Thieves/Ninjas really need a buff

FrostyFireMage

I had a 4* Gaius before I rerolled and he pulled his weight really good :0 best dagger user I've had outside of Kagero, I thought he was useful. 

They'll probably introduce stronger ones eventually. When Tellius rolls around, I'm willing to bet that Sothe will be pretty strong. 

I'm hesitant to give an outright buff to daggers, but better Skill selection for the specific units might help them a bit.  Once we get Skill inheritance, who knows, maybe they will get a bit better.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Kagerou is pretty good, but yeah, other than maybe Saizou, all the Thief-type units kinda suck. Felicia and Jakob do debuff support better than the likes of Gaius and co.

Yeah, the Poison Dagger makes all the difference.  Kagero has low enough HP to not make it OP, but I could see the other Thieves/Ninjas being even better than her, if they got the same weapon.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yeah, the Poison Dagger makes all the difference.  Kagero has low enough HP to not make it OP, but I could see the other Thieves/Ninjas being even better than her, if they got the same weapon.

Kagerou is balanced because of no bulk and actually low Attack, so she can't do too much to non-infantry. Also, the Poison Dagger's debuff is basically useless, since if it doesn't kill the target is probably near death, so she's not really a debuffer, but just an attacker.

I think as of now, there is really no point in having a Shuriken debuffer, because you could be picking a different Colorless for more damage instead, while Shuriken users not named Kagerou all require back-up from teammates for kills, a luxury one might not always have. It could be a different story if there was a Shuriken that lowered Speed, however...

Matthew makes surprisingly decent filler, thanks to Poison Strike/Hone Speed/self-buff.  Felicia giggles when mages attack her.  Jakob functions as a stand-alone multi-stat-debuffer, with a withering -14 total stats on hit at 5* (so does Felicia, but who's counting?).  Saizo's interesting - his debuff is spread around, along with at least 10 damage to his target.  I don't have Gaius, but his weapon's the same as Matthew's IIRC.  Kagero is self-explanatory.

I think it falls under ease of use.  IMO Jakob is powerful, but he hits the wrong stats for my purposes, since my team revolves around Speed.

Just try pairing a decently fast melee unit that doesn't hit that hard with a dagger user and you'll see a major difference in your combat forecasts. Even if your rogue does 0 damage, there is always a helpful effect just for having them fight. I don't think I could level up my Olivia without Felicia.

12 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

They do pitiful amounts of damage and have a tendency to get one-shotted. Plus their whole debuffing role is done better by the plethora of debuffing skills available to multiple units.

Kagero is the only one that isn't deadweight on a team.

In training tower and campaign, they have their uses but in high end Arena, Kagero is basically the only useful one. Why debuff when you can just outright kill with better units? Sadly skill inheritance will not make Kagerou any stronger compare to the likes of Takumi (I doubt they will prevent Vantage Takumi since Gordin is a Bow User with Vantage).

Edited by Clogon

I haven't had trouble using the 4 star Matthew I pulled. Though I did merge two other Matthews with him (the 2 star one you start with and a 3 star one I pulled in the same batch)... In fact, his debuffs and stuff have come in handy.

4 hours ago, Clogon said:

In training tower and campaign, they have their uses but in high end Arena, Kagero is basically the only useful one. Why debuff when you can just outright kill with better units? Sadly skill inheritance will not make Kagerou any stronger compare to the likes of Takumi (I doubt they will prevent Vantage Takumi since Gordin is a Bow User with Vantage).

Because you work with what you have.  Think of all the light, fast attackers.  I have none of them, so I need to rely on some debuffing to win.