The Arena needs a rework

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Sire said:

I agree the Arena could use a rework, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it without discarding the "Total Stats = Score." I have some suggestions below that may help the current system, but first here are some thoughts on said system.

1. Score being solely based off of stats from the opposing team sounds fine on paper. However, as matchmaking currently only takes in account total team stats and compares them to one another (so offensive totals versus defensive totals), the system heavily biases offensive teams with high total stats. The fact that merging is also included in this does not help matters.

2. Arena, as it stands, serves as the sole method of obtaining lots of Feathers. While feather costs are generally reasonable, the cost to go from a 4* unit to a 5* unit is ridiculous at 20000 Feathers. Due to the highly competitive nature of the Arena, it can be extremely difficult for players to earn Feathers to help build a solid 5* team composition for "endgame" play.

3. Bonus Heroes are meant to mix up offensive teams a bit, but the system heavily punishes players that do not have said heroes. Then, even if they do own the hero, that particular hero may not be trained, not to the player's liking, or has poor synergy with the "Main Arena Team." 

As for some suggestions that will never be implemented...

1. When choosing from Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced, also show the colors and icons for the enemy team like in the Training Tower. This will lessen the likelihood of players running blind into gimmick teams such as a random leader and 3 Takumis. // It would also be helpful to showcase enemy levels as well as their merge count by character.

2. When choosing opponents, allow for a single reroll to match the player against different teams. Combined with 1, this makes it easier for players to run Advanced against teams more suited for the offensive composition or to avoid a potential Gimmick team. // Since Gimmick teams may be skipped over, players may want to build their defense team to "lure opponents in" instead of ambushing them like in the current system.

3. Include a "Tier Bonus" for being in a certain tier. Maybe start out with 500 Feathers if the player makes it to Tier 1, and granting an additional 500 Feathers per tier above that. So, if I move to rank 6, I would gain 3000 Feathers due to the "Tier Bonus." This caps out at Tier 20 with 10000 Feathers.

4. Bonus Heroes, instead of doubling scores, give a Feather Bonus that chains together and is rewarded at the end of the current run (whether it fails, manages a 7 streak, or is stopped by the Arena closing). This offers a grindable method for Feathers and gives players an incentive to buy Dueling Crests. As an example, say each round grants 100 Feathers, with a +10 chain bonus. So, if the player manages a 7-win streak using a Bonus Hero, that player will be rewarded a bonus of 860 Feathers. (100 + 110 + 120 + 130 + 140+ 150+ 160 = 860)

5. Bonus Heroes can also be fielded on Defensive Teams to double the Defense score. The Defense scoring system will be adjusted to accommodate this change, with max Defense rewards being capped at 1000 Feathers (instead of the current 500).

6. Add modifiers to the scoring system to make more characters viable. For example, Armored Units will have a -10 penalty to scores due to their high stats, while Cavalry and Grey units gain a +10 bonus due to their lower stats (does not stack, so Elise will not have a +20 to score, just a +10). Abilities and weapons that affect stats (such as Brave's -5 SPD or Fury) have no effect on score calculations. So, while Hinata may have 181 total stats, he actually just has 169 for scoring purposes because of the +12 from Fury.

The goal is to have most units around "170 Total Score." Of course, there will be outliers such as Male!Robin being at 160 or Young!Tiki being at 178, but no system is perfect.

I said exactly what u said in number three in a prior post lol. I don't think defense is a problem, nor the stat total thing either. But your bonus hero Idea is very on point, I'd definitely prefer to get more feathers because it took me a while to get to 20,000. The arena quests were a major key because if I didn't do those I think I'd still be at 11,000 or something. If they kept the arena quests then they might not need to do as much re-working in the arena.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Runescape's model is very outdated and flawed, and it shows in their dwindling playerbase. With the advent of mobile games, and also better F2P models, no one wants to pay 10 USD every month for "long-term" gratification that also requires excessive grinding. When Bonds were first introduced, each one went for about 1~2 million gp on the Grand Exchange, which, unless you already have access to making Rune Bars, is already realistically impossible for a F2P player to accomplish without sacrificing sleep, social life, and work etc. This price range has been maintained in Old School RS iirc, but it has inflated to insane levels because of RS3's small playerbase (most of them bots).

