Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

This entire thread in a nutshell.

Preconceived opinions of character value in a strategy game based on character is going to kill your entire gacha game experience.

Except like I just said, not getting favorite characters isn't the problem? The problem is getting the kind of units I actually need, ie archers, five star units, etc.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, with games like these, it takes a lotta patience and luck. I understand that you keep getting screwed in the latter, but this doesn't mean it's unplayable. You will eventually get better units. And you are eventually guaranteed a 5 star right? I don't exactly remember. That's much better than some games, where 5 star rate is 1% or lower and you aren't guaranteed one coughFate Grand Ordercough. Its a thing that comes with time and effort. And gacha games require a LOT of time and effort.

2 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

You're complaining that you just wasted money on a game that is designed with luck being a mechanic for gatchas, you didn't get the characters that you wanted OR would have balanced your team, therefore you call it a bad game.

If you don't like games with luck involved or you don't like it when things go your way - you should not be playing gatcha games. 

It is a bad game. It's not simply because I got really unlucky. I pointed out a number of other things, some of which people agreed with too.

I don't really like games that have a lot of luck involved, no. Maybe you're right and that I shouldn't be playing those games.

Is it "gacha" or "gatcha"? I see both spellings in here and now I have no idea which is supposed to be correct.

EDIT: I'm guaranteed a five star unit at the 120th pull. That's a LOT of orbs. And a LOT of money.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is a bad game. It's not simply because I got really unlucky. I pointed out a number of other things, some of which people agreed with too.

I don't really like games that have a lot of luck involved, no. Maybe you're right and that I shouldn't be playing those games.

Is it "gacha" or "gatcha"? I see both spellings in here and now I have no idea which is supposed to be correct.

Then keep that opinion to yourself  - when you say, 'it is a bad game', you're talking as if everyone shares the same opinion/view. If that's not how you meant to say it, then say 'I think this is a bad game' since you're referring to how you feel yourself. 

Edited by carefreejules

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except like I just said, not getting favorite characters isn't the problem? The problem is getting the kind of units I actually need, ie archers, five star units, etc.

You can get through normal mode with 4 3 star units without a healer.

You don't *need* 5 stars. They are luxuries.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

* For your expectations

Not really.

No, I can't, SOC. My team gets smashed in Awakening Tiki's map because she has mages with her and my team's res sucks. I also can't do too well in the arena with a team like this.

Sorry, carefreejules, I should've been clearer about it being an opinion. It is just an opinion.

Edited by Anacybele

If you're unwilling to put your personal opinions aside regarding units, I'm afraid you're going to be stuck in this rut for a hella long time. Until then, nobody here can help you despite our best efforts. It's all on you to get yourself out of your stubbornness to stick to a select few units.

As others have said, it's not your choice to decide which units you get; it's simply your choice to buy orbs and choose to obtain more characters, and to use whatever units the game randomly throws at you. If you dislike the characters and refuse to use them, then that's just digging a grave for yourself and taking the fun out of the game. This is the game's model. if you don't like it because you can't get what you like, it may not be the game for you.

Maybe in the future they will let us purchase particular units at 1* rank for a set number of orbs, in which case that would require a huge amount of effort to get to 5*.

But for now though, I'm out. There's literally nothing else that can be done except try to talk you into using different units you have in your inventory, but that's already failed. I'll keep lurking to see how things go and try to help again if needed.

Edited by Raven

There are some valid points, sure. But, for what you're expecting, Heroes is away from the norm of what you're used to in FE games. Also, there are plenty of other people that can even beat story mode without a 4* or 5* character. Making use of what you have, looking at your units' and enemies' skills, and forming good strategies can give you good results. (Of course, you'll still need to grind your units, but that's easy to do for many people.) Just because of how the game is from how you see it, doesn't mean it's a bad game. Fire Emblem Heroes is also actually more user-friendly towards the player than many other gacha games.

