Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

15 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Kinda makes me want to try out other team comps as well...I don't suppose anyone has suggestions for fun combinations?

Depends on your idea of fun, of course. Since I have peaked with my main team, I'm spending my free crests of the season on an Pegasus squadron. Cordelia is still unfinished (no Reposition, want SPD+3 on A slot), but the other 3 units are where I want them to be. Reposition almost feels like I have an extra dancer in the squadron. Physical enemy teams pose no problem, but multiple mages with a dancer can mean I have to sacrifice a unit, so I would use this squadron only for fun, after the season is secured. And fun it has. I think I'll never tire of hurling Cordelia on unsuspecting Takumi, or watching Palla one-rounding Hector sitting on a defense tile.

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1924.JPG

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

In interested in Defense i think 3 silver and 1 Gold Could be better than 4 Gold. 3 silver and 4700 me 4 golds deathless run 4800 im losing the urge to Play that game...

That is my defence team. Also, the points are based on the stat totals and while the gap isn't too big between 4 and 5 star units, the items and skills are what make the difference.

I might need to change my arena team to be honest.

27 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is my defence team. Also, the points are based on the stat totals and while the gap isn't too big between 4 and 5 star units, the items and skills are what make the difference.

I might need to change my arena team to be honest.

I have a team of 4 characters with 5 stars, tier 13 and without dying (deathless run) 4755 points, you with a 4 stars team ( 3 ot them) 4600 points, it is assumed that the stars also count. In the defenses I have a team of 4 characters with 5 stars and only one defense you, 3, where is the sense? 

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Does anyone know for a fact if we get only to defend ourselves (or even fight) against people in the same league as we are in? Rank 17 might be quite obnoxious next season.if that is the case.

No. You're matched up based on team strength rather than tier. One of the people who lost to my team is in Tier 3 while I'm in Tier 15.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ugh, hard to score a Defense win when using bonus heroes.

I got 6 defenses this week with basically the same defense team as other weeks, which suggests that it's quantity of challengers rather than quality of defense team that matters the most (since this week tons more people spent swords on arena.)

Have you tried running Anna slot 1 and hoping your team carries her? (Since slot-1 Anna is very 'safe'.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Have you tried running Anna slot 1 and hope your team carries her? (Since slot-1 Anna is very 'safe'.)

I had Anna lead my defense team for several days; no wins. It wasn't until I actually went back to my usual team (no bonus heroes unless it's Sharena week) that I actually got a defense win (only 282 pts).

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

I had Anna lead my defense team for several days; no wins. It wasn't until I actually went back to my usual team (no bonus heroes unless it's Sharena week) that I actually got a defense win (only 282 pts).

Hmm. What's your 3 units leftover aside from Anna, incidentally? (I have Azura Rein Olwen, which is, of course, pretty cancerous.)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Hmm. What's your 3 units leftover aside from Anna, incidentally? (I have Azura Rein Olwen, which is, of course, pretty cancerous.)

Reinhardt, Olivia, and Sharena.

My usual team is a blue-spam w/ dancer team (Cordelia, Sharena, Reinhardt, and Olivia).

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Reinhardt, Olivia, and Sharena.

My usual team is a blue-spam w/ dancer team (Cordelia, Sharena, Reinhardt, and Olivia).

Sharena... really isn't dangerous on defense, unless you have some crazy tricked out build. 32 base speed doubles nothing, and her offenses aren't good enough to get 1HKOs (she was great before inheritance because pretty much no one had a +spd A-skill, now everyone has Fury/L&D, and she's high on the tier list after inheritance because the tier-list people are brain-dead).

I mean, worst possible Cordelia has 3 points better offenses than she does (3 in spd if -Atk, 3 in Atk if -spd), yeah, Cordelia is squishier, but 32 speed and 'passable' bulk isn't exactly something that can tank hits vs a player controlled enemy. That said, I don't like Cordelia too much on defense, either, since she's relatively easy to out-maneuver (at least compared to ranged units or horses, or better yet, ranged units on horses). Unless, of course, you shove Wings of Mercy down everyone's throats.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Sharena... really isn't dangerous on defense, unless you have some crazy tricked out build. 32 base speed doubles nothing, and her offenses aren't good enough to get 1HKOs (she was great before inheritance because pretty much no one had a +spd A-skill, now everyone has Fury/L&D, and she's high on the tier list after inheritance because the tier-list people are brain-dead).

I mean, worst possible Cordelia has 3 points better offenses than she does (3 in spd if -Atk, 3 in Atk if -spd), yeah, Cordelia is squishier, but 32 speed and 'passable' bulk isn't exactly something that can tank hits vs a player controlled enemy. That said, I don't like Cordelia too much on defense, either, since she's relatively easy to out-maneuver (at least compared to ranged units or horses, or better yet, ranged units on horses). Unless, of course, you shove Wings of Mercy down everyone's throats.

