More Manpower

Gatrie, here's the error in your logic:

When you report people and we deal with it later, we can prevent them from doing it again.

But then you guys come on about an hour later and will have to go topic fishing to find it, and read through the whole topic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When you report people and we deal with it later, we can prevent them from doing it again.

Not to mention people can ignore it. I have to agree with Metal Arc, as I have seen him in his duties, and he handles situations carefully, and he had a big role in resolving a lot of the major conflicts, despite being the joker he is.

But then you guys come on about an hour later and will have to go topic fishing to find it, and read through the whole topic.

That's not how the report system works.

We get a PM containing a link to THE post in THE topic, plus comments from whoever reported it.

That's a moderator's duty, and they get a PM with the post and topic anyway <_<

There's no need for another moderator. Just report posts when you think they might start a flamewar, or break another rule, and I'm sure one of the moderators will deal with it as soon as possible.

Edited by Tino

That's not how the report system works.

We get a PM containing a link to THE post in THE topic, plus comments from whoever reported it.

I suppose. But it'd be nice to have a mod around to stop the flames before they happen.

And not just close a topic. Which the mods seem to think is a solution. It only puts off an argument, not reslove it.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

it doesnt bring back people who immeditally leave, Arc. We need swift punishment.

its like a cop saying: Ill arrest you tomorrow

it didnt tear apart per se but it did get VERY bad at times.

I remember when throught a single topic some kid was verbally abused by some jerk. THATS JUST 1 OCCASION. Alot more happened than you may think.

I know it happened very, very, very often, but like you said it didn't ruin the site.

Also, you didn't answer my first question.

I suppose. But it'd be nice to have a mod around to stop the flames before they happen.

You act as though the new mod will be on here every time we aren't.

it doesnt bring back people who immeditally leave, Arc. We need swift punishment.

its like a cop saying: Ill arrest you tomorrow

In our case, we can stop the bastard from ever getting on here again.

If they have to read through the entire topic, then that's that. That's a moderator's duty.

There's no need for another moderator. Just report posts when you think they might start a flamewar, or break another rule, and I'm sure one of the moderators will deal with it as soon as possible.

And of course as I pointed out, ignore them. You don't have to respond to them really, or just ignore the bad ones and continue on discussion in a topic where flames have taken over.

Tino is correct however.

I know it happened very, very, very often, but like you said it didn't ruin the site.

Also, you didn't answer my first question.

woops sorry.

yup I was a Sage on Nsider....long ago....

Triple Triforce was me.

Edited by Gatrie: Guns Blazing

And not just close a topic. Which the mods seem to think is a solution. It only puts off an argument, not reslove it.

I don't know about the mods, but I only close a topic when all else fails. I actually wouldn't have closed a certain topic earlier that someone else did.

As for reported posts, I always check as soon as somewhere reports something, and I'm online most of the hours in a day. I get instant updates from my email, so. I check to see if it's really serious though, if I'm very busy. If it's something minor, I let one of the other mods get it, unless I'm not busy.

We're not supergods. We can't always be here.

And you're forgetting my point that adding another mod won't necesarily mean they can be on when we aren't.

but it would sure as fuck help

must I give an example of a time when you guys didnt stop a flame war (unawares it was happening mind you) until days later?

Edited by Gatrie: Guns Blazing

Gatrie, I can understand where you're coming from. I was a victim of clever trolls, flame wars and general anarchy.

But I'm strong now because my experiences taught me. I will fucking fight anyone who tries to take peace away from here, or scares away members. That's my job.

I don't know who closed it, but you're honestly just proving their point. -_-

How so?

All this will lead to is two sides who can't stop arguing. As persuasive as one side is, the other one is too bullheaded to listen and accept it.

Gatrie, I can understand where you're coming from. I was a victim of clever trolls, flame wars and general anarchy.

But I'm strong now because my experiences taught me. I will fucking fight anyone who tries to take peace away from here, or scares away members. That's my job.

That reminds me, can I message you about something about that?

Arc, why are you afraid on one more mod?

I don't think Arc is afraid to have one more mod.

It has been discussed before, it was decided a mod wasn't really needed.

Plus I don't think electing a new mod will solve our existing problems...

Edited by Luxord

Arc, why are you afraid on one more mod?

Don't disrespect me ever. I'm not afraid of any of you.

The fact that you're saying that means you have no other arugments.

That reminds me, can I message you about something about that?

Always.

Edited by Metal Arc