"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just got a 3rd Lilina since I was foolish and thought that I could somehow get Hector.

This one is +Atk, -Res so it's not bad actually. Another one is +Res, -Spd And the on I trained is +HP, -Atk.

I already inherited Gronnblade and Draw Back, but I have no shortage of Nino's.

What should I do with the non ideal IVs? Should I keep them for tempest for now and then inherit them off after? I'm toying around with possibly giving my +10 Nino Green Gift since she's my mage counter, allowing her to win the matchups against other Nino's. My other is a Nowi +7, with 2 extra copies on hand. Should I get the Atk Tactic for her C?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I like hector and eliwood. Is an armor team with LA!Hector, LA!Eliwood, and BK (or Arden) as the core viable. 

It should be fine. I would get Eliwood Distant Counter and Quick Riposte if possible to make him easier to use; if not, he should run Wary Fighter to prevent being doubled.

1 hour ago, jmd said:

Just got a 3rd Lilina since I was foolish and thought that I could somehow get Hector.

This one is +Atk, -Res so it's not bad actually. Another one is +Res, -Spd And the on I trained is +HP, -Atk.

I already inherited Gronnblade and Draw Back, but I have no shortage of Nino's.

What should I do with the non ideal IVs? Should I keep them for tempest for now and then inherit them off after? I'm toying around with possibly giving my +10 Nino Green Gift since she's my mage counter, allowing her to win the matchups against other Nino's. My other is a Nowi +7, with 2 extra copies on hand. Should I get the Atk Tactic for her C?

I prefer merging them, but if you rather fodder them, I would prioritize foddering their Weapons or unique skills. Atk Tactic is nice, but it can be obtained from Siegbert so I would not fodder a seasonal unit if I can get the same skill from a non seasonal.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

It should be fine. I would get Eliwood Distant Counter and Quick Riposte if possible to make him easier to use; if not, he should run Wary Fighter to prevent being doubled.

I prefer merging them, but if you rather fodder them, I would prioritize foddering their Weapons or unique skills. Atk Tactic is nice, but it can be obtained from Siegbert so I would not fodder a seasonal unit if I can get the same skill from a non seasonal.

QR is possible in the near future, but I only have one DC user and it's a LA!Hector with a good nature.

I was thinking of trying Arvis that team because magic+healing sounds like a good combo. BK seems to be almost totally broken. Maybe NY!Corrin/Takumi or Olivia could work but idk.

I'm having fun training up ursula and the rest of the mage cavalry. 

I have a soleil with a shitty nature. Should I promote her for firesweep sword+ or just give her sword so someone like palla?

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

QR is possible in the near future, but I only have one DC user and it's a LA!Hector with a good nature.

You might want LA!Eliwood to learn both Quick Riposte and Wary Fighter then. Without Distant Counter, armor units are very vulnerable to ranged units, so I would use Wary Fighter to mitigate their damage.

7 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I was thinking of trying Arvis that team because magic+healing sounds like a good combo. BK seems to be almost totally broken. Maybe NY!Corrin/Takumi or Olivia could work but idk.

You might want to consider giving Arvis Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid to allow him to heal up his armor allies.

9 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I have a soleil with a shitty nature. Should I promote her for firesweep sword+ or just give her sword so someone like palla?

Palla's stats are too balanced, so I prefer her to just stick with her default Ruby Sword. Elincia and HNY!Camilla have much better offensive stats to take advantage of Firesweep S. I would personally save it until they release a non seasonal sword flier with better offensive stats and does not have an exclusive Weapon. Elincia can run Firesweep S really well, but Amiti is really good too, as it is essentially a Brave Sword with Atk/Spd +3, so I am a bit hesitant on changing Elinicia's Weapon.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

You might want LA!Eliwood to learn both Quick Riposte and Wary Fighter then. Without Distant Counter, armor units are very vulnerable to ranged units, so I would use Wary Fighter to mitigate their damage.

You might want to consider giving Arvis Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid to allow him to heal up his armor allies.

Palla's stats are too balanced, so I prefer her to just stick with her default Ruby Sword. Elincia and HNY!Camilla have much better offensive stats to take advantage of Firesweep S. I would personally save it until they release a non seasonal sword flier with better offensive stats and does not have an exclusive Weapon. Elincia can run Firesweep S really well, but Amiti is really good too, as it is essentially a Brave Sword with Atk/Spd +3, so I am a bit hesitant on changing Elinicia's Weapon.