Edited by Linkmstr

7 minutes ago, Linkmstr said:

There are some valid points, sure. But, for what you're expecting, Heroes is away from the norm of what you're used to in FE games. Also, there are plenty of other people that can even beat story mode without a 4* or 5* character. Making use of what you have, looking at your units' and enemies' skills, and forming good strategies can give you good results. (Of course, you'll still need to grind your units, but that's easy to do for many people.) Just because of how the game is from how you see it, doesn't mean it's a bad game. Fire Emblem Heroes is also actually more user-friendly towards the player than many other gacha games.

I admit, it's more different than I thought it would be. But how can anyone beat the story mode without 4 or 5 star characters? Like I said, my team gets beaten. Sure, I got deep into chapter 8, but now I can't go any further.

I don't know many strategies or skills of the units. Everyone here seems to be assuming that I'm an expert, but I'm not. I don't think I would've mentioned having any problems if I WAS an expert. I need stronger units and a more balanced set of units.

I know I can't only use characters I like. I know I'll have to use characters I don't care for (can't say I care all that much about Draug, for example). The main problem is that my luck's been so bad that I'm not even getting any characters that will help (and I got two characters that I can't stand in Clarine and Peri). I suppose this is why I don't like luck-based games much. I never seem to have much good luck at all and always seem to have terrible luck.

Edited by Anacybele

Draug is a god, for he can CHOKE THIS POINT.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has characters I can't stand (HI LIGHTNING) yet I use them when needed because they work. Stop being stubborn about characters you "can't stand" and use what's available to you.

Mind you, Record Keeper is a vastly different beast, since characters aren't the source of the gacha. It's weapons and armor. But regardless.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I beat the story mode with a bunch of 3 stars, even if they were characters i dont usually care for. always keeping around new units that i dont have to experiment using always helps. I think the fact you sold off so many of your units gotten is bitting you in the butt. where you could of used them to get past this one obstical your current team is facing.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

I beat the story mode with a bunch of 3 stars, even if they were characters i dont usually care for. always keeping around new units that i dont have to experiment using always helps. I think the fact you sold off so many of your units gotten is bitting you in the butt. where you could of used them to get past this one obstical your current team is facing.

I don't think I could've used them to get past that chapter though, that's the thing. I could be wrong there, sure, but I wasn't going to risk wasting time putting effort into them only for them to not work out in the end.

4 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Draug is a god, for he can CHOKE THIS POINT.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has characters I can't stand (HI LIGHTNING) yet I use them when needed because they work. Stop being stubborn about characters you "can't stand" and use what's available to you.

How could I have used what was available to me when they were basically repeats of units I already had? It'd be the same as repeatedly using a failing strategy.

Like I keep saying OVER AND OVER, the problem wasn't disliking the characters, the problem was them not filling certain needs.

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder if you bothered to check what skills the units you sent away could of done, An axe cavalier could have very different stats to use compared to fredrick that could of helped deal with mages. or perhaps one you sent home had a skill to give your allies resistances. if you just removed them without taking a good look into them. then you most likely screwed yourself out of a convient way to deal with a mage.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I admit, it's more different than I thought it would be. But how can anyone beat the story mode without 4 or 5 star characters? Like I said, my team gets beaten. Sure, I got deep into chapter 8, but now I can't go any further.

I don't know many strategies or skills of the units. Everyone here seems to be assuming that I'm an expert, but I'm not. I don't think I would've mentioned having any problems if I WAS an expert. I need stronger units and a more balanced set of units.

I know I can't only use characters I like. I know I'll have to use characters I don't care for (can't say I care all that much about Draug, for example). The main problem is that my luck's been so bad that I'm not even getting any characters that will help (and I got two characters that I can't stand in Clarine and Peri). I suppose this is why I don't like luck-based games much. I never seem to have much good luck at all and always seem to have terrible luck.

With only three stars will be hard, especially on Lunatic. Four stars should be very doable though. 

If you don't know many skills, start going through them for all the characters you pull and see how they would be usefull in certain situations. Also, before you do battle, always check all of the enemy skills so you know what you're up against. It's really a neccesity because skills like Aegis, -breaker skills and such make a lot of difference. 

