Who are you promoting to 5* next?

Falcom

Just a fun little question. For me...

1. Jeorge (Need mah Parthia)
2. Reinhardt (Need mah Dire Thunder)
3. Barst (I have no regrets. Love this guy and his artwork)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll figure it out when I have 20,000 feathers.Ā  It will be heavily determined by my next four pulls, though!Ā  Will be a blue or green unit, since I have zero 5* of those colors right now!

I'm hesitating and waffling about as usual. I could promote Anna to make the arena easier (and to have a solid axe unit). I could promote Nino because Nino is awesome. I could promote Corrin the debuff queen, Frederick who is surprisingly solid, Effie, or...

Don't know :(

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Either Sharena or male Robin. Originally it was Sharena for sure, but now I'm kind of up in the air about it.

from my arena experiene Sharena is the better choice, she is more versaile and her debuffs is very effective. M!Robin is effective against colorless opponent, and that's about it.

3 minutes ago, XhenD said:

from my arena experiene Sharena is the better choice, she is more versaile and her debuffs is very effective. M!Robin is effective against colorless opponent, and that's about it.

Thing is, male Robin counters both reds and Takumi. And Takumi can be pretty annoying.

Not sure yet. Options are:
-wait for Ayra to be added, don't roll a 5* during the focus, get a 4* version or somethingĀ 
-- counterpoint: could take a while and my feathers/week rate is pretty good, so I can build up 20k for her specifically if that is the case
-Sharena: strong lance in general
-- counterpoint: I have 2 3-mov Blues that actually synergise a bit better with my team, aside from having no fortify def
-Sully: Deletes red, also one of my favorite characters
-- counterpoint: Reinhardt have a very similar niche to her (although worse defensively, but his offenses are stellar)Ā and he's already 5*, and she functions perfectly fine at 4*
-Olivia: could increase her damage and survivability
-- counterpoint: except she takes maybe 1 hit per like 5 fights and BST won't be a problem by the time i have 20k feathers and training her to 40 is a pain

so yeah idk yet, I could just keep promoting people to 4* to get their skills

also there's the fact that my team is basically set to Ryoma/Nino/Olivia (can sub in other dancers if I actually get them)/+bonus character--though if I really need to sub for a green (like next season I potentially only have Michalis as a bonus unless I get something next focus)Ā I have Reinhardt ready to go as my mage

14 minutes ago, XhenD said:

I think it really also depends on what other units she has. Units don't just function in a vacuum--for example, if she has mostly melee characters (which Fred certainly is, idk the other team members), then a ranged blue complements that better than a full melee team. Having a source of magical damage when your team is mostly physical is also useful.

Sharena could be a better unit in a vacuum, but teams don't function in a vacuum. I mean, I could have Ryoma, Olivia, Lucina, and Eirika on the same team and it'd be pretty shitty because a single Effie can just wipe me.Ā 

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, male Robin counters both reds and Takumi. And Takumi can be pretty annoying.

hmm unless your Robin has +spd, you won't get to one shot your opponents that often. Robin only has 36/40/43 ATK, he doesn't do "insane" damage, even to reds and takumi. Sharena has more health, atk, spd and def than Robin.

But in the end, it depends on what you really need.

If I manage to pull a 4-star [+Res, -Spd] Effie and don't have a 5-star of the same by then, she's next.

Otherwise, in order:

1. Palla, to complete the flier quest.
  2. Gwendolyn and Draug, to have a better min-maxed set of armors for future quests. I already have 5-star neutral nature versions of both, but it feels like a waste to max them out when I have copies with better natures.
  3. Maybe Florina or Virion to gather accurate level 40 stats data for the two of them.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, XhenD said:

Male Robin has the same defenses as Sharena, and his weaker Atk is offset by the fact that he targets Res instead of Def. Attacking at range also gives him the ability to kite enemies around obstacles or soften enemies up before they reach you such as on the lava map and desert map. Robin only lacks in Spd, which is made up for by his ability to attack melee targets without fear of retaliation, and his lack of natural debuffs, though he does have Spur Def.

Being able to wall Takumi, Jeorge, and Klein is also not a small feat in the least.

Most Robins post-skill inheritance run Triangle Adept and a breaker (sword or lance), which fixes his speed problem because he'll double that weapon type regardless. Also I agree that Sharena is better in a vacuum butĀ iirc @AnacybeleĀ has primarily physical melee units, so a ranged mage would help her more than another physical melee unit.

EDIT: Oh yeah I never answered the thread. Not sure yet but probably either Eirika or Nino (working towards a classic Nino team. Yes, Gronnblade Cecilia is better and I actually have all the units to make Horse Emblem work, but I just really like Nino as a character).

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I've got a couple in mind. Hopefully the Hero Merit system isn't too painful like 100 feathers at max merit or something.

So far, I've raised a +Res -Def Jeorge, +Spe -HP Fae, and +Spe -Def Nino to 5*. I 5'd Jeorge because he was the first unit I ever pulled, and I like him a lot as a character.

Otherwise, my next will most likely be Michalis, fully decked out with skill inheritance, in case I don't get a focus unit in the next banner. My other choices are

• Cordelia, +Atk -HP
  • Effie, +Def -Speed
  • Sharena
  • Anna
  • Lloyd
  • Camus

I know the latter two aren't available yet but Regal Blade iirc gives Atk / Spe +2 so assuming Lloyd statsĀ aren't terrible he'll be great, and Camus is a solid lance user with balanced stats, something I really need for team flexibility.