If Nintendo were to learn from any company, I would not want it to be Jagex. At all.

The main point is that F2Pers can grind for a normally P2P or P2W resource - the option exists. Granted, I will admit that picking Runescape was a poor choice on my part since Jagex does make questionable if not controversial moves such as introducing a gacha-style feature (the former Squeal of Fortune and the current Treasure Hunter, complete with the option of spending real cash or bonds to get more chances to get more prizes) which does introduce some pay-to-win items that could only be obtained from Treasure Hunter for a limited time (such as Elite skilling outfits and tradeable rare items that can go for a lot of cash in the player economy) and the fact that Runescape is basically Grinding and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Simulator since 2001 (13,034,431 experience points to level a non-elite skill from lv. 1 to 99 is ridiculous among video games though it's more ridiculous years ago when there were fewer efficient training methods). Also, inflation runs pretty rampant in Runescape thanks in part to the High Level Alchemy spell being spammed as a Magic skill training method (bonds in Runescape 3 cost 10M-16M apiece nowadays depending on whether a Treasure Hunter or Solomon's General Store promotion is going on or not).

Couple of notes:

Anna wasn't a Bonus Hero in the first set and has yet to be one at all. No idea why, but there you go.

I wouldn't say Hector is absolutely compulsory, but you still need a strong unit to compensate. I've been running a team of Anna/Lucina/Nowi/Takumi (all 5 Star Level 40) and I've consistently ranked up every single season, though my Feather earnings have dropped considerably since Lucina and Takumi dropped out of Bonus status.

That said, I know how annoying Hector and Takumi can be in the arena, especially since you need one of those units as a counter for somebody else using them. Also, I think it's unfair that the gap in points between those who use Bonus Heroes and those who don't is unfair. I understand incentivising purchasing Orbs and whatnot, but the gap is so big it can double the time it takes to get Hero Feathers for 5 Star upgrades. I think there should at least be a notification next time new Bonus Heroes are coming in so people can prepare a bit by grinding up those that they have, though even this is kind of pointless, since all the resources which go into getting them to be effective will be wasted once a new Bonus group is chosen.

I don't really have any definitive answers, so I'll just echo what has been said so far. There are definitely cracks in the model, but only time will tell how much it will hurt the game in the long run.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think merging units should stay, but get reworked.  I think there should be a hard cap on the max stat being their "boon" value, and merging could help off set the bane.  Maybe the first merger gives +2 to the Bane stat, and then subsequent mergers even out among the rest of the non-Boon stats.

That way, a single merger could help alleviate a lot of the sting from a bad bane, but we don't see +10 units with 7 higher speed than they should have access to.

I absolutely love this idea.  It would be much more balanced but still rewarding.  And trivial to implement.

I've been saying this ever since I joined here. What I got was a warning from a moderator saying I'm nothing but a crying wolf because I've been wrong the entire time when I've been saying this game is P2W the entire time. That was me saying that Grand Hero Battles are specificly designed toward everyone cashing out on new banners because you can always faceroll with them without using any tactics. Same with arena system as discussed on here. 

