Poll Results currently in Japan with 1st Lyn, 2nd Lucina and 3rd Ike at the top

AbsoluteZer0Nova

somehow I'm not surprised that literally no characters from 1-6 are on there (aside from marth and roy but I think it's safe to say they're probably not on there because of their games)

i'm not particularly fond of pretty much any of these characters (at least in the top 10 of both, i do really like mia, nephenee, and nino) although i'd be okay with ike and lyn being the two chosen and some of these characters would be nice to see a wallpaper (presumably featuring new artwork) of

the thing that I don't like though is that ike (and marth) is on there twice

if these end up being the final results will there seriously be one ike wallpaper for each game because that'd be dumb

it also splits up the votes for characters who appear in multiple games which is also bad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! ALL MY YES TO EPHRAIM, NILES AND JOSHUA! Also happy with Robin and RD Ike, but that was pretty expected.

But... Roy?! What the heck? I'm pretty sure most people dislike him because of his horrible growths and bland character... well then again Smash fans. x.x

Also Donnel is a weird pick... but he was in the top 10 for the NoA Awakening poll.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Two Ikes...I had hoped all votes for one character were pooled and they would just use the one with the most votes should that character get top 10 (aka all votes for for PoR and RD Ike count for one "Ike," but if PoR Ike gets more votes that's the design they use for the results), but it looks like that might not be the case, which makes things really awkward. Anna especially would probably rank higher if Awakening Anna alone is #14.

EDIT: Two Marths, as well.

Edited by Florete

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

Woah, Lute's up at 15? Noice. I'd try throwing more votes at her to get her into a wallpaper, but there's too many other characters to vote for.

Not to mention she's up ahead of Nino. I guess you can say... she is after all clearly superior. :lol:

But yeah nice to see her up there as the best gba mage from how it looks.

Only things disappointing for me:

Males: 2 Ikes...PoR heck yes pretty unfair for RD Ike taking a spot...also lol 2 Marth votes.

Roy because its definitely because of Smash not him in the game...

Takumi very overrated but at least low in the top 10

Donnel because some YouTuber/s want him for some strange reason...

Females: Tharja, Camilla and F!Corrin ugh....at least Eirika, Micaiah and Cordelia are in the top 10 plus Tiki, Lute, Mia, Nino and Nephenee have some love!

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

Some pleasant surprises in there. Nice to see Eirika, my favorite female Lord, at 2nd best among the non-Awakening/Fates characters. Seeing Lute up there is surprising.

Happy to see Felicia up there as well. Really underrated character in my opinion. And it's kind of funny to see Micaiah above Female Robin. :D

As for the males, Ike is essentially dominating the poll with 2 versions in the top 5. I guess that Japanese poll from the other year wasn't joking when he beat Marth. Seeing Hector get so high is a pleasant surprise as well.

Edit: Though....perhaps Owain's popularity is not as big as I thought. He's losing to Donnel and Dorcas of all characters. He's even losing to nearly universally hated Male Corrin.

Edited by Sentinel07

Ike is a god. If Ike doesn't win this, he got robbed. He is heavily splitting votes with himself and is still maintaining 1st and 5th. Roy only shows up once so is at full power. Hector technically shows up twice but won't lose that many votes to his other appearance. Chrom only shows up once.

Marth is at 6th and 14th. He would probably beat RD Ike and maybe Chrom if votes were combined. But if votes were combined there would be no RD Ike. Just a super powered combined Ike.

Robin is in a similar situation as Marth and Ike. He would do a lot better if he didn't have to compete with herself but I have no idea how they would handle combining votes.

I didn't expect Takumi to be this popular but a friend tells me that I was just underestimating Takumi. Donnel is very surprising, though. He was 17th male side in the Japanese poll.

Owain does poorly. I suspect Odin is partially at fault but 20th seems a bit weak even considering that.

Xander and Ryoma didn't make Top 20 male side? Is that expected? Neither have a second version to split votes with. Aren't they headlining FE Warriors?

On the female side, Corrin suffers from splitting votes with himself. Male Corrin is only 19th on the male side so I don't think Corrin would rise to first. She probably passes Camilla and maybe Tharja. I don't think she challenges Lucina but even the fact that Lyn is challenging Lucina is surprising to me.

Lower down, Tiki and Anna are also victims of the split. Same with Mia and Nephenee. Similar to Ike, the split vote probably hit Mia and Nephenee hard. Even something like a 80-20 split means losing 20% of your power. The Mia and Nepehnee in the Top 20 aren't even from the same game.

RIP Hinoka. Every other FEF Royal Princess made Top 20.

OMG IKE. <3

Can we scream WE LIKE IKE, people?

Oh, but please, don't let Roy wind up taking over in the end... Bleh. I'm VERY surprised he's that high. I mean, I know Smash fans love him, but the FE fandom generally hates him because of how bad he is in his own game, and I've seen others say he's bland as a character.

But HOT DAMN IKE. Both of him are top 5 baby!

3 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

Ike is a god. If Ike doesn't win this, he got robbed. He is heavily splitting votes with himself and is still maintaining 1st and 5th. Roy only shows up once so is at full power. Hector technically shows up twice but won't lose that many votes to his other appearance. Chrom only shows up once.

I agree full heartily that if Roy of all characters passes Ike I'm going to lose it... He doesn't deserve it and quite frankly I think it would be sickening if two Elibe characters were number one for males and females.

