Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I got 5174 in AA with Nowi +10, Fae +10, Young Tiki +4, Nino +6.  How close am I to top 1000 cutoff?  Think I could do it once Nino is +10?  I have the merges just need feathers.

i need to rerun AA because i had one loss -_-

6 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I got 5174 in AA with Nowi +10, Fae +10, Young Tiki +4, Nino +6.  How close am I to top 1000 cutoff?  Think I could do it once Nino is +10?  I have the merges just need feathers.

A score of 5238 was rank 297 last week.

It looks like my Flier Defense Team is doing okay.  I have three from today.  They may be due to the quests, but that's as many as I got in a week for some of the past weeks, so i think I'll stay with it for now.

I think I’m safe now.
Screenshot_20180128-012558.png

Fjorm’s been working fine enough, and no dancer is not world-shattering.

Maybe I could replace Alfonse with Martha+2 for even more points. Then again, I don’t need more right now.

I suppose this was bound to happen eventually, but I drew this team as the option for Advanced that I'm sure doesn't look familiar to @DarkLordIvy when I went into the Arena for the sole purpose of bumping Black Knight's HMs (was at 3498) past 3500.

Spoiler

5cxaoO7.png?1

And if anyone cares, my score is sitting at 4928 (obtained with the team pictured above) which of course is nowhere near good enough to retain a spot in Tier 20.

Tried running Ultimate Clarisse instead of Ninian, and it's almost shocking just how much a difference merges can make. Got a score of 4,942, which should be enough to escape tier 19 once again. I'm now even more motivated to build my +1 Fae and (inevitable~) +1 Marisa to replace Dorcas and Ayra, though it'll take some hefty SP to make up for the loss in personal skills.

I wish I could see what team Mae is doing right. She just keeps leading her team to victory. I have more defense wins this week than I have had in quite some time. My Arena score of 4906 is enough for 4 orbs it looks like. My AA is a bit worse at 4810, but I am still safely in the 10k-20k tier. Since I don't particularly enjoy AA I consider that acceptable. Breaking 10k is what I really want, but meh.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose this was bound to happen eventually, but I drew this team as the option for Advanced that I'm sure doesn't look familiar to @DarkLordIvy when I went into the Arena for the sole purpose of bumping Black Knight's HMs (was at 3498) past 3500.

Reveal hidden contents

5cxaoO7.png?1

And if anyone cares, my score is sitting at 4928 (obtained with the team pictured above) which of course is nowhere near good enough to retain a spot in Tier 20.

Ha that is hilarious! I’d be surprised to find another team like my so in all likelihood there’s my boys and the bonus girl of the week. This would be the second time someone I know from my friend list found me in the arena. 

It looks like I'll be dropping back to Tier 19 again this week.  Does anyone know what the cut-off to stay in Tier 20 is this week?  I don't know if I should bother trying to fish for a better score.

I'm going to try changing up my arena core in the next season. My plan is to replace my Ninian and Black Knight with Micaiah and Zelgius. It will cost me some points as my Ninian is merged while Micaiah isn't, but with testing the team gets around 718~ with an Askr bonus unit which I think should be enough.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like I'll be dropping back to Tier 19 again this week.  Does anyone know what the cut-off to stay in Tier 20 is this week?  I don't know if I should bother trying to fish for a better score.

Considering how wild the last day can be, I wouldn't dare make an accurate estimate. My 5052 is #3731 of 5329 right now, so I'm probably staying, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the case, either. Losing the Fjorm water bonus seems really significant, though, and fishing for better scores might prove fruitful depending on your range. Sorry I can't be of bigger help with a score nearer to the threshold.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Considering how wild the last day can be, I wouldn't dare make an accurate estimate. My 5052 is #3731 of 5329 right now, so I'm probably staying, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the case, either. Losing the Fjorm water bonus seems really significant, though, and fishing for better scores might prove fruitful depending on your range. Sorry I can't be of bigger help with a score nearer to the threshold.

I might be able to swing the low 5000s, but I don't think I'd be able to get past your score with my current team.  Thanks for the update, though.

image.png?width=261&height=465

Was bored today and wanted to see if I could improve my Arena score, and I finally managed it. Even saw my first 718 team, which was exciting. Replacing Ninian and Dorcas with Clarisse and Minerva was the best choice I've made for the Arena in a while~ Hopefully I'll be able to crack 5,000 for the first time next season, though the bonus units may decide how possible that'll be.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

New bonus heroes are here!

I want to use my Eirikalter but her score is a tad too low so Hana week it is until I get merges.

Anna’s there, so I guess they straight-up skipped over Sharena...or at least changed the order. R.I.P.

Anyway, it looks like Team Nino is a go. Actually using WoM on Azura should be interesting. If Anna isn’t cutting it as my bonus unit I guess I could try breaking out Marth.