Is it worth me spending money on this game?

sdgj1994

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, I think a lot of us feel your pain with regards to those 5-star only characters.

I really, really want Linde, but the odds aren't great at all...

With luck, they'll have pity on us and make all the 5-star only characters Focus heroes eventually.

Y'know, I was thinking about spending money to get my favourites, but in the end I might as well splurge on Cipher cards instead. Even if you don't get the character(s) you want, at least you can trade Cipher cards XD

Maybe one day they'll do focus groups on the Hoshidan and Nohrian royals so Ryoma, Leo, Elise etc. will be easier to pull. But since Xander is unavailable at the moment due to plot reasons they'll probably put one of the Corrins in instead, most likely M!Corrin as he is rarer. I see Xander showing up in a grand hero battle like Narcian did eventually. Speaking of which, am I right in seeing datamined images of a F!Robin grand hero battle? If so I am deffo looking forward to picking her up, though I do wonder why they didn't put her in the pulls in the first place; both Corrins are in there as is M!Robin!

If they never plan to reduce orb prices, I guess I will eventually cave in a few months' time and buy 140 orbs to last half the year. Or if they release a set that I really want for some reason, like a female Swordmaster focus ft. Fir, Mia, Marisa, and Hana, or something along those lines.

I would appreciate FE7/FE8 focus packs, too. Maybe then I'd drop money to flesh out my GBA collection I currently don't have, once they've released all the cast.

49 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, I think a lot of us feel your pain with regards to those 5-star only characters.

I really, really want Linde, but the odds aren't great at all...

In my case, it's not even 5-star only characters. I'd love to make a Whitewings team lead by Caeda... but I only have Palla. So I can understand the desire for certain characters. We can all only hope for a good focus.

If I had plenty of money, I admit I'd probably spend some on the game just because I like it... but I don't have plenty of money.

For better or worse, I'm sticking with the 5 characters I summoned as well as 2 of the story characters and a couple of the Hero Battle characters.

My main team right now is 5* Lyn, 4* Cordelia, 4* Cecilia, and 4* Lissa, all lv. 40. and got all of the skills they can learn by that point. They've stomped the first few chapters of story mode in Lunatic so far. Currently sitting around with over 140 orbs; haven't spent any money so far and I'm trying to stockpile in hopes of getting the Choose Your Legends event version of Lyn once she comes into the game.

If money were an infinite resource, I'd be whaling hard to get my favorite or best units in the game. However, it isn't so I'm saving up my orbs in hopes of getting the unit I want most (and perhaps net other favorites in the process) and saving my money for other things.

Better yet, I hope that FE Heroes gets a non-F2P port to the 3DS without any microtransactions beyond paid DLC that requires no RNG.

Edited by Roflolxp54

As someone who is very experienced with the gacha games. Spending money on this is easy and worth it.

1) you can upgrade the rarity of your heroes. (Given time and investment pulling a 1* is the same as pulling a 5*)

2) a team of 4* is enough to get you through the game.

3) dispite some chars being heavily outclassed by others, you don't NEED to hunt a specific 5* char to do well.

4) Due to 3, you are spending gems to get heroes you WANT instead of need.

5) Every 4*, you get is 5% of a 5*. If you get dupes of a 4* you want, it not only provides you with a stronger 4* unit but also counts as 5% of a 5* since Merging will reduce upgrade cost.

My luck in this game is HORRIBLE. I have NOT gotten a single 5* that I wanted. I got other 5*'s that I don't want/need and eventually found a use for them (8 red 5* (with 1 dope), 4 Green, 0 Blue, 1 Healer).

I have bought the 75 gem package 3x. Regrets? None. Why? because I really like this game. The spending was completely optionnal. The extra units actually provide me with a lot of different combinations to learn and try out.

Don't fool yourself that you need a specific 5* or that you might get what you want. The nature of RNG means you can spend 1 billion gems on Rolls and still never get that unit you want. 

Spend money with a clear cut purpose. I am very happy with the value I got from the 225 gems that I bought. I supported a game I like. I got to try out a lot of different units and have enough feather fodder to MAKE, 3 5* chars.

What makes me sad is not the cost for rolls, but the cost for everything else. 1 gem = only 3 Arena duels! 3 5min fights is not worth 1 gem.O verall just know what you are spending money on/for and you won't be disappointed.

It's not worth it at all. You may not no this, but feh has the equivalent of natures from pokemon. Which means that 5* you finally pulled might have a stat deficiency towards an important stat in favor of a useless stat. Just getting a good hero isn't enough, meaning the rates are god awful and worse than a 6% chance of getting a 5*.

over one k spent on game and no hector or ericka feelsbadman. I dont understand how people have +9 and +8 takumis and robins and i only have +1 or 2 and my last 600 orb pull was trash i got an elise, omga, seilph, and julia, hawkeye, and ryoma. the only ones i didnt already have were elise and hawkeye.... I probably wont be spending until ike comes out... x.x

43 minutes ago, Shiro said:

over one k spent on game and no hector or ericka feelsbadman. I dont understand how people have +9 and +8 takumis and robins and i only have +1 or 2 and my last 600 orb pull was trash i got an elise, omga, seilph, and julia, hawkeye, and ryoma. the only ones i didnt already have were elise and hawkeye.... I probably wont be spending until ike comes out... x.x

And that's essentially why I refuse to spend even £70 (~$100) right now.

No.

You could spend that $75 twice and end up with only 2 5* from it and even if you "hunt" summon, you may end up wasting a lot of orbs to end up in a situation where a 5* appears when the color you're looking for is not offered.

The game is a horrible cash-grabber like any mobile game and if you spend money on it, you're spending 2 bucks just to get a roll that will more often than not, be a duplicate character.

Gacha system aside, the game is fine when played for Free so long as you can resist your desire for specific character and just make the best of what you're given. Just don't expect to hit a high rank in the Arena anytime soon if you don't spend thousands.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

It might be or might not be..I'm not sure yet.
Maybe its a coincidence, but both times I've spent money I've gotten multiple 5 Star units. The first time I got Lyn, Lucina, Marth, and Roy as 5 Stars, along with 4 Stars of Tharja & Camilla, and the second time I got Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, and Kagero, all as 5 Stars.

17 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It might be or might not be..I'm not sure yet.
Maybe its a coincidence, but both times I've spent money I've gotten multiple 5 Star units. The first time I got Lyn, Lucina, Marth, and Roy as 5 Stars, along with 4 Stars of Tharja & Camilla, and the second time I got Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, and Kagero, all as 5 Stars.

It's pure coincidence. I just tested it today with $75 worth of orbs and got 2 Eirikas when I was hunting for Hector. The game would throw cases where there were no greens and I pretty much had to hope I didn't get a 5* on that unwanted first roll and boom, Eirika on both cases it happened.

Fortunately for me, that money was just a 1 day Per-Diem so it didn't really feel like I lost anything out of it.