You do need a balanced set of units. But one of them really is a mage (or you can go for your F!Corrin). It is vital that you have mixed damage. I remember you saying the name of one but because she was from Elibe you didn't want to use her. Stuff like this won't get you further. Don't make excuses that the game doesn't like you and that it's bad, because it will get you nowhere. You send units home because you didn't think they would help you or because you didn't like them, but with the summons you did I refuse to believe you could not make a decent team. If you had a lot of duplicates, you could have merged them giving that unit a lot of free stats. You could even sell them later, they would have given you the same amount of feathers. In the meanwhile, you could have used them to clear some more chapters, earn orbs, and spend them on summons again. 

Partly, this game is ofcourse luck-based with getting units for summoning. But it's also with working what you have. If you're not into luck-based games and it only makes you frustrated, maybe it's indeed better not to play this. If you still want to play it eventhough you know this, be ready to set aside your mindset of not using a lot of units or making slow progress in the Tower. 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The drawing characters part is luck-based, but everything else is similar to how FE games are. Like making preparations, choosing units, looking at stats and skills, etc. It's fine if you're not an expert, many start out the same way. Sometimes, you just need to take advice of what people are saying. Like, maybe instead of rushing in, let the enemies come to you. Let them get baited. The terrain can also be used to your advantage, like the forests to slow infantry/cavalry units down. Plus, the game doesn't have hit rate or crit rate, so it's easy to predict your enemies' and what your next moves are. If all else, you still have the option to use the training tower to grind.

Not everyone is great at strategizing when they first start off, but taking in tips and advice from others and keeping them in mind can help you grow as a tactician.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like I keep saying OVER AND OVER, the problem wasn't disliking the characters, the problem was them not filling certain needs.

Yet you just said that you won't use Peri (4* I guess?) who's a very good unit to replace your Sharena, since she's mobile, get awesome skills and has a good Res. She is fast and hits hard too, mine carried me through the game after I benched Sharena and I'm still using her in my main team. And I hate her new voice, lines and artwork. 

Felicia's awesome too. If you don't give characters their chances, you'll keep failing.

4 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Yet you just said that you won't use Peri (4* I guess?) who's a very good unit to replace your Sharena, since she's mobile, get awesome skills and has a good Res. She is fast and hits hard too, mine carried me through the game after I benched Sharena and I'm still using her in my main team. And I hate her new voice, lines and artwork. 

Felicia's awesome too. If you don't give characters their chances, you'll keep failing.

And Clarine. She won't use Clarine.

9 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Sharena is very good already though. She's fast, not that weak, and has Rally Attack.

Felicia sucks in my opinion though.

10 minutes ago, Linkmstr said:

The drawing characters part is luck-based, but everything else is similar to how FE games are. Like making preparations, choosing units, looking at stats and skills, etc. It's fine if you're not an expert, many start out the same way. Sometimes, you just need to take advice of what people are saying. Like, maybe instead of rushing in, let the enemies come to you. Let them get baited. The terrain can also be used to your advantage, like the forests to slow infantry/cavalry units down. Plus, the game doesn't have hit rate or crit rate, so it's easy to predict your enemies' and what your next moves are. If all else, you still have the option to use the training tower to grind.

Not everyone is great at strategizing when they first start off, but taking in tips and advice from others and keeping them in mind can help you grow as a tactician.

Letting enemies come to me is normally my strategy. The terrain seems to always be at the enemy's advantage and my complete disadvantage. So... What then?

12 minutes ago, Birdy said:

With only three stars will be hard, especially on Lunatic. Four stars should be very doable though. 

If you don't know many skills, start going through them for all the characters you pull and see how they would be usefull in certain situations. Also, before you do battle, always check all of the enemy skills so you know what you're up against. It's really a neccesity because skills like Aegis, -breaker skills and such make a lot of difference. 