Yeah, the Sharena on my team is 5* vanilla; all she has on her besides her default kit is the HP seal. Not sure what else I can use as I'm rather limited when it comes to SI shenanigans and Arena-viable units in general. The 4* Cordelia on my team is vanilla +Res/-HP. 4* merged Olivia has Wings of Mercy on her. 5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt has DB2 and Swap.

Edited by Roflolxp54

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Yeah, the Sharena on my team is 5* vanilla; all she has on her besides her default kit is the HP seal. Not sure what else I can use as I'm rather limited when it comes to SI shenanigans and Arena-viable units in general. The Cordelia on my team is +Res/-HP. Olivia has Wings of Mercy on her. Reinhardt has DB2 and Swap.

More strong ranged or strong cavalry would make your team harder to fight in general---less safe spaces means more ways for enemy to mess up positioning, and reposition assist skills means that AI movement is harder to predict in advance. Oddly enough, SI isn't actually too big of a factor, my Olwen has Darting Blow, my Rein has DB 2, and that's... pretty much it as far as my team's SI goes. Edit: My Azura has Hone Atk rather than Fort Res. Basically: Do you have any especially dangerous mages (Nino, Tharja, etc.) or horses? (Frederick, Abel, Peri, Cain---note that Peri and Frederick would want a brave weapon inheritance.)

Edited by DehNutCase

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

More strong ranged or strong cavalry would make your team harder to fight in general---less safe spaces means more ways for enemy to mess up positioning, and reposition assist skills means that AI movement is harder to predict in advance. Oddly enough, SI isn't actually too big of a factor, my Olwen has Darting Blow, my Rein has DB 2, and that's... pretty much it as far as my team's SI goes. Edit: My Azura has Hone Atk rather than Fort Res. Basically: Do you have any especially dangerous mages (Nino, Tharja, etc.) or horses? (Frederick, Abel, Peri, Cain---note that Peri and Frederick would want a brave weapon inheritance.)

Besides the +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt w/ DB2 and Swap the mages and horses I've actually trained are...:

Spoiler

3* +HP/-Def vanilla Nino

4* +Spd/-HP vanilla Tharja

4* vanilla Sophia

3* +Atk/-HP vanilla Odin

3* +Def/-Res vanilla Raigh

4* female Robin w/ Gronnraven

3* +Def/-Spd adult Tiki

5* Xander w/ Swap and QR2

4* +Atk/-Def vanilla Cecilia

4* vanilla Gunter

4* vanilla Ursula

4* vanilla Peri

3* vanilla Stahl

Also have a 3* +1 merged +Atk/-HP vanilla Frederick being trained right now.

Edited by Roflolxp54

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Besides the +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt w/ DB2 and Swap the mages and horses I've actually trained are...:

Hide contents

3* +HP/-Def vanilla Nino

4* +Spd/-HP vanilla Tharja

4* vanilla Sophia

3* +Atk/-HP vanilla Odin

3* +Def/-Res vanilla Raigh

4* female Robin w/ Gronnraven

3* +Def/-Spd adult Tiki

5* Xander w/ Swap and QR2

4* +Atk/-Def vanilla Cecilia

4* vanilla Gunter

4* vanilla Ursula

4* vanilla Peri

3* vanilla Stahl

That's a very good Tharja, so if you like her, boosting up to 5*s for general use in addition to defense team use would be decent.

Otherwise, while Peri is the best horse you have she's 4*, so your Xander is probably the better choice (replace Sharena). 3 move and decent attack to rush in and hit someone, QR and Siegfried to be an ass while full hp. I would suggest, however, giving him reposition and taking swap off Reinhardt. (Units without assist skills go first, so Rein would go first, and, if he's in range of the enemy, Xander would reposition Rein out of the way. Ranged also goes after melee, so dancers would go before ranged units with swap, which probably makes your Rein a lot easier to deal with.)

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's a very good Tharja, so if you like her, boosting up to 5*s for general use in addition to defense team use would be decent.

Otherwise, while Peri is the best horse you have, your Xander is probably better than Sharena on defense. Speed and decent attack to rush in and hit someone, QR and Siegfried to be an ass while full hp. I would suggest, however, giving him reposition and taking swap off Reinhardt. (Units without assist skills go first, so Rein would go first, and, if he's in range of the enemy, Xander would reposition Rein out of the way. Ranged also goes after melee, so dancers would go before units ranged unit with reposition, which probably makes your Rein a lot easier to deal with.)

