Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I think a bit of the fear that "everyone will jump on the winning team that is Lucina" is a bit overblown. You can only see your own fights score unless you are checking out some place like this, and most causal players won't be. The Team Sharena's that want to win might switch to Lucina (unless they are salty and going to others), but most people from team Leo/Alphonse/Elise won't actually know about how much of a landslide Lucina is winning with.

I mean, I still think Lucina will win from sheer popularity what with the polls and all, but I don't think she'll get that many more supporters just because she has a good score. 

The main "concern" is probably here: even amongst Alfonse/Sharena/Elise/Leo supporters, many do like Lucina to some extent. Her being on a winning streak is a plus, but at the end of this round, they will know the results of every team so it might be the same as if they knew it all along, right? 

Just notice that next round is SS vs Awakening. That's going to be fun! Going to root for the twins! SS definitively deserves more love and recognition.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth noting that picking a less popular team lets you get a better team ranking, which could yield more than 500 feathers.

57 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I think a bit of the fear that "everyone will jump on the winning team that is Lucina" is a bit overblown. You can only see your own fights score unless you are checking out some place like this, and most causal players won't be. The Team Sharena's that want to win might switch to Lucina (unless they are salty and going to others), but most people from team Leo/Alphonse/Elise won't actually know about how much of a landslide Lucina is winning with.

We have Internet. Anyone who's curious about how the other teams are doing could probably just figure it out with google.

49 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

The hatedom for Awakening and Lucina is quite large, I won't be surprised if they just rallied behind Sharena just purely out of spite for Lucina and 3DS FE game. Truly, Serenes Forest might be the only place we Awakening fans can seek refuge (though I doubt we're seem that much better anyway).

If the hatedom for Awakening is really that large, they could've rallied behind Alfonse against Chrom instead. Also, let's not get into this mindset of "my favorite game is more persecuted" here. I've seen fans of the older games and fans of the newer games be assholes against each other, it's not a one-sided thing.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's worth noting that picking a less popular team lets you get a better team ranking, which could yield more than 500 feathers.

Yep, my flag strategies have also been about trying for a lot of feathers over trying to make anybody I like win. Spending just enough flags to hit the 5-10k army rank reward seemed best to me and should leave me with enough to do the same for round 2. If Ephraim were actually going to lose I'd probably try to jump ship to the least popular.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Leo and Ephraim only had a 20 million gap at first which was/is the closest matchup. Team Ephraim was able to close the gap steadily, which will make for a very salty crowd of Leos.

Yes, us Leo supporters are salty, but of all the people to lose to, I'm okay that's Ephraim.

3 hours ago, Luxian said:

Well, I hope not either. Statistically, most people who support an Awakening character are obviously already on Lucina side, so I hope we won't have to put much of a fight against Chrom (does he even have a large fanbase? I don't hear much about him these days).

How I see it is a lot of people who played Awakening also played Fates, meaning Chrom and Lucina may get some of the Leo and Elise's that were left.  Chrom does have a fan base, mainly those people who either A. married him in awakening(and let's face it, it was probably one of the pairs most shipped) or B. was on his side because of him losing a place in Smash, though it seems he will be getting his chance in Warriors.  I know I will personally go and support my Awakening husband in the next match, though if he loses I will just help out Ephraim.  

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lucina passed 3B :D

This made me think of Baseball.

Might go with Eirika next round.  I'll probably lose again, but oh well.

1 hour ago, lysander said:

Yep, my flag strategies have also been about trying for a lot of feathers over trying to make anybody I like win. Spending just enough flags to hit the 5-10k army rank reward seemed best to me and should leave me with enough to do the same for round 2. If Ephraim were actually going to lose I'd probably try to jump ship to the least popular.

I'm honestly still on the fence about how to spend flags. Part of me wants to just spam flags to get into higher ranks for the feathers, but a small, optimistic part of me wants to believe Ephraim has a legitimate chance of winning. I'd be pretty upset if I ended up spending all my flags for feathers only for him to barely lose. 

Do we have an update on total votes?  Did we pass 10 Billion already?  Leo v Ephraim is 2.5 Billion by itself.  Maybe they'll keep upping the rewards, if we keep passing the goals.  Don't we still have like a week left?

Edited by Rezzy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do we have an update on total votes?  Did we pass 10 Billion already?  Leo v Ephraim is 2.5 Billion by itself.  Maybe they'll keep upping the rewards, if we keep passing the goals.  Don't we still have like a week left?

Yes, we passed 10bill a couple hours ago

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sharena v. Lucina is 5.7 billion by itself.

So, that's 8.2 Billion right there.  I think it's safe to say, we've probably smashed the 10 Billion goal.  I wonder if they'll give another stretch goal.  I wonder how many people have conserved Flags.  I've spent most of mine, but still got a couple Flag Quests to go.

On 07/03/2017 at 6:04 PM, Raven said:

"

If it's Ephraim vs Lucina in the finals, you can bet I'll be backing him all the way.

Next round is gonna be a tough one. Ephraim X Chrom, if Ephraim manages to beat him there will be hope. I bet it's gonna be a close call.

So the first round alone gets us over the 10 Billion mark.  Looks like the next round begins early tomorrow morning.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, that's 8.2 Billion right there.  I think it's safe to say, we've probably smashed the 10 Billion goal.  I wonder if they'll give another stretch goal.  I wonder how many people have conserved Flags.  I've spent most of mine, but still got a couple Flag Quests to go.

Like I said once before, if they increase the reward, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. What would they increase it to, 25 billion? Would that give us 50 orbs?

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Like I said once before, if they increase the reward, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff. What would they increase it to, 25 billion? Would that give us 50 orbs?

Don't you already owe us a bungee jump from the first increase?

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't you already owe us a bungee jump from the first increase?

Did it already but forgot to take a picture. I'll make sure I bring evidence next time, if there is a next time ;)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Did it already but forgot to take a picture. I'll make sure I bring evidence next time, if there is a next time ;)

No evidence.zip? I'm afraid you'll have to do it again...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

It'll be interesting if they release the number of players who supported each at the end of the round. I'm wondering if Lucina vs. Sharena is just everybody spending their feathers to try to keep or gain a lead or if that many more players chose one of the two that they wouldn't even need to spend to reach those numbers.

Was about to wonder about alt account spam too, but guess the 10 friend thing is Nintendo's solution on that. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to detect any quick routine that worked obtaining the 10 friends into it as well, like having all of your alts friend the same 10 other alt accounts every time.

Ooooh man what did I miss. Voting Gauntlet. Huh. Nifty. This is a fun little mode. Even though it is heavily decided by fan bias. :o)

I wonder which character I will support... Hmm... Gee, let me think.

3 minutes ago, FangXV said:

Ooooh man what did I miss. Voting Gauntlet. Huh. Nifty. This is a fun little mode. Even though it is heavily decided by fan bias. :o)

Well, you have about an hour, if you want to join Round 1.  Team Leo could always use more.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, you have about an hour, if you want to join Round 1.  Team Leo could always use more.

Haha, it was more of a joke aimed at my avatar, but I'll be sure to throw in some flags on Leo's side just because you asked. :^_^:

18 minutes ago, FangXV said:

Sure hope it isn't team Lucina