Elieson Talks Teams & Units | Today, The Starting Three, Alfonse Day, Not a Fun Day

Elieson

Actually, an Update.

I'm going to drop this thread, as in a matter of hours, most of what I've posted will be obselete information, what with the new Arena player association and battle matching mechanics, and the Skill Inheritance completely shifting the meta around. Bad can be good, Good can be Great, and Great can be Eh. As hyped as I am to continue discussion, @eclipse, please lock this bugger. I'll have a new Elieson Talks when Skill Inheritance finally makes 100% sense and we have all the raw numbers and limitations to look at.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Actually, an Update.

I'm going to drop this thread, as in a matter of hours, most of what I've posted will be obselete information, what with the new Arena player association and battle matching mechanics, and the Skill Inheritance completely shifting the meta around. Bad can be good, Good can be Great, and Great can be Eh. As hyped as I am to continue discussion, @eclipse, please lock this bugger. I'll have a new Elieson Talks when Skill Inheritance finally makes 100% sense and we have all the raw numbers and limitations to look at.

Too bad, you did a lot of good work.

I look forward to your future, though! How best to use Hector in this brave new world!

15 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Too bad, you did a lot of good work.

My new project, once Inheritance is fully explored, will let me jump in this a bit harder, and I can have a new method in store for data posting which will more efficiently share info, which'll be awesome. This was a great warm-up but there's more to come. Thank you for the praise though! It keeps me motivated to maintain my efforts!

25 minutes ago, Elieson said:

My new project, once Inheritance is fully explored, will let me jump in this a bit harder, and I can have a new method in store for data posting which will more efficiently share info, which'll be awesome. This was a great warm-up but there's more to come. Thank you for the praise though! It keeps me motivated to maintain my efforts!

So Anna day will never be the thing?

You sick twisted monster

Oh, I was looking forward to seeing more of those. I guess eventually, we will, so I'll look forward to that. Thanks for the analysis you already got us meanwhile (even if I never got the Klein, Eldigan and Gunther that would have allowed me to run a cavalry team), they were fun.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

So Anna day will never be the thing?

You sick twisted monster

I'll probably restart Heiroes analysis (get it?) with Anna/Sharena/Alfonse (in that order) when I restart this in a few days)

9 minutes ago, L9999 said:

It was good while it lasted.

This weekend and there'll be more, no worries. As the bulletin suggests, it's already modifying the Merge Units process for the future to not lose skills when doing Merges the "wrong way", implying that it's set to exist with this as an upgrade. That's something which won't really tie into my reviews so not much will change after this comes into play, since the rest appears to be units and events rather than mechanical changes to the units themselves

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

Oh, I was looking forward to seeing more of those. I guess eventually, we will, so I'll look forward to that. Thanks for the analysis you already got us meanwhile (even if I never got the Klein, Eldigan and Gunther that would have allowed me to run a cavalry team), they were fun.

Appreciated!

Thanks for all of hard work thet you put into this thread, Elieson.  It was really surprising to see this level of in depth analysis so early into this games life-span, especially since no one (except for the most dedicated of whales) is anywhere close to optimizing their units.

Same sentiment here, mate. These analyses were very informative, I enjoyed reading them (even if I couldn't enjoy using the units they were for due to not pulling them, except Sharena), and I look forward to reading the new ones in your next thread (unless you're just gonna do the new analyses in this one, then I'll look forward to that instead)!