I DON'T KNOW ;;;

It's a total toss-up for me between my m!Robin, Nino, and Kagero Dx They all kinda need it and the former two especially have pretty good skills and I can get some decent stuff on Kagero (Defiant Attack 3, Reciprocal Aid, Hone Speed 2) but I'm being super indecisive about all of it ;;

I'm still deciding if it's better to use all my feathers (I have 20.4 k)Ā in promoting a 4* or in promoting several 3*s to farm their skills.

For the first option, I have Nowi as first option; then maybe Tharja, Hana or even Saizo.

For the second option, I'd farm Fury 3 for Julia from a 4* Hinata; a Quick Riposte 2 from Subaki, also for Julia; Moonbow from both Odin and Palla, to give it to Minerva and Nowi; and maybe Luna from Frederick, to give it to Raven. All the sacrificed units are now 3*, so I'd spend 10k feathers only on fodder characters.

What would you do?

28 minutes ago, XhenD said:

hmm unless your Robin has +spd, you won't get to one shot your opponents that often. Robin only has 36/40/43 ATK, he doesn't do "insane" damage, even to reds and takumi. Sharena has more health, atk, spd and def than Robin.

But in the end, it depends on what you really need.

I've also put Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker on him, so he will be doubling those reds and colorless people that he's meant to take out. And yeah, I'm gonna need a good ranged attacker.

I have a queue of sorts -- Adult Tiki is first in line right now, followed by Nino, and then Zephiel once he comes out.Ā  I'm considering my +Spd/-Res Eliwood right now as well, but the -Res makes me hesitate a bit....

5 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I have a queue of sorts -- Adult Tiki is first in line right now, followed by Nino, and then Zephiel once he comes out.Ā  I'm considering my +Spd/-Res Eliwood right now as well, but the -Res makes me hesitate a bit....

I'd prefer -Res over any other negative stat, though. Last time I ran Eliwood's match-ups, I don't think there were any notable match-ups against magic that he specifically loses due to a -Res nature, whereas he has some serious difficulty not getting killed by physical units due to his lower Def.

14 minutes ago, Pimalai said:

I'm still deciding if it's better to use all my feathers (I have 20.4 k)Ā in promoting a 4* or in promoting several 3*s to farm their skills.

For the first option, I have Nowi as first option; then maybe Tharja, Hana or even Saizo.

For the second option, I'd farm Fury 3 for Julia from a 4* Hinata; a Quick Riposte 2 from Subaki, also for Julia; Moonbow from both Odin and Palla, to give it to Minerva and Nowi; and maybe Luna from Frederick, to give it to Raven. All the sacrificed units are now 3*, so I'd spend 10k feathers only on fodder characters.

What would you do?

For Quick Riposte, I suggest saving yourself some feathers and considering just going with QR1. I sacked a couple of spare Subakis I had to give Robin and a!Tiki Swap + QR1 and it's suited my purposes just fine personally. I'd have to know/see calcs for Julia to know how much she'd prefer the higher levels of it to be more precise, but it might be a nice option for the short term...??

Couldn't you also go halfway and upgrade one of your 5* candidates then 2 of your 4* move fodder candidates?

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

For Quick Riposte, I suggest saving yourself some feathers and considering just going with QR1. I sacked a couple of spare Subakis I had to give Robin and a!Tiki Swap + QR1 and it's suited my purposes just fine personally. I'd have to know/see calcs for Julia to know how much she'd prefer the higher levels of it to be more precise, but it might be a nice option for the short term...??

Couldn't you also go halfway and upgrade one of your 5* candidates then 2 of your 4* move fodder candidates?

Yeah, I'll probably wait for a pull in the next banner, upgrade a 5 and then see if I still need to upgrade all the fodder.

I'll take your suggestion on QR 1 for Julia, I think.

TY!

Who next to 5-Star? Let's see...

Nino (+SPD, -RES): I could really use a Green as well as a magic userĀ for my 5* roster. Nino is the most likely candidate for promotion, provided I ever get around to 20k feathers before I change my mind...
F!Robin (Balanced): Same as above, but F!Robin leans a bit more towards handling Blue Tomes. I also plan on giving her Gronnraven at some point so she can also cover Greys. She performed really well for me during my Arena runs using her as a Bonus Character.
Felicia (+ATT, -HP): Pure favoritism, and the fact I can use Felicia as a "pseudo healer" with Breath of Life.

Cherche (+ATT, -RES): To become the ultimate offensive machine with a Brave Axe and Life and Death. Downside is she also requires a lot of 5* skills to function properly.
Cherche (+DEF, -RES): To become a flying tank that unleashes Blazing Flames on her opponents. This Cherche is more likely to be promoted as all I need for her is a Silver Axe+ and Quick Riposte 3 to finish up her skills.

Kagero (+ATT, -DEF): An Infantry Delete-Button and I have a spare 5* Kagero I could merge into this one. Problem is, she requires a good bit of custom skills to get the most out of her.
Chrom (+SPD, -HP): Somewhat out of favoritism and the fact I have a 5* Chrom I can merge into him. Thing is, I already have too many 5* Swords...
Nowi (Balanced): To become the destroyer of worlds with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte. Problem is, that is a heavy investment and I do not have the characters to properly pass on the skills.