Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think using Reinhardt and BH!Lyn in your main defense team is the ethical and responsible thing to do. It helps players improve their Arena performance since they will quickly learn what works and what does not. Think of it as constructive criticism.

Calm down Satan.

Instead of spending my feathers on a starter unit yesterday, I used them to promote a +Atk -Res Reinhardt to merge with the one I was using before. Does this appease you?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm curious, has anyone ever seen my Team come up?  I'm a bit surprised by my lack of seeing other SF users' teams.  I have certainly seen the same teams come up repeatedly, but not people I know.

I haven't.  I run into the same people sometimes too.  Especially when I'm fighting 1-man teams to grind items in AA. 

I wonder if there's a way to calculate what score range you're in.  I'll have some free time tonight and could hunt for you to give you a surrender in AA if there's a way to calculate what scoring range your team is in. :^_^:  Does anyone know?  

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I haven't.  I run into the same people sometimes too.  Especially when I'm fighting 1-man teams to grind items in AA. 

I wonder if there's a way to calculate what score range you're in.  I'll have some free time tonight and could hunt for you to give you a surrender in AA if there's a way to calculate what scoring range your team is in. :^_^:  Does anyone know?  

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's around where your intermediate score range is, but I don't know for certain.

5 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

No idea how scores are calculated, other than ballparking it.

The teams that I go up against in Advanced Arena generally are between 686-700, depending on my bonus unit.  This week's a bit on the low side.  I got 4828 for my deathless run, but I switched Inigo out for Azura on my defense team today.

Edited by Rezzy

Well, I just scored a personal best in the Arena with 4,872! Since I had been sniping for greens to get Azura, I was able to recently finish my 4*+10 Cecilia. I also decided it was finally time to upgrade her tome to the plus version of Gronnblade. So it was pretty fun being able to field her again without a huge blow to my point total.

Also, I've been facing a lot of Armor Emblem lately. Has that been the case for anyone else? I think everyone is excited about having the Black Knight. I'm perfectly fine with it, Armor Emblem is easy to fight.

I also fought this:

Spoiler

vGqP2lg.jpg

I wish I had a Lucina Emblem team.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Calm down Satan.

Instead of spending my feathers on a starter unit yesterday, I used them to promote a +Atk -Res Reinhardt to merge with the one I was using before. Does this appease you?

Only if you put him on your defense team to help educate fellow players.

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

ScUUUUUUUUUUUUM

Although honestly i kinda like meeting BLyn atm since playing Clive vs Lyn is actually fun

What does not kill you only makes you stronger. Facing three or four Reinhardts is not going to kill you in real life. You quickly know what builds are viable and what are not. The sooner players find a way to counter Reinhardt, the sooner they can earn more Feathers consistently.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

No idea how scores are calculated, other than ballparking it.

The teams that I go up against in Advanced Arena generally are between 686-700, depending on my bonus unit.  This week's a bit on the low side.  I got 4828 for my deathless run, but I switched Inigo out for Azura on my defense team today.

I looked for a while on my bus ride home last night and didn't find you, unfortunately.  It was a long shot, though.  Good luck!  Hope you get your win.

7 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I looked for a while on my bus ride home last night and didn't find you, unfortunately.  It was a long shot, though.  Good luck!  Hope you get your win.

Thanks, I did manage to get 3 wins after switching Azura in for Inigo.  I don't know if that made me get more matches, or it was just random luck.

I'm curious... So after getting my one defense win with my cancer team, I switched to a fun theme team for the rest of the week: Laslow, Xander, Inigo, and Spring Xander. In my experience, I almost always get scores of around 578-586 if my defense team has a bonus unit on it. And I honestly didn't expect to get any defense wins with this team, but surprise, another one popped up. However, it was worth 292. That's usually the score I get if I use a team without a bonus unit. So naturally I thought I must have forgotten to set the proper defense team. But I double-checked and Team Marlow is in slot one with the little defense badge next to it. I always immediately enter a battle after switching out my defense team to make sure it resets properly. (And I got this win about a day after changing the team anyways.)

Does this mean someone fought bravely until the very end? Or is this a bug?

I'm annoyed. Since the win 6 in a row thing came out, I've made stupid mistakes in every single one of my AA runs (usually not checking Hector for WoM or Lyn for Brave Bow, but also including refusing to mentally accept that Narcian has Reposition instead of Swap). 

I've had to run on beginner even to complete any of them -.- Not getting a good score at this rate. I only try either once a day or until I get six in a row for that day, because I don't see the point of doing it more when you get nowt for it. I wish there was something like duelling crests we could use to go at it again, but I understand it could probably be used to easily as a farming resource or something. 

Shame, it's my favourite mode... for that once a day until I end up cursing myself after a stupid mistake ^.^ 

8 hours ago, Astellius said:

Brave Lucina was my choice for CYL. That was the perfect time for you to get one! But at least you have the Masked Marth variant, right?

That one doesn’t count.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That one doesn’t count.

You didn't choose Lucina in the CYL free pick? I guess you didn't really want her! I'm not all that sympathetic on this point, since you could have chosen her, but then went with someone else....

But surely you have Masked Marth, at least?

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

You didn't choose Lucina in the CYL free pick? I guess you didn't really want her! I'm not all that sympathetic on this point, since you could have chosen her, but then went with someone else....

But surely you have Masked Marth, at least?

The only Lucina that counts is the original one. All the others are knock-offs.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If you do not want them, I will treasure them. I love all Lucinas equally.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That's almost certainly false. But perhaps you would like to elaborate on that point, that the original Lucina is the only one that matters? How is she, significantly, different than all of the others?

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

That's almost certainly false. But perhaps you would like to elaborate on that point, that the original Lucina is the only one that matters? How is she, significantly, different than all of the others?

She wields the Falchion and doesn’t afraid of anythinghide her face.