Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nope. My dislike of her is based on her personality. She's a repeat of Sumia to me (both forcibly klutzy and annoying "cute" females) and I didn't like her at all either.

So based on her appearance in Fates, like i said. even if you dislike her you shouldnt ignore what she can do for you in battle.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna point out, skills and stats differ between units of the same class, which can give them different uses.  I'll use Shanna and Catria, since I have both of them at 4*, as an example.

Both Shanna and Catria are Lance Pegs with a Killer Lance+ as their 5* weapon.  But besides that, their uses couldn't be more different.

Catria's main strengths over Shanna are her access to Seal Attack, physical defense, attack, and Luna.  This makes her a surprisingly good Armorkiller, and decent survivability against physical units (axemen aside)

Shanna, meanwhile, has Threaten Speed, high speed herself, Resistance and Iceberg (boosts attack using Res).  Compared to Catria, who is more oriented about killing off physical units and piercing defenses, Shanna's all about that magekilling and helping other units double, and is much better at doubling herself.  

Of course, both have that flyer utility.  

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What advantage does flying have? It is better on terrain, but that's it as far as I can see. And there aren't many maps where that would honestly be really useful.

Your going to be dealing with moutains and lava at some point, and having someone ignore such things to just go and kill will be really helpful. Also depending on the flier you get. they are really good at Resisting magic attacks (as long as its not a wyvern) for them Its also good for them that terrain dont give any bonuses in this game so there is no disadvantage to useing them, its about attacking the enemy while they are out of range to get you. i can imagin that if dark fliers got implimented. they would be super annoying to deal with.

Edited by Thany

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

Your going to be dealing with moutains and lava at some point, and having someone ignore such things to just go and kill will be really helpful. Also depending on the flier you get. they are really good at Resisting magic attacks (as long as its not a wyvern) for them Its also good for them that terrain dont give any bonuses in this game so there is no disadvantage to useing them, its about attacking the enemy while they are out of range to get you. i can imagin that if dark fliers got implimented. they would be super annoying to deal with.

Hm, I see. I still have a four star Palla. I'll try her out and if she works, I'll temporarily ditch Olivia.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hm, I see. I still have a four star Palla. I'll try her out and if she works, I'll temporarily ditch Olivia.

I would suggesting bringing some shuriken users and mabey a healer to help Palla level up faster in the early training towers. and perhaps a unit to deal with her weapon disadvantage.

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

I would suggesting bringing some shuriken users and mabey a healer to help Palla level up faster in the early training towers. and perhaps a unit to deal with her weapon disadvantage.

I second this. If you bring Olivia too and another unit that doesn't hit too hard or debuffs, as I explained earlier, you'll be able to get her all the kills without dying, so you can chose more difficult maps and she'll level up even more quickly. In 2 hours she can get to level 20 like that.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

From what I'm reading here, it really sounds to me like this just isn't your kind of game, Ana.  As others have said, Gachapon games like FE Heroes and Fate/Grand Order require a lot of patience and perseverance (and luck, that too).  You need to be willing to use characters you don't necessarily like until you can get characters you do like (which for you might be awhile since at the moment we are devoid of Tellius characters).

Honestly, my advice to you is that you should probably stop playing, at least until we get a Tellius update.

I'm also training female Corrin at the same time though, btw. And so far it's going okay.

And Geek, I was considering that, but I really want Ryoma, and when more characters are added, he's going to be even rarer than he already is since he'll be among more possible pulls. I'd like to try for him while no character updates have been added. Also, Frederick exists. :P

Another issue I see are "trashy" 3* characters.  Most characters won't look like much out of the box.  However, time and skills make a huge difference.  I have yet to send home any character (not even the 1* recruits), because I want to see how each character is.  Some examples:

- Odin's got the ugliest start I can imagine.  He doesn't hit very hard initially, and he's somewhat slow and frail.  I got him up to level 20ish, and he wound up with a ton of HP, a weapon that gains power based on his buffs, and a burning hatred for red tome users.  I used feathers to get him up to 4*, and he's currently my strongest blue unit.

- Remember that 2* Raigh that looked useless?  His 3* incarnation gains Rally Attack and a weapon that deals a ton of damage to horses.  Like Odin, he'll be bulky enough to take a couple of hits.  I used feathers to get his 2* up to 3*, merged him with an existing 3*, then got him to 4*.  He's going to rip Narcian's crew a new one.

- Henry's like Odin, but with worse level-ups.  Until he gets that one weapon that is super-effective against colorless units, and a skill that makes green tomes cry.

- Gordin is slow.  Gordin doesn't hit very hard, until he gets a Brave Bow.  Then, he murders everything that isn't a tank.  Vantage makes no sense on him, but it's irrelevant, since things aren't supposed to survive a round of combat with him.  Oh, and he also shoves people.

- Donnel. . .okay, fine, I gave him 19 levels, and he hasn't impressed me.  Brave Lance denotes a player-phase nuke, but he's also got Draw Back for whatever reason, and he doesn't have Gordin's impressive defenses to make up for it.  I'm sure there's a use for him, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Don't underestimate a unit based on their star rating.  You never know who's going to bail you out of a predicament.

Oh, I know that even lower star units can eventually become good. I just feel like feathers are better saved for upgrading four stars to five stars and sometimes three stars to four stars.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I know that even lower star units can eventually become good. I just feel like feathers are better saved for upgrading four stars to five stars and sometimes three stars to four stars.