What I'm trying to say is; be careful guys. This game is not P2W. Banners, Arena, Grand Hero Battles and even some of the new quests requiring new Banner Focus heroes are defintely not aimed toward whales $$$ out. Everything in the game is fair and reachable with enough dedication. Just follow your ninja way and believe in the heart of the cards. - Yugi Uzumaki

I'm 100% with the moderators. So, now I've warned you all. No need for them to warn you and eventually get you banned. Game is not even close to P2W 

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄ 
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█ 
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ 
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ 
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ 
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ 
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ 
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ 
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ 
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█ 
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ 
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█ 
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█ 
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

I wouldn't say it is P2W, I'm a 100% free player and at the Arena I always get the max attack and defense number of feathers... though this last week I didn't even get into the ranking and I usually never go past the mid-way, and I keep raising my rank so I guess it will just get harder... (Rank 5 already)

On the other hand I could finish the story, have 5* star units at level 40 and some 4* at that level too, I beat all the Grand Hero battles in hard so far and the paralogues including Lunatic too.

I wouldn't say it is P2W, actually it's quite easier for free players than other games are, I would like to see the next batch of story updates soon to farm some more orbs and some challenging maps.

45 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

I wouldn't say it is P2W, I'm a 100% free player and at the Arena I always get the max attack and defense number of feathers... though this last week I didn't even get into the ranking and I usually never go past the mid-way, and I keep raising my rank so I guess it will just get harder... (Rank 5 already)

On the other hand I could finish the story, have 5* star units at level 40 and some 4* at that level too, I beat all the Grand Hero battles in hard so far and the paralogues including Lunatic too.

I wouldn't say it is P2W, actually it's quite easier for free players than other games are, I would like to see the next batch of story updates soon to farm some more orbs and some challenging maps.

How exactly isn't it P2W if you have absolutely no chance of ranking 1 - 1000 without paying in arena? Sure, you can do it once or twice with extremely lucky pulls. Soon as those two weeks are over and the new banner focuses are the new arena bonus heroes you can pretty much kiss your top ranking goodbye as all your free orbs went on the previews banner. 

To avoid another warning I might aswell say that my current discussion isn't me stating that the game is P2W but rather out of curiousity asking my fellow FE:Heroes players what you define as "P2W" since you disagree with the game being one. 

To me, everything that isn't possible to reach without paying no matter how much you grind, spend time, make wise choices etc, is P2W. Since there's absolutely no other way of obtaining it. Sure, in theory it's possible to make every single unit you have 5* by just collecting feathers. It's even possible to make the the less common units 5*+10 with just collecting feathers and merging since they have a high summon rate. However, just because it's possible doesn't actually mean it's actually possible. By the time you've accomplished that you're probably already dead if the game didn't shut down first. Just because you can make yourself a multi billionaire by collecting a few dropped pennies off the streets doesn't actually mean it's possible even though in theory it should be. That's the case with Fire Emblem: Heroes. 

So, what other games that are P2W or F2P that have quests outside of PvP that's literally only achieveable by paying?  I've never played such a game since everything outside of PvP is usually obtainable by everyone. That's how almost all the games out there are designed. What determines if a game is actually P2W is always PvP and everything you obtain to have an advantage in PvP. In FE:Heroes PvP = Arena is the closest thing.

So, my question is: What exactly determines if a game is P2W or not according to you guys?

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

19 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

How exactly isn't it P2W if you have absolutely no chance of ranking 1 - 1000 without paying in arena? Sure, you can do it once or twice with extremely lucky pulls. Soon as those two weeks are over and the new banner focuses are the new arena bonus heroes you can pretty much kiss your top ranking goodbye as all your free orbs went on the previews banner. 

To avoid another warning I might aswell say that my current discussion isn't me stating that the game is P2W but rather out of curiousity asking my fellow FE:Heroes players what you define as "P2W" since you disagree with the game being one. 

To me, everything that isn't possible to reach without paying no matter how much you grind, spend time, make wise choices etc, is P2W. Since there's absolutely no other way of obtaining it. Sure, in theory it's possible to make every single unit you have 5* by just collecting feathers. It's even possible to make the the less common units 5*+10 with just collecting feathers and merging since they have a high summon rate. However, just because it's possible doesn't actually mean it's actually possible. By the time you've accomplished that you're probably already dead if the game didn't shut down first. Just because you can make yourself a multi billionaire by collecting a few dropped pennies off the streets doesn't actually mean it's possible even though in theory it should be. That's the case with Fire Emblem: Heroes. 

