More shapeshifters?

Dragoncat

More shapeshifters in Heroes  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Not sure
  2. 2. If more are added what's your preference? What would you like to see?

• Beast laguz
    • Bird laguz
    • Dragon laguz
    • Taguel
    • KItsune
    • Wolfskin

So hopefully Tellius characters will be added eventually, so who else wants laguz? With the simplified mechanics I'm sure they would work like the manaketes. Also, would you like taguels, kitsunes, and wolfskins?

Voted for all but dragon laguz because there's already manaketes to fill the dragon role. 

Duh. It wouldn't be fair to leave out the laguz or the Awakening and Fates shapeshifters.

Beasts and dragons are my preferences though, since Ranulf is <3 and the dragon laguz are the coolest looking EVER when transformed.

Yeah I'm sure Ranulf is the most popular beast laguz. I wouldn't mind the dragon laguz, but since there's already manaketes they're not as likely? Maybe...

My preferences for laguz to be added:

Beast: Ranulf and Nailah

Bird: Tibarn and Naesala

Dragon: Nasir and Rannoc Oops, no OCs, dang xD Nasir and Kurthnaga.

I picked two of each but I hope they add more than that.

I'm surprised the Taguel are leading the poll. I see people complain about them more often than not, whether it's for them not being written well or not being too great as units. And they are pretty terribly written. I'd have liked them more if they weren't trying and failing to be like the herons story-wise.

Uh, Dcat, being a similarly functioning unit hasn't stopped both Roy and Chrom from being in... Or both Takumi and Virion. And literally anyone was able to be voted for in the Heroes poll, which implies that as many characters as possible will be added eventually.

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't mean similarly functioning, I meant similar otherwise, but yeah, good point.

Taguel got less than herons in terms of development/screentime. But they're clawed rabbit people. Unique. I think that's why they're in the lead.

It would be more of a surprise if shapeshifting characters don't make it into the game.  I'm definitely rooting for Laguz to be in before the other shapeshifters.  I wonder what color/type each of them would be.  Maybe have beast as red, bird as blue, and dragon as green?

36 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

It would be more of a surprise if shapeshifting characters don't make it into the game.  I'm definitely rooting for Laguz to be in before the other shapeshifters.  I wonder what color/type each of them would be.  Maybe have beast as red, bird as blue, and dragon as green?

Either that or claws = swords, talons = lances, fangs = axes, and beaks = bows/knives. So a cat like Ranulf would be red, Nailah would be green, Tibarn would be blue, etc. Red dragon = fire so they'd be red. If it were me I'd put white dragons in green and black ones in blue. Although Fa is green and she uses fire breath...

Edited by Dragoncat

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised the Taguel are leading the poll. I see people complain about them more often than not, whether it's for them not being written well or not being too great as units. And they are pretty terribly written. I'd have liked them more if they weren't trying and failing to be like the herons story-wise.

Uh, Dcat, being a similarly functioning unit hasn't stopped both Roy and Chrom from being in... Or both Takumi and Virion. And literally anyone was able to be voted for in the Heroes poll, which implies that as many characters as possible will be added eventually.

Well it's not the most popular shapechanger poll it's the preference of which ones to add to heroes. There's quite a few other things to consider because of that and it seems consistent to me. (And in regards to popularity Taguel is the only awakening option and the original 3ds beast, while tellius has 3 options)   

In regards to different fuction it is definitely still an issue just not as big of one. If two units share a function or similarites now doesn't mean they should do so in this case. (Not sure if your examples even work though don't know there abilities by heart) And the more unique roles have a better chance to be prioritized imo. But off the top of my head dragons do seem to have a smaller variety of weapons. 

Personally, I find the Tenguals interesting, along with the new generation's shapeshifters. I have so many ideas I want to throw out right now, but I am going to wait until the polls come out, and possibly wait until the next update (Feb 16th? They said every 2 weeks). 

Imo, I see Wolfskin being Red, Kitsune being Blue, and Tengaul being green. Haven't played Radience for a while, so I dont know about the beasts from there, but the cat one is cool looking. :)

Arw there any wolves from that game? Lol

Of the crop of beast characters in the games, I'd expect to see Ranulf, Caineghis, Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Selkie, Velouria, and maaaaaaybe the likes of Janaff/Mordecai/Panne. Although if they're a serious addition to the game in their own expansion or whatever as we expect, might well be that we could see more (although I think it depends on how they're treated as unit types). IDK if any of the Tellius dragons except maybe Kurthnaga are really popular/important enough to be included....? But I suppose that remains to be seen. Kurth (or Myrrh) could be another green-breath dragon, maybe. 

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

18 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I didn't mean similarly functioning, I meant similar otherwise, but yeah, good point.

Taguel got less than herons in terms of development/screentime. But they're clawed rabbit people. Unique. I think that's why they're in the lead.

It might also be the numbers game working in their favor-- Taguel are from Awakening, which pulled in a lot of new fans. So.... could be it -shrug-

18 hours ago, SHSL Ninja said:

Actually, I think there's a niche yet unfilled in this game that they could fulfill-- close-range neutral units. So long as they're balanced accordingly (being released alongside appropriate anti-beast characters), I think that would be fine, right? Beasts (all beast laguz + Taguel, if they're in) can be treated as infantry units and birds, needless to say, would be flying units a la pegasi and wyverns. They could roll them into the various colors too, but I don't think that would be very interesting tbh. 

Edited by BANRYU