I have so many units that can give Arvis either of those skills.

Hng fuckit.

I kinda want to pull LA!Lyn and Lilina but I'm gonna have to wait a few more days to get more orbs. 

I put reposition on the BK. Would swap do any better?

got two of the female robins from gbh. Raise her or use the 2 star one as fodder? 

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

I have so many units that can give Arvis either of those skills.

Hng fuckit.

I kinda want to pull LA!Lyn and Lilina but I'm gonna have to wait a few more days to get more orbs. 

I put reposition on the BK. Would swap do any better?

got two of the female robins from gbh. Raise her or use the 2 star one as fodder? 

I generally use Swap on my armor units unless they have Armor March, which then I use Reposition.

I prefer to merge limited units like Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial units. If you do not care about merging, then you can fodder her off. I recommend foddering B Tomebreaker rather than Gronnwolf as B Tomebreaker can only be obtained from her. You can get Keen Gronnwolf (the better version) from Rhajat, who is not a limited unit.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I generally use Swap on my armor units unless they have Armor March, which then I use Reposition.

I prefer to merge limited units like Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial units. If you do not care about merging, then you can fodder her off. I recommend foddering B Tomebreaker rather than Gronnwolf as B Tomebreaker can only be obtained from her. You can get Keen Gronnwolf (the better version) from Rhajat, who is not a limited unit.

ugh

I'm kinda loosing my familiarity with FE since I haven't played anything after fe12. 

I thought Rhajat was another Tharja variant. Fuck. Guess I'll try and get my TT rewards since LA!Eliwood seems just too fun.

NY!Takumi is kinda fun. Do we have a skill like fe10 vantage in feh?

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Do we have a skill like fe10 vantage in feh?

I don’t remember how Vantage worked in FE10, but we do have Vantage in FEH. At rank 1/2/3, you counter first if your HP is lower or equal to 25%/50%/75%.

Lon’qu provides rank 3 at four-star.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t remember how Vantage worked in FE10, but we do have Vantage in FEH. At rank 1/2/3, you counter first if your HP is lower or equal to 25%/50%/75%.

Lon’qu provides rank 3 at four-star.

hmn

would NY!Takumi work with something like sol/healing via damage skill+vantage 3? 

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

hmn

would NY!Takumi work with something like sol/healing via damage skill+vantage 3? 

Vantage is incredibly niche in this game due to how difficult it is to mitigate damage. This means you pretty much need to one-hit kill things with your Vantage attack in order to not die to the opponent's first attack since you're guaranteed to be missing at least 25% of your HP due to Vantage's activation requirement.

Most of the units that run Vantage either have absurd Atk stats (namely non-infantry with Litrblade+) or only do so on Arena defense teams where survival isn't imperative.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vantage is incredibly niche in this game due to how difficult it is to mitigate damage. This means you pretty much need to one-hit kill things with your Vantage attack in order to not die to the opponent's first attack since you're guaranteed to be missing at least 25% of your HP due to Vantage's activation requirement.

Most of the units that run Vantage either have absurd Atk stats (namely non-infantry with Litrblade+) or only do so on Arena defense teams where survival isn't imperative.

welp

is there any really broken shit in the game that I should know about?

44 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm kinda loosing my familiarity with FE since I haven't played anything after fe12. 

I thought Rhajat was another Tharja variant. Fuck. Guess I'll try and get my TT rewards since LA!Eliwood seems just too fun.

Rhajat is part of a case of nonsexual fanservice. Awakening was so popular that IS decided to take six characters from Awakening, the most popular ones not Lucina, Chrom and Robin according to a particular poll, and brought them into Fates.

Severa, Owain, and Inigo of Awakening's 2nd Generation were made into renamed 1st Generation Conquest units (Selena, Owain, Laslow) via dimension hopping (explained in Fates's Hidden Truths paid DLC), something Awakening declared to be possible with the concept of Outrealms, Outrealm Gates, and parallel dimensions and time travel. 

Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia of Awakening's 1st Generation were made into 2nd Generation Birthright units (Rhajat, Asugi, Caeldori). The explanation here is that they might be reincarnations of their Awakening selves. But given Fates and Awakening don't take place in the same world, this would have to mean transdimensional reincarnation, which is a really funky idea that while on paper sounds possible, is just really out there and a thin excuse to include the Awakening characters again. It is also weird, because if you marry Selena to Subaki on Revelation, then it makes Selena the mother of a reincarnation of her mother Cordelia.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rhajat is part of a case of nonsexual fanservice. Awakening was so popular that IS decided to take six characters from Awakening, the most popular ones not Lucina, Chrom and Robin according to a particular poll, and brought them into Fates.

Severa, Owain, and Inigo of Awakening's 2nd Generation were made into renamed 1st Generation Conquest units (Selena, Owain, Laslow) via dimension hopping (explained in Fates's Hidden Truths paid DLC), something Awakening declared to be possible with the concept of Outrealms, Outrealm Gates, and parallel dimensions and time travel. 

Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia of Awakening's 1st Generation were made into 2nd Generation Birthright units (Rhajat, Asugi, Caeldori). The explanation here is that they might be reincarnations of their Awakening selves. But given Fates and Awakening don't take place in the same world, this would have to mean transdimensional reincarnation, which is a really funky idea that while on paper sounds possible, is just really out there and a thin excuse to include the Awakening characters again. It is also weird, because if you marry Selena to Subaki on Revelation, then it makes Selena the mother of a reincarnation of her mother Cordelia.

well fuck i thought I could rely on FE not going all screwy with multidimensional shit like the Nasuverse did.

on topic for the FeH thread, how hard is it to build up fjorm to a usable state?

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

on topic for the FeH thread, how hard is it to build up fjorm to a usable state?

Her default kit takes advantage of her Ice Mirror utility the best. Just slap on a QR 3 Seal and you're done with Fjorm pretty much.

5 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Her default kit takes advantage of her Ice Mirror utility the best. Just slap on a QR 3 Seal and you're done with Fjorm pretty much.

good thing i have a ton of subaki and kleins

bad thing is I don't have enough feathers for everyone.

didn't get the seal.

ugh, gonna build five seperate teams up. Infantry, armor, mage, cavalry, flier, and mage cavalry. Should be fun.

10 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

ugh, gonna build five seperate teams up. Infantry, armor, mage, cavalry, flier, and mage cavalry. Should be fun.

I would focus on one team first, which ever you use for Arena. You want to prioritize your Arena team over other teams so you can quickly climb the Arena tiers and obtain more resources.

34 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

well fuck i thought I could rely on FE not going all screwy with multidimensional shit like the Nasuverse did.

Well fortunately, time travel is contained to the Awakening world in the story, with only two major timelines. The future Lucina and friends came from which you never visit as is, and the world where Chrom and co. live, about 18 years in the past.

The Future Past DLC takes place in Lucina's future, but before she had to flee it. Or rather, if Awakening assumes it is impossible to return to your exact world of origin once you've left it, it is a world practically identical to the one Lucina left before she left it. Future Past is irrelevant to the main plot of Awakening though, it's a three battle-long mini plot focusing on the children characters.

Morgan, the child of Robin, might come from a different world, but it only really affects Morgan, who isn't important in the slightest in the plot. None of the non-Lucina children characters matter at all in the story of Awakening. Another character also came from another dimension, but we don't know which. 

Fates summons Severa, Owain, and Inigo from across dimensions but this is the only main plot dimension travel, and it doesn't matter really since none of the three actually do anything in the main story. The My Castle feature of Fates- a customizable castle, is stored in a pocket dimension, and you can visit other peoples My Castles in like dimensions from it. The 2nd Generation of Fates is placed in Deeprealms to protect them from harm, but time moves faster in the Deeprealms, so after a few months of leaving the kids in there, they end up being young adults. Heirs of Fates, the paid DLC 2nd Generation-focused story told in 6 battles, does deal with more dimensional stuff, but not in the same way Future Past does in Awakening.

For everything else, Awakening is supposed to take place in the same world as Archanea, Valentia, and Jugdral, just 2000 years after Mystery and Gaiden take place. The continents of Valm and Ylisse thus look similar to Valentia and Archanea. Elibe, Tellius, Magvel and the Fates world all exist in their own separate dimensions for all we know at the moment.

The paid DLC of Awakening does not feature actual heroes from past games, only Einherjar- cards that can summon a magical illusion able to serve, fight, and have a personality based on the character portrayed. So the Eirika Einherjar in Awakening is supposed to be friendly, like the real Eirika, but it lacks a true sense of self, has no real memories of the past even if they know they're the Princess of Renais and has a brother named Ephraim, and does not actually reflect on the real Eirika's strength. 

