Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

I've been trying to help Ephraim, but the battles are screwing me over lately. I had three green units against three reds in my most recent one! That is messed up. And don't say "well don't use green units" because I can't control who the other two are and I had a loooong winning streak with Frederick before I lost a few in a row due to getting huge disadvantages...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've been trying to help Ephraim, but the battles are screwing me over lately. I had three green units against three reds in my most recent one! That is messed up. And don't say "well don't use green units" because I can't control who the other two are and I had a loooong winning streak with Frederick before I lost a few in a row due to getting huge disadvantages...

You can use light's blessings in these battles. Hope you've been spending your flags like the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I completely understand the feeling!  I eventually just took my Camilla out to get the bonus with Chrom as the leader.  It honestly is frustrating with all of the reds and awkward teams, not being able to choose, and I had to worry about the countless Takumis, it just wasn't working

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You can use light's blessings in these battles. Hope you've been spending your flags like the rest of us.

I'm not wasting those on these battles. They're better used in more important ones. I have no flags left.

I'm not wasting those on these battles. They're better used in more important ones. I have no flags left.

Those are the ones you use when you are on level 9-5 Lunatic mode with one more person to kill at 1 HP, I've been in that situation without them it sucks.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Those are the ones you use when you are on level 9-5 Lunatic mode with one more person to kill at 1 HP, I've been in that situation without them it sucks.

Yeah, exactly. I use them only if I really really need to.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can understand. We still appreciate all your help though, don't let some defeats discourage you!

Spoiler

Comment deleted to prevent further arguments 

Edited by Korath88

I can understand. We still appreciate all your help though, don't let some defeats discourage you!

Hide contents

For the sake of the fans, don't let it be an Awakening final, that would piss off literally every elitist in the fandom

Oh, true that.

Personally, I don't like elitists, so I don't care if they're happy or not. But at the same time, I also don't like rabid Awakening fanboys and fangirls who crap on the older titles. The only reason I'm team Ephraim is because he's my favorite character in this gauntlet and the reason I'd love for Chrom and Lucina to lose is because I think they're terrible characters.

Edited by Anacybele

Hide contents

For the sake of the fans, don't let it be an Awakening final, that would piss off literally every elitist in the fandom

That sounds all positive to me tbh, FE elitists are the worst, and I'm not even crazy into Awakening lmao

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's really just the luck of the draw. i think I've been pretty lucky with my match-ups, but then I end up having to fight 3 Takumis at once, and my poor Robin can only take so much. It's a pretty annoying flaw, but I think they compensated for the RNG by allowing you to fight every 30 minutes. But even if they let you pick your teams, it'd be a really difficult fight because you still can't predict what's going to pop up.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Hide contents

the elitists are always angry and pissed off

Oh, true that.

Personally, I don't like elitists, so I don't care if they're happy or not. But at the same time, I don't like rabid Awakening fanboys and fangirls who crap on the older titles. The only reason I'm team Ephraim is because he's my favorite character in this gauntlet and the reason I'd love for Chrom and Lucina to lose is because I think they're terrible characters.

I personally wish that an Awakening character winning would knock the elitists down a peg, but it won't.  Yes I started with Awakening, but I went and played the old Fire Emblem games that I could.  Ephraim is really cool, and i love his character, but Chrom started it all for me and made the game something extra with Chrobin, adding a whole new depth to a videogame that I had never seen before.  Yes Lucina is my daughter, but her actual character is bland and Chrom's is too to an extent, but his story helped me actually like Fire Emblem past smash bros, so that's where my vote goes.  Sorry Ephraim!

No. We are not having this conversation about "elitists" and "Awakening" and "old FE" again in here thankyouverymuch. Change topic.

So, how many flags do people have left?

The elitists aren't going to be happy whether Ephriam wins or loses. An Awakening character will be there nonetheless, judging by the reported situation with Eirika. ANYWAY. I have 195 left. 

Edited by InigoPadalin

Just now, Sunwoo said:

No. We are not having this conversation about "elitists" and "Awakening" and "old FE" again in here thankyouverymuch. Change topic.

Actually, that's probably a good idea...

I don't have any. xP I blew them all on the last round because my main focus was getting feathers. I'm SO close to 20000 now.

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I personally wish that an Awakening character winning would knock the elitists down a peg, but it won't.  Yes I started with Awakening, but I went and played the old Fire Emblem games that I could.  Ephraim is really cool, and i love his character, but Chrom started it all for me and made the game something extra with Chrobin, adding a whole new depth to a videogame that I had never seen before.  Yes Lucina is my daughter, but her actual character is bland and Chrom's is too to an extent, but his story helped me actually like Fire Emblem past smash bros, so that's where my vote goes.  Sorry Ephraim!

My first FE experience was a side by side playthrough of FEA and FE7. Guess which one I liked more?

I'm not really into this waifu/husbando thing, I'm just here to support my favourite characters, so I really hope my team can pull through.

(yeah, shouldn't have brought that topic up, my bad)

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Was about to post the same thing. Stop this nonsense that keeps segregating the fanbase.