So, what other games that are P2W or F2P that have quests outside of PvP that's literally only achieveable by paying?  I've never played such a game since everything outside of PvP is usually obtainable by everyone. That's how almost all the games out there are designed. What determines if a game is actually P2W is always PvP and everything you obtain to have an advantage in PvP. In FE:Heroes PvP = Arena is the closest thing.

So, my question is: What exactly determines if a game is P2W or not according to you guys?

I wouldn't drag the arena into the F2P/P2W aspect because those with money will always clearly have an advantage, that doesn't mean that free players stand no chance though. What we should consider are those game modes not influenced by it, the main mode is the story which so far can be completed without the need to use any real money (Other games would escalate the difficulty to such levels that pretty much force you to do so), the paralogues and the hero battles are also fair so far, where things can get nasty is at higher levels of the training tower because there seems to be certain RNG when it comes to what shows up with what skills.

I do think that some things could benefit free players like adding some kind of friend points summon that many other games, that gives 1-2 star units (3 stars rarely with luck) or maybe easier access to big quantities of feathers. But so far everything is in reach of everyone. Paying players will clearly have an advantage at the arena, though that's just an advantage since even them need luck with their summons though their chances are greater. And even then you can get a minimun of feathers every week just by trying since there are feathers that aren't tied to ranking at all.

8 hours ago, Sire said:

4. Bonus Heroes, instead of doubling scores, give a Feather Bonus that chains together and is rewarded at the end of the current run (whether it fails, manages a 7 streak, or is stopped by the Arena closing). This offers a grindable method for Feathers and gives players an incentive to buy Dueling Crests. As an example, say each round grants 100 Feathers, with a +10 chain bonus. So, if the player manages a 7-win streak using a Bonus Hero, that player will be rewarded a bonus of 860 Feathers. (100 + 110 + 120 + 130 + 140+ 150+ 160 = 860)

I think that's a pretty cool idea, if they also bumped up the amount of feathers available without this method.

4 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

I've been saying this ever since I joined here. What I got was a warning from a moderator saying I'm nothing but a crying wolf because I've been wrong the entire time when I've been saying this game is P2W the entire time. That was me saying that Grand Hero Battles are specificly designed toward everyone cashing out on new banners because you can always faceroll with them without using any tactics. Same with arena system as discussed on here.

I don't think it's any incredible revelation that a mobile game gives advantages to people who pay. I will say, you were being a little bit too dramatic about it.

This topic is honestly not quite relevant to Pay to Win though. Whether or not you're paying doesn't change these problems; you are still limited in Hero selection, and unless you have an unlimited bankroll, you will still hit rank walls in the Arena.

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

No on the rarity thing, because then it becomes purely a matter of pulls.  Level + stats + skills would probably do it, since there's already a difference between 4* max stats and 5*.  I'd agree to this if the 5* promotion cost wasn't stupidly high.

---

The only thing I would love in the arena is "no duplicates on the defense team" clause - any duplicates get auto-subbed to another unit with the same weapon type or something.

Yeah, I've been advocating for a no duplicates clause for weeks, now.  I'd go even further and say any duplicates just get removed and you play short.  That or they shadow ban those teams.

Think your 4 Takumi team is so great?  Well, now it's 1 Takumi.

19 hours ago, Korath88 said:

About excluding rarity, wouldn't including stats in the scoring mechanic just lead to the same problematic scoring system we have now? And using stats to calculate score would be no different than using rarity as 5*s have higher stat totals than lower rarities.

With a scoring system based on level + rarity, it doesn't punish players who can't run a team of 4 Hectors, and makes low BST 5* units like Reinhardt more viable in the arena.

