New Heroes 2/27 Discssion Thread

dragonlordsd

Hey guys.

So, Just got a Reinhart (took about 40 orbs). So far, he looks pretty ridiculous.

His weapon isn't anything special, it always doubles when he attacks, but gives him -5 spd. Every other skill is awesome, though.

His activated skill, Blazing Thunder deals 1.5X damage to all surrounding units before he intinates his attack.

He has Vantage 3, which means he counter attacks first at <75% hp, Spur attack 2, and goad cavalry (I have no other Cavalry, so I'm probably not getting much use out of this one.)

Anybody got any of the others yet?

Edit: And I just got another Reinhart. Dang it, I wanted Olwen.

Edited by dragonlordsd

27 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

His weapon isn't anything special, it always doubles when he attacks, but gives him -5 spd. Every other skill is awesome, though.

Nothing special? It's a brave tome! As far as I've heard his speed is low anyway so that -5 shouldn't matter.

Just now, NickV said:

As far as I've heard his speed is low anyway so that -5 shouldn't matter.

It gets him doubled by ALFONSE of all people. And sadly, Vantage+Dime/Dire Thunder doesn't work here. I guess pretty much ANY axe user with 23+ speed will tear him a new one.

Then again, brave tome. Swordlords, beware.

Also, Goads stack with one another. Imagine a team of 4 Reinhardts.

11 minutes ago, NickV said:

Nothing special? It's a brave tome! As far as I've heard his speed is low anyway so that -5 shouldn't matter.

Yeah, no kidding. I've gotten both of mine to level 12, they have 5 and 4 speed respectively. This may be the lowest speed unit in the game. With the tome, they functionally have 0 speed at level 12.

46 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, no kidding. I've gotten both of mine to level 12, they have 5 and 4 speed respectively. This may be the lowest speed unit in the game. With the tome, they functionally have 0 speed at level 12.

Actually do you have the tome equipped? The stats shown take tome's -5 Speed into account.

And no, the slowest is still Sophia, she ends with 19 speed and 5*/Lvl40 without any sorts of penalties. Reinhardt's low speed is at least partly because of Dire Thunder.

9 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Actually do you have the tome equipped? The stats shown take tome's -5 Speed into account.

And no, the slowest is still Sophia, she ends with 19 speed and 5*/Lvl40 without any sorts of penalties. Reinhardt's low speed is at least partly because of Dire Thunder.

Oh, the stats displayed do? Interesting. Funny that Sophia is the slowest. I remember her being pretty slow in FE6, but not that slow...

Brave ranged weapons seem a lot easier to make use of than Brave melee weapons. With that in mind, Dire Thunder looks exciting, and I'm hoping I pull one of the pair.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Brave ranged weapons seem a lot easier to make use of than Brave melee weapons. With that in mind, Dire Thunder looks exciting, and I'm hoping I pull one of the pair.

It's a safe and solid counter to most Falchion users IMO. Double-nuking from a distance with Brave WTA tomes looks like a safe way to tackle Marths/Lucinas that fill the Arena.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I want Olwen just because she's one of my favorites, but Dime Thunder does look super promising and she will likely have good synergy with my team.

Alas, I do not have her. Maybe next pull.

Yeah same here. I really want an Olwen, she's one of my favorites from that series.

Side note: can we just keep calling it "Dime Thunder"? I'm really partial to that name. I like it better than "Dire Thunder."

58 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Side note: can we just keep calling it "Dime Thunder"? I'm really partial to that name. I like it better than "Dire Thunder."

Until they're releasing a remake of Thracia with full English localisation, I'll use the next best thing, which is Dire Thunder.

While I prefer Dime Thunder as well, I've been trying to go with official localization names. Dire Thunder will probably still be its name in the inevitable FE5 remake, although we've probably got about five years until that happens.

The new heroes are cool, but uh... well... let's just say I'll be saving my orbs =3= they're not exactly a priority for me. Eldigan and Sanaki might be cool to get, but red units are commonplace enough as it is so I'll just wait for the next focus haha ;;

Incidentally though does Sanaki seem any good to anyone?

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Has anyone gotten eldigan yet? I want to know what his skills are.

His skills are listed in the announcement notification. He has a legendary weapon that reduces his special count, and his special skill is Blazing Light. I don't remember his passive skills, but you should be able to check.

I actually got Klein today off my first summon. Brave Bow+, Glacies, Death Blow and Riposte; not sure how good Riposte will be when Brave Bow tanks his speed. Level 1 is 18 HP/17 Atk/1 Spd/5 Def/5 Res -- he seems tanky enough for his level but that speed seems... thankfully with Death Blow even with the Speed Tank he should end whoever he attacks in one go. Hopefully his speed will catch up at least so he won't be doubled too often.

Just now, Mighty J said:

not sure how good Riposte will be when Brave Bow tanks his speed

100% for a second attack as a counterattack from 2-range. Not a bad thing, IMO. Klein's job is to hit stuff hard and either heavily chip it or outright kill it immediately.

26 minutes ago, Mighty J said:

I actually got Klein today off my first summon. Brave Bow+, Glacies, Death Blow and Riposte; not sure how good Riposte will be when Brave Bow tanks his speed. Level 1 is 18 HP/17 Atk/1 Spd/5 Def/5 Res -- he seems tanky enough for his level but that speed seems... thankfully with Death Blow even with the Speed Tank he should end whoever he attacks in one go. Hopefully his speed will catch up at least so he won't be doubled too often.

Since Klein competes directly with Takumi, a lot of his usefulness will be determined by his stats. If he hits significantly harder, that with the brave bow may make him good.

Anybody know what his attack looks like?

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Anybody know what his attack looks like?

38/41/44 before Deathblow's +6 on PlayerPhase kicks in.

Edited by Elieson
WRONG

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Not bad. Not bad at all. Would be interested in getting one now.

I made a mistake.

34/37/40 before Deathblow's +6. Disregard my previous statement that was 4 points higher than it should've been!