Battle Skills

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

What's SP? How many kills/attacks taken to learn the skill?

It's related to that, yeah.

I dunno how the numbers correspond to in-game though.

EDIT:

Some additional info.

The ultimate skills (Dragon Conquest and True Ragnarok) are unlocked via Alm and Celica's proof weapons (Regal Sword/Falchion and The Zofia).

Godslayer is unique to Falchion (Alm and Marth's), Nosferatu and Binding Blade.

Gonna fill in the rest after dinner.

Edited by VincentASM

The 'Aiming' skill automatically makes archers a lot more viable compared to before. Also helps that Tobin and Leon have great SKL now. Trapping Arrows and Sealing arrows are really cool as well. Should solidify archers being great support units.

And this goes for all weapons/skills: Seems like Gaiden hit rates will be similar, but only on enemy phase. That's a great direction. It's basically just a flat out nerf to counter-attacking which I've always thought would be a welcome addition in FE.

Overall, this is the best skill system FE has had so far IMO. Zero RNG skills to be found (aside from Miracle), which I've never been a fan of since HIT/CRIT already exists. There's some really cool concepts here.

Edited by DLuna

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That's not even half of them XD

The rest are hidden passives though. Not terribly exciting, I think.

RIP.

Good luck getting the other skills.

Holy crap, that's a lot. But some sound pretty good and make classes good at specific jobs.

Added what gets what skill.

Let me know if I missed everything. As I said, the way they handled skills is a mess.

You may notice some skills haven't been assigned. Skills can be assigned on per map basis, but I'm not going to comb every single map : P

Huh, so the Triangle Attack takes HP too? Interesting. I'm still a little confused as to how exactly some of these skills work, but that may only become apparent once the game is out. I wonder if some of these show up as separate commands on the main menu or activate automatically.

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Huh, so the Triangle Attack takes HP too? Interesting. I'm still a little confused as to how exactly some of these skills work, but that may only become apparent once the game is out. I wonder if some of these show up as separate commands on the main menu or activate automatically.

If it costs HP, you have to trigger it via a menu I think.

Not sure about the defensive skills though.

Passives are passive.

6 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

What's the Ilwoon?

It's a sword.

1 minute ago, GrimmLow said:

And how is Parthia. A regalia from Archanea in this game? 

They're all in the game ; )

Items and weapons is next on the agenda.

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

If it costs HP, you have to trigger it via a menu I think.

Not sure about the defensive skills though.

Passives are passive.

Hmm, okay. Some of the HP-cost skills seem like they should be passive, which is why I got confused, but they'll just be menu-activated like the Lunge from Fates it seems. Maybe some of them could even replace the default Attack command when equipped with a weapon that has them?

This is just an aside since you mentioned items above, but where do you think the data for Mila's Turnwheel would be?

Edited by AzureSen

Trapping and Sealing Arrows will make Tobin/Leon an expert at crippling targets so squishy units can rush in and steamroll the enemy.

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but do we know if you keep the skills even if you remove the weapon? Or do you need to unlock the skill with a weapon and then keep using it?

14 minutes ago, HyperBowser said:

Is the emperor's lance the Gradivus?

I didn't see it mentioned on the skills list (unless it's one of the still missing ones).

Different weapons.

Some weapons like Gradivus don't have learnable skills.

A reminder that weapon and item data is coming ASAP : P

This so far is fascinating I really hope that most of these things are actually obtainable :p 

Well as of the weapon skills they seem quite interesting and should cancel out some of the worries 

The effects for Sol and Luna seem quite unusual from what I would have expected Is that because Hp is more important by the numbers in this game?

Mercy at least seems quite convenient for leveling up units... interesting and very curious about some of the stuff in the passive section...

Passive needs a little reworking. I think some skills shouldn't be there (aka they're invisible) and some skills I thought were invisible are visible. Nothing to get concerned about though.

Just noticed a little flag that tells you if a skill is visible or not ^^

Since there is a SP cost perhaps you can use any skill if you have the corresponding weapon equipped, but can use SP to learn the skill perminantally? If so, I'd imagine there would be a limit on how many skills a character can have equipped at once.

17 minutes ago, TheWerdna said:

Since there is a SP cost perhaps you can use any skill if you have the corresponding weapon equipped, but can use SP to learn the skill perminantally? If so, I'd imagine there would be a limit on how many skills a character can have equipped at once.

SP is a value of how long it takes to unlock a specific weapon's skill. Skills are only tied to weapon/class (class skills being unlocked from the get-go).

Edited by AzureSen