Weird FE Relationships

Any FE units that only you think would be great together that no one else has? If so, comment below!

Image result for kain thracia 776Image result for sara thracia 776

That's right! It's these two! (If you can tell me these units names, I will be moderately impressed.)

Spoiler

Its Kain and Sara. (No, not THAT Cain, KAIN. From Thracia 776.)

I don't know why, but I am really fond of these two getting together, even though they almost nothing to do with each other, nor support each other. But if they did, I bet they would be great.

Sain/Florina is one of those pairs that should have happened but didn't. The wasted opportunity is very blatant, and it would easily have been a better pairing than what's (strangely) a fan favorite for Florina. Same could be said for Lucius/Florina.

And there's also Soren/Illyana. 

Kent/Florina. I feel Kent is the guy she'd become comfortable with the quickest due to his polite chivalrous nature. He'd give her the space and stuff she needs until she's comfortable. And since I already ship Sain x Fiora, in-laws and a pair of friends marrying a pair of sisters!

Boyd/Mia. They both seem to have competitive personalities and want to achieve greatness in their respective classes and weapons. Why don't these two seem to spar much or communicate? Although, I'm not sure it would end up romantic, as I don't really see Mia settling down with anyone. She seems too interested in being independent and mastering her skills and finding her apparent rival.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm a Soren/Micaiah advocate, but it seems I've actually managed to convince a few people that it's a good pairing, so maybe it's not so weird anymore.

I think Kieran/Mia would have been a good pair, since they both take their training to the extreme, and I'm surprised they didn't have any support convoes.

49 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Sain/Florina is one of those pairs that should have happened but didn't. The wasted opportunity is very blatant, and it would easily have been a better pairing than what's (strangely) a fan favorite for Florina. Same could be said for Lucius/Florina.

And there's also Soren/Illyana. 

I whole-heartedly agree with you. Florina and Sain would have been good.

Sain seems like the type of guy who should stay the fuck away from a girl like Florina. He'd probably chase her around trying to flirt with her, which sounds like it'll just scare her away. On the contrary, he will be lucky if he doesn't end up making her cry or traumatizing her entirely. At least Hector only approached her because she was actively trying to do it herself and failing.

For some reason, I like the idea of Ike/Marcia, Ike/Micaiah and Janaff/Leanne. Can't really say I have strong feelings towards any other pairings that weren't supported by supports or in-game interactions.

3 hours ago, ping said:

It would include at least one and a half supports of Florina desperately trying to find a place to hide, though.

This. I can see the potential for some amusing moments here, but I don't see the relationship going anywhere for obvious reasons. Also, what Sangyul/Sunwoo said.

Sain/Florina would have been terrible. Sain would come on far too strong. It's hard to imagine that boiling over well at all.

Personally speaking of Florina ships, I like Lucius/Florina. As for non-Blazing Blade ships, I have no idea as to why Gaius/Maribelle is not popular. I'm also seriously considering writing a high school AU starring Mitama, just because she BELONGS there, and in that case her mother would almost certainly be Orochi.

Serra and Hector is one that I'm surprised didn't happen. Makes more sense to be a romantic ending than any of Hector's potential wives. That A rank is kind of sad, and even someone like Hector lightens up for it and doesn't joke around in it. 

Genny and Saber from Gaiden. I mean both their ending reference that they both get married, and Genny's even says she married someone from the army, also Saber is one of the first units Celica recruits so it just makes sense even if the pairing seems weird.

I don't know if Tormod/Sanaki or Ike/Mia is popular, so...

Julia/Aless (FE4). It was a thing in the manga (well, it was alluded offhandly but that counts I guess). I don't remember if it is possible in-game.

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Sain seems like the type of guy who should stay the fuck away from a girl like Florina. He'd probably chase her around trying to flirt with her, which sounds like it'll just scare her away. On the contrary, he will be lucky if he doesn't end up making her cry or traumatizing her entirely.

12 hours ago, Gima said:

Sain/Florina would have been terrible. Sain would come on far too strong. It's hard to imagine that boiling over well at all.

He would only try to flirt with her and "come on far too strong" in the C support and midway of the B support, with the B support being a piece of dialogue where there could be some insight to Florina's character, particularly in regards to her behavior around men. And the A support would involve Sain actually considering to give up skirt-chasing in favor of wanting to make Florina happy. It would be a fine change of pace from their other supports.

And not to mention, their interaction in Lyn's story literally makes one want a series of support conversations involving the two with each other.

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

At least Hector only approached her because she was actively trying to do it herself and failing.

Actually, the 1st time he approached her (which is in an easily missable "talk" conversation) was because she was standing around on the battlefield doing nothing but talking to her Pegasus, and, in a rude manner, told her not to stand around lest she end up a casualty. Whereas the 2nd time he approached her (the two's B Support) was because he just happened to walk by during her attempt to build self-confidence for thanking him for "saving" her. Too bad neither time goes anywhere or even gives some insight to her character.

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

He would only try to flirt with her and "come on far too strong" in the C support and midway of the B support, with the B support being a piece of dialogue where there could be some insight to Florina's character, particularly in regards to her behavior around men. And the A support would involve Sain actually considering to give up skirt-chasing in favor of wanting to make Florina happy. It would be a fine change of pace from their other supports.

And not to mention, their interaction in Lyn's story literally makes one want a series of support conversations involving the two with each other.

Or their interaction literally makes one never want Sain anywhere near Florina. Even though we know Sain means well and wouldn't take advantage of Florina, I get the feeling that as a guy you don't understand just how certain behaviors can be traumatizing for certain women. Because Florina doesn't know what we don't know. It'd be nice to get insight into why Florina is so afraid of men, but that doesn't need to be exclusive to a Sain support. It could've been written or rewritten into any current or potential supports she could have.