I'm more interested in equalizing the 3 5* level 40/1 4* level 1 composition, which I think is far more abusive.  With the current system, the 4* can sort-of make up the difference via the + system, though it'll take something like +7 before it evens out (assuming I have my base stat gap correct).

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I've been advocating for a no duplicates clause for weeks, now.  I'd go even further and say any duplicates just get removed and you play short.  That or they shadow ban those teams.

Think your 4 Takumi team is so great?  Well, now it's 1 Takumi.

But I LIKE Hector match-ups! :P:

I wouldn't mind having a duplicate removal clause, but only for defense.  If you want to stomp the arena with four Peris on offense, go for it.

9 hours ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

So, since you don't take well to private lectures, have a public one:

The next time I catch you derailing a thread, for any reason, it's a suspension.  You're arguing against the very nature of gacha, which isn't specific to Heroes.  Either contribute here meaningfully, or find somewhere more fitting to post your grievances.

Eclipse laying down the law^

Anywho, a duplicate cause is necessary but maybe to a fault. What if someone only has 2 five stars and they just happen to be the same thing? I think 2 max is a little bit better cause I can fight 2 Takumis on one team. 3+ is just absolute destruction.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anywho, a duplicate cause is necessary but maybe to a fault. What if someone only has 2 five stars and they just happen to be the same thing? I think 2 max is a little bit better cause I can fight 2 Takumis on one team. 3+ is just absolute destruction.

Unless it's four Legions. I'd love to run four Legions. Uweheehee!

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

:P:

Is it absolutely necessary to have a bunch of 5* characters on defense, though?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless it's four Legions. I'd love to run four Legions. Uweheehee!

pls, four Gharnefs, which is one better than Shadow Dragon :P:

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, since you don't take well to private lectures, have a public one:

The next time I catch you derailing a thread, for any reason, it's a suspension.  You're arguing against the very nature of gacha, which isn't specific to Heroes.  Either contribute here meaningfully, or find somewhere more fitting to post your grievances.

"Personally, I think the current Arena system is kinda flawed and unfair, and needs a revamp to be actually fun. I understand that this game will always reward people who spend money or get lucky with various mechanics, while encouraging the unlucky ones to spend on orbs. Still, I think this is the wrong way to go about it." - TS

1st sentence made by TS. Pretty much states that the problem with the current arena system is the very fact that it's heavily revolved around people who spent alot of money/people with lucky pulls, but that only last for so long. Soon as the next bonus heroes are out and all free orbs are gone they're at the same place as everyone who doesn't spend money. Just as TS, I too, think it's the wrong way to go about it. There's no denying that. Discussions about spending money to gain advantages/reality/changes are obviously going to be brought up just by the very nature of the very 1st sentence and the fact that the thread is about arena which is heavily influenced by that. That much I dare to say it's at it's very core. 

"Second is the Bonus Heroes. Every season, there are a bunch of Heroes that double your Arena score when you have them on your team. Most of them are the current Focus heroes." - TS

How exactly do you guarentee yourself to get atleast one of those heroes once you run out of all your free orbs? From experience alone, we can pretty much assume it rotates once every two weeks. Always with the previews focus banner heroes in there, all of them. Sure, Narcian, Odin and Catria are in there too. The problem is that nobody in their right mind would spend 20k+ feathers on any of them to actually make them viable. Narcian is an inferior version of Camilla/Minerva. Robin will always be the mage people use their 20k feathers on rather than Odin. Catria can atleast be pulled at 5* but is heavily countered by the current meta. That being said, new focus banner heroes are without a doubt the optimal choice of ranking up at the very moment. Leaving people with the option to waste 1.5 months of collected feathers on an inferior unit to be able to score higher these two weeks or leave it be and get bad scores if you didn't manage to pull any of the newer heroes. That needs a change. In order to change that we need to look at the very core of the problem which is the very fact that the bonus rewards are designed to reward people who spend alot of money at the game in mind.

