March quest woes.

Silith13

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

XD

I never thought of using my Olivia to constantly refresh Sheena to get her to move past the speed of snail... That's almost ingenious... Well, it would be if my Olivia wasn't already level 27 while Sheena is at 5... And I can't just drop a spot for Olivia on that team, because I have other low units I need to train up.

Speaking of which, it's almost comical how much more useful 4* Raigh that I pulled is compared to his worthless 3* counterpart. An anti-infantry weapon in a game composed 80% of infantry, with decently high attack and speed? Yes please!

I bet you feel like I did when I was desperately trying to pull a bow user due to the amount of hell those Pegasus knights gave my mages and sword-users. I finally got Gordin after who knows how long, but the bow drought was real. And then the game relaxed on me, because then I got Niles, Setsuna, and most recently, 5* Klein! (Speaking of which, does anyone know if Klein is more useful than Gordin, or should I just train 'em both?)

Klein is a LOT more offense-oriented than Gordin.  Gordin's great for tanking physical hits.

I didn't really give a flying flip about pulling a bow user, since we got one for free. . .and he's perfect for my needs (Speed debuff with the occasional nuke)

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

But will Golda move -- *shot*

Still don't have any armors, saving up to see if maybe I can get an increased chance at Effie when her banner comes out. But I feel like I may have used up my luck when I summoned Sanaki with my only red orb last time when her banner came up.

Goldoa gets smacked by Bartre's mustache!

That's why I'm saving for the next banner.  My 5* luck is awful, but having an armor as a focus unit should help a little.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eclipse said:

Klein is a LOT more offense-oriented than Gordin.  Gordin's great for tanking physical hits.

I didn't really give a flying flip about pulling a bow user, since we got one for free. . .and he's perfect for my needs (Speed debuff with the occasional nuke)

Goldoa gets smacked by Bartre's mustache!

That's why I'm saving for the next banner.  My 5* luck is awful, but having an armor as a focus unit should help a little.

Virion is trash as hell though, especially because he stars as a garbo 2* in the first place

Yeah, I noticed Gordin's weirdly high defense.

...Just took a look at their stats. That feeling when your level 7 Klein (granted, he's a 5*) has one more attack than your level 13 4* Gordin...

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

When is the next banner anyway? Anyone know for sure?

Absolutely when - no clue. If I had to guesstimate, maybe next Thursday?

36 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Virion is trash as hell though, especially because he stars as a garbo 2* in the first place

Yeah, I noticed Gordin's weirdly high defense.

...Just took a look at their stats. That feeling when your level 7 Klein (granted, he's a 5*) has one more attack than your level 13 4* Gordin...

It's called strategy - and mine relies heavily on Virion's Seal Speed.  You work with what you've got, and I had several +Spd units thrown my way.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Absolutely when - no clue. If I had to guesstimate, maybe next Thursday?

It's called strategy - and mine relies heavily on Virion's Seal Speed.  You work with what you've got, and I had several +Spd units thrown my way.

Definitely fair. Not all of us are so lucky as to pull the godly units. I'm definitely not one of those...but sinking countless feathers into Virion is just something I don't want to do, especially with better archers at my disposal by this point.

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Definitely fair. Not all of us are so lucky as to pull the godly units. I'm definitely not one of those...but sinking countless feathers into Virion is just something I don't want to do, especially with better archers at my disposal by this point.

Technically, my first pulled archer was Niles. . .except his bane sucks (I think it's -Spd).  Virion was the second archer I pulled, at 4*.  Turns out +Spd means you can get away with a LOT of crap in the arena that otherwise wouldn't fly (like safely baiting all variants of Takumi).

There's a grand total of three Virions that can be obtained, for free.  Assuming you pull one with a decent boon/bane (as in, not -Atk/-Spd), you'll get a free +6 to stats, if you don't mind spending a ton of feathers.  Even if you never pull a Virion, you can get a neutral one to +2, albeit at a hefty feather investment.  However, if that's what the game hands you, and you're F2P, that's what you work with.

Then again, I like improvising (as long as I have the means to do so), so this works out perfectly in my favor.  As soon as the bonus characters change, and I can get away with running Virion on my arena team again, it's going to be all sorts of hilarious.

Edited by eclipse

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Technically, my first pulled archer was Niles. . .except his bane sucks (I think it's -Spd).  Virion was the second archer I pulled, at 4*.  Turns out +Spd means you can get away with a LOT of crap in the arena that otherwise wouldn't fly (like safely baiting all variants of Takumi).

I like how this morphed from "March Quest woes" to "discussing archer units because why not." Tee hee

Anywho, I still haven't gotten past the first fricking quests because I have no armored units. May as well uninstall at this point lol. Only time will tell, my next pull will be soon. Hopefully I will get one and if I do, hopefully it's an e̶f̶f̶-̶w̶a̶d̶ Effie for ultimate destruction of worlds.

48 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like how this morphed from "March Quest woes" to "discussing archer units because why not." Tee hee

Anywho, I still haven't gotten past the first fricking quests because I have no armored units. May as well uninstall at this point lol. Only time will tell, my next pull will be soon. Hopefully I will get one and if I do, hopefully it's an e̶f̶f̶-̶w̶a̶d̶ Effie for ultimate destruction of worlds.

