New features teased in official guidebook (potential SPOILER)

Can I say that I'm more hyped for the return of Base conversations than the new chapter 6? Really, It's my favorite feature from the Tellius saga and i really missed it.

"Inb4 It will actually be the Barrack(s) from awakening"

Anyway, I'm still curious about this brand new chapter, especially because It gives the possibility of interactions such as the Whitewings x Zeke.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested by the possibility of Base conversations. Since I haven't played Gaiden,  I can't know about chapter 6.
The possibility of a post game is nice, but I'm eh, I'm scared of the possibilities.

Also, screw Awakening. Big.Time. Like, IS, don't, just, don't link them together more than they have to. That mean never do it again.

Hmmmm...

Since it's post game content, I just hope it's fun. If there's dreaded child units, then I hope there's an actual time skip and they're just dealing with a revolution, a la Part 2 in Radiant Dawn.

But I think it'll probably be a combination of the mixed parties 

Spoiler

and they're trying to unite the continent, and appoint leaders to specific regions, since Valentia wasn't united until after they defeated Duma.

The redhead with the mask shows up tries to stop Alm from marrying his sister and uniting the continent. Berkut is still alive or something and aids him since screw you Alm. The true battle, the battle to win over your last remaining in-law and take care of a cockroach for good, starts in Ch6.

25 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

I don't think it's going to be about children since it's just one chapter. Come on.

One Chapter of Gaiden is generally around 10 maps but could realistically be however many--one chapter in particular had either 15 or 16 in the original, I forget.

27 minutes ago, lysander said:

One Chapter of Gaiden is generally around 10 maps but could realistically be however many--one chapter in particular had either 15 or 16 in the original, I forget.

Echoes is going to have even more than that, thanks to the dungeons having multiple monster battles in the same area. The post-game could be a giant "dungeon" with any number of new units, but the dungeon could effectively be endless. Think Lagdou Ruins/Tower of Valni, but the floors just keep going.

I'd personally put hundreds of hours into just that alone.

I just hope it doesn't involve kids or time travel crap. I rather see the troll storyline of Valbar than kids.

Edited by L9999