Voting Gauntlet strategy.

Silith13

Just some preperation here. It seems it's going to be a tournament to see which lord is the best. The candidates for the first round are.

Alphonse vs Chrom
Ephraim vs Leo
Sharena vs Lucina
Eirika vs Elise

5 Reds.
2 Blues.
1 Grey.

The fights are 3 on 3 where your team is made of.

- The first unit on your leftmost team.
- The first unit on the leftmost team of one of your friends.
- The first unit on the leftmost team of someone supporting the same lord.

But it seems that having the same character as the herro who you are supporting will give you a voting boost. Realisticly speaking this means that a lot of people will pick one of the lords for their team and it'll be only logical to see lots of 3 Sharena's vs 3 Lucina's

Since there are no green units it would seem logically that the blue units have the upper hand and there are going to be more people with a Sharena then an Ephraim.

So I want to suggest we en masse join team Sharena! And hope we don't run into too many people countering with a Green Unit.

I kind-of don't have a choice ATM.

I really like Virion as my emissary - he's an unexpected unit, to say the least.  Not sure if it's worth it to switch him out for Olivia, though - the extra actions will help!

Hmm. I don't have any of these folks save the Askr sibs (who I haven't bothered to upgrade), so unfortunately it looks like I'm missing out on any voting bonuses there.

TBH I'll probably be going Team Ephraim since I tend to obey my favorites over what's practical / will win lol. Gonna likely go with Robin 4* as my rep during the first round against Leo (maybe Marth 5* since he's overall just a better unit), then Kagero 4* for the rounds thereafter since she has effectiveness on the rest of them (depending on how long Elise lasts)...

I was inclined on believing the bonus will only count one copy of your chosen hero-like the arena. In which case I'm going to have fun picking from the variety of 5*'s I don't have. If that's how it works, I might temporarily/permanently set Nino or Ephraim as my leader to help people out. Or maybe I'll leave Lucina there even though it won't be my team.  

6 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

I was inclined on believing the bonus will only count one copy of your chosen hero-like the arena. In which case I'm going to have fun picking from the variety of 5*'s I don't have. If that's how it works, I might temporarily/permanently set Nino or Ephraim as my leader to help people out. Or maybe I'll leave Lucina there even though it won't be my team.  

Why Nino?

Also the way they worded it (They said your team will be created ' automatically' from the outlined guidelines) seems to imply we may not have a choice in which friend's hero we are using for that match. (Although obviously, you can simply friend people that all have the same lead unit to skewer the probability in your favor)

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Why Nino?

Also the way they worded it (They said your team will be created ' automatically' from the outlined guidelines) seems to imply we may not have a choice in which friends we can pick. (Although obviously, you can simply friend people that all have the same lead unit to skewer the probability in your favor)

Because I don't have a ton in terms of viable units to lend out. My only blue mage is Odin x2 and Tharja has been left at 4* for now. Also good point on the selection being random, but there are still a lot of 5*'s I don't have but would love to take for a test drive. I can already see this being really fun or really irritating depending on the units you get stuck with. 

22 minutes ago, Locked Apple said:

Because I don't have a ton in terms of viable units to lend out. My only blue mage is Odin x2 and Tharja has been left at 4* for now. Also good point on the selection being random, but there are still a lot of 5*'s I don't have but would love to take for a test drive. I can already see this being really fun or really irritating depending on the units you get stuck with. 

Ah, I see your point. Yeah, this does seem like a pretty interesting opportunity to test out some heroes which one doesn't have yet. I'll probably default to Team Lucina since she seems like the overwhelming favorite to win, and also because I happen to have Lucina (Sadly -ATK+DEF) myself which will probably help me get more rewards via that vote-boosting thing. I have a few viable 5*s [ (-HP+SPD) Tiki, Nowi, Jeorge (+ATK-DEF) Kagero and Takumi ] that I could probably hand out, but those were all from the initial focus summon and I kinda did want to try some of the newer heroes that were released. 

