What to do ... What to do?

Ryuke

Sitting on 22 orbs uhh.

I already completed Narcian. I am left with training my main team 3x 5* and 1x 4* to level 40... But... this grind is nearly impossible.

Or I can train a bunch of nobodies (aka... the 1 star) to level 20 -- not going to use shard if I have the stamina for it.

Which priority are you guys valuing higher? Considering I can beat Narcian.. I think being at level 36-38 is a safe zone. However.. we never know if they decide to throw a level 40 hero battle (Veronica). On the otherhand ... train the 1* and merge them ...

I already completed Normal/Hard boss battle. I will do Lunatic when I have a level 24 team so they can gain exp and benefit that me trample with my main.

That being said.. What are your focus?

Edited by Ryuke

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

You have the castle 100% upgraded? You shouldn't be struggling too much to get your units to level 40 if you're able to defeat the 9th or 10th stratum.

My issue is running out of Stamina to be able to do the Missions in the first place.

@Raven Yeah. That's definitely done. Grinding on 8th Stratum since... I dont know if my level 36 can carry themselves to challenge the level 40. These level 40 have 5* attack so its brutal.

3 hours ago, Raven said:

It's definitely more worth it if you fight against opponents that are higher leveled than your own. You'll get a lot more experience.

Which makes it all the more depressing that losing all units means you lose all experience gained. Seriously, couldn't they have just stuck with not getting the map rewards? 

None of what you're stating requires immediate prioritization above other aspects. I would go with getting the 5*s you have to level 40 just to get that outta of the way since training lower level units doesn't really do anything for ya unless they're 5*s and you may end up pulling better rarity of the ones you don't care about anyway.

Or hell, just flip a coin to decide on this one. It's a rather insignificant either way.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

The best way to grind to 40 if you have a good char, e.g. Takumi, Hector, Ryoma, Robin, etc. may be the arena, from lvl 30 upwards; just find a sweetspot for intermediate where you get matched w/ 1-2 40 lvl chars on avg that your team can handle, and weaken them/feed them to your unit. It's easy right now b/c of the free 10 dueling crests + the 30 you get from arena quests while you're doing this. You can then use your stamina to focus on getting chars up to level 30, which is still relatively easy as long as you match your characters up w/ units up ~5 lvls above them.

20 hours ago, FangXV said:

Which makes it all the more depressing that losing all units means you lose all experience gained. Seriously, couldn't they have just stuck with not getting the map rewards? 

I agree. I moved up to 9th Stratum... 3/4 survive. Sometimes 4/4 ... Not bad. (2/4 for 10th Stratum --- got wreck once because 5 units)

20 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

None of what you're stating requires immediate prioritization above other aspects. I would go with getting the 5*s you have to level 40 just to get that outta of the way since training lower level units doesn't really do anything for ya unless they're 5*s and you may end up pulling better rarity of the ones you don't care about anyway.

Or hell, just flip a coin to decide on this one. It's a rather insignificant either way.

1* => 2* ... Merge 2* with 2* => 2*+ => 3*+ ... merge that with 3* => 3*++? It make sense no? Unless ofc they made the Fates route where I need 2x 3*+ to merge.

18 hours ago, ZXApocrypha said:

The best way to grind to 40 if you have a good char, e.g. Takumi, Hector, Ryoma, Robin, etc. may be the arena, from lvl 30 upwards; just find a sweetspot for intermediate where you get matched w/ 1-2 40 lvl chars on avg that your team can handle, and weaken them/feed them to your unit. It's easy right now b/c of the free 10 dueling crests + the 30 you get from arena quests while you're doing this. You can then use your stamina to focus on getting chars up to level 30, which is still relatively easy as long as you match your characters up w/ units up ~5 lvls above them.

Literally tried training 4x 1* unit. Brutal. They barely gain statup and they die easily. Yeah .. I do arena. Mostly Lunatic... Died at 7/7 twice... (one Takumi and another cause of self mistake). Arena is really a good training ground. Havent used any of the free 10 dueling crest yet.

13 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

1* => 2* ... Merge 2* with 2* => 2*+ => 3*+ ... merge that with 3* => 3*++? It make sense no? Unless ofc they made the Fates route where I need 2x 3*+ to merge.

You lose the merge bonus when increasing the rarity of a character. The only thing you gain in the long run out of merging is SP, unless you're merging 2 5* characters. And if you're raising non-5* characters, the SP isn't helpful either.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:36 PM, Ryuke said:

Sitting on 22 orbs uhh.

I already completed Narcian. I am left with training my main team 3x 5* and 1x 4* to level 40... But... this grind is nearly impossible.

Or I can train a bunch of nobodies (aka... the 1 star) to level 20 -- not going to use shard if I have the stamina for it.

Which priority are you guys valuing higher? Considering I can beat Narcian.. I think being at level 36-38 is a safe zone. However.. we never know if they decide to throw a level 40 hero battle (Veronica). On the otherhand ... train the 1* and merge them ...

I already completed Normal/Hard boss battle. I will do Lunatic when I have a level 24 team so they can gain exp and benefit that me trample with my main.

That being said.. What are your focus?

The very day I got my lyn I was able to get her to level 26. 3 days later (today) she's level 37 and I wasn't even purposely grinding, it was just me doing arena and hard mode stuff. I wouldn't worry about leveling your strong guys considering you'll be using them to fight strong people in arena and events. Leveling to 20 is way faster and easier than leveling to 40 as you already know. And those same weaklings might be key in defeating people your strong guys can't fight now because of typing, defenses etc. The meta might shift too so different people who aren't good now might be better later when new heroes come out and stuff. If you have cleared Lunatic story mode already, I say do one level of lunatic and spam tower with weaklings with the rest of your energy. The training tower cost is lowered now so hurry up and take advantage!! Also equipping skills will cost stamina too.

Edited by Arcanite
Needed to add something

2 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

You lose the merge bonus when increasing the rarity of a character. The only thing you gain in the long run out of merging is SP, unless you're merging 2 5* characters. And if you're raising non-5* characters, the SP isn't helpful either.

WAIT WHAT? So in short... all the 1* unit that you get from the trial map are worthless. Unless of couse you want 20 different variation of Beruka at 5*?

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The very day I got my lyn I was able to get her to level 26. 3 days later (today) she's level 37 and I wasn't even purposely grinding, it was just me doing arena and hard mode stuff. I wouldn't worry about leveling your strong guys considering you'll be using them to fight strong people in arena and events. Leveling to 20 is way faster and easier than leveling to 40 as you already know. And those same weaklings might be key in defeating people your strong guys can't fight now because of typing, defenses etc. The meta might shift too so different people who aren't good now might be better later when new heroes come out and stuff. If you have cleared Lunatic story mode already, I say do one level of lunatic and spam tower with weaklings with the rest of your energy. The training tower cost is lowered now so hurry up and take advantage!! Also equipping skills will cost stamina too.

Yeah. My main team are already 38-40. not bad. Might train fewer weakling and evolve them if the meta ever shift.

48 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

WAIT WHAT? So in short... all the 1* unit that you get from the trial map are worthless. Unless of couse you want 20 different variation of Beruka at 5*?

Send them home for feathers :')

12 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

@Fly_or_Die I wipe my butt with 5 feathers.

If you can figure out their nature is (What +/- stats they have) it may be worth upgrading them to 5* if it's a unit you really like. The 4* > 5* upgrade and to a lesser extent 3* > 4* upgrade make the 1* > 2* and 2* > 3* upgrade costs pretty trivial anyway.