Awakening's DLC is supposed to take place in various Outrealms, with some battlefields looking familiar (the Heros of Yore battlefield is Chapter 1 of Shadow Dragon), but never is it confirmed that Chrom and co. have gone to that actual continent matching the battlefield. I believe the same is true of certain Fates DLC, although you do encounter the real Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick in Ylisse in the free DLC battle where they're NPCs in Fates.

And Annas exist in every single dimension, a nigh infinite number of identical sisters across a nigh infinite number of worlds.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fates summons Severa, Owain, and Inigo from across dimensions but this is the only main plot dimension travel, and it doesn't matter really since none of the three actually do anything in the main story. The My Castle feature of Fates- a customizable castle, is stored in a pocket dimension, and you can visit other peoples My Castles in like dimensions from it. The 2nd Generation of Fates is placed in Deeprealms to protect them from harm, but time moves faster in the Deeprealms, so after a few months of leaving the kids in there, they end up being young adults. Heirs of Fates, the paid DLC 2nd Generation-focused story told in 6 battles, does deal with more dimensional stuff, but not in the same way Future Past does in Awakening.

Lets not forget Anankos ability to travel to different realities of the Fates world each one slightly different, practically 6th-Dimensional manipulation in the End: Lost in the Waves DLC.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

I'm adverse to merging them since Lilina is by no means a favorite of mine, nor do I plan on using her in Arena ever, as I'm in T20 and my Nino is +10, so she'd reduce my score. Thanks for the input. 

13 hours ago, Czarpy said:

welp

is there any really broken shit in the game that I should know about?

Litrblade (Raudhrblade, Blarblade, and Gronnblade) gains 1 point of Atk for each point of out-of-combat bonuses, allowing non-infantry users to easily gain 30 points of Atk. For example, Hone Cavalry gives +6 Atk and +6 Spd and Fortify Cavalry gives +6 Def and +6 Res. Litrblade's effect then adds +24 Atk on top of that for a total of +30 Atk. Thankfully, a lot of options now exist to cancel the effect.

Firesweep weapons prevent both the unit and opponents from counterattacking, allowing you to attack without fear of counterattack and use an assist skill to retreat back out of range if the opponent isn't killed. This is most powerful on flying units running Hit and Run and bow users with high Atk and Spd.

Bold Fighter allows armored units to always attack twice when they initiate combat and gain 2 points of special skill charge for each of their own attacks. With a Brave weapon, this guarantees four hits and Aether on the third or fourth hit when the unit initiates combat. On Zelgius or the Black Knight, this guarantees Black Luna on the second attack when the opponent can counterattack. Only a Weaponbreaker or Wary Fighter with enough Spd or Myrrh's Great Flame with enough Spd and Def can disable Bold Fighter's follow-up hit.

"Razzle Dazzle" (Wrathful Staff with Dazzling Staff refine or Dazzling Staff with Wrathful Staff refine) on a defense team is difficult to deal with because it behaves as a stronger version of Firesweep (you can still counterattack, but your opponent cannot) and has a variety of annoying weapon effects, most notably Gravity+, Pain+, and Panic+. Because after-combat weapon effects activate if the user attacks regardless of if the user survives, it's much harder to avoid the effect.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Litrblade (Raudhrblade, Blarblade, and Gronnblade) gains 1 point of Atk for each point of out-of-combat bonuses, allowing non-infantry users to easily gain 30 points of Atk. For example, Hone Cavalry gives +6 Atk and +6 Spd and Fortify Cavalry gives +6 Def and +6 Res. Litrblade's effect then adds +24 Atk on top of that for a total of +30 Atk. Thankfully, a lot of options now exist to cancel the effect.

Firesweep weapons prevent both the unit and opponents from counterattacking, allowing you to attack without fear of counterattack and use an assist skill to retreat back out of range if the opponent isn't killed. This is most powerful on flying units running Hit and Run and bow users with high Atk and Spd.

Bold Fighter allows armored units to always attack twice when they initiate combat and gain 2 points of special skill charge for each of their own attacks. With a Brave weapon, this guarantees four hits and Aether on the third or fourth hit when the unit initiates combat. On Zelgius or the Black Knight, this guarantees Black Luna on the second attack when the opponent can counterattack. Only a Weaponbreaker or Wary Fighter with enough Spd or Myrrh's Great Flame with enough Spd and Def can disable Bold Fighter's follow-up hit.