"Since you need to have a high stat total to even have a good score, there is no flexibility in your Arena rank at all; every week, you can expect the same results as long as you get a perfect run. That honestly just makes the ranking system completely pointless to any player who never spends money, since you need many Limit Breaks and good units to get to a good rank. Also, while there are Bonus Heroes available for free or more accessible to non-paying players, they are often rather bad units. In the first set of Bonuses, Sharena, Alfonse (and I think Anna) were available to everyone as Bonuses; however, they all started at 2*, and were thus basically unusable at the time. The second set (current) set of Bonuses has Odin, Narcian and Catria. Odin and Narcian are both, honestly, mediocore units that can lose you perfect runs, or even lose games. Catria is pretty solid, but is only dropped as a 4* or 5*, which means she is less accessible compared to the other two. Also, Narcian's map was fairly tough, such that without some lucky pulls, a free to play player might not have the tools to clear the 3* map, leaving them with a 2* Narcian.

I hope IS changes the Arena someday, since as the main source of feathers, it can really discourage free to play players from continuing on." - TS

Pretty much everything is covered. Even Narcian's map is brought up so talking about Grand Hero Battles isn't derailing. Sure, asking people what their definition of "P2W" might be of a stretch, however. It was a direct reply to people disagreeing about people getting a huge advantage by spending money. Instead of "I'm right, you're wrong. My opinion is absolute" I asked them of their point of view to have a better understanding when they're disagreeing and how to response accordingly.

Let's say I disagree with TS' quote: "I understand that this game will always reward people who spend money or get lucky with various mechanics, while encouraging the unlucky ones to spend on orbs. Still, I think this is the wrong way to go about it."

By me simply disagreeing he/she would have to get further into the discussion or leaving. To come to an understanding she/he would need to know my point of view which would lead to less and less arena talk because while it 100% effects arena, the core of the very foundation isn't the arena. I also didn't disagree regarding the arena itself but with the money spending, luck and mechanics. So, literally I'm not even allowed to reply to the people disagreeing and asking them nicely about their point of view of the very thing they're disagreeing without getting a warning and eventually a ban. Meanwhile, people are free to disagree and reply as much as they want to me while I'm not even allowed to question, ask about their opinion about their disagree/agreement. Amazing rules are amazing. Note: That was an example.

I avoided the word "P2W" this time since it seems to make you very moody. Just to make things clear. I'm not grieving. I'm simply stating facts and am always up for a discussion. I don't hate people paying. I've actually spent money on this game myself, however, I only play on my F2P account because I have 5 5* with one of them being +2. While I only got 3 5* on my main that I also spent money on with boon/banes that breaks them. Just because you possibly spent alot of money on this game only getting bad pulls leaving you at worse state than alot of F2P and being closer to a P2W, don't take it over me.

So, please. Stop saying I hate Gaccha games/grieving when I only state the obvious facts of how the game currently works. Wether you love/hate how it works is up to you. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Just stating my own opinion being well aware that it's not absolute in any possible way. Also, this topic isn't about how to improve the arena only. The title may suggest it, but TS doesn't state that anywhere. What it is is TS stating his/her own opinion of the current state of the arena starting a discussion around that and everything he/she said. So, no. I'm not derailing. You should follow your own rules and start by banning yourself for abusing your moderator powers, how about that?

Incase you want to know my very own opinion on how to improve arena I might say it even though it's not needed giving the nature of the thread that I've already covered my very own thoughts on most things that were brought up. Knowing you will keep abusing your moderator powers and I'll be banned despite not doing anything wrong according to the rules I'll just give my very own thoughts on how to improve the arena before I'm gone.

