Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

(and that none of them is from Fates or is named Camilla).

Even if said character from Fates was Takumi or Leo? 

Or - even better - Corrin? :')

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've never minded Ike being a beefcake, but honestly, I always hated his sprite in Radiant Dawn; he just looks dead inside, and that's only cemented when he bloody leaves forever at the end of the game. Way to be a big brother, Ikey.

I actually agree with this. It doesn't help that he doesn't seem to have any emotions.

No really, I can't remember a part where Ike was truly able to show any kind of emotion in RD, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Busterman64 said:

I honestly wonder why he left in the first place...he seemed fine with the life of a mercenary. 

I always tought he did that because he begun to belive that there may have been other continents outside of Tellius, after the events of RD, but, again, these are just toughts of mine.

Regarding the Top 3, I'm happy to see Lucina and surprised to see Lyn at the Top, altough now I'm expecting to see this ranking change in the followings days

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, UdoGudo said:

Holy crap my sides!

Also apparently the number one spot for both male and female will get a special costume for the game and the rest of the top ten will be in a calendar wallpaper. I hope they don't give Lyn some battle panties or something for her costume.

Wouldn't battle panties be an upgrade because she's, you know, not wearing any underwear? I wonder if that plays any part in her high placement on the list here.

Just now, Thane said:

Wouldn't battle panties be an upgrade because she's, you know, not wearing any underwear? I wonder if that plays any part in her high placement on the list here.

Given the upgrade her breasts got I hope she's at least wearing a bra, otherwise her back is really going to hurt.

7 minutes ago, UdoGudo said:

Given the upgrade her breasts got I hope she's at least wearing a bra, otherwise her back is really going to hurt.

I actually believe someone here said she doesn't, or you can't see one in her damaged portrait, though I haven't bothered to check. 

Still pretty sure those portraits will help quite a few characters on that list. I've seen people drooling over Lyn, Lucina and Lon'qu saying things like "thanks Nintendo".

6 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

What are your opinions on how Lyn's voice sounds? 

A bit too laid back, perhaps, but honestly, Lyn's rather bland so I'm not sure what she should sound like in the first place. I think the only one I don't really like so far is Lilina's because she sounds like a 50-year-old trying to sound like a 15-year-old. 

Edited by Thane

11 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

(video)

An improvement over her English voice in Super Smash Bros. Brawl/4 at the very least in my honest opinion.

9:50 for Lyn

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

An improvement over her English voice in Super Smash Bros. Brawl/4 at the very least in my honest opinion.

I'll agree with you there. That sounded WAY too old for her at least this voice sound like it fits her age but I wish it wasn't so relaxed.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

17 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

OH I saw Marth at the end! Why the hell is he wielding a Silver Sword ?!

She sounds better than in the last trailer, I found she sounded too mature, but she's okay now.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

OH I saw Marth at the end! Why the hell is he wielding a Silver Sword ?!

Characters have different weapons, stats, and skills equipped when you first summon them (based on their original star ratings). And I think those can be changed as you level up the character or something.

46 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Reminds me of this piece of fanart here:

egKPQOZ.jpg

Source

*Facedesks* XD

Like I said, where's the resemblance.

But yeah, Lyn sounds way too relax. Her voice is fine, but the delivery is the problem.

7 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

*Facedesks* XD

Like I said, where's the resemblance.

This. Not being a fan of muscles is one thing, but calling RD Ike a gorilla was just unnecessary and dumb. I don't see any resemblance either. I feel like Japanese people don't understand the average build for a western white man who's done maybe a few months' worth of body-building. RD Ike is clearly western-styled in his facial structure and build.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

OK, found the Japanese version of the Fire Emblem Heroes trailer:

2:47 for Lyn's JP voice

I apologize for complaining about Lyn's english voice. This sounds too high.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. Not being a fan of muscles is one thing, but calling RD Ike a gorilla was just unnecessary and dumb. I don't see any resemblance either. I feel like Japanese people don't understand the average build for a western white man who's done maybe a few months' worth of body-building. RD Ike is clearly western-styled in his facial structure and build.

It's not because he's actually too muscular even by Japanese standards, it's because they're upset that they muscled up their bishonen. 

Are we sure the results are from the Japan side only? Vincent's post on the main site makes no mention of this, and even suggests the results are worldwide: "Although Lyn being the current number 1 is a massive achievement and we’re confident she owes a lot of her success to Western fans..."

Edited by Florete

I'm really happy Lyn is doing so well! She's up there in my favorites.
I'm really interested to know who the other 17 are though, since it's not really 3DS games ruling, so.

34 minutes ago, Thane said:

By all of my gods, what did the Japanese do to Lyn's voice? I know some people have naturally high-pitched voices but that sounds so unnatural.

it does sound a bit ridiculous but in the Japanese version Lyn was actually 15 so I guess it makes slightly more sense

i'm not quite sure why but it was changed to 18 for the western release

(the sol katti animation and thus the visible cleavage bounce was also only added outside of Japan so take that however you like)

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

Are we sure the results are from the Japan side only? Vincent's post on the main site makes no mention of this, and even suggests the results are worldwide: "Although Lyn being the current number 1 is a massive achievement and we’re confident she owes a lot of her success to Western fans..."

honestly I don't see why it would be only from Japan, it's not like they're gonna have two separate polls since that would mean they'd have different results which would not make much sense

Edited by unique

2 minutes ago, unique said:

it does sound a bit ridiculous but in the Japanese version Lyn was actually 15

Not once while I was in Japan did I hear a natural voice sounding like that, not even coming from my 11-year-old host sister. I did, however, hear it everywhere where girls were supposed to sound cute, like in commercials and at maid cafés, which I suspect is the reason why Lyn sounds like she does. 

Again, I know some people have high-pitched voices, but this sounds so artificial and fake to me.

Edited by Thane

oh yeah it's still dumb i just meant that it's to be expected with japanese media with a character that age

it's a bit of an unfortunate trend I suppose

Edited by unique

14 minutes ago, unique said:

i'm not quite sure why but it was changed to 18 for the western release

Maybe it has something to do with the idea of a 15 Year old showing off her legs...

Edited by Blade_of_Light