Kliff appreciation thread

We all know that Kliff was the best unit in gaiden. This is a thread to spread the word of Kliff and bask in his greatness. It also appears that Kliff got a redesign based on his sprite shown here: echoes-033.jpg (Kliff is the third one down). What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are I hope he has some good character development.  (and what appears to be an accessory or eye-patch) As long as his character isn't shoehorned into "I'm so weak and frail I hope you can protect me and oh gosh I got stronger! Yay, but I'm still weak, pls Babee meeee"  Like fates did with mozu.  It got really tiring, really fast.  Character personality and unit performance coming together to make a cohesive portion of any FE army is something that should be attained as much as possible, with as many characters as possible, while still making them all feel unique, both gameplay and lore wise.  If this happens with cliff, and all the viligers, I'd be like a dream come true.  

Maybe give cliff a better ending, too. "Cliff bid alm farewell to head out on a journey. He was never heard from again".  Please... that going away on a journy Shtick plaugues multiple characters throughout the franchise, and if one entry can go without it, I'd be a happy man. Or give the traveler some company. Like Ike and Ranulf at the end of RD.

27 minutes ago, ReaperOW said:

I hate Kliff so much.

Also Gray is best villager.

Is it even possible for words to be arranged in a sentence like that? Kappa

I don't know about that man Gray. I promoted him to archer and he basically never hit anything. What did you promote him into?

4 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

as long as no-ones saying that robin is the best villager

I think the only way Robin has stuff going for him, is if you make him a Merc haha.

Well thats what my PMU is showing me anyways.

1 hour ago, Dark Sage said:

Cavalier Robin doubles like everything in Part 1 and isn't much worse than Cleive in stats. He's fine.

Definitely better than a shitter like Cliff.

But that magic list tho and his 50% Speed growth And Robin's shitty 15%

Cilff best Alm mage.... Until you get to Ryuto. Then he just has the move choice in his favour.

I appreciate having a mage early on in Alm's route, and he's got Excaliber in his list. I call that a win-win.

In my first playthrough of Gaiden, Kliff died in like the second map. When I revived him on Celica's route, I gave him the angel ring and leveled him up to the same level as Celica's party. Needless to day, he became the most broken unit in all of fire emblem.

11 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

My thoughts are I hope he has some good character development.  (and what appears to be an accessory or eye-patch) As long as his character isn't shoehorned into "I'm so weak and frail I hope you can protect me and oh gosh I got stronger! Yay, but I'm still weak, pls Babee meeee"  Like fates did with mozu.  It got really tiring, really fast.  Character personality and unit performance coming together to make a cohesive portion of any FE army is something that should be attained as much as possible, with as many characters as possible, while still making them all feel unique, both gameplay and lore wise.  If this happens with cliff, and all the viligers, I'd be like a dream come true.  

Maybe give cliff a better ending, too. "Cliff bid alm farewell to head out on a journey. He was never heard from again".  Please... that going away on a journy Shtick plaugues multiple characters throughout the franchise, and if one entry can go without it, I'd be a happy man. Or give the traveler some company. Like Ike and Ranulf at the end of RD.

"Cliff bid Alm farewell to head out on a journey. He was never heard from again...Until twenty five years later where he appeared in Fire Emblem Switch supporting a badass beard and Karel level growths."

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

"Cliff bid Alm farewell to head out on a journey. He was never heard from again...Until twenty five years later where he appeared in Fire Emblem Switch supporting a badass beard and Karel level growths."

Perhaps.... Kliff was the rainbow sage all along!!!!??

4 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Screw cliff! Robin is the best villager!

Kappa.

Emm hmmm.....

Robin-30/10/40/15/30/10

Kliff-50/20/40/50/20/40

Robin is definitely the better character

This post was no way intended to incite an argument as to who is the better villager, despite Kliff obviously being the more superb, and was imply intended as a funny jab, sorry if it seems I meant otherwise                                   -A

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

Emm hmmm.....

Robin-30/10/40/15/30/10

Kliff-50/20/40/50/20/40

This post was no way intended to incite an argument as to who is the better villager, despite Kliff obviously being the more superb, and was imply intended as a funny jab, sorry if it seems I meant otherwise                                   -A

Watch as they read this thread, add supports, and make Robin have the best backstory and deepest character, while Kliff is completely flat. 

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Emm hmmm.....

Robin-30/10/40/15/30/10

Kliff-50/20/40/50/20/40

growths aren't everything exactly, but even still Robin's are pretty trash

Atlas honestly might be one of the worst characters if not the worst in the game though so there's that

Cliff takes way too long to become good, but I still think its worth training him since he'll actually double and ORKO annoying things with excalibur later on.

Grey is definitely the best though.

Edited by Irysa

You could just make Cliff a Mercenary, he'd be a lot better at it than Gray.  He could double the Chapter 1 Paladin boss!

Edited by Refa

To play devil's advocate against Cliff (I know, I know, I'm a heathen!), Growths aren't actually all that important in Gaiden. The way promotion works is that it automatically increases your stats to the base of the promoted class. Chances are you won't be having higher stats than a promoted class at level 10 even with Cliff (or if it does it will be only one or two of his stats and only by one or two point). So eventually at like level 6 or 7 he should in theory start doing better than the other members of that class but when you hit promotion he's going to be pretty much level with them again. That's probably why making him a mage is so good, they spend longer time in their respective classes due to only two tiers of promotion. I made Cliff a cavalier (since Robin became my mage due to lol Awakening) and he paled in comparison to the bases of Zeke and Mycen in end game. I'll definitely make him a mage on my next playthrough but Cliff isn't so amazing that he will always be the best unit in the world.