Training Tower Quest Woes

Falcom

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

Along with what Ice Dragon said, you might want a positioning skill onto Sheena or Draug if they're not seeing much combat. I was not fortunate enough to get dupes of offensive Specials or Silver Swords and had to make Draug a Reposition/aura bot of some kind. You might have an ideal enemy team comp but their insufferable 1 movement can get you killed without some way of moving them quicker.

Two Gwendolyn's can Drag Back someone to death. That's the strat I did.

Okay, got it. There is an extra Donnel with drag back in my roster, along with an extra Cherche with pivot. Drag back would be a better option I'm guessing?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, got it. There is an extra Donnel with drag back in my roster, along with an extra Cherche with pivot. Drag back would be a better option I'm guessing?

Gwendolyn has Drag Back by default.

Pivot is nice, but I prefer Swap on an all-armor team because you can use it regardless of the terrain, whereas other mobility skills require an open space in the correct direction to use. Swap works better in confined spaces where armor teams are more likely to be at a disadvantage due to needing to travel single file. Pivot is the next best option, though, since confined spaces tend to be straight corridors.

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

Figured... if you remove Brave. he actually excel a little better.

But yeahhhh rip.

Yeah, I tossed him Silver Sword from an extra 3* Laslow and had him learn it instead of Brave and he was able to do fine. Although Gwendy and Hector helped his damage output a lot with their support skills.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Donnel has Drag Back--the dragging enemy back skill. I think you were thinking Draw Back--the ally dragging back skill. If not, I apologize. Gwendolyn already has Drag Back hence my mention of the strategy.

I'm thinking more Pivot actually. This lets you move a favorable unit in front and I think would be better in narrower areas. However, if you have Swap, that I think is best. It doesn't require an extra open space like the others do. If you don't have dupes of Swap, though, just having any position skill will greatly help you.

Edited by Dual Dragons

In the "trying to pull Minerva" debacle, I recently pulled two solid armors, Draug and Wendy Gwendolyn at 4*, so now I'm training them to make an armor squad along with Effie and Sheena which I previously had.

I just started putting them all together in a team to continue sloooooowwwwwwly training them.

They’re about level 32-34

They need movement assist skills badly, but i don’t want to waste them on them. They don’t have the PA yet to learn them anyway.

sooooo slowly

What are good 10th Stratum Matchup do you tackle with your Cav/Flier/Armor team.

I figure Armor => avoid magic, Flier => avoid archer.
What if its something like... Ninja/Archer/MageR/MageB

Edited by Ryuke

27 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

What are good 10th Stratum Matchup do you tackle with your Cav/Flier/Armor team.

I avoided enemies I couldn't ensure a substantial advantage against. Even a single dagger or bow user could often completely derail a flier or cavalry, and I learned to avoid them. I also avoided axes with my flier team because neither Caeda nor Narcian could reliably damage them at any reasonable rate, and avoided blues with my cavalry team because it didn't have any greens, but that's more about specific team composition. My armor team wasn't too concerned about what the enemies were using: too much magic could be a problem, but due to having Hector and a ton of buffs, there weren't any individual enemies I feared too much: even enemies that could do a lot of damage with magic or an effective weapon were often manageable unless movement or other enemies were an issue.

Edited by Othin

28 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Armor = Sword/Dagger
Cav = Reds
Flier = Blues

If it's too mixed, I pass. In the case of Armor, I sometimes avoided really good match-ups because there just happened to be one magic. Even sometimes Red Magic was bad for them since they had to battle other people first on top of getting lobbed by fireballs. And staves could be just as bad for them.

On 16/3/2017 at 10:27 AM, Falcom said:

C7BaWRKWgAAkb1C.jpg

You've got to be kidding me... Let me get this straight...
-Four Armors
-Four Cavaliers
-And Four Fliers

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong.

Let alone the fact of getting them to a competent level

and

15 fucking times each

I've used a few Light Blessing's, since I've done so much to complete this quest that I feel I can't let myself give up now. 

8/15 on the armour quest so far. I have enough points for ten more Light Blessing's, so I plan to pick my maps carefully and if I just miss out on beating one, use it and then win. That's the current strategy. Not the best one, but honestly, I need to sort out what to do with my Draugs. They're the ones that keep dying. I need to give more swap/pivot skills, too, but with all characters now at 40, it's going to be a slog... 

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I need to give more swap/pivot skills, too, but with all characters now at 40, it's going to be a slog... 

Ugh, yeah. At the point when I actually finished the armor quests, Gwendolyn was still 12 SP short of learning Swap (and Draug was 42 SP short).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh, yeah. At the point when I actually finished the armor quests, Gwendolyn was still 12 SP short of learning Swap (and Draug was 42 SP short).

When I got Sheena, I levelled up her weapon, then gave her that shield thing (seriously, all the characters I've been against have had some form of knight slayer recently - it was literally killing my Gwendolyn every time), and then went for her armour things, before finally getting Swap. She was level 37 before I could give her swap, and only then did I start. She still hasn't learnt pavise, or whatever that's called. I'd love all of mine to have swap, and I do have the units for it, but I don't want to waste swap on units that will never learn it >.< Regretting wasting Gwendolyn's exp on an armourslayer, but at the time, I didn't have Sheena and I really wanted to complete that last Lunatic mission. It kept ending with her and the lance armour poking each other for 0 damage, and none of my Draugs could do anything either xD 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Any tips on positioning with four Armored units? Or do I just have to suck it up and get Swaps for everyone?

I did it with Pivot Hector as my only unit with a movement skill, but having Hector at all was already a huge help. I'd say it's best to get whatever movement skills you can, but you'll probably be able to manage without a full set. Pivot is the best, but Swap and Draw Back also seem fine, and I was working on teaching Shove to one of my Gwendys because at least it's something but I finished the quest before ever getting to use it. In my experience, sometimes it can go wrong, but you can minimize those times with more movement skills.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Any tips on positioning with four Armored units? Or do I just have to suck it up and get Swaps for everyone?

Bulkiest on the right, second bulkiest on the left. This helps if the map starts you in a corridor and you can't change your units' order. The other two go in whichever order would give the best buff coverage.

Okay! Cleared the cavalry quest just now. All that's left is the armors. I don't even know if I can do it, but I gave my Draug swap from an extra Stahl. Still have to train them too. Wish me luck, ugh.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay! Cleared the cavalry quest just now. All that's left is the armors. I don't even know if I can do it, but I gave my Draug swap from an extra Stahl. Still have to train them too. Wish me luck, ugh.

*sends luck*

You're going to need it. Hope you don't fall into a raging fit like I did.

I think I'm going to fail the armour quest. I'm so freakin' close 10/15 but no Light's Blessings left and I haven't been able to get a deathless run for two days now v.v

I didn't realise the Light Blessings given by Nintendo Rewards went up to a maximum of three. So sad about that. And I accidentally wasted one by using it and then making such a dumb move. Gah.

Oh well, a few more days left to keep trying -.- I've come so far...

Finally beat my first tenth stratum map with no deaths from the armours. Just four more to go... four more...

If it gets to the final one, I can happily use an orb if I need to, since I get three back...

10/15 fliers atm with 5⋆ Catria, 4⋆ Michalis, 3⋆ Narcian and Subaki. It's tedious.
Narcian and Subaki don't deal much damage against non-blue/non-red respectively, Mike is slow, and Catria can't do everything.
Greens are the most horrifying enemies with this team.