You do need a balanced set of units. But one of them really is a mage (or you can go for your F!Corrin). It is vital that you have mixed damage. I remember you saying the name of one but because she was from Elibe you didn't want to use her. Stuff like this won't get you further. Don't make excuses that the game doesn't like you and that it's bad, because it will get you nowhere. You send units home because you didn't think they would help you or because you didn't like them, but with the summons you did I refuse to believe you could not make a decent team. If you had a lot of duplicates, you could have merged them giving that unit a lot of free stats. You could even sell them later, they would have given you the same amount of feathers. In the meanwhile, you could have used them to clear some more chapters, earn orbs, and spend them on summons again. 

Partly, this game is ofcourse luck-based with getting units for summoning. But it's also with working what you have. If you're not into luck-based games and it only makes you frustrated, maybe it's indeed better not to play this. If you still want to play it eventhough you know this, be ready to set aside your mindset of not using a lot of units or making slow progress in the Tower. 

I've looked at the skill sets of some characters, but I haven't seen Aegis or breaker skills on them. But maybe I didn't look at the right ones.

I haven't seen an option to check enemy stats or skills?

Sophia was the Elibe mage I pulled THREE times. But as someone pointed out earlier, her speed is a big problem. And mages like her have low defenses, so if she's doubled, she's killed very quickly.

I think I was a little wrong to say I wouldn't use any Elibe characters period. I would PREFER not to, but there are a few I guess I would use. If I pulled Lilina instead of Sophia, for example, I'd give her a chance.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've looked at the skill sets of some characters, but I haven't seen Aegis or breaker skills on them. But maybe I didn't look at the right ones.

I haven't seen an option to check enemy stats or skills?

Sophia was the Elibe mage I pulled THREE times. But as someone pointed out earlier, her speed is a big problem. And mages like her have low defenses, so if she's doubled, she's killed very quickly.

I think I was a little wrong to say I wouldn't use any Elibe characters period. I would PREFER not to, but there are a few I guess I would use. If I pulled Lilina instead of Sophia, for example, I'd give her a chance.

If you press an enemy unit, you can click their skills that will show up in the top right under A, B and C. It helps a lot!

There was also Cecilia, I believe. But yes, most mages have low defense, which is where Freddy comes in to be their knight in shining armor. Anyway, I'm glad you're opening the window a bit for the posibility of addind some mages if you get them. I feel like we're getting somewhere xD. Hopefully once you get enough orbs again, you'll get a bit lucky and roll some good, likeable units aswell =).

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sharena is very good already though. She's fast, not that weak, and has Rally Attack.

Felicia sucks in my opinion though.

But Peri is 4*, has much more Res and a skill that debuffs enemies within a two tiles radius's Def at the start of each turn. And 3 Mov makes things a lot easier.

Felicia is the perfect anti-mage, has incredible Res, range attack, good speed and has an amazing skill that adds 50 (later 80)% of her Res to her attack, and since she's fast, it procs quite often and adds a massive +20 to her attack. She can debuff, and heals the allies around her when she attacks.

IMG_0361.PNG

19 minutes ago, Linkmstr said:

7 minutes ago, Birdy said:

If you press an enemy unit, you can click their skills that will show up in the top right under A, B and C. It helps a lot!

There was also Cecilia, I believe. But yes, most mages have low defense, which is where Freddy comes in to be their knight in shining armor. Anyway, I'm glad you're opening the window a bit for the posibility of addind some mages if you get them. I feel like we're getting somewhere xD. Hopefully once you get enough orbs again, you'll get a bit lucky and roll some good, likeable units aswell =).

I thought Cecilia was a healer. I suppose I didn't really pay attention there and that's my fault. I don't really care to use her, but maybe if I get her again, I will. I don't know. I'm not confident in my luck anymore though...

Felicia still sucks in my opinion. I won't say it again.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Felicia still sucks in my opinion. I won't say it again.

i wonder if your just basing that hate on her fates appearance in general and not what she does in heroes. oh well.

Just now, Thany said:

i wonder if your just basing that hate on her fates appearance in general and not what she does in heroes. oh well.

Nope. My dislike of her is based on her personality. She's a repeat of Sumia to me (both forcibly klutzy and annoying "cute" females) and I didn't like her at all either.

Edited by Anacybele