Favorite and Worst characters

Favorites when I was playing were Clair, Mae, Luka, Saber, Atlas and Kamui. Mostly just because I liked their basic looks and how they did in gameplay be it memewise or what have you, Atlas has 16 str for a Villager, doesn't have like anything else but THAT MUSCLE. 

Never been a fan of Boey, he's kind of lame compared to every other magic user in the game, also generally mercenary is a really good choice for most villagers, but you can argue mage for a few, and maybe cav sometimes (Cavaliers aren't actually all that good in Gaiden, the prepromote Paladins are though).

The only ones who will be able to reclass are Alm's friends (Tobin, Grey, Cliff and new girl Faye) and that one guy who shows up later on for Celica (unless a new one gets announced) in the Villager class. And as for what classes work for which one, that might change for the remake, but Mercenary works for all of them, Mage works for Cliff in particular but roll with whatever you want to try.

As for favourites, mine were Grey, Cliff, Silk, Matilda, Dyute, Zeke and Teeta under Alm and the Whitewings, Jenny, Sonia, Jessy and Kamui under Celica.

Python is my favorite Alm-side unit, for whatever reason. I think it might've been how he looks in his portrait in-game? From his map sprite, it seems like his hair color/style is still the same, so that's a good sign. I don't mind the Villagers either, and they look cool in Echoes, so they may end up becoming favorites on mine. I like pretty much all units on Celica's side, most notably Valbar, Leon, Kamui, and Saber. Valbar and Leon's bromance is something I hope gets a big part in Echoes, and from the sounds of Leon's lines on the website, it might just be.

Archers, I find, ironically have a terrible time actually trying to hit enemies. It seems like no matter how high their accuracy looks, they never land their shots, even when I unequip their bows and let them go barebones. Peagasus Knights, Mages and Mercenaries are definitely the best units in the game though. And Sisters armed with Moon Spears. 100% hit rate Nosferatu is ridiculous.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95
I forgot to add something

i used to like alm because his armor had a dick part but the remake removed that so now I guess my favorite is boey because his name sounds like bowie

the worst characters on each side are probably robin and boey

Edited by unique

5 hours ago, unique said:

i used to like alm because his armor had a dick part but the remake removed that so now I guess my favorite is boey because his name sounds like bowie

the worst characters on each side are probably robin and boey

Basically this...

Valbar too but now he's just chin.

The Whitewings and Kliff were my favourite to use and were objectively the best characters in the game. Though, as you can see, I'm also a big Mae fan too, even if both Celica and Sonya outclassed her.

As for least favourite, Tobin since he never would turn out good, even when I went Mercenary with him, he would fall behind. Also Boey. I mean even the game references how bad he is. Much like Tobin he never turned out good and he as outclassed by the other female mages in your army and there was no point in using him. Then there is Clive. Not a bad unit per say, but you get three other Cavaliers on Alm's route, all of which are better so he's just meh.

Favorites are Dyute the Nuke (or Dyute Nukem), Mathilda, the Whitewings (Catria > Est > Palla), and obvs Kliff because they were amazing units.

Zeke and Teeta are great as well (even if Zeke didn't saw a lot of use).

Sonja as well. Her character was potentially really interresting (a main Villain's daughter), so I can't helped be hyped about her reveal.

Alm and Cellica are obvious, but once again.

Least favorite are the Soldier Line, since they didn't seem really interresting units , and Clive who, as it was said, is completely destroyed by all the other

12 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Python is my favorite Alm-side unit, for whatever reason. I think it might've been how he looks in his portrait in-game? From his map sprite, it seems like his hair color/style is still the same, so that's a good sign. I don't mind the Villagers either, and they look cool in Echoes, so they may end up becoming favorites on mine. I like pretty much all units on Celica's side, most notably Valbar, Leon, Kamui, and Saber. Valbar and Leon's bromance is something I hope gets a big part in Echoes, and from the sounds of Leon's lines on the website, it might just be.

Archers, I find, ironically have a terrible time actually trying to hit enemies. It seems like no matter how high their accuracy looks, they never land their shots, even when I unequip their bows and let them go barebones. Peagasus Knights, Mages and Mercenaries are definitely the best units in the game though. And Sisters armed with Moon Spears. 100% hit rate Nosferatu is ridiculous.

Weird for me if those are the best units. I think I like Leon now.

2 hours ago, unique said:

wasn't he always chin?

jSuDNVs.png

Chin was always a part of the package but he also had phallic armor like Alm. Now he's just chin. I feel shortchanged in a way.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Chin was always a part of the package but he also had phallic armor like Alm. Now he's just chin. I feel shortchanged in a way.

But did we really need the phallic armor to make a return?

I'm always big on trainee/villager types, so I immediately used the villagers.  Tobin was my least favorite of them.  Faye might also be less favored as a character if she winds up a Catria/Cordelia 2.0 as far as her relationship to Alm goes, but I'm sure they'll make her useful in some way so I'll probably wind up using her a lot.  Alm and Celica were obviously very useful.  Saber is just fun because you find him drunk, slurring his words when you recruit him.  And though they always lost HP when they healed units, the clerics were still very useful.  And though I never got to the point where you recruit them, I just know that all the Whitewing sisters are useful because that's how they've always been.  Five Wyvern Lords isn't too much in Shadow Dragon, is it?

Archers...  They might have really good range, but I think I remember having trouble hitting foes with them.

@Chin Discussion,

Phallic armor would be ideal, but that chin is almost enough to make the Crimson Chin cry, so I think that's all that's really necessary.  Though really, everyone should have phallic armor.  Those bows may be inaccurate, but when they hit, they sting hard.

From Alm's side I'll have to say Lukas, the villagers (minus Tobin), Python,  Silque. As for least favorites Clair was too squishy and didn't have as much kill power as I felt I needed aside from monsters, Dyute was cool but Kliff mage was a God by then and the same could be said of her brother.

From Celica's side, Palla and Catria are a great boon especially due to those horrible desert maps, Saber, Valbar and Leon were pretty amazing as a whole too.  Can't say I have a least favorite from this batch.

I got extremely lucky with Leon's growths in Gaiden and since he had the Angel Ring at times and gained an almost perfect level ups so he's probably the odd one out.

Edited by Raguna