March quest woes.

Silith13

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like it's almost worse to have 3 armored units than just one. With one, I probably would have taken one look at this quest and decided it wasn't worth the trouble, but since I'm missing just a single unit, I'm a lot more tempted to pull for one...

I'm hoping that the daily unit rotation will change really soon, and one more armour will become available. Getting really bored of seeing the same current cycle of units over and over when I'd already unlocked them the first time 'round.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

She can stay in the corner while the big kids do the work though.

If you have her. :P

Aside from that the other quests will happen over time.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

She is in the free rotation, actually.

I''ll point to my first post and end it there.

Also, it's only the first time that you get the unit. :(

Just now, Dayni said:

I''ll point to my first post and end it there.

Also, it's only the first time that you get the unit. :(

Dismissing 1⋆ and 2⋆ units for 15 feathers combined is absolutely not worth it. Hate to be that guy, but it's entirely your fault here.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dismissing 1⋆ and 2⋆ units for 15 feathers combined is absolutely not worth it. Hate to be that guy, but it's entirely your fault here.

Don't hate it, I kinda conned on to it being my mistake by now.

I keep the highest star version of every unit I have for the sake of quests. The Felicia quest in Februari made it clear that was wise.

At least you could (have) gotten a Hana fully f2p with no luck involved.

Broly Zephiel when?

"Do X with Armored unit..."

IS: "Trololol"

This is pretty ridiculous.  Better hope you got lucky with your pulls, otherwise you are missing out on a bunch of Orbs and other goodies.  It's even worse than the "Do X with banner character" quests, because those are generally used to promote the current banner.  This is a MONTHLY quest, but many of them can't even be completed unless you got lucky.  They need to add an Armored unit to the special free character rotation ASAP.

I completed all of the February quests, even the Lunatic ones, but I can't progress past Normal tier for March because I didn't get any Armored units.  Really...?

31 minutes ago, Eselred said:

This is pretty ridiculous.  Better hope you got lucky with your pulls, otherwise you are missing out on a bunch of Orbs and other goodies.  It's even worse than the "Do X with banner character" quests, because those are generally used to promote the current banner.  This is a MONTHLY quest, but many of them can't even be completed unless you got lucky.  They need to add an Armored unit to the special free character rotation ASAP.

I completed all of the February quests, even the Lunatic ones, but I can't progress past Normal tier for March because I didn't get any Armored units.  Really...?

Well, at least Effie will be on the Ursula Focus, better hope you Pull 4 of her.

56 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I got pretty lucky by finally drawing a 4* Sheena so I could complete the Armor quests...

Not do mention, doing anything with an armored unit is a pain, considering that abysmal one movement. Some maps do nothing but sit there and mock your poor, immobile armor knight. I'm feeling like Arden all over again.

Edited by Extrasolar

20 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I got pretty lucky by finally drawing a 4* Sheena so I could complete the Armor quests...

Not do mention, doing anything with an armored unit is a pain, considering that abysmal one movement. Some maps do nothing but sit there and mock your poor, immobile armor knight. I'm feeling like Arden all over again.

But for those of us who didn't get lucky and pull an Armored unit, we literally cannot complete the quests.  This is a terrible design decision.  You're at the mercy of RNG and have no control over whether or not you can complete, or even attempt, these quests.

7 minutes ago, Eselred said:

But for those of us who didn't get lucky and pull an Armored unit, we literally cannot complete the quests.  This is a terrible design decision.  You're at the mercy of RNG and have no control over whether or not you can complete, or even attempt, these quests.

At least it's only Red Shards and not the Orb Quest.

Just now, Rezzy said:

At least it's only Red Shards and not the Orb Quest.

If you get not a single armour you cannot complete the normal quests. So you DO miss out on 8 orbs.

Just now, Silith13 said:

If you get not a single armour you cannot complete the normal quests. So you DO miss out on 8 orbs.

This.  I can't even progress to the Hard tier of quests because I don't have an Armored unit, and it's my understanding that there are some Orbs in the higher tier of quests.

9 minutes ago, Eselred said:

True. I'm not denying that. It's another incentive to get people to buy orbs, just for the chance to pull an armor knight at all, but the rest of the game is much the same.