The issue is that I have yet to draw a single hero with Reposition; I've never pulled Selena, Olwen, or Barst before. And I doubt I would sacrifice an Olwen.

For Tharja, it comes down to when Camus's GHB map becomes available by the time I reach 20K feathers (the only other competition Tharja has for the 20K feathers is Alfonse).

Edited by Roflolxp54

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The issue is that I have yet to draw a single hero with Reposition; I've never pulled Selena, Olwen, or Barst before. And I doubt I would sacrifice an Olwen.

For Tharja, it comes down to when Camus's GHB map becomes available by the time I reach 20K feathers.

Your luck is... interesting.

Anyway, try taking swap off Reinhardt, so that he actually gets danced, and you can make more changes if that doesn't work.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Your luck is... interesting.

Anyway, try taking swap off Reinhardt, so that he actually gets danced, and you can make more changes if that doesn't work.

Let's see if Anna, Reinhardt, Xander, and Olivia can do something.

And yes, my luck can be... weird sometimes. Like the first time I actually pulled something after doing the full pull in which I got Lyn (rerolling shenanigans) was during the Battling Zephiel banner and it was a +Atk/-Spd 5* Reinhardt. And then there was the double Hector pull during the Hero Fest banner... and it happened on the 2nd full pull.

5/11/2017 - offense 4,734; rank in tier 7,515 (1:12AM PST) [deathless]
5/13/2017 - offense 4,746; rank in tier 12,939 (12:35PM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40)
5* +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 3)
5* +Atk/-Spd Ninian (164; +Wings of Mercy 2, Speed+1 Seal)
5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (149; +Moonbow, Wings of Mercy 3)
4* +Atk/-Spd Barst (146)
Total BST: 632

Forgot to write [deathless] on entry before.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:59 AM, Skala_Bundet said:

I'm assuming you only have vanilla skills otherwise? What are the C skills your Reinhardt and Ninian are using? Spur Atk 2 and Fortify Def 2 or Goad Cavalry and Fortify Dragons? Did you keep Knockback on Barst? Did you ever surrender during your run?

Here's the full list:

Ryoma - Raijinto, Night Sky, Defiant Attack 3, Vantage 3, Hone Speed 3
Ninian - Light Breath+, Dance, Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Defense 2, Speed+1 Seal
Reinhardt - Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Attack 2
Barst - Brave Axe, Reposition, Spur Attack 3

I surrendered on the first run for match-ups that I thought I was going to lose (Dancer leader, Eirika leader [usually meaning Nino user]). It was a few times. Second run was for points and I surrendered a lot to get 677+ points match-ups. At least 12 match-ups.

Not knowing how much Skill Inheritance and number of skills contributes to points, I assume Barst is bringing score down for being very vanilla and 4*.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wich is ur Defense team?

Hey can someone tell me why my offense score is stuck? It's been at 1,858 for the longest time and gets stuck occasionally. After a few rounds of winning, my score stays frozen and it's annoying me that I can't even try to get more feathers. I'm not sure if it's intentional or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's not because it still says I won a certain amount after an Arena Battle.

4 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Hey can someone tell me why my offense score is stuck? It's been at 1,858 for the longest time and gets stuck occasionally. After a few rounds of winning, my score stays frozen and it's annoying me that I can't even try to get more feathers. I'm not sure if it's intentional or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's not because it still says I won a certain amount after an Arena Battle.

Your offense score isn't a total for all offense battles you've won, but your record for best 7-battle streak that week. Once you hit 7 wins or lose a fight, your streak ends so you stop being able to build on your previous streak and have to start a new one and see if that one is better.

If your best streak is 1,858, it sounds like you've been unable to score 7 consecutive wins, aren't using a bonus unit, are playing on a lower difficulty level, are using a low-scoring team, are losing a lot of units in fights, or some combination of the above. Working on those factors will let you get a better streak.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Your offense score isn't a total for all offense battles you've won, but your record for best 7-battle streak that week. Once you hit 7 wins or lose a fight, your streak ends so you stop being able to build on your previous streak and have to start a new one and see if that one is better.

If your best streak is 1,858, it sounds like you've been unable to score 7 consecutive wins, aren't using a bonus unit, are playing on a lower difficulty level, are using a low-scoring team, are losing a lot of units in fights, or some combination of the above. Working on those factors will let you get a better streak.

Oh, I see. I never really understood how it works then. I was never hardcore into the Arena so I guess that's my fault for not knowing. I've been able to win all 7, I just don't use bonus units often (because I either don't have any or I own the worst of the bunch), and I don't do advance often. Thanks for the info!

Edited by KongDude88