Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm tired of grinding in the tower right now, I'm bored of it. I just spent practically the last day and a half doing that. And I would still rather not have to upgrade Corrin right now since she's only three star. And she's the only unit I have with magic damage that I can use. Robin is too weak right now and as I said, I'm tired of going into the tower (he's also another weak three star). I'm out of stamina anyway and I don't want to use anymore stamina potions right now since I already used a few of them as it is.

I only have 11 orbs, not yet enough to do a full summon.

I know stats matter. But just one or two maps before, Frederick could nearly one-shot armors and double some of them. Now all of a sudden he can barely scratch one? That's way too big of a jump in enemy strength.

Rally Skill? None of my units can get that. I haven't seen it on any of their lists.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the stamina meter to fill back up again, and then I can do some more hard chapters for orbs.

Raigh gets Rally Attack once he hits 3*.

What level is Frederick at?  And does he double the armors?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't have Raigh. And who was talking about Rally Attack anyway? Not to mention Sharena has it. We said Rally Skill.

Freddy's at lv. 24. He doubles armors around half the time. I'd like to team him with Virion because Virion has a speed-increasing skill, but he won't do damage to those armors...

I don't know what your team consists of right now, but you need a balanced team to do well against most enemies. Once you've gathered a team (e.g. one red, one blue, one green, one colourless - at least one magic unit amongst this lot), you can go into the training tower and fight against enemies that are either equal to your team's average level, or just a bit better to get better EXP gains.

Also, how's your castle % going? Remember that getting this to 100% is the most important thing to do when starting the game. Raising your team's levels will be so much less of a drag.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Raigh. And who was talking about Rally Attack anyway? Not to mention Sharena has it. We said Rally Skill.

Freddy's at lv. 24. He doubles armors around half the time. I'd like to team him with Virion because Virion has a speed-increasing skill, but he won't do damage to those armors...

Raigh's really funny.  He was able to eat a Triangle-Adept powered blue magic attack, and deal damage in return.  Rally Attack means that Frederick does more damage.  Two of them means that Sharena has a shot of dealing damage, too.

I think Frederick needs a couple more levels.  For that map, my team was a couple levels higher than the recommended level.

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

I don't know what your team consists of right now, but you need a balanced team to do well against most enemies. Once you've gathered a team (e.g. one red, one blue, one green, one colourless - at least one magic unit amongst this lot), you can go into the training tower and fight against enemies that are either equal to your team's average level, or just a bit better to get better EXP gains.

Also, how's your castle % going? Remember that getting this to 100% is the most important thing to do when starting the game. Raising your team's levels will be so much less of a drag.

I kind of have two teams, but the second team isn't quite as strong as the first one. First team has red, green, and blue units. Second team has red, green, blue, and one colorless.

I've done four castle upgrades. It hasn't really made much of a difference. I can see a difference, but not a big one.

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

I think they meant (a) Rally skill, not Rally Skill specifically(since skill isn't a stat in heroes)

Oh. My bad. I forgot that the skill stat doesn't exist in this game. xP

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I believe those armors in particular (9-2) have the skill that they can't get doubled if they're above 70/90 (either, can't remember)% health. He should be able to double them after, they have like 7 speed I believe.

Yes I was wondering if she was using her rally skill (as in skill that rallies) I thought I confused her units and she had a sheema or something. (I was going to say the skill the tutorial outright points out as helpful but decided that would seem rude, but there you go) Funnily enough one of the things i was trying to point out in regards to armours was that there are less stats to make up for thier disadvantages which in the main series skill is often where it goes. 

Edited by goodperson707

There is more of a difference at the lower levels than the higher. Either the enemies around Level 25 don't give as much EXP or the EXP bar is long enough to not notice a difference. I know considering I'm trying to raise Adult Tiki for the Lunatic infantry quest and it's being a slog after Level 25.

With how your team is, you're probably going to be attempting maps a couple times. Don't be frustrated. Stamina is meant to be that roadblock even if you were successful on a map. Do training tower while we still got 1/2 stamina cost. Do Arena as it doesn't eat stamina and you still get EXP. I might jump on the camp of +100% EXP soon as I have myself a nice collection and don't feel I'm hurting in any area, bar having an SS Tier character--and the meta is always changing so it's not guaranteed they'll always be top, you know? That's the good thing about content that can be easily updated. If anything, you just need a team you're comfortable with while still being able to get around your weaknesses. Like Pokemon.