On a side-note, while Lucina is clearly the favorite here in terms of sheer popularity, I *can* kind of see her losing since you need to murder your opponents to vote and a lot of the teams will have 1-2 Lucina's versus 1-2 Sharena's in all likelihood. The Sharena teams would indeed hold a strong advantage here... I highly suspect whoever wins in the first round here (Lucina and Sharena face off immediately in the Round 1) is going home as the ultimate winner.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

And Sharenas stabbing Lucinas like no tomorrow.

Well, I have Lucina myself, but maybe I should bring Hector over against those Sharena...

Seriously, if most people will take advantage of the voting bonus, has no one thought to bring an unit with advantage against the enemy "leader"?

Edited by Vier Mill

15 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

Well, I have Lucina myself, but maybe I should bring Hector over against those Sharena...

Seriously, if most people will take advantage of the voting bonus, has no one thought to bring an unit with advantage against the enemy "leader"?

I'm pretty sure many are aware of the issue. The problem is, it's heavily implied that only one of your units can be chosen by you. The other two will supposedly be randomized from your Friend's List as well as Faction. If this really is the case, then in order to take advantage of the voting bonus with certainty, the only Hero you have a choice over is going to inevitably have to be the same as your faction's mascot. (Not to mention, it's kind of suggested the voting bonus won't count if the faction mascot is from your friend or the random stranger) In addition, you need at least 10 friends to maximize the friend bonus thing, so while you could technically wipe your friend's list of all but a select few, it'll deprive you of some voting points in the process. Hence it's kind of hard to control your team and bring in a counter even if that's the obvious course of action.

Of course, I could be prematurely assuming things wrong, and maybe the system is way more flexible. Still, I'm sure everyone on Team Lucina will try to bring in Hectors once it becomes clear they need him to wreck Sharena. (Team Sharena will probably bring in Roy later in response to that)

Freddy's going to do battle for Ephraim over here! GO EPHRAIM.

Sorry, I love Sharena, I really do, and I love Elise too, but Ephraim man. <3

Fuck Lucina. :P

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy's going to do battle for Ephraim over here! GO EPHRAIM.

Sorry, I love Sharena, I really do, and I love Elise too, but Ephraim man. <3

Fuck Lucina. :P

Do you have one in your friend list already? My list is all randoms so my team comps will be all over. 

Just now, Locked Apple said:

Do you have one in your friend list already? My list is all randoms so my team comps will be all over. 

Do I have one what?

Shareena has a lot of potential. I have 2 Nowi friends and 2 Effie friends as well which will help against the red ones. What we need to do is put our leader as Shareena or Ephraim and add everyone on here who has one. We could even technically delete all of our friends and only have 10 peoole who has Ephraim or Shareena. I'm assuming everyone here is also against anyone who is red. I say down with them! Show em who's boss! For Anna!

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

It feels like I'm being surrounded by Ephraim and Sharena cultists here. Lucina is pretty much becoming the dark horse candidate at this rate...

Considering I have a 5* lv40+2 Lucina, I'll probably be voting for her. And this thread is just a tiny segment of the playerbase. Chances are Lucina will be the most popular one overall.

Yep, Anna would definitely like a more blue meta :D::P:

But I'm wondering... team leaders are on the defense team (which I don't want to change much too much). I haven't been able to tell yet if the character of a friend changes when they change their team leader :wacko: (I'm supposing yes).

It seems the time to enter tediously long friend codes, Nintendo style, has returned :>_<:

I'm want to join the Lance cult as well :D: (go Sharena, fight for Anna. Go Ephraim, fight for Lyon as if there had been no betrayal)

Alright, I don't understand what the fuck's going on here. I'm just going to put my Eirika in front and hope things turn out for the best.

Are there more benefits aligning with a character that you already have or aligning with whoever is most likely to win (Lucina) I skimmed the info so I barely know what's happening lol