I'm having a blast with the 4* units - they're strong enough where I can see their niches, but they don't feel overly specialized.  My arena team is 4* only, and they're doing a better job than when I had Tiki in there.  Now that I have a strong core, I can save up feathers, since I have several strong contenders for 5*.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm having a blast with the 4* units - they're strong enough where I can see their niches, but they don't feel overly specialized.  My arena team is 4* only, and they're doing a better job than when I had Tiki in there.  Now that I have a strong core, I can save up feathers, since I have several strong contenders for 5*.

When the game notice that you have 5* team. They intentionally put more 5* to bring you down. Kinda sad...

I am tempted to do a 4* team... But.. who knows. I am clearing Advanced pretty easily ... except 7/7... Goddamn Takumi (I would need a mage user to defeat him... but........ugh.... I dont want 2 red on a team)

Honestly? Just having 4* is good enough at times. Even 3* is nice. You get a majority of their skills at 4* anyways. At first I was thinking of 5* Olivia for my first 20k feathers but then I realized not only is that a big drop of feathers, but I could be raising other good units for less than a tenth of the feathers and keep saving up for that eventual 5* any unit.

I judged Alphonse harshly during his 2* period, but he's gotten better somewhat as a 3*. He's not speedy but now he's not getting doubled as much and you can see his Attack truly start to shine. Just goes to show how just going up in one rarity can mean a big difference--and that's only for 200 feathers!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

What advantage does flying have? It is better on terrain, but that's it as far as I can see. And there aren't many maps where that would honestly be really useful.

In addition to crossing mountains, water, and lava, they can also cross forests with no penalty, and forests are very common.

The main advantage of upgrading the rarity of a character is gaining access to the top tier of certain skills and their final weapon as opposed to the character's raw stats.

I don't think stat growths are affected by rarity (but I haven't tested them out yet to be sure), but upgrading a 4-star character to a 5-star character increases your raw stats by only a mere 3 points total spread across the 5 stats.

I found the main chapters really easy and enjoyable and scaled up in difficulty to give me a kick out of it towards the end.

I can understand why it may be hard for some people because

1) If all I had were the starting heroes -i.e. Alfonse / Anna / Sharena / Matthew / Raigh to try and finish the whole game I would have raged quit a long time ago.

- I tried doing the main chapters with 5* Robin / 5* Sakura / 2* Anna / 2* Alfonse, and everybody was level appropriate for the chapter (no extra grinding).. oh my god.. i don't even know where to start with 2* Anna / Alfonse

2) If you don't understand the game mechanics, you pointlessly waste a lot of the limited free resources the game gives you

3) You have the work out a lot of the game mechanics yourself, not too much handholding apart from Anna teaching you how to move towards a hero, and Alfonse teaching the weapon triangle

I read somwhere that you posted that you were using your mum's data as well, so I'm guessing you're young-ish? And young-ish kids probably aren't their main target audience for this game, probs a bit challenging for young-ish people.

19 minutes ago, nstyler said:

I read somwhere that you posted that you were using your mum's data as well, so I'm guessing you're young-ish? And young-ish kids probably aren't their main target audience for this game, probs a bit challenging for young-ish people.

Don't belittle people based on their age (or what you think their age is).  And this is coming from one of the oldest members on the board.

Edited by eclipse

Just now, eclipse said:

Don't belittle people based on their age.  And this is coming from one of the oldest members on the board.

Hmm.. i'm not particularly old myself. so definitely not intentionally belittling , apologies that it came across that way :(

I'm just drawing from experience, having grown up as the oldest of 3 siblings, that age definitely did seem to give an advantage with the learning curve of the game - which eventually plateaus out over time. 

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Don't belittle people based on their age (or what you think their age is).  And this is coming from one of the oldest members on the board.

Seconded. Long time no see btw Clipse.

What you said IS very rude. Just because I share my mom's data doesn't mean I'm a child. For your information, I'm 25, going on 26 in three months. Watch what you say next time, please. (believe me, this is good advice. I try to follow it often myself)

I decided to pick Virion back up since I don't feel like I'm ever going to get another archer (remember, all my colorless summons have been healers and those summons at all have been few and far between). Of course, it's hard because he's freaking two star, but what choice do I have...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What you said IS very rude. Just because I share my mom's data doesn't mean I'm a child. For your information, I'm 25, going on 26 in three months. Watch what you say next time, please. (believe me, this is good advice. I try to follow it often myself)

I decided to pick Virion back up since I don't feel like I'm ever going to get another archer (remember, all my colorless summons have been healers and those summons at all have been few and far between). Of course, it's hard because he's freaking two star, but what choice do I have...

What you can do is level him up to about 17 or so, then use the shards from My Nintendo to get him up to 20.  It costs 200 feathers to get him to 3*. . .and that's where the fireworks begin!

Just now, eclipse said:

What you can do is level him up to about 17 or so, then use the shards from My Nintendo to get him up to 20.  It costs 200 feathers to get him to 3*. . .and that's where the fireworks begin!

Yeah, I'm aware. And I was going to do that, actually.

19 minutes ago, Wen Yang said:

Seconded. Long time no see btw Clipse.

Yo~!

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm aware. And I was going to do that, actually.

Virion's great, once he gets out of the 2* rut.  His skill set makes sense, and he can actually take a hit!  He even kept "DIe...with magnificence!"

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yo~!

Virion's great, once he gets out of the 2* rut.  His skill set makes sense, and he can actually take a hit!  He even kept "DIe...with magnificence!"

Yeah, I like that line.

BUT WHY DOES FREDDY NOT HAVE HIS BADASS PICK A GOD AND PRAY? That's so stupid. :(