"Razzle Dazzle" (Wrathful Staff with Dazzling Staff refine or Dazzling Staff with Wrathful Staff refine) on a defense team is difficult to deal with because it behaves as a stronger version of Firesweep (you can still counterattack, but your opponent cannot) and has a variety of annoying weapon effects, most notably Gravity+, Pain+, and Panic+. Because after-combat weapon effects activate if the user attacks regardless of if the user survives, it's much harder to avoid the effect.

thanks!

Tossed death blow 3 onto my neutral brave ike since he lacked an A slot. Put pivot onto BK, reposition onto ike and takumi. Turns out my NY!Takumi is -spd. Gonna use him as fodder once I get the other takumi levelled to 40. I'll give the kagami mochi+ to someone I like. (Maybe Felicia? idk.)

So B!Ike, LA!Hector, and BK with NY!Takumi cleared the second ursula node. That shit was fucking hilarious since everyone but the red unit decided to go suicide onto an underlevelled hector.

I've been wondering, how's Ursula in comparison to the other mage cavalry. I know Reinhardts a broken PoS because of that prf. But I haven't found out what my rein's nature is since I didn't check his nature after levelling him.

I'm working towards the 20K feathers to get a 4* to 5*. Between Michalis, Marisa, Masked Marth, Roy, Klein, and Nino, who'd be the best overall investment? I was thinking either michalis, masked marth, or nino since they're low investment skillwise. 

31 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

(Maybe Felicia? idk.)

Felicia's Plate is a better weapon for her most of the time, though it does require Divine Dew to refine.

I've been wondering, how's Ursula in comparison to the other mage cavalry. I know Reinhardts a broken PoS because of that prf. But I haven't found out what my rein's nature is since I didn't check his nature after levelling him.

Ursula is the weakest of the blue tome cavalry units, but not by much, and that's not saying much because tome cavalry is ridiculously powerful by default (as long as you don't have your buffs negated). She'll want to upgrade to either Blarblade+ or Keen Blarwolf+, though.

I'm working towards the 20K feathers to get a 4* to 5*. Between Michalis, Marisa, Masked Marth, Roy, Klein, and Nino, who'd be the best overall investment? I was thinking either michalis, masked marth, or nino since they're low investment skillwise. 

Klein or Nino if you have decent natures on either of them. Klein wants +Atk, and Nino wants either +Spd or +Atk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Felicia's Plate is a better weapon for her most of the time, though it does require Divine Dew to refine.

Ursula is the weakest of the blue tome cavalry units, but not by much, and that's not saying much because tome cavalry is ridiculously powerful by default (as long as you don't have your buffs negated). She'll want to upgrade to either Blarblade+ or Keen Blarwolf+, though.

Klein or Nino if you have decent natures on either of them. Klein wants +Atk, and Nino wants either +Spd or +Atk.

I have a neutral nino.

rolling for a better one is going to be a PITA.

my klein is -hp/+spd

Welp. LA!Hector+BK just run around the hard difficulty TT trials on auto. didn't realize distant counter was that level of ridiculous.

got an LA!Lilina with +def/-res. She seems usable. Is this a better option than cecilia for a mage cavalry team?

Edited by Czarpy

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Tossed death blow 3 onto my neutral brave ike since he lacked an A slot.

All Ikes have an A skill? BH!Ike comes with Steady Breath so you should probably keep that on him.

VL!Ike comes with Warding Breath. Regular Ike comes with Heavy Blade. Out of all the Ikes, regular Ike is the only one where I would swap out Heavy Blade with something else.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

All Ikes have an A skill? BH!Ike comes with Steady Breath so you should probably keep that on him.

VL!Ike comes with Warding Breath. Regular Ike comes with Heavy Blade. Out of all the Ikes, regular Ike is the only one where I would swap out Heavy Blade with something else.

oh welp guess I messed up.

I have a bunch of 4* kleins for fodder. 

I have Xander and he really wants his 5* weapon. Should I place him at the highest priority for a 5* ascension to get him usable in my Reinhardt-Cecilia/LA!Lilina-Priscilla? team.

Wait is Priscilla a decent pick for a mage cavalry team or should I just slap another mage horse in that slot.