19 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

Current Standings according to NoA's Twitter:

fb830d544b7072aa27de2b76de600f01.png936d89296bc871e5121c606d7c3abdd2.png

Top 10 on both sides will be getting wallpapers.

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/824421860142092289

Oh my Gosh! Dorcas is ACTUALLY in the top 20! That actually makes me very happy(always liked him more then Bartre to be honest! And he's beating Corrin...and Owain...huh...fancy that crap. Corrin, I'm with. Owain...that's surprising. Either way, happy to see him get some love)!

Mia and Nephenee are on there too...neat(no Marcia though...oh well...)!

....wait...what?! NO ELINCIA...OR JILL?! What the heck?! ...*sigh*...well...I'm happy that Micaiah is in the top 10 at least(...gonna vote for her later)!

...Roy is #2, with no Eliwood in sight...ok(poor guy...Lyn, Hector, and his son are leading the boards, yet, he himself is no where in sight...:(:) .

Switch Henry for Takumi(or even Donnel) and we're good(no offense to anyone who likes Takumi or Donnel...I like them too...but I like Henry more personally)!

Tharja is beating Camilla...huh. I'm fine with this.:hat:

Ike is taking the (Male) leader board by storm! :P:

Also, looking at this list, for both genders, it's quite mixed up of characters from all over the series(almost every game has a rep. on here...minus the japanese only games it seems...more people would know about them if they the games were over here in the states via a remake or something...*wink* *wink* ;):)...this, I'm happy for! With a list like this, things could honestly go anywhere at this point(I gots more voting to do)! :D:

4 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I agree full heartily that if Roy of all characters passes Ike I'm going to lose it... He doesn't deserve it and quite frankly I think it would be sickening if two Elibe characters were number one for males and females.

Agreed. This is why I was saying earlier that RD Ike and PoR Ike's votes should count together, because if they are, he's probably winning completely by a long shot. Ike fans will feel snubbed in the end if Ike loses his top spot.

3 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

We like Ike! Roy is not my boy!

Well said. <3

Both my top favorite lords are top 10, actually. Ephraim ftw too. <3

The only thing I hate is that Mia is top 20 and Elincia is nowhere to be seen there. Mia is one of the few Tellius characters I loathe and Elincia is a much better, more developed, and prettier character to me. F you, Mia... :(

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

Lower down, Tiki and Anna are also victims of the split. Same with Mia and Nephenee. Similar to Ike, the split vote probably hit Mia and Nephenee hard. Even something like a 80-20 split means losing 20% of your power. The Mia and Nepehnee in the Top 20 aren't even from the same game.

i didn't even consider this and now i'm sad because i really like mia and nephenee they're pretty much the only characters on either of these lists that I care about

can we like complain to nintendo or IS or something about this because I feel like this was a genuinely really stupid decision

Oh, but the female leaderboard so far isn't very satisfying, imo. I like Cordelia and Azura, but I wasn't planning to vote for them. And I hate Camilla, Tharja, and Micaiah as much as I hate Mia. ...Well, maybe I don't hate Micaiah THAT much, she at least has a nice design. But I still don't like her at all as a character. I loathe Awakening Tiki's design and the others on the board are meh.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Hector and Lyn being at the top is fine with me, Roy...#1 is not for him. If it's gamewise(excluding Smash), he's...ok, but not top 10 material(sorry). 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed. This is why I was saying earlier that RD Ike and PoR Ike's votes should count together, because if they are, he's probably winning completely by a long shot. Ike fans will feel snubbed in the end if Ike loses his top spot.

Well said. <3

The only thing I hate is that Mia is top 20 and Elincia is nowhere to be seen there. Mia is one of the few Tellius characters I loathe and Elincia is a much better, more developed, and prettier character to me. F you, Mia... :(

As much as I like Mia and Nephenee, to see Elincia NOWHERE is a crime! Jill isn't on here either, which surprises me even more! (Darn you Camilla and Tharja...more so Camilla...)

4 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

As much as I like Mia and Nephenee, to see Elincia NOWHERE is a crime! Jill isn't on here either, which surprises me even more! (Darn you Camilla and Tharja...more so Camilla...)

I know, right? Jill is also another excellently written and pretty character. I wasn't going to vote for her, but...yeah. ELINCIA IS UNDERRATED HERE, THOUGH. :(

Also, I just had a thought. If both Ikes remain in the top five, I wonder if Ike will be declared the winner whether one of him gets no. 1 or not, because if they DO remain top five, and neither get no. 1, I can so see a shitstorm brewing... I know I myself would want to freaking rage!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I know, right? Jill is also another excellently written and pretty character. I wasn't going to vote for her, but...yeah. ELINCIA IS UNDERRATED HERE, THOUGH. :(

Also, I just had a thought. If both Ikes remain in the top five, I wonder if Ike will be declared the winner whether one of them gets no. 1 or not, because if they DO remain top five, and neither get no. 1, I can so see a shitstorm brewing...

Not gonna lie, Elincia is probably one of the prettiest woman in Tellius( I would make a list of the others, but that's probably for a topic I could make later ;):).

I pray to God that Roy doesn't get #1......I don't hate the guy, but the kind of hell that would break loose on the internet if he does will be massive(Him in Smash is one thing, Him in FE is another)! :wtf: