Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I got my Lyn to 40 by feeding every kill to her no matter what type. It was pretty easy took like 4 days. Used a few stamina potions

Every time I try to feed every kill to a unit or two that I'm trying to level, they get killed (mainly because they can't trump every single character they'll go against), so I have a hard time believing you.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's times like this when I wish I had a Hammer user lying around, because I honestly do believe you could do it with just two damage units, and I'd definitely try to demo it if I could. I get that my belief alone won't hold too much weight, and since I'm not currently capable of getting hard evidence, I'll just let it play out. Best of luck to you, though.

On the getting units to lv. 40 thing, training tower and story mode for me, mostly. I also burned all my stamina potions because I'm impatient like that lol.

The game is fine where it is in terms of being challenging. It'll be boring if it was just that much easier.

I came from a world where exp grinding existed, where you'd grind exp for 2 weeks in order to get 1/2 a level. Man up and enjoy the ride. Not everything is instant in the world we live in.

2 minutes ago, Aymodez said:

The game is fine where it is in terms of being challenging. It'll be boring if it was just that much easier.

I came from a world where exp grinding existed, where you'd grind exp for 2 weeks in order to get 1/2 a level. Man up and enjoy the ride. Not everything is instant in the world we live in.

I never said it had to be THAT easy? There's a difference.

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It's times like this when I wish I had a Hammer user lying around, because I honestly do believe you could do it with just two damage units, and I'd definitely try to demo it if I could. I get that my belief alone won't hold too much weight, and since I'm not currently capable of getting hard evidence, I'll just let it play out. Best of luck to you, though.

On the getting units to lv. 40 thing, training tower and story mode for me, mostly. I also burned all my stamina potions because I'm impatient like that lol.

I'm still hesitant to try that. But if I find that nothing else seems to be working for me, I'll probably have no choice.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Every time I try to feed every kill to a unit or two that I'm trying to level, they get killed (mainly because they can't trump every single character they'll go against), so I have a hard time believing you.

We'll that's the thing leveling up a 5 star is Astronomically different than leveling up a 4 star. And Lyn has a semi-subatomic metric poop ton of resistance so she was able to devour mages with ease. Like I said your units don't stink, you just need to get up your fat ones so they can nibble some damage.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never said it had to be THAT easy? There's a difference.

I'm still hesitant to try that. But if I find that nothing else seems to be working for me, I'll probably have no choice.

You consider it as an issue with the game in your first post. Getting exp is difficult with heroes getting killed, but that's the challenge. Maps are laid out for you to check out what troop colors you'll be facing... adjust to them. That means, having multiple heroes leveled to be able to face X map at X level with multiple team composition. Not just having your cookie-cutter team that you've used since day 1. 

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

We'll that's the thing leveling up a 5 star is Astronomically different than leveling up a 4 star. And Lyn has a semi-subatomic metric poop ton of resistance so she was able to devour mages with ease. Like I said your units don't stink, you just need to get up your fat ones so they can nibble some damage.

OMG, I almost misread this as "you just need to get up off your fat ass so they can nibble some damage" and was going to say how offensive and not even accurate that is since I'm quite skinny. I'm glad you DIDN'T actually say that.

Anyway, I still feel like I'm just not that good at the game either, but I can agree that I probably need more levels anyway. Which I'll definitely try to get. I at least want a lv. 40 five star Freddy. Even if I have to upgrade him again first for that...

EDIT:

You consider it as an issue with the game in your first post. Getting exp is difficult with heroes getting killed, but that's the challenge. Maps are laid out for you to check out what troop colors you'll be facing... adjust to them. That means, having multiple heroes leveled to be able to face X map at X level with multiple team composition. Not just having your cookie-cutter team that you've used since day 1. 

Have you been reading this thread at all? I've been using more units and different teams for awhile now. :/

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

OMG, I almost misread this as "you just need to get up off your fat ass so they can nibble some damage" and was going to say how offensive and not even accurate that is since I'm quite skinny. I'm glad you DIDN'T actually say that.

Anyway, I still feel like I'm just not that good at the game either, but I can agree that I probably need more levels anyway. Which I'll definitely try to get. I at least want a lv. 40 five star Freddy. Even if I have to upgrade him again first for that...

Getting Fred Fredburger to 5 stars might not be a good idea. I know he's your favorite but think of your issues. Fred is good but his resistance is plague, not to mention his speed too. If you decide to save up your feathers and get someone to five star it should be someone who can help your issues in combination with the monstrous 5 star stats. I didn't save up until I got everything I needed which in your case could be a boon resistance Camilla (as an example) who has 34 resistance at lvl. 40. Take a good look at corinrn cause she's pretty nice. Imagine a 5 star of her which will definitely help you. Also she decreases attack and speed with her dark breath too.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Getting Fred Fredburger to 5 stars might not be a good idea. I know he's your favorite but think of your issues. Fred is good but his resistance is plague, not to mention his speed too. If you decide to save up your feathers and get someone to five star it should be someone who can help your issues in combination with the monstrous 5 star stats. I didn't save up until I got everything I needed which in your case could be a boon resistance Camilla (as an example) who has 34 resistance at lvl. 40. Take a good look at corinrn cause she's pretty nice. Imagine a 5 star of her which will definitely help you. Also she decreases attack and speed with her dark breath too.

I'm NOT using fucking Camilla. Besides, she can be summoned as a five star, Frederick cannot.

Frederick is my favorite out of who I have, but he doesn't suck like you're implying. He has bad res, but he has a lot of def and hits like a truck and is one of only two units that I have that can reliably crush armors because hammer (Corrin is the other one since Robin decided to suck). Also, Frederick is quicker than fucking Robin at least...

Sorry, but Frederick is my first five star priority. And I think he's a better idea than Corrin anyway because she's only three star. So to get her to five star would require 2000 more feathers than for Frederick since he's four star.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

The arena sucks too, by the way. I can't win in it anymore. I used to win just fine, now I can't win at all. I use a balanced team of red, blue, and green units all at an average of lv. 24. I should be able to get SOME fucking wins. I'm also tired of seeing Takumi and OP manaketes. I can't do ANY damage to the latter. I've had to surrender several battles because I can't fucking damage them.

Manaketes tend to have ridiculous defense but lower res, and their attacks are considered magic, so mages with weapon triangle advantage should absolutely demolish them. I have an Adult Tiki 33 defense and 17 res. She gets destroyed by every blue mage ever. 

As for Takumi, I've found that it's not worth trying to tank his hits, since he can counterattack at any range. If you have any units with really high attack, it might be helpful to use Olivia and try to kill him in one turn, even if you have to sacrifice units in the process. I tend to go after Takumi with Brave weapons, but you could probably use Robin once he gets the tome that has weapon advantage over colorless units. I can deal with Takumi but Hector always wrecks my entire team

For the arena in general, a lot of people tend to use the same units (read: focus units) so having blue users (I had a Swordbreaker Abel) is helpful since there are so many red focus units. Archers are great to take down Camilla, or any red unit with good defenses. I usually run 5* Abel/5* Tiki/4* Shanna/4* Sakura in arena, but I have another team (3* Gordin/3* Sharena/4* Lissa/4* Female Corrin) that also wins a decent amount of battles.

I'm NOT using fucking Camilla. Besides, she can be summoned as a five star, Frederick cannot.

Frederick doesn't suck like you're implying. He has bad res, but he hits like a truck and is one of only two units that I have that can reliably crush armors because hammer (Corrin is the other one since Robin decided to suck).

Sorry, but Frederick is my first five star priority. And I think he's a better idea than Corrin anyway because she's only three star. So to get her to five star would require 2000 more feathers than for Frederick since he's four star.

Never said Frederick sucked, and I did not mean to imply it. Also I only used Camilla as an example. Saving up is gonna take a while, as you already know. Getting a five star is quite literally game changing but you're still going to have to deal with his bad resistance. I think getting 3 to 4 is a lot easier and better than 4 to 5 because you never know what you're gonna get from a summon. But if that's what you want go ahead. You should still seriously think about corrie though, her 4 star could definitely help you out :x

How many times do I have to point out that my Robin sucks? He also already has Blarraven, by the way. Female Corrin might be an effective enough counter for the manaketes since she does magic damage.

This reminds me, I realized from playing story chapters that female Robin uses a tome like male Robin does, except it's green rather than blue. I expected her to wield swords so we have one Robin for each weapon they can use in Awakening, just like we have one Corrin that has a sword and one that uses the dragonstone. That's really odd. I still think one Robin should've gotten swords.

EDIT: My bad, Arcanite. I know saving up will take some time. I'm fine with it. I know Frederick has bad res, every unit has a weakness. Otherwise we'd have a ton of OP and broken people. Female Corrin doesn't have very good res either, by the way.

I'm sorry, but I'm not giving her any upgrade attention right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah sorry I didn't read the rest of the thread that thoroughly (mainly mentioned Robin since my Tiki always dies to him). Female Corrin could work pretty well against red Manaketes (young and adult Tiki) too! The one issue is her resistance isn't the greatest so while she'll do damage to them, they'll also deal a lot of damage to her. She'll probably still work though, I don't have any reliable mages either so I also use Manaketes/Corrin against Manaketes.

Edit: If you don't mind spending time upgrading and levelling her, Sharena could be pretty good against the Lucinas/Marths/Roys you tend to see in the arena 

Edited by hauteclere

I like that the game is actually difficult, and even a team just with 3-4* units can win the campaign and the special maps with some strategy.

After lvl 30 leveling is extremely slow though.

Even if you never get a 5* you can make one yourself after a few arenas and the gifted 10k feathers. I turned Sharena into a 5* and she is awesome, she was great while she was a 4* too.

16 minutes ago, GrySun said:

I like that the game is actually difficult, and even a team just with 3-4* units can win the campaign and the special maps with some strategy.

After lvl 30 leveling is extremely slow though.

Even if you never get a 5* you can make one yourself after a few arenas and the gifted 10k feathers. I turned Sharena into a 5* and she is awesome, she was great while she was a 4* too.

Maybe if you're an extremely good tactician. But I'm not. I don't know how to be a better one...

And I've already said I can't win in the arena anymore. I hope we get more ways to earn feathers. It looks like the arena is the only way other than releasing units or occasional 5 feather gifts from friends' units greeting you.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe if you're an extremely good tactician. But I'm not. I don't know how to be a better one...

And I've already said I can't win in the arena anymore. I hope we get more ways to earn feathers. It looks like the arena is the only way other than releasing units or occasional 5 feather gifts from friends' units greeting you.

Alright here's the strats. 1. Not attacking first and letting them attack you so this way the next turn you won't take repercussions. 2. Sending people in to die on Purpose so someone else can sweep 3. Letting far range people hit you to get your skill, like letting a mage hit Alphonse for Sol/daylight. 4. Instead of rushing into battle let the enemy come to you. They see what you see so they will always try to line up according to effectiveness i.e. if the enemy has takumi and u have a flying unit they will move towards that direction then at the last second  you can juke and switch out the flying unit for someone else and surprise headcrack the takumi. There are other tactics too like (near) infinite heal xp stalling.

Edited by Arcanite

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Alright here's the strats. 1. Not attacking first and letting them attack you so this way the next turn you won't take repercussions. 2. Sending people in to die on Purpose so someone else can sweep 3. Letting far range people hit you to get your skill, like letting a mage hit Alphonse for Sol/daylight. 4. Instead of rushing into battle let the enemy come to you. They see what you see so they will always try to line up according to effectiveness i.e. if the enemy has takumi and u have a flying unit they will move towards that direction then at the last second  you can juke and switch out the flying unit for someone else and surprise headcrack the takumi. There are other tactics too like (near) infinite heal xp stealing.

This is basically already what I try to do.

Also, why do I see some people say "Alphonse" when it's "Alfonse" as far as I've seen? Do some versions of the game spell it differently?

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is basically already what I try to do.

Also, why do I see some people say "Alphonse" when it's "Alfonse" as far as I've seen? Do some versions of the game spell it differently?

I watch too much Full metal alchemist

@Anacybele I don't know about Robin's Boon/Bane but he does have a rocky start, as someone who has been raising a 5*. I'd say keep at it if you can. It's still miles better than raising Sophia and you know you're getting a Takumi-killer or just a general advantage-against-two-colors person, unlike the previously mentioned. But as talked about before, these games require patience. I understand you're getting frustrated but just keep at it. You'll get there eventually.

Arena is in spoilers because it's lengthy.

Spoiler

The Arena right now is favored towards swords and Takumi (occasionally, Hector), so you need to make a team focused around that while still not weak to the occasional outlier team. Manaketes, as mentioned, are bad in their Resistance and also tend to be on the slower side. Either Tiki is rather common--and that's where Robin comes in. He's my MVP in the Arena for dealing with Takumi's and any reds. What level do you try to do in Arena (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)?

Here's how I believe the Arena works for the points (if I end up being wrong, I apologize): Next time you try Arena, check the points next to the level. The range given is points you'll receive depending on how many units survived on your side. If all four survive, you get the full value. If only one survive, you get the lowest value.

Some people do a "Safe Run" first. If I have this right, it's where you bring low level units (the Arena scales to what team you picked, I believe) and do Beginner and the occasional Intermediate/Advanced. It ends up getting the points you need for the 1600 feathers. With character bonus, this would mean a team such as: Sharena, Anna, Alfonse, and Robin (x3 multiplier bonus?). For reference, my team of Camilla, Robin, Olivia, and Abel, doing all Advanced, gets me nearly 4k. The only difference between you and me would be in regards to ranking and defense--and all the really means is that I get a bit more feathers than you.

Try that. Do a few Intermediate/Advanced matches first so in the case you fail it's only at the beginning of a run instead of later. Do the rest at Beginner. Just make sure to include as many bonus characters as you can since you need to hit that 3001+ mark.

As for being a better tactician, it's a skill that sharpens over time. That's why we can tell you how to make your team better but it's still up to you to get the best out of them. Just keep practicing. I'm sure you'll get the hang of this game soon enough.

@LordFrigid No worries :)

Edited by Dual Dragons

I see. Thing is, the only bonus character I can use is Sharena since I did not bother training Anna or Alfonse and I don't plan to, and my Robin is still pretty bad. And I don't have any of the others. Still, I did almost get to 2000 last time. I was trying to do more intermediate matches for a quest that requires winning a certain number of them. Those are what I can't seem to win anymore.

Still, trying to win those first and then beginner ones sounds like a good idea.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. Thing is, the only bonus character I can use is Sharena since I did not bother training Anna or Alfonse and I don't plan to, and my Robin is still pretty bad. And I don't have any of the others. Still, I did almost get to 2000 last time. I was trying to do more intermediate matches for a quest that requires winning a certain number of them. Those are what I can't seem to win anymore.

Still, trying to win those first and then beginner ones sounds like a good idea.

How low are they? You can try just a three bonus character run instead. The main idea is that you face units that are low enough that they haven't diversified hard in their stats and don't have their later skills.

Actually, the last time I saw Beginner, it was still the original character teams. Don't know how much it has changed since then.

Well anyways, if you need help with that, put a list of your roster (in a spoiler if it's lengthy) and say what you see often in the Arena. At the Advanced, it's mostly reds and Takumi; I don't remember what's at the Beginner and Intermediate.

Beginner and intermediate seems to vary. I've seen Takumi on occasion, same with manaketes. But one thing seems to be consistent and that's that teams seem to always have a healer. I haven't used one because the only one I have is Lissa and she's still just 3 star and not on my priority list for upgrading. She can't heal much damage at all anyway. And I know I can do better there because there are healers that can use Recover and such, which she doesn't have.

Beginner and intermediate seems to vary. I've seen Takumi on occasion, same with manaketes. But one thing seems to be consistent and that's that teams seem to always have a healer. I haven't used one because the only one I have is Lissa and she's still just 3 star and not on my priority list for upgrading. She can't heal much damage at all anyway. And I know I can do better there because there are healers that can use Recover and such, which she doesn't have.

The variance would make sense. So would you say you have a problem with the manaketes the most? It would make sense if you still haven't got yourself a decent magic user and your team is generally low in Resistance.

The healers won't be an issue unless they're the ones that want to lower your stats. Staves do half Damage after normal calculations. I'm not big on healers in Arena since you're against AI than real players. AI's just gonna aggro you. It's a matter of baiting them with the right units.

Make a well-rounded team. I've been doing okay with 3 physical and 1 magic. I'd recommend Cecilia/Robin if you don't have other magic units. If you raise Cecilia to 3*, she has access to the green version of Robin's tome. Her flaws seem to be she's a glass cannon and situational passives (+Attack and Escape Route), but she has access to Rally Resistance. Robin is still the best choice but you'll need to work with him.

If Robin is low enough, he can be with the Anna and Alphonse team. If your Olivia has Dance/Hone Attacks, she's probably good enough to be the fourth slot. You're short a lance but that's what Robin's there for.

By the way, Lissa is actually decent for a healer. She's a strange one, being tanky, but she has Rehabilitate, which is a guaranteed full heal if the unit falls to <7 HP. I find her perfect for raising people down at the lower stratums. Not giving her a staff means she won't accidentally kill people. Her being tanky means she won't die (bonus if she has Renewal). Rehabilitate means nobody's dying.