WTA/WTD does bigger bonuses/penalties than they do in mainline Fire Emblem. Never be afraid to switch units that are lower leveled but have better colors for a map. Since WTA/WTD targets Attack, how your Defense/Resistance is doesn't matter as much so long as they can actually take the hit and kill.

gameplay wise, the campaign was ridiculously easy until late lunatic. the training tower screws you up sometimes, but i dont mind challenging maps and the occasional ridiculous hectorunit thats slaughters your team. likewise, i dont mind orbs being difficult to get since nintendo wants their money but i hope theres a better way of getting more than the dailys and the monthly mission after the campaign dries out. i love the narcian map, had to juggle around a few units and wait a billion hours for my stamina to come back but it was worth it.

the thing that bothers me about this game is the stamina being locked into 50. i know some mobile games increase your max stamina so you can play longer when youre a higher level so i hope it gets implemented into the game. maybe +1-3 max stamina after beating a chapter (+1 for normal, +2 for hard, + 3 for lunatic)? also faster swords for arena and a guaranteed 4* or higher in one full pull would be nice.

Yeah, I hope we can increase stamina a bit in the future too.

I did some hard difficulty story chapters and got enough orbs for a full summon, but my luck will never change... I still didn't really like what I got. Another female Corrin, two Subakis, a Stahl, and a Selena. Selena is the only one I ditched though. I merged the Corrins and Subakis. And I like Stahl enough to keep him (he's four star too).

I also have an attachment to Peg knights and cav knights.

This game seems to sense that I really like tanky units, Peg knights, and cavs (and Frederick since I've gotten two of him in total as well lol), but I only had red and blue summons available that time and I wanted colorless to try for archers again... Sigh.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This game seems to sense that I really like tanky units, Peg knights, and cavs (and Frederick since I've gotten two of him in total as well lol), but I only had red and blue summons available that time and I wanted colorless to try for archers again... Sigh.

i wish i had as many cavs as you, im stuck on the lunatic quest where you need a cavalier to kill a bunch of 35+ enemies because my only cavalier is a 3* eliwood and hes not the best unit to invest in.

meanwhile ive got 2 5* wyvern riders and about 8 mages and 4 healers like rng why

im so tempted to forego saving 20 orbs just to spam and see if i can pull a takumi or a hector but i reeeeaaaally shouldnt. curse those orbs.

3 minutes ago, Saleh said:

i wish i had as many cavs as you, im stuck on the lunatic quest where you need a cavalier to kill a bunch of 35+ enemies because my only cavalier is a 3* eliwood and hes not the best unit to invest in.

meanwhile ive got 2 5* wyvern riders and about 8 mages and 4 healers like rng why

im so tempted to forego saving 20 orbs just to spam and see if i can pull a takumi or a hector but i reeeeaaaally shouldnt. curse those orbs.

I mean, he's still an A on the tier list, such as Abel, Olivia, Fae, Felicia. From experience, these guys fill their purposes fine.

Why do you say he's not worth investing? I don't know about Eliwood at all.

Wait a minute. Don't you have Gunter from the special map? Granted, he's 2* at most, but same tier as Eliwood and the rest I mentioned. He could be decent. Even if you raise him to just a 3*, he should be fine.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did some hard difficulty story chapters and got enough orbs for a full summon, but my luck will never change... I still didn't really like what I got. Another female Corrin, two Subakis, a Stahl, and a Selena. Selena is the only one I ditched though. I merged the Corrins and Subakis. And I like Stahl enough to keep him (he's four star too).

It's unfortunate but at least they're going to a cause. I believe I heard it'll reduce Subaki and Corrin's feather cost when you want to unlock potential. No worries. I got unlucky and pulled Selena twice in a session, both 3*.

May I ask why you're going for Archers? I haven't seen if you got yourself a decent Tome/Dragon. And I highly doubt it's just because of Takumi you're going for Archers, haha.

3 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

May I ask why you're going for Archers? I haven't seen if you got yourself a decent Tome/Dragon. And I highly doubt it's just because of Takumi you're going for Archers, haha.

Partly because Takumi and partly because I don't want Virion to be the only archer I ever get. I'd be content with getting Gordin or Jeorge or whoever even though I'd prefer Takumi.

