Please don't thank me. Thank you

Jaoenkatsu

I didn't download this game in the hopes of a profound story and characters, but the interactions make me cringe more than any game I've ever played. If the characters aren't talking about things that have no impact on the players, they are kissing up to you on a level even greater than Corrin's posse in fates. I, personally dislike being thanked or praised for things that hardly took any effort. I'm on chapter 9 right now, and there hasn't been a single quote aimed at me that didn't have glorious praise in it. I feel I would enjoy the game better if I wasn't an acknowledged character-but maybe I'm alone on this point.

Sorry for the rant. 

The story is generic and pretty much non-existent. Well, it's a mobile game and it has superb gameplay to compensate.

Though I'm a little bit concerned with this tendency (extremely nice gameplay with cringeworthy story like in Conquest), it is okay for mobile spin-off.

The praise - well, yeah, I also hate these cheap attempts of making player feel "rewarded" with empty words of praise for nothing. Well, that's the tricks of casual gaming world. I just ignore it.

Well, given that the Summoner is basically the tactician of the group, I don't mind it as much. At least the character doesn't talk so I can at least imagine those parts for myself.

It's at least better than Corrin who is terrible at strategizing as well as basically anything with leadership but he gets praised for it anyway.

11 minutes ago, Avestus said:

The praise - well, yeah, I also hate these cheap attempts of making player feel "rewarded" with empty words of praise for nothing. Well, that's the tricks of casual gaming world. I just ignore it.

That's weird, I feel all the FE games do that all the time to the protagonist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kinda liked it when someone finally asked my character "so what's your world like?", and the resulting shock.  But otherwise, I ignore the easily-impressionable characters, and focus on other stuff, like training my team.

this is the reason why they should gut the player character from the series all together. ever since FE7 (your name and birthday here) contributes nothing to the story except taking all the other units out of character for a few lines to stroke your ego.