, but you're saying Ike has two slots to see who is more popular. Yet you claim to agree that Ike having two slots is unfair. You're making no sense and just contradicting yourself. The most logical thing is that the votes for both will count as one, because as stated before, PoR and RD Ike having more votes combined than, say Marth, but Marth wins the poll anyway because he has more votes than either Ike separately would not be fair. Ike would've still been the true winner because he had more votes overall.

No, what he is saying is that voting for "Ike", in that voting for either Ike funnels the votes into just the one, is unfair. In your example, you're not voting for Ike vs. Marth, your voting for Ike(FE9) vs. Ike(FE10) vs. Marth(FE1) vs. Marth(FE3) and in the final product, all four of these characters will be their own distinct characters with their own stats, skills, and abilities.

Going back to my example, from what I can tell as I haven't played it, Vegeta in Dokkan Battle has 46! different usable versions. You can have a team that consists of nothing but different Vegetas.

It would still be unfair, because like I said, what if Ike's combined votes actually total to more than the chosen winner, regardless of who voted for which Ike? I bet you a lot of Ike fans would complain about that.

Then so be it. Again, the poll is very distinctly set up to have multiple versions of characters get separate votes.

Edited by Suichimo

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that Ike only has one slot in the poll, and that voting for either Ike counts for that one slot, because as you all are saying, Ike having two slots is unfair. In my example, you're voting for Marth vs Ike, not Marth vs PoR Ike vs RD Ike. The latter is what you two seem to be saying is the case since you keep claiming the votes for both Ikes are separated.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really think that they would combine the votes of the two different Ikes. It's much more likely that they see PoR Ike and RD Ike as two different characters.

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

No, what he is saying is that voting for "Ike", in that voting for either Ike funnels the votes into just the one, is unfair. In your example, you're not voting for Ike vs. Marth, your voting for Ike(FE9) vs. Ike(FE10) vs. Marth(FE1) vs. Marth(FE3) and in the final product, all four of these characters will be their own distinct characters with their own stats, skills, and abilities.

Yes! That's exactly what I meant!

21 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

As for why they don't say "You voted for PoR Ike" or "You voted for RD Ike" is probably because they either forgot or though it wasn't important.

There's also the thing that both Ikes are, in fact, named Ike. It's a very easy oversight (honestly I'm not convinced it would even count as one all things considered) to make really.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The thing you continue to fail to understand is that we don't have to RUN the poll to understand the logic and mindset of the people who ARE operating it; it's not exactly like they're making a big mystery of it. 

So can you not... like... continue being this close-minded about this....?? This topic has literally just become everyone telling you the same answer to your question, and you refusing to accept it because of a self-imposed lack of evidence. 

...Guys, think. A character with two slots is not getting twice the votes, in fact it is more likely that they are getting less. Because someone who just, say, opens up the poll without realizing that each slot is counted separately is going to vote for Marth. Not Shadow Dragon Marth, not Mystery of the Emblem Marth. Marth. This is even true if they prefer the Mystery of the Emblem version of the character! More than one slot only means anything if Intelligent Systems programs the randomizer to count Shadow Dragon Marth and Mystery of the Emblem Marth separately, in which case that's bad design if they're both the same character in terms of how they're counted. 

Also worth noting: Yes, these characters are going to have separate versions. No, that does not necessarily mean anything, as logically speaking Intelligent Systems could just use either version of the character as a basis for the "outfit"s design.

Edited by Gima

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

The thing you continue to fail to understand is that we don't have to RUN the poll to understand the logic and mindset of the people who ARE operating it; it's not exactly like they're making a big mystery of it. 

So can you not... like... continue being this close-minded about this....?? This topic has literally just become everyone telling you the same answer to your question, and you refusing to accept it because of a self-imposed lack of evidence. 

Now you're just going to insult me? Why do I even bother?

And what Gima just said makes sense. I've been saying that I feel like Ike would have "less" votes if he got two slots because of both his designs being counted separately instead of as one character and one slot, because some Ike fans would vote PoR Ike and others would vote RD Ike. Not all Ike fans will vote only one or the other. And what about Ike fans that like both designs equally? If both are counted separately, they're splitting Ike's vote count in half which is not fair.

Say 50 people voted PoR Ike, and 50 voted RD Ike. Ike has 100 votes total here. Marth has, say 60 votes. You'd think Ike would be chosen as the winner, right? But if both Ikes are counted separately, he wouldn't be, and that's practically shafting him out of what's truly a victory for him, simply because his two designs separately had less votes. That's bad design.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Gima said:

...Guys, think. A character with two slots is not getting twice the votes, in fact it is more likely that they are getting less. Because someone who just, say, opens up the poll without realizing that each slot is counted separately is going to vote for Marth. Not Shadow Dragon Marth, not Mystery of the Emblem Marth. Marth. This is even true if they prefer the Mystery of the Emblem version of the character! More than one slot only means anything if Intelligent Systems programs the randomizer to count Shadow Dragon Marth and Mystery of the Emblem Marth separately, in which case that's bad design if they're both the same character in terms of how they're counted. 

Well, I mean, you do choose the game first, unless you just vote randomly.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Now you're just going to insult me? Why do I even bother?

He isn't insulting you. You're just being very stubborn in the face of what should be more than satisfactory evidence and the experience of people who have played these kinds of games and it is relatively frustrating.

If I had a way, I would literally bet money that we are correct.

Just now, Suichimo said:

Well, I mean, you do choose the game first, unless you just vote randomly.

He isn't insulting you. You're just being very stubborn in the face of what should be more than satisfactory evidence and the experience of people who have played these kinds of games and it is relatively frustrating.

If I had a way, I would literally bet money that we are correct.

And you COULD be correct, but there's no confirmation, yet you're saying there is. I simply don't agree that there's enough evidence and I already said why, but you keep saying that I'm wrong when nothing has said that I'm wrong. I could be wrong, I could be right, you could be wrong, you could be right. We can only agree to disagree.