I literally couldn't complete the harder F!Robin quest, just because I didn't have any high-resistance unit at the time. It wasn't until after the event was over that I pulled the likes of Eliwood and Jagen...

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Just now, Eselred said:

This.  I can't even progress to the Hard tier of quests because I don't have an Armored unit, and it's my understanding that there are some Orbs in the higher tier of quests.

I forgot about that one.  That does stink.  They should really add at least one Armor to the Hero Battle Rotation.  It seems like Armors are even more rare than Manaketes, which is just weird.

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

True. I'm not denying that. It's another incentive to get people to buy orbs, just for the chance to pull an armor knight at all, but the rest of the game is much the same.

I literally couldn't complete the harder F!Robin quest, just because I didn't have any high-resistance unit at the time. It wasn't until after the event was over that I pulled the likes of Eliwood and Jagen...

But you could at least attempt the Female Robin quest regardless of your luck with pulls.  I can't even attempt the harder tiers of March quests because I didn't get lucky enough to pull an Armored unit.  That is terrible design.

Edited by Eselred

It's only the illusion of being able to attempt it, though. Without an appropriate pull, trying the map is nothing but a complete waste of Stamina. The name of the banner released as the same time was even practically named to rub it in and offer a chance to have a chance if one were to cough up orbs (and possibly cash for more orbs)

I'd say the armour requirement is about on par with that banner's blatancy. The only way they could take that to the next tier would be to have a banner with 4 armours as the focus.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not arguing against it being bad design, but it's calculated bad design with a very transparent purpose. The only choices we have are to either play ball by their rules (which may involve missing out due to poor luck and/or unwillingness to pay) or go home.

22 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's only the illusion of being able to attempt it, though. Without an appropriate pull, trying the map is nothing but a complete waste of Stamina. The name of the banner released as the same time was even practically named to rub it in and offer a chance to have a chance if one were to cough up orbs (and possibly cash for more orbs)

I'd say the armour requirement is about on par with that banner's blatancy. The only way they could take that to the next tier would be to have a banner with 4 armours as the focus.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not arguing against it being bad design, but it's calculated bad design with a very transparent purpose. The only choices we have are to either play ball by their rules (which may involve missing out due to poor luck and/or unwillingness to pay) or go home.

While I don't disagree with this assessment, I completed the Hard Female Robin map using the same team I used to clear most of the story and play in Arena.  I just had to adjust my tactics accordingly.  The fact is anyone can attempt the special character missions regardless of their luck.

I literally cannot attempt the Hard/Lunatic March quests because RNG did not grant me an Armored unit.  Big difference.

You could, yes. But F!Robin's thread was full of people complaining how nothing they had could survive, even with a strong tactical approach. Granted, there's a much wider roster of what was viable there than for the armour quest, but it was still very possible to not have an appropriate roster. I know I was lucky enough to have Marth carry my team because no one else had the appropriate mixed durability or raw offense to break into the room. You also happened to be fortunate enough to have a main team who could take it on with a simple tactics change. Others were not so fortunate.

False hope really isn't any different from not being able to attempt the things in question at all. In fact, it's arguably worse, because it's just a waste of Stamina the second someone enters the map. Granted, people should know better after scouting it the first time, but it's still a fairly non-trivial amount of Stamina just for that.

With skill inheritance on the horizon, don't expect this to get any better, either.

I've only got 1 armor unit and that's a 4-star Effie (-Atk, +Res). I can do all of this month's quests aside from the one that requires 4 armor units. And getting the kills needed for the Lunatic Orbs quest is annoying - I've had awful RNG when playing through the Training Tower as hardly any cavalry units that are lv. 40 showed up and they don't always appear in the Arena either. The most practical way to go about it is to replay 8-4 on Lunatic (3 lv. 40 cavalry kills per run).

Female Robin's Hard map wasn't bad to my main team unlike Narcian's Hard map since my main team cleared it rather easily despite Lissa almost dying from tanking the blue mage's attack while Lyn shredded the team. Meanwhile on Narcian's map, Lyn is hard-countered by the mounted blue mage and Narcian basically destroys the rest of my main team.

Edited by Roflolxp54