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Actually, the 1st time he approached her (which is in an easily missable "talk" conversation) was because she was standing around on the battlefield doing nothing but talking to her Pegasus, and, in a rude manner, told her not to stand around lest she end up a casualty. Whereas the 2nd time he approached her (the two's B Support) was because he just happened to walk by during her attempt to build self-confidence for thanking him for "saving" her. Too bad neither time goes anywhere or even gives some insight to her character.

Hector gives Florina that push that she needs to finally talk to him without being a stuttering mess. That's something, even if it's small and even if you don't want it. I get that you hate Hector/Florina more than is healthy and that you desperately want Florina to have other choices besides Hector so she won't "get in the way", but there are plenty of men in FE7 who make more sense than Sain if you really want to lob Florina off onto someone else. Like Lucius, who you even suggested, or Kent.

4 hours ago, Rapier said:

I don't know if Tormod/Sanaki or Ike/Mia is popular, so...

I've seen people ship both, but I don't think they're especially popular. Soren and Elincia seem to be the most popular Ike ships, and it's not surprising. They're the two characters he interacts the most with and grows pretty close to at the same time.

Edited by Anacybele

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've seen people ship both, but I don't think they're especially popular. Soren and Elincia seem to be the most popular Ike ships, and it's not surprising. They're the two characters he interacts the most with and grows pretty close to at the same time.

Well, I know you're a fan of ElinciaxIke, and I'm sorry to throw an ice bucket at you, but I prefer their relationship as trusted companions who rely at each other than love interests. Also, Elincia being far from Ike forces her to stand up to herself and do things without relying too much on others. Part 2 was good story-wise because she showed competence despite not having Ike to solve everything for her while she says "Oh my Lord Ike this and that" (as PoR!Elincia).

As for SorenxIke, there's no indication for romantic interest whatsoever. People can like each other without going that far, and their relationship is obviously friend-friend. But that's ok, I guess. We're in a topic for odd ships, for crying out loud. =P

44 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Well, I know you're a fan of ElinciaxIke, and I'm sorry to throw an ice bucket at you, but I prefer their relationship as trusted companions who rely at each other than love interests. Also, Elincia being far from Ike forces her to stand up to herself and do things without relying too much on others. Part 2 was good story-wise because she showed competence despite not having Ike to solve everything for her while she says "Oh my Lord Ike this and that" (as PoR!Elincia).

As for SorenxIke, there's no indication for romantic interest whatsoever. People can like each other without going that far, and their relationship is obviously friend-friend. But that's ok, I guess. We're in a topic for odd ships, for crying out loud. =P

I don't think "being far from Ike" is what makes Elincia stand up, it's the almost-civil war that Ludveck was behind that got her going. She hadn't seen Ike in many months and wasn't even looking for him until Leanne asked her to, and it was for an unrelated purpose (as it's later shown that Leanne just wanted Ike to go to Reyson's aid). It's silly to think that Ike being around automatically means she can't do things on her own and that she'd always go running to him. I could go into a deeper explanation here, but it's not really on topic, and like you said, it's a topic for odd ships.

Speaking of which, are crossover ones involving FE characters allowed? I actually like Ike x Palutena and to a lesser degree, Ike x Samus. lol

Edited by Anacybele

On 2/1/2017 at 8:45 PM, Rezzy said:

I'm a Soren/Micaiah advocate, but it seems I've actually managed to convince a few people that it's a good pairing, so maybe it's not so weird anymore.

i've come to like this one, yeah.  both are mages, strategists,  and branded (+descendants of historically important tellius figures).  then you have soren having a connection to the daein throne that micaiah now has, and that their personalities are complementary

3 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

i've come to like this one, yeah.  both are mages, strategists,  and branded (+descendants of historically important tellius figures).  then you have soren having a connection to the daein throne that micaiah now has, and that their personalities are complementary

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised they didn't have some sort of unlockable conversation together.  As mentioned, it just fits so well, together.  It would be nice to see Soren get his rightful throne, back, as well.

I like it much better than Micaiah x Sothe, which is a bit too much "husband husbandry".

I know why they didn't give Nils or Athos any supports in FE7, but I would have liked to see: 

Nils-Hector

Nils-Lucius

Nils-Athos

Athos-Pent

Athos-Louise

Athos-Hawkeye.

Athos-Renault

The Athos supports could only go up to B, of course. But I still would have liked to see them.

Edited by Paper Jam

Don't really see why Ike and Soren's relationship being that of good friends necessarily precludes them having romantic feelings for each other also, but whatever.

Marth/Xane is a cute ship conceptually, but it kinda relies on a lot of toying with canon to make it work.

I think I played around with the idea of Soren/Ilyana and Castor/Athena (for some reason) years ago. Never really went anywhere with it, though.

I still think Sain and Serra should've had an ending together. The guy who loves to give girls attention and the girl who loves getting attention. They seem like they'd be a perfect match.

Not sure how much these really count as "weird" due to the nature of the game's pairing mechanics, but I found Henry to be cute with Cherche or Lissa, and I also liked Lissa and Ricken, too. Vaike and Tharja was also an interesting one, actually.

Remember all of those blank support conversations they found in the Path of Radiance unused data? I wish they existed. That would be cool.

Also, in Awakening, some more same-sex supports would be great. Not really romantic, but most characters should be able to support with just as many characters of their own gender as they can with others.

Edited by SullyMcGully

• 2 weeks later...

Athena/Kris. Athena is my 2nd favorite character from FE 10 and 11 (next to Bord) and I hated how in Kris and Athena's last support convo, she says she loves him and he TURNS HER AWAY BECAUSE HE THINKS SHE MISSPOKE?! WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K KRIS!

Edited by Tuvy