Part of it is using what you have.  And in the case of the March quests, you either have the armored units, or you don't. . .except if you don't, there's no way to work around it.

I'm gunning for the Effie banner.  Or hoping that the Grand Hero Battles pick up a little, so Zephiel can be added to the free pool.

I've got all the Hard March Quests except the Arena Duel won taken care of.  I want to hold onto my Crests for now, but might use one tomorrow, depending on how much time I've got to play.

I've trained up Hana to mid 20's so hopefully the one requiring her won't be too much trouble.  I checked my armors and all of them have crappy IVs, except my Hector.  I wonder if he can solo that mission.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I've trained up Hana to mid 20's so hopefully the one requiring her won't be too much trouble.  I checked my armors and all of them have crappy IVs, except my Hector.  I wonder if he can solo that mission.

How usable is she, out of curiosity? I have a 4* Hana sitting at level one and I'm uncertain if she's worth training up, since I've heard bad things about her, and she's low on the tier list.

20 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

How usable is she, out of curiosity? I have a 4* Hana sitting at level one and I'm uncertain if she's worth training up, since I've heard bad things about her, and she's low on the tier list.

I trained my 4* Hana to lv 40 for the sword mastery quest. She is the glassiest of all glass cannons. Sure she can ORKO most non-blue units but she can barely take a hit from anyone. Thus, making her usable to take out only one unit. Bringing a healer might make her more useful. 

26 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

I trained my 4* Hana to lv 40 for the sword mastery quest. She is the glassiest of all glass cannons. Sure she can ORKO most non-blue units but she can barely take a hit from anyone. Thus, making her usable to take out only one unit. Bringing a healer might make her more useful. 

Pretty much this.  She's a decent nuke, but she can't take a hit for anything, so if you are trying to go for a deathless streak, there are better Sword users.  If you weren't penalized for losing units, she might be a bit more viable, since you could suicide her into units to take them out.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Pretty much this.  She's a decent nuke, but she can't take a hit for anything, so if you are trying to go for a deathless streak, there are better Sword users.  If you weren't penalized for losing units, she might be a bit more viable, since you could suicide her into units to take them out.

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

Cool, good to know. Thanks. I won't be bothering with her, then. I've never really been a fan of super glass cannons anyway. And I don't like using Hana in Fates, on a side note. Hinata and Ryoma world order!

I use Hana as my main gurl. She will beat out ALL the popular red sword users right now. SHe doubles Lucina's and Lyn's unless you got a speed bane. Deffinitely my MvP in the team after Olivia.

I know my brother takes off the life or death perk to make it a little easier or he puts it on life death 1 as opposed to life death 2 or 3.

Edited by Arcanite

12 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Does anyone know of any story levels that have a decently high number of lvl 40 cavalier units?

The level 40 story quest with the most is 8-4, at 3, but I'm not even 100% sure if those 3 cavaliers are level 40 or not. There are a few chapter 9 quests with 2, but that's not a very good cavaliers/stamina ratio.

Honestly, you're probably better off hitting the training tower and picking stratum that have a lot of physical units, or sticking to the arena. I would only start running story chapters if it's March 29 and you haven't completed the quest yet.

3 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

The level 40 story quest with the most is 8-4, at 3, but I'm not even 100% sure if those 3 cavaliers are level 40 or not. There are a few chapter 9 quests with 2, but that's not a very good cavaliers/stamina ratio.

Honestly, you're probably better off hitting the training tower and picking stratum that have a lot of physical units, or sticking to the arena. I would only start running story chapters if it's March 29 and you haven't completed the quest yet.

Thanks! Yeah I ended up just spamming 10th stratum to clear everything. I only have two Lunatic quests left bc I don't have 4 armors or a decently leveled flier.

25 minutes ago, immatx said:

How many orbs do you get from the lunatic orb mission?

5. For all three difficulty levels, there's one Orb mission, one Dueling Crest mission, one Stamina Potion mission, and one Light's Blessing mission, with the Normal one giving 1, the Hard one giving 3, and the Lunatic one giving 5, for a total of 9. The other four missions give shards, one for each color: I think the Normal shard missions give 500, the Hard ones give 1500, and the Lunatic ones give 2500. So by completing all monthly missions on all difficulty levels, you get a total of 9 of each "utility" item and 4500 of each shard.

Only 5 huh, looks like I'm only gonna get one more shot at summoning before it resets. I'm gonna be so mad if I lose an 8% chance :/

3 hours ago, immatx said:

Only 5 huh, looks like I'm only gonna get one more shot at summoning before it resets. I'm gonna be so mad if I lose an 8% chance :/

There should be another Round of Launch Celebration Missions tomorrow, that gives you another 6 total Orbs, if that helps.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There should be another Round of Launch Celebration Missions tomorrow, that gives you another 6 total Orbs, if that helps.

Oooh, actually it might! Thanks! Im going on a class trip with no technology so I didn't think I'd get enough before then, but that should get me to 20!

1 hour ago, immatx said:

Oooh, actually it might! Thanks! Im going on a class trip with no technology so I didn't think I'd get enough before then, but that should get me to 20!

Good luck, I think this Focus lasts until March 13, so if you get back before then, you should still be able to pull from this Focus.  I've actually been saving for the next group to see if it's got anybody I like, but I did end up Pulling with my current stockpile.