Villager Promotions

It seems that there are now five villagers as opposed to Gaiden's original four. 

Assuming that the Dread Fighter exploit (the infinite promotion loop from Villager to Dread Fighter then back to Villager) has been removed, what class do you plan on making each of the five villagers?

Grey: Archer [Since Grey was the second best out of the Villager trio in the original game, he rocked as a Bow Knight]. 

Tobin: Mercenary [Literally the best promotion for Tobin since he was such garbage in the original. Also, Alm doesn't recruit any Mercenaries in his route.]

Kliff: Mage [This was Kliff's best promotion in the original game since he had access to a plethora of spells that overshadowed Boey and Lutheir's magic.] 

Efi: Mercenary [I don't know her growths, but I assume that she'll be very fast. Also, there are no female mercenaries in the original game.]

Atlas: Soldier [Atlas had an incredible HP growth from what I remember, so I think I'll make him a Cavalier or Knight. Most likely a cavalier since Celica doesn't recruit any Paladins or Cavaliers in her party naturally.]

Same here for all but Efi, who'll be going Archer. Nothing wrong with more Bow Knights.

Granted, I might just bench Tobin off the bat like I do in Gaiden if his growths don't change much. I see no reason for him to suck up any EXP if he's still terrible, whereas Kliff, Grey and Alm (And Efi) can just get even stronger.

Personally:

Grey-Cavalier. I now it's no optimal, since there is like what 4 other cavs on Alm's route, I just happen to really like cavs in this game tho, so yeah (Also Grey never let me down unlike fucking Clive. Fuck you Clive).

Tobin-Archer. Other then merc, archer is Tobin's only redeemable class that he doesn't suck in. I would make him merc, but I follow a strict 'Only one villager per class' thing. I'm weird what can I say.

Kliff-Mercenary/Mage.I tend to actually make Kliff a merc in my runs simply because of the lack of them in Alm's route, tho I do make him a mage sometimes, even though I find Luthier is better and he outclasses Kliff. If he still has his OP spell pool, I may make him a mage, but if not, merc it is.

Efi-Mage/Mercenary. Since we don't know anything about her, it's hard to make a decision on what I will promote her to. I am leaning more towards mage since priestess is a really good class in the original (And tbh, despite the fact I would prefer if fem mages promoted to something different like sage and not Celica's personal class, but it seems like they won't). Tho, if she has a shit spell pool, I will go merc, if she can. If she can't go merc (And I hope she can), she will go mage, and Kliff will just be my merc.

Atlas-Soldier. Celica's roue doesn't have a whole lot of tanks, only Valbar, whereas Alm's route has all the cavs in the game and two soldiers. While I would make his a cav, he isn't a very good one from my experience.

Grey, Mercenary: He appreciates the speed and skill; his other stats are Good enough in my opinión

Tobin, Archer/Cavalier: Depends, but this class work to fix the Tobin's strenght and give him a horse movement. 

Kliff, Mage: Kliff has Good HP, Speed and lots of magic to use.

Efi,???: Probably Mage or Cavalier, but I needs to know her stats.

Edited by Troykv

I guess I might pick the same classes I chose in the original. Though it might change depending of the new growths and the new characters.

Grey/Gray: Mercenary mainly for more speed. He also likes the Thunder/Levin sword in the early/mid-game.

Cliff/Kliff: Mage because of his good growths and the possible spells he can learn compared to the other villagers.

Robin/Tobin: Archer. He is not that good especially compared to the villagers but he appreciates the Bow range. Also FE2's Bow Knights ftw but as a Sniper, he can still be a bit useful.

Atlas: I made him a Mercenary if I remember well and he was useful but I might make him an Archer since Celica's route has a ton of mercs and just one archer. Or I could choose Cavalier for more variety.

Efi: Since she seems to be female, she might have other classes like Pegasus Knight or Priest/Cleric and probably the female Mage class.
I would choose Mage or Pegasus Knight since there are quite limited in Alm's route. Probably Pegasus knight though because there are so good in FE2.

Grey: I think I'll be still promoting him into a mercenary, since he does well with it and overall there are no mercenaries in Alm's path.

Cliff: If Dreadfighter can still reclass to villager, then I might make him first into a mercenary and then make him into a mage.

Tobin: Archer, tough I think I won't be using him much.

Gray - Mercenary. I can't see him in any other class other than Archer (and that's after the good ol DF-Villager loop)

Robin/Tobin (you will always be Robin to me) - Archer. Hey at least his non-existent defense won't matter with 1-3 range :^)

Kliff - Mage because I need SOMEONE to nuke that Leather Shield!Merc in that mountain map

Efi - I guess either Mage or Cav depending on if Fem Mages still get Angel on promo

Atlas - Mercenary. I like Gray 2.0, even though he's shit through and through. At least having a squad of Dread Fighters are always fun

I think I'll might get Gray to promote to Archer and Tobin to promote to Mercenary. But, I'm still thinking of which class should I get Kliff and Atlas to promote to? But, as of that new Villager Girl, I'll might get her to promote to Mercenary.

Probably Grey - Archer (Alm's army has enough horses with Clive, Matilda, Zeke, and Mycen, plus Archers are cool)
Tobin - Mercenary (Mercs are good and it'll be one of the only ways for Tobin to be of any use as long as he's married to that Bolt Sword)
Kliff - Mage (Assuming he keeps the same spell learnset, he's pretty much good to go)
Atlas - Cavalier (I dunno, I guess so)
Efi - Depends on if she has the same options as the guys or not (Mercenary if so because more Mercs are always welcome, ??? if not)

Unless they really change Cliff, either through his stats, growths or spell lists (if such a thing exists), he will always be a mage for me.

Everyone else I would make some combination of Cavalier, Archer and Mercenary. 

Edited by Tryhard