I'm supper happy because a lv. 40+1 Cecilia has battled with me on every battle, which helps me one rounding Ephraims.

Given the stiff competition between Ephraim and Chrom (while extremely enjoyable to watch and participate in, Ephraim really knows how to put on a show!), I think the chances of anyone winning against Lucina is dwindling rapidly. I still got 500 flags in reserve, but I may need to spend 100 to give Ephraim a nudge since the fight with Chrom is really close.

Chrom supporters are burning flags to beat Ephraim while Ephraim supporters are using up flags to stay in the lead. Overall, this is a loss of the precious "Flag Reserves" and with the "Winning Team Lucina" looking more and more desirable, I don't have high hopes for Ephraim against Lucina. Nevertheless, I will keep fighting, to the bitter end. If Ephraim shall fall, then we will take Lucina down with us!
"Morale is fading for Ephraim's Army. While the battle against Leo went well, this new adversary by the name of Chrom is putting up a fierce fight. Chrom leads his faithful Shepherds into battle, and while initial reports downplayed his strength when he fought against Alfonse, the battle against Chrom is taking up more resources than originally anticipated.

The tacticians of Ephraim's Army have sought to keep their flags in reserve, but Chrom has a master tactician of his own. The current intel suggests Chrom may be attempting to slow Ephraim's momentum in order to give his daughter, Lucina, a better chance at winning. However, there are also conflicting reports that Chrom himself wishes to take on Lucina and show her that this exhibition is his chance at ultimate victory. Either way, things are looking grim for Ephraim and his followers.

Reports coming in from Ephraim's twin sister, Erika, are not promising. Lucina leads a massive army, henceforth named Lucina's Legion, and is annihilating Erika's Army like she did with Sharena's. Further reports indicate that the remaining soldiers may end up rallying to Lucina's cause to be on the winning side, even though there are resistance groups who wish to join up with Ephraim or Chrom.

Only time will tell what fate has in store. While Ephraim may have strong supporters and a solid army, his numbers pale in comparison to Lucina's Legion. The future looks bright and promising for Lucina while Ephraim's sun may be setting. Still, only time will tell if there will be a disruption among current expectations..."

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I'm supper happy because a lv. 40+1 Cecilia has battled with me on every battle, which helps me one rounding Ephraims.

Sounds like you may have someone on your friends list who is on the same team as you. Unless a lot of random people just have a level 40+1 Cecilia.

I blew the last of my flags just a while ago. I think I used more flags than I realized on Alfonse, but I got a really good ranking out of it (and his army was probably the smallest too). Definitely not a waste of flags, lol.

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

"Morale is fading for Ephraim's Army. While the battle against Leo went well, this new adversary by the name of Chrom is putting up a fierce fight. Chrom leads his faithful Shepherds into battle, and while initial reports downplayed his strength when he fought against Alfonse, the battle against Chrom is taking up more resources than originally anticipated.

The tacticians of Ephraim's Army have sought to keep their flags in reserve, but Chrom has a master tactician of his own. The current intel suggests Chrom may be attempting to slow Ephraim's momentum in order to give his daughter, Lucina, a better chance at winning. However, there are also conflicting reports that Chrom himself wishes to take on Lucina and show her that this exhibition is his chance at ultimate victory. Either way, things are looking grim for Ephraim and his followers.

Reports coming in from Ephraim's twin sister, Erika, are not promising. Lucina leads a massive army, henceforth named Lucina's Legion, and is annihilating Erika's Army like she did with Sharena's. Further reports indicate that the remaining soldiers may end up rallying to Lucina's cause to be on the winning side, even though there are resistance groups who wish to join up with Ephraim or Chrom.

Only time will tell what fate has in store. While Ephraim may have strong supporters and a solid army, his numbers pale in comparison to Lucina's Legion. The future looks bright and promising for Lucina while Ephraim's sun may be setting. Still, only time will tell if there will be a disruption among current expectations..."

This is great! It just made my day so much better!

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Enjoying Awakening and most importantly having fun at the end of the day is the best F-U to them. Be polite, don't be like them, turn the other cheek, shallow the craps that antis are BSing, ignore them, and remember that this just a video game. You not doing anything wrong for liking Awakening or playing the way you enjoyed.

Be positive, spread the message of Church of Lucina. 

Advices from a old fan turned casual and husband of best girl Lucina. 

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Given the stiff competition between Ephraim and Chrom (while extremely enjoyable to watch and participate in, Ephraim really knows how to put on a show!), I think the chances of anyone winning against Lucina is dwindling rapidly. I still got 500 flags in reserve, but I may need to spend 100 to give Ephraim a nudge since the fight with Chrom is really close.

Chrom supporters are burning flags to beat Ephraim while Ephraim supporters are using up flags to stay in the lead. Overall, this is a loss of the precious "Flag Reserves" and with the "Winning Team Lucina" looking more and more desirable, I don't have high hopes for Ephraim against Lucina. Nevertheless, I will keep fighting, to the bitter end. If Ephraim shall fall, then we will take Lucina down with us!

Fight of the century right here. It's really hard to tell who's going to win in the end. Imagine the hype if this was the finals.