...Oh wait, I forgot I did get Niles once. But I don't like him. He creeps me the fuck out. So he's the only one I refuse to use.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Partly because Takumi and partly because I don't want Virion to be the only archer I ever get. I'd be content with getting Gordin or Jeorge or whoever even though I'd prefer Takumi.

...Oh wait, I forgot I did get Niles once. But I don't like him. He creeps me the fuck out. So he's the only one I refuse to use.

Mm, fair enough. Just be careful about your Orbs. It's not unheard of for games to hold an event like the banners and then have an event right after (you know, incentivizing you to spend money after you used all your free Orbs).

Well, at least you'll have a better time getting an Archer than getting a specific sword like I've been trying for. Not even a 5* one either...

3 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Mm, fair enough. Just be careful about your Orbs. It's not unheard of for games to hold an event like the banners and then have an event right after (you know, incentivizing you to spend money after you used all your free Orbs).

Oh, I'm aware. Remember, I play Disney Magic Kingdoms. I've already had to shell out some money for Halloween, Christmas, and most recently Lunar Festival/Chinese New Year events. :P I expect an Easter one and maybe even St. Patrick's Day to follow. There probably would've been a Valentine's Day one as well if not for the Lunar Festival/Chinese New Year being at around the same time.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I mean, he's still an A on the tier list, such as Abel, Olivia, Fae, Felicia. From experience, these guys fill their purposes fine.

Why do you say he's not worth investing? I don't know about Eliwood at all.

Wait a minute. Don't you have Gunter from the special map? Granted, he's 2* at most, but same tier as Eliwood and the rest I mentioned. He could be decent. Even if you raise him to just a 3*, he should be fine.

im going to be honest and admit im being petty because eliwoods art is so ugly lol

ive been low on stamina because of lunatic campaign so i dont have enough to train my lower units up. ill probably train him up alongside gunter when i finish chapter 9 but for now hes benched.

16 minutes ago, Saleh said:

im going to be honest and admit im being petty because eliwoods art is so ugly lol

ive been low on stamina because of lunatic campaign so i dont have enough to train my lower units up. ill probably train him up alongside gunter when i finish chapter 9 but for now hes benched.

Yeah, Eliwood looks bug-eyed in his art for some reason.  I haven't Pulled him, yet, so using him's a moot point for me.

Another art that stands out is Arthur's.  It's not bad per se, but the style is just so different than the rest that it looks jarring.  It looks like they were trying to go for a comic book style.

I'd like to see further Castle Upgrades added that give you a higher Stamina or reduce the cost of missions.

27 minutes ago, Saleh said:

That's okay. His art is pretty bad, haha. Just was wondering if there was anything else that made Eliwood bad.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I'm aware. Remember, I play Disney Magic Kingdoms. I've already had to shell out some money for Halloween, Christmas, and most recently Lunar Festival/Chinese New Year events. :P I expect an Easter one and maybe even St. Patrick's Day to follow. There probably would've been a Valentine's Day one as well if not for the Lunar Festival/Chinese New Year being at around the same time.

Eesh. I try not to spend money but there are temptations, oh are there...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

How averse are you to running Gunter?  If you can pull a lance cavalier, you'd have an insane horse team.  I'm VERY fond of Stahl, due to his abilities.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How averse are you to running Gunter?  If you can pull a lance cavalier, you'd have an insane horse team.  I'm VERY fond of Stahl, due to his abilities.

How common are the Skills and weapons effective against Cavalry?  I'm hesitant to keep more than one of a unit type, although Gunter looks like he gives great bonuses.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How common are the Skills and weapons effective against Cavalry?  I'm hesitant to keep more than one of a unit type, although Gunter looks like he gives great bonuses.

Not that common, from my experience.  However, keep a sharp eye out for Raigh - he'll ruin your day with a giant grin on his face.

All you need is a solid team for now to clear content with, it doesn't matter what units, although people like Takumi/Hector/Azura/Falchion User/Manakete are preferred.

Just save up your orbs until a banner you like comes around, as aiming for a full team of Ike's is almost an impossibility without whaling hard. 

Yeah, it'll be pretty hard to do, I imagine. I'm even thinking now I should just go for the special costume Ike and RD Ike for now. And if I get lucky and nab more Ikes later, cool!