Arena shouldn't get rid off bonuses. It keeps the game from being stale in theory. Arena should instead modify the bonuses. Here's an example of how: Instead of having specific heroes, they should have specific missions within the arena just like the monthly quests. "Use a flier unit", "KO foe with a red tome user" etc. That forces people to still have different units but is now available for everyone. Before going into arena you would have to setup different teams. Once you press proceed you will see your bonus mission and be able to change between your team. However, you cannot create teams in there. Only choose between those you have already created. That would mean that a little luck is involved too always allowing for different rankings. Another thing would be to make bonuses based on time since it's currently vs AI only. The longer you wait and bait to get the perfect setup the less bonus points you get. This rewards people with actual skills as you'd have to be a quick thinker.

I'm pretty much banned now. Goodbye, everyone. Enjoy the game. I hope they make updates that makes everyone happy. I also hope they ban all those 5*+10 cheaters currently in top #500 because it isn't really nice to people who spent alot of money only to get outdone by them. See ya :)

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I mostly meant for Defense Teams.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I mostly meant for Defense Teams.

That's what I meant too. A person can use whatever they want when fighting other arena teams but I'm okay with fighting 2 of the same thing, it just can't be higher than 2 is all I'm saying. But in accordance with what Eclipse said, maybe duplicate for offense isn't bad either cause not many people will get defenses if there happens to be a full team of Takumis, Hectors, etc. 

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

:P:

Is it absolutely necessary to have a bunch of 5* characters on defense, though?

Yes. Maybe you've experienced this before but sometimes you hear people saying "I didn't get any arena defense this week" or "last week I got 21 defenses this time I got 1 and it only gave me 200 feathers". So whenever you encounter a team with stacks on stacks of wicked plays tactics and buffs, they only did it to get some Frickin defenses. And it makes sense too. If I asked just the people on this topic, "how many times did u lose in arena last week?". I lost twice. Some will say none others will say one. The arena AI isn't very good (obviously) so losing is rare. So it all comes down to a simple hypothesis,  If losing is rare then defenses are rare. So what do? Come up with the cheapest grimiest filthiest strats and put that as your defense. The only thing is you get 500 at most for the best defense. Someone said on a different topic (maybe general) that they "wipe their butt with five feathers". Well I eat 500 feathers for breakfast. Another thing too is that I am talking from a rank 5 point of view, in ranks 1 and 2 it could be a lot different (way less chaotic and gimmicky), which is why they need to increase these mother-flipping feather rewards!!!!

I run one four star person on my defense team right now Corrin.  With this said I'm not getting many defense clears each week but I do get one or two at max points.  I'm starting to think stacking up all blue/green/neutral units would be ideal right now as there seem to be a lack of popular green units.  This would mean you would autoloose any Hector matches, but you would stand a fair chance at causing problems for other comps.  

17 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Yes. Maybe you've experienced this before but sometimes you hear people saying "I didn't get any arena defense this week" or "last week I got 21 defenses this time I got 1 and it only gave me 200 feathers". So whenever you encounter a team with stacks on stacks of wicked plays tactics and buffs, they only did it to get some Frickin defenses. And it makes sense too. If I asked just the people on this topic, "how many times did u lose in arena last week?". I lost twice. Some will say none others will say one. The arena AI isn't very good (obviously) so losing is rare. So it all comes down to a simple hypothesis,  If losing is rare then defenses are rare. So what do? Come up with the cheapest grimiest filthiest strats and put that as your defense. The only thing is you get 500 at most for the best defense. Someone said on a different topic (maybe general) that they "wipe their butt with five feathers". Well I eat 500 feathers for breakfast. Another thing too is that I am talking from a rank 5 point of view, in ranks 1 and 2 it could be a lot different (way less chaotic and gimmicky), which is why they need to increase these mother-flipping feather rewards!!!!

I usually eke out a defense win or two.  Instead of going purely by the meta, I use off-characters.  Brave Axes are a great middle finger to blue units, which is what I count on my opponent bringing, due to the heavy red meta.  Most people can deal with Camilla, usually via an archer.  I use a +Def Raven instead, to (somewhat) eliminate that problem.  Takumi/Virion is an issue.  The rest - not so much (especially